Type of story: One-shot

Main Characters: Charlie,Brax,Ruby, Bianca

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: no

Any warnings: No

Summary: It is Charlie's wedding day.

For You Are the One

All I can do is watch you from a distance, because I have lost you now. Sorry that I pushed you to the edge and that I dragged you down into my world of deceit and lies. Looking back now at all my empty and broken promises I made too you I realise what you sacrificed for me.

You nearly lost the very thing which defines you, the very thing you pride yourself on, what you have been working towards your whole life. Your career. I’m sorry Charlie that I made you come close to destroying that young and ambitious woman that you are and tried to bend her to my bad and troublesome ways. I’m so sorry that I was too selfish to see how lucky I truly was to have you. If only I would of followed through with your one request of leaving the boys for you, maybe I would still have you instead of this intense heart ache from my now shattered heart of broken love for you. Even as I stand and watch you from the cover of this tree I can’t help but smile. I’m smiling because your smiling that smile that you used to give me when we first met. The smile full of hope and dreams and deep happiness that you so long for. But as time passed I was too blind and selfish to see your smile fade to be replaced by deep disappointment for me. I’m sorry that I nearly ruined your and Bianca’s friendship with yet more lies when came to me causing Liam’s accident. Charlie you deserve better than me and as I watch you today I think you have found the person which will bring you that love and happiness you deserve. I love you Charlie.

As I watch you walk towards your future happiness. I am bursting with pride that you are my Mom. I can’t help but laugh with glee as I throw confetti in your hair I can’t describe the happiness I feel inside as you turn and smile at me. As you look at me I can see your eyes glittering with ultimate joy, as if to say you can’t believe that this day as come. But through that mask of happiness buried deep down I know you still love Brax. But as you walk closer to your future wife I can tell the feeling that you feel for him does not even come close to the love that you feel for the person standing waiting to make you their wife. I’m so glad I’m your daughter Mom I love you.

As I watch you walk closer to me I can’t help but think that you just look stunning. I feel quite jealous of your slim figure in that so beautiful flowing wedding dress. Brax must be kicking himself for pushing you away. But thank you for standing up to him when he asked you to get me to lie about what happened with Liam. Doesn’t he know not to come between two best friends? No man is worth that much. Sorry I nearly laughed then because it would seem you think no man is worth it seeing as today you have found your soulmate to be a woman. And why not I say all men are trouble. I just hope you will find happiness Charlie I love you so much my friend.

Oh God I feel so nervous. I hope I don’t trip in these heels oh no what if I fall and get tangled in this beautiful wedding dress? That would be so embarrassing what if I can’t stop blushing when I see her? Oh God I can’t believe she has come back and she still wants to be with me. It’s funny how things like love goes don’t you think? After I broke up with Brax I just felt so heartbroken and numb. I blamed myself even through he had really put me in some very difficult situations, including nearly costing me my career. I realized he was trying to change who I am. It ended up with it being a choice between being a cop or being with Brax, and although I loved Brax I knew deep down I love my career more. After all what would my Dad think if I risked all I had worked towards for a criminal? Who always broke his promises when it came to him changing his ways. No sorry Brax a part of me will always love you but I realize now you were only ever trying to change me and I didn’t like who I was changing into. Aww look at Rubes she’s so excited for me. I can’t help smiling back she has grown into a beautiful young woman. Oh and there is Bianca we two will be best friends for life. Thank you for being there for me to help me through my broken heart.

but it is you I must thank most of all as I take your hand in mine and lift your veil back. For you are the one who came back into my life and showed me the true meaning of love. I never feel like I need to put barriers round myself for protection or try and impress you. Because I know you love me for me just like I do with you. I let my eyes wander round at all our friends it is then I spot him leaning up against a tree. Brax eyes meet mine for a few seconds both of us thinking of past times and what could have been. Then Brax turns slowly and disappears in the cover of tree. I turn my head and look into your beautiful eyes.

“I love you Charlie” I hear you say. I lean forwards and move in for a kiss just as our lips are about to touch I say quietly for only you to hear.

“I love you Joey my soon to be wife.”

Comments

Archived