Sooner Than We Thought

Guest callyha

Story Title: Sooner Than We Thought

Type of story: Oneshot

Main Characters: Charlie and Brax

BTTB rating: T/A

Any Warning's: no

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: No (as far as aware)

Summary: Charlie decides its time to tell people about her and Brax, only she had hoped she'd have a little more time to think of how to say it.

Pulling her car into the space just outside the motel room, Charlie couldn't help but smile as she saw the shadowed figure walk passed the window. For nearly six months she and Brax had kept their relationship a secret; meeting whenever they could –where ever they could-, calling each other when they couldn't find the time to be together. Every time they saw each other, a smile appeared on their face, the rest of the world didn’t matter to them. Charlie switched the engine off and got out of her car, glancing down at the bracelet Brax had given her the week previous as it clinked against the door of her car. She smiled more as she wiped her hand lovingly over the individual diamonds as they glistened in the light around her slim wrist.

"About time" Brax smiled as he pulled Charlie close to him and began to kiss her tenderly. Charlie ran her hand over Brax's toned stomach as Brax ran his hands through her long wavy hair, backing slowly closer to the bed that was hidden under a mass of rose petals. Charlie kicked her leg out to close the door, the door snagged shut as Charlie and Brax fell onto the bed, rose petals blew off the bed and floated around Charlie and Brax as they slowly removed each other’s clothes. Brax followed Charlie's strap of her top as it fell down her arm before Charlie ran her hands up Brax's now bare back.

"This is nice" Charlie smiled as she drew circles over Brax's stomach, her head resting on his chest.

"I do try" Brax replied as he ran his hand up and down Charlie's arm

"I hate doing this you know, keeping you a secret, our relationship a secret. I want to tell everyone"

"So why don't you?" Brax asked

"I like the excitement. It’s different. It's something I've never done" Charlie smiled

"You know, I don’t think people are gonna care about us been together"

"We don't know that. Everyone at work is determined to get you or your boys for something" Charlie replied as she looked up to Brax

"But they’ve got nothing on me, so were good” Brax smiled as he placed a kiss on Charlie’s forehead “what time do you have to be at work?” Brax asked as he restarted stroking Charlie’s soft, slim arm

“I have the day-off” Charlie smiled before laying on her stomach and looking up to Brax once more, biting her lip in a suggestive way

“I guess we’ll have to find something to amuse ourselves with then” Brax smiled as he pulled Charlie up so she was lying on him, Charlie giggled as she moved up his body, her lips meeting his as she smiled.

Ruby paced the room, her mobile glued to her ear. Worry plastered over her face as Casey, Miles and Leah sat on the couch, waiting to hear Ruby say Charlie’s name. Ruby looked to Casey with desperate eyes as she shook her head. Charlie had left the house earlier in the day and hadn’t told anyone where she was going. Something Charlie would never do; she’d make sure one person knew where she was, and that was either Leah or Ruby.

“She’s not answering” Ruby said with a slight panic in her voice “Do you think something bad has happened to her?” Ruby asked as she hung up from that call and proceeded to make another

“No, nothing bad has happened to Charlie. She can take care of herself” Leah replied as she rose to her feet and stood beside Ruby.

“This isn’t like her. She always tells someone where she’s going” Ruby brought the phone to her ear “Always”

Charlie giggled as her phone on the floor light up and showed Ruby’s name on the screen. The ringing started and Charlie popped her head out from under the sheet. Her hair was messy and she panted heavily as she searched the floor for her ringing phone

“Can’t you just leave it?” Brax asked in between breaths as he looked to Charlie as she tried to reach her phone

“It has rung nine times now, I have to answer it” Charlie replied as she fell onto the floor “Ow!” Charlie giggled as the sheet landed on top of her. Brax lay on his side, leaning over the bed watching Charlie as she scrambled to answer the phone “Hello?” Charlie answered “Rubes, what’s wrong? I couldn’t find my phone, sorry. I just…I need a day by myself. I’m fine Rubes, I just….I forgot to tell someone where I was going, that’s all” Charlie bit her lip to stop herself laughing as she looked to Brax “I’ll be home soon, yea, love you too”

“You lied to your own daughter” Brax smiled as he watched Charlie rise to her feet

“I didn’t lie” Charlie replied

“Erm, yea you did. You said you are having a day to yourself”

“I know. But it wasn’t my fault that you turned up” Charlie smiled as she got back onto the bed “So” Charlie began as she wrapped her arms around Brax, facing him “I’ve been thinking”

“Oh yea” Brax smiled as he took Charlie by the waist

“I’m going to tell people about us” Charlie smiled “As much as I love the sneaking around and the element of danger and the excitement of it all, I just, I haven’t felt like

this before, you and me, it’s just…I can’t explain it. When we go back, I’m going to tell people”

“Really? You sure?” Brax smiled

“Yes, I won’t back out this time”

“You said that before” Brax reminded

“This time I mean it” Charlie replied as she moved closer to Brax and kissed him softly on the lips.

Ruby sat in the shadows. Looking at the blank TV screen, waiting for Charlie to make her entrance back into the house. Charlie tip-toed through the kitchen and into the lounge, never seeing Ruby, who had now risen to her feet and had her arms folded across her chest, looking to Charlie.

“Where’ve you been?” Ruby asked. Charlie screamed slightly upon the shock

“What are you doing? You scared me” Charlie replied as she placed her hand over her fast beating heart

“I asked you first” Ruby said

“I went out, and bumped into an old friend, we got talking and I lost track of time” Charlie replied

“Yea, that’s why your hair is a mess and your lips are redder than usual” Ruby noted

“What do you want me to say Rubes?” Charlie replied as she placed her bag on the table and walked back to the kitchen to make herself a drink

“The truth would be a great start” Ruby replied. Charlie grabbed a glass from the shelf and filled it with some water “Well?” Ruby asked

“I’m gonna be sick” Charlie said as she placed the glass on the counter and ran for the toilet. Ruby followed Charlie to the bathroom, but the door was closed. She could hear Charlie retching and knew that Charlie hadn’t said that it get out of telling her the truth

“Charlie, are you okay?” Ruby asked as she stood against the door. The toilet flushed, followed by the water tap been switched on, followed by the door been opened “Charlie?”

“I’m fine” Charlie replied as she finished wiping the tears from her face “I’m gonna go to bed”. Ruby stood and watched as Charlie made her way to her room, trying desperately to figure out where she had been during the day.

Charlie woke early the next morning after having very little sleep. She couldn’t shake the sickly feeling; she hadn’t been sick since the night before, but she still felt pretty lousy. She walked into the kitchen and raided the cupboards for a cracker of some kind, knowing that they eased the stomach whenever someone had a sickly feel to them.

Morning” Miles said cheerfully as he wandered into the kitchen “How is Charles today”

“Someone is too cheery for this time in the morning” Charlie replied as she went to sit outside

“Are you okay? You don’t look so hot” Miles said as he followed Charlie outside, carrying the pot of coffee and two cups, obviously for himself and Leah to enjoy a coffee in bed

“Since I came home last night I’ve just felt so sick” Charlie replied as she bit into her fourth cracker “I haven’t felt this ill since I had” Charlie trailed off as she looked to the calendar

“Had what?” Miles asked “Charlie? Had what? Charlie, Charlie” Miles continued, but Charlie seemed to be in a daze, she rose from her seat went into the house, grabbed her bag and car keys and headed to her car.

“Where’s Charlie gone?” Ruby asked as she entered the kitchen

“Out” Miles replied as he walked passed Ruby and made his way to Leah’s room.

Meet me at deacon’s point.

Charlie xx

Brax smiled as he read the message; they’d only left each other a few hours ago and he already missed her. This is what it was like; they missed each other when they weren’t together. Brax knew he had fallen for Charlie, ever since he first saw her at Angelo’s he was never able to look at another woman the same way he did at Charlie. Charlie was different, unique and very very sexy. Brax smiled as he saw his beauty stood, leaning against the wall. Her hair blowing in the slight wind that swept around.

“Hey” Brax said as he kissed Charlie softly on the lips “What’s up” Charlie bit her lip as she looked up to Brax. She then went into her bag and held a white stick out to Brax

“I think we’ll be telling people about us sooner than we thought” Charlie said as Brax took the stick from her “Brax, I’m pregnant”

Comments

Archived