Is Anyone Home?

Guest Charlie-brax

Story title: Is anyone home?

Type of story: Medium fic

Main characters: charlie, brax, ruby, casey, heath, bianca and leah.

BTTB rating: Teen

Genre: Romance, Drama, General.

Any spoilers: No

Any warnings: Will tell at the beginning of each chapter.

Summary: Charlie & Brax are extremely attracted to each other. One being a policewoman and the other a riverboy, it was a bad idea for them to be in a relatioship. But they couldnt keep their hands off each other. What will happen when Ruby, Casey, Bianca & Heath find out. And when Leah catches them together?

Chapter 1

Charlie, Bianca and Leah sat in the corner of the small restraunt, Angelo's. They had all recently gone through horrible breakups and needed some time off. Bianca was trashed and Charlie was just slightly tipsy. Which left Leah to be the designated driver, and to look after her two friends. They were about to leave when Angelocame rushing over to them, telling them to stay.

"Aww come on! I really hate to say this, but i need you to stay to keep all the guys here!" he said, slightly embarrassed. Bianca laughed at this statement.

"Fine!" agreed Charlie. She couldn't believe what they had just agreed to.

Brax, Heath and all their riverboy mates all piled into a small restraunt/bar. Brax & Heath walked upto the counter, to realise ho it was behind it.

"Hey officer!" said Heath, with a smartass attitude.

"Aww, he's the one that got me for speeding. That cost me $547 and 43 cents!" said Brax, smiling.

"So... Are you like working undercover?" asked Heath. Angelo smiled.

"Not quite, i own this resteraunt!" he replied. Passing the men their beers. "I see, chan...." Brax trailed off. He had been distracted by this beautiful woman sitting by the corner.

"Who's that?" he said, to himself.

"That's my ex, Sargeant Charlie Buckton!" telied Angelo, as he gazed in her direction.

"Sargeant? But.... Shes" said Brax, stuttering. He was in awe of this woman.

"Yeahh!" said Angelo.

Charlie gazed over in Angelo's direction. Just infront of the bar, was a pack of riverboys. All messing around and causing trouble. Except for one. He was staring in her direction. She smiled at him and kept walking. He smiled back, blushing. She had caught him staring. He couldn't help it, she was really pretty and Brax had the urge to just kiss her. But she was a policewoman, there was no way she'd ever go for a guy like him. He looked down, saddened by this thought.

"Who's that?" asked Bianca, lookin over in Brax and Heath's direction.

"They are Daryl and Heath Braxton. Riverboys from Mangrove River. Bad boys." she replied.

Bianca sighe in disapointment. "Why are the Bad ones aleays so hot" she said, as she walked towards the bar to get more drinks. That was exactly was she had been thinking.

30 MINUTES LATER- outside the bar

"Get in!" said Watson, sternly. She pushed Heath in the local police car. Charlie and Bianca watched from a distance. Leah had gone home and they had stayed for a while longer, when a brawl started in the bar and led to outside. Brax had pulled them all apart, trying to impress Charlie. He walked upto the policewoman.

"Why are you taking Heath in. Angelo started it!" he complained.

"I don't care who started it!" she replied, smartly. "And your welcome to join him if you wanna argue his case!"

Brax was shocked. He had never had a woman so tough on him before.

"I reckon you'd like that!" he replied, before walking back to join the rest of the riverboys.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2

"We're closed!" shouted Angelo, as Brax walked through the door. He looked around, noticing the mess that him and his mates had made.

"Geez, who knew a bit of fun would lead to this!" he said. Angelo just comtinued to fix the broken chairs.

"I would love a place like this!" Brax said, looking around.

"Like i said, we are closed so if you wanna get out of here!" Angelo replied. Brax rolled his eyes and walked out the door.

"Just the usual!" said Charlie. She was at Angelos, ordering lunch when Brax walked in. She saw him and her heart skipped a beat. She disn't know what he was gunna do.

"Hey Sargeant!" he said, walking up next to her.

"Hey, do you know where i could find your brother?" she asked. He shrugged.

"Why?"

"Just need to let him know that the illegal drug possesion charges have been dropped. Someone admitted to planting them on him." she replied. Worried about how much he would rub it in.

"Like i told ya!" he said, just as Angelo walked out to order Charlie's lunch.

"So... Are you two a couple?" asked Brax, since she had been there alot.

"That is none of your buisness!" she said, a little creeped out.

"I'll take that as a no!" he said confidently as Charlie walked off with her lunch.

*Charlie on a run at the beach*

"Hey Sarg!" he said, as he walked out if the surf, board in hand with wet dripping hair.

"Hello Daryl!" she replied as she ran past him.

"Have you ever tried surfing?" he asked.

"No?"

"You should, cause i think you'd look pretty hot, in a wetsuit!" he saud, cheekily as she ran off. As much as she didn't wanna admit it, she did like it.

"Charlieeee, Leaaaaah!" called out Bianca. They were supposed to be going out for drinks but they were taking forever. Charlie knew they were going to Angelos and wanted to impress Brax. She wore a strapless blue mini dress. She straightened her hair and wore the highest heels she had. She had to admit, she did look pretty good.

"Wow!" said Bianca, as she saw Charlie enter the door. "Tryin to impress anyone?" Charlie laughed. Bianca was spot on. She was trying to impress someone.

Brax was working at Angelos on a friday night. Nearly everyone had left and the night was getting dull when Charlie and her teo friends walked in. Brax couldnt help but stare. She somehow looked even more beautiful than every other time he saw her. She looked at him and smiled, looking down they both blushed in embarrassement.

"He's staring!" said Bianca, pointing out Brax.

"At who?" asked Charlie, hoping for her life it was her.

"I dunno, pretty sure its you Charlie!" she laughed. "Yeaah right. Police office and gang leader!" Charlie also laughed at this comment. That was so true but she so didn't want to come true. Just then Brax walked past.

"Sarg!" he said.

"Daryl!" she replied. They both really liked each other but didn't want to admit it. For one, he was in a gang. He was a badboy, drug dealer and his brother was a criminal. And two, her pig bosses wouldn't be too happy with her. They bith smiled awkwardly, before he kept walking. Leah laughed.

"I can tell, he likes you" she said, being serious. Charlie just glared at her.

"I know, i wouldnt even let you in the first place soooo.." Leah said. Bianca was off with his brother Heath and Leah was about to leave. Charlie was stuck sitting all by herself at the front table.

"Charlie Buckton!" said a voice, coming from behind her.

"It was an ex boyfriend. He physically abused her when they were together. She freaked and jumped out if the seat.

"M.. Ma... mark!" she stuttered. He laughed.

"Do do you have a boyfriend?" he asked, straight to the point.

"Um... Yeahh!" she said, trying to think of someone that would lie.

"Who? do i know them?" he asked. Brax had been listening and he snuck in behind her.

"That would be me!" he said, and they shook hands.

"Oh.." he said, disapointed. He walked straight out of there.

"Are you okay?" he asked. She smiled.

"I am, thanks to you!" she said smiling, and then she also left. Leaving him hanging. He was confused. Did he like her back or did he just like her by herself.

GREAT start, especially.............

 Bianca was trashed and Charlie was just slightly tipsy. Which left Leah to be the designated driver, and to look after her two friends. They were about to leave when Angelocame rushing over to them, telling them to stay.

"Aww come on! I really hate to say this, but i need you to stay to keep all the guys here!" he said, slightly embarrassed. Bianca laughed at this statement.

"Fine!" agreed Charlie. She couldn't believe what they had just agreed to.

 "Aww, he's the one that got me for speeding. That cost me $547 and 43 cents!" said Brax, smiling.

 "Sargeant? But.... Shes" said Brax, stuttering. He was in awe of this woman.

"Yeahh!" said Angelo.

 "They are Daryl and Heath Braxton. Riverboys from Mangrove River. Bad boys." she replied.

Bianca sighe in disapointment. "Why are the Bad ones aleays so hot" she said, as she walked towards the bar to get more drinks. That was exactly was she had been thinking.

 "And your welcome to join him if you wanna argue his case!"

Brax was shocked. He had never had a woman so tough on him before.

"I reckon you'd like that!" he replied, before walking back to join the rest of the riverboys.

 "I would love a place like this!" Brax said, looking around.

 "You should, cause i think you'd look pretty hot, in a wetsuit!" he saud, cheekily as she ran off. As much as she didn't wanna admit it, she did like it.

 Charlie knew they were going to Angelos and wanted to impress Brax. She wore a strapless blue mini dress. She straightened her hair and wore the highest heels she had. She had to admit, she did look pretty good.

 "It was an ex boyfriend. He physically abused her when they were together. She freaked and jumped out if the seat.

"M.. Ma... mark!" she stuttered. He laughed.

"Do do you have a boyfriend?" he asked, straight to the point.

"Um... Yeahh!" she said, trying to think of someone that would lie.

"Who? do i know them?" he asked. Brax had been listening and he snuck in behind her.

"That would be me!" he said, and they shook hands.

"Oh.." he said, disapointed. He walked straight out of there.

Chapter 3

Charlie walked in to the diner, to get her coffee.

"Hey, can i just get a flat white?" she said, handing Leah the money.

"Sure." she replied, as she turned and started making the coffee. Charlie went and sat at the nearest table while she waited for her coffee just as Brax walked in.

"Hey" he said, pleased to see her.

"Hey, thanks for the othernight" she said. "I don't know what i would've done without you" she smiled.

"No worries" he replied as he also ordered a coffee.

*In the interview room*

"So Daryl, what were you doing at 8:43 last night?" asked Watson.

"I was at Angelos!" he replied, smartly.

"Anyone can verify that?" she asked. He shook his head until he thought of Charlie.

"Yess actually. Charlie Buckton" he answered. Watson gasped.

"Do you werent at the petrol station in Mangrove River!" she asked.

"No" he answered.

"Okay, interview finshed." she answered, as she walked out of the room.

"Has he got an alliby?" asked Charlie. Watson nodded.

"Actually, it was you!" she replied, waiting for an explanation.

"Oh yeahh, hes telling the truth." Charlie replied, before walking into her office.

"And what exactly was happening?"

"I went out for drinks and Mark came. I told him i had a boyfriend but he disnt believe me. So i was tryin to think of who and Brax overheard so he told him it was him. And that is it!" she replied.

"Oh..."

"You can go now." said Watson, as she let Brax out of the interview room. He smiled at Charlie as he walked past. She looked down and blushed.

*later on at Angelos*

"Hey i came to pick up the pizzas for the office" she said to Brax, who now worked at the bar.

"Suree!" he said, passing her the pizzas.

"and again, thanks for last night. If theres anything i can do.." she asked.

"There is actually.." he said, as he leaned down and kissed her. She pulled him off.

"Not that!" she said, as she walked out of the restraunt.

*At the share house*

Brax, Heath and Casey all were sitting on the couch. Charlie had just rejected Brax so he needed a beer. Heath had mutiple times been rejected by Bianca and it was starting to show on him. Casey was scared to tell Ruby he liked her. They all sat there and stared at the television screen.

"Woman troubles?" asked Heath.

"Yep" both Brax and Casey answered simutaneosly.

"Yeaa me too" Heath said, sighing.

"We've been here for 3 weeks" Brax said, sighing. He didn't know what to do about Charlie. He really liked her.

REALLY liked that, especially.............

 "Has he got an alliby?" asked Charlie. Watson nodded.

"Actually, it was you!" she replied, waiting for an explanation.

"Oh yeahh, hes telling the truth." Charlie replied, before walking into her office.

"And what exactly was happening?"

"I went out for drinks and Mark came. I told him i had a boyfriend but he disnt believe me. So i was tryin to think of who and Brax overheard so he told him it was him. And that is it!" she replied.

"Oh..."

 "and again, thanks for last night. If theres anything i can do.." she asked.

"There is actually.." he said, as he leaned down and kissed her. She pulled him off.

"Not that!" she said, as she walked out of the restraunt.

Archived