Guest Charlie-brax

Story title: Not So Perfect

Type of story: Long

Main Characters: Charlie, Brax, Ruby, Casey, Bianca & others

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama & Romance

Does the story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Will mention at the start of each chapter if there is any

Summary: A story about Charlie, Brax, Heath, Casey, Bianca & Ruby. All the good and bad times from when they first meet.

In this story, Ruby still thinks Charlie is her sister. Charlie is still a cop and Brax, Heath and Casey are all riverboys. Charlie's mum and dad are still alive and Brax's dad never left them so Cheryl isn't a drunk. And Bianca has only just come to Summer Bay.

There may be a little bit of swearing.

CHAPTER 1

Bianca walked upto the Summer Bay caravan park, with her younger sister Aprl. She was desperate for a place and this was her last resort. Walking up the steps slowly, with her bags she plonked them down on the concrete of the front door. Knocking slowly, she heard someone coming to the door.

"Hello, what can i do for you?" the man said. He had dreadlocks and looked very clumsy and uncco-ordinated. She smiled up at him, as politely as she could.

"Hello, we were wondering if you had a spare caravan to rent?" Bianca asked, trying to put a smile on her face. She had just gone through a horrible divorce so she wasn't the happiest person on Earth to talk to.

"Yeah, will it just be you two?" he asked, intimidated by the blonde woman standing infront of him.

"Yeah, it will. I'm Bianca by the way" she said, putting out her hand for him to shake. He nodded.

"Miles" he said, as he gently shook the womans hand.

"Okay, well you will have caravan number 4" he said, passing the woman her keys.

"Okay, what else will i need to know?" she asked, wanting the conversation to just finish so she could be by herslef.

"Rent is due every Thurday" he said, as they walked back towards the door.

"Okay well thanks for that Miles" she said, leading hr sister out the door.

"No problem" he said, as the two sisters walked towards their caravan.

"Bianca, i'm going for a swim" April called out, as she pulled her favourite purple pair of strapless bathers out of her bag.

"Okay, be back by 5:30" she said, as she switched on the tv. April nodded, walking out the door. She was sick of her sister sulking and whining so she needed to just get out of there.

April arrvied at the beach. She scanned the beach, looking for someone that she could introduce herself to. There was the surfers, then the slutty girls who whore the smallest bikinis ever made. Then the tanning girls and lastly the swimmers. She didn't fit into any of these groups. She had never surfed before, she wasn't a slut, she was as white as a ghost and she wasn't a very good swimmer. She sighed, as she layed down her towel and walked into the water.

April walked out of the water, aftyer having a really good swim. She walked over to her towel, and picked it up. Just as she had started to dry her hair, she saw two people walking upto her. She stood up, and smiled over at them.

"Hey, are you new around here?" the girl asked. April nodded, confused as to how she would know.

"It's a smll town, anyway i'm Ruby" she said, noticing April's confused face.

"I'm April" she answered. Ruby was probbly the nicest person she had met yet.

"And I'm Casey" the boy next to her replied. April nodded, as she layed her towel back down on the sand.

"Come on, i'll introduce you to a few people" Ruby said, dragging April and Casey towards the surf club towards a boy and a girl that were around the same age.

"This is Indi, and Romeo, and guys this is April" Ruby said, intorducing everyone. April smiled, realising that Ruby mut be the talkative, social one.

"Anyway, i'm sorry but i have to go" Ruby apologised, as she remembered that she was supposed to be meeting her sister at the diner. SHe rushed off, pulling Casey along. H elaughed as he waved them all goodbye.

Charlie sat in her chair, waiting for Ruby to come. All of sudden, she came through the doors with Casey in tow.

"Your late" she said, closing the newspaper that she had been reading.

"I know, i'm sorry" she apologised, as they both sat down.

"Hello Casey" Charlie said, trying to be polite. She wasn't exactly happy about their relationship but she went along with it. Beacuse really, Charlie was Ruby's mum. She had her when she was 14 and her parents adopted her.

"So, Ruby there is something that me, mum and dad need to tell you" Charlie said. They were going to tell her about the adoption tonight, although they were all scared about how she would react.

"Yeah, what is it?" Ruby asked. She was a really curious and impatient and she just wanted to find out now.

"We'll talk to you tonight. Just make sure you're at our place by 6, it's really important" Charlie said, finishing her coffee.

"I will be" Ruby said, as she saw April walk in with another lady. She had long blonde hair and she looked alot like April. She got up and walked over to them.

"Hey April" Ruby said, as they both turned towards her.

"Hey Ruby, this is my sister Bianca" April said, introducing them just as Charlie walked up behind them.

"This is my sister, Charlie" Ruby laughed, at the similarities. They both were the same age and had an oldeer sister of around the same age.

"Hello" April said, shyly. Charlie smiled at her and turned to Ruby.

"Anyway, i've got to get to work so i'll talk to you later" She said, as Ruby nodded.

Charlie and her parents were all sitting on the couch, waiting for Ruby. Charlie sat there fiddling with her fingers nervously as Elsie paced the room. JUst then, Ruby barged through the doors.

"I'm sorry, i'm late" she said, as she took a seat.

"Thats okay" Ross said, as Elsie took a seat next to her husband.

"Okay, well what was it you wanted to tell me?" she asked, turning to Charlie. Charlie sighed as she bagan to talk.

"Ruby, Mum and Dad aren't your parents.." CHarlie started as Ruby sat there in shock. She turrned towards them. She tried to talk but no words came out.

"I'm your mum" Charlie finally saidd. Ruby turned her head, and noticed that Charlie had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Whaaaat?" she asked, unsure of what was going on.

"Ruby, your my daughter, i had you when i was 14 and Mum and Dad took you off of me" Charlie spat, clearly still angry at her parents 16 years later.

"Im your what? They what?" she asked, not beliveing what she was hearing.

"I wanted to keep you Ruby, i really did" Charlie begged, as more tears began to fall.

"I'm gunna stay at Casey's tonight" she said, as she ran past them aand out the door. Just as Charlie broke down in tears.

"It was for the best.." Ross started to say, as he watched his daughter cry.

"NO IT WASN'T! NOW MY OWN DAUGHTER HATES ME!" she screamed, as she ran out the door and ran into Ruby.

"Is it true?" Ruby asked, as tears fell from her own eyes this time. All Charlie could do was nod as her daughter wrapped her arms around her and hugged her.

"So, your not angry?" Charlie asked, confused as Ruby shook her head.

"No, not at you" she said, as they both hugged.

"Im so sorry Ruby. I should of tried harder to keep you.." Charlie started to say, but Ruby interrupted her.

"It's okay Charlie" she said, unsure of whether to call her mum or Charlie.

"Okay, well i'm gunna still stay at Casey's. What are you gunna do?" Ruby asked. CHarlie shrugged. She didn't wanna go back home, that was for sure.

"What about we ask Brax and Cheryl if you can sleep on the couch?" Ruby offered and Charlie nodded, wiping the last of her tears away from her eyes.

GREAT opener,especially ......

 He had dreadlocks and looked very clumsy and uncco-ordinated. She smiled up at him, as politely as she could.

 "Bianca, i'm going for a swim" April called out, as she pulled her favourite purple pair of strapless bathers out of her bag.

 There was the surfers, then the slutty girls who whore the smallest bikinis ever made. Then the tanning girls and lastly the swimmers. She didn't fit into any of these groups. She had never surfed before, she wasn't a slut, she was as white as a ghost and she wasn't a very good swimmer.

 April smiled, realising that Ruby mut be the talkative, social one.

 "This is my sister, Charlie" Ruby laughed, at the similarities. They both were the same age and had an oldeer sister of around the same age.

 the WHOLE "I'm your mum" sequence

btw, is “who WHORE the smallest bikinis ever made” a deliberate typo ?????

CHAPTER 2

Charlie lay on the soft couch, thinking about Ruby and her parents and everything that has happeneed to her recently. Firstly, Ruby accepted that she was her mother and not her sister, she got promoted to Sargeant Buckton at the station and her life was looking good at the moment. Except for her recent break-up with Angelo, and the fact that she was extremely attracted to Brax, not that she would admit it. She sighed, as the put her blanket back over her body. She turrned, to face the tv so that she could get some much needed sleep.

The next morning, Ruby woke up early in her boyfriends arms. Her mother and herself had slept there last night since they were both angry at her parents or as she should call them her 'grandparents'. SHe sighed, as she looked at the time and saw it was just 6:30. Standing up, she wwalked into their kitchen to get a glass of water. She walked in, half asleep to find Charlie staring at a glass of water herself, as if it was the most amazing thing that she had ever seen.

"Charlie..?" she said, quietly. Her head shot up as she looked up at her daughter, with tear-stained cheeks and red puffy eyes.

"Ohmygod, Ruby" she said, as she began to wipe her eyes to get rid of any tears that were forming in her eyes.

"Charlie, it's alright" Ruby said, she knew exactly what this was about.

"I know Rubes, it's just.. i'm so angry. At them, i mean they rrobbed me of being a mother for 16 years.." she sobbed, as a tear finally escaped from her left eye.

"Charlie, it's okay. You have me now. And i'm not going anywhere" Ruby said as she pulled her 'sister' in for a hug.

"Thaks so much Rubes" Charlie said, as her daughter bagan to pour herself a drink of water.

"It's okay. Now, i think we should both get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning" Ruby said, putting the jug of water back into the fridge of her boyfriends house.

"Okay" Charlie said, as she stood up and walked towards the couch. Ruby watched her, and then walked into the hallway and into her boyfriends room. She quietly got under the cover, and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Later that morning, Brax had woken up at 8:00. He groaned, as he heard all this noise coming from their kitchen. He stood up, just in boxers and walked in there to see what all the commotion was about. His eyes nearly bulged out when he saw Charlie sitting there, laughing at something that Ruby had said. He froze in the doorway, and suddenly felt selfconsious in just his boxers. He cleared his throat and everyone looked towards him. Charlie spat out her coffee, when she saw him there. Brax put omn an awkward smile fore her and then walked in the room. He started to pour a coffeee, trying to hold in his laughter.

"Sarg" he said, as he took a seat beside her.

"Darryl" she said, awkwardly. It was then that Casey spoke up.

"I hope it was okay with you but they had no where else to go" Casey said, as he started to pack his lunch for school. He shrugged.

"I don't mind" he said, as he continued to stare at the beautiful woman that sat beside him.

"Okay, well thanks for lettting us stay but i have to get to work now" Charlie said, as she began to stand up.

"No worries Sargeant" Brax called after to her, as he smiled to himself. He was gunna make himself hard to resist for her. He was gunna do everything he could to get to her. And he didn't know why, he was so worried about her not liking hhim and he cared so much about what she thought.

Charlie walked into the diner, it was finally her lunch break. She walked upto the counter and smiled towards Leah.

"Hey, can i get a flat white?" she asked, as she pulled out a $5 note. Leah nodded, as she typed in the amount, into the machine.

"So, how have you been lately?" she asked, she hadn't seen her friend in ages. Charlie handeed her the money and Leah placed it in the money slot.

"Not so good, i have no place to live, really. Me and Rubes had a ... fight? with our parent" she sighed, as her friend began to make her coffee.

"You could always move in with me? My room mate just moved out so.." Leah suggested.

"I would love that, just if it's no trouble and if your absolutely sure?" Charlie asked, getting excited about the suggestion. Leah nodded.

"Yeah, you could move in as soon as you like? I reckon it'd be good to be living in the same house" Leah said, excitedly. Charlie nodded.

"I'll talk to Ruby about it. And thanks again Leah. I really appreciate this" Charlie said, as she grabbed the coffe from her friend.

"No problem, just call me after you've talked with Ruby and we'll sort it out" Leah said, as she served her next customer.

"Okay, seeya later" she said, as they both waved at each other. Leah smiled to herself, she was finally gunna have someone else in the house. It was so lonely with just her and VJ.

Ruby walked into the diner, she was meeting with Charlie again.

"Rubes, i have some exciting news!" Charlie almost screamed, excitedly.

"WHat is it? Did you get another promotion? You are going out with someone? You sorted out everything with..." She was rambling on, until Charlie interrupted her.

"No Rubes, i found a place for me and you to live. I think it was about time i moved out and if you want to aswell, we can.." Charlie said, excitely.

"YES! OHMYGOD! But where is it?" Ruby screamed. Charlie laughed.

"We would be living with Leah and VJ" Charlie said, Ruby nodded excitedly.

"Okay, so i'll just call Leah and arrange everything.." Charlie said, as she stood up and dialled the number into her phoe.

Archived