Guest Zetti

Story Title: Everything Happens For A Reason

Type of story: Short/Medium Fic

Main Characters: Heath, Angelo, Brax, Casey and others

BTTB rating: Teen/Adult

Genre: Slash

Does story include spoilers: Alternative Universe

Any warnings: Sexual Content, Language

Summary: Two unexpected people find their way together.

Chapter One

It was about 7 o’clock that evening when Heath finally finished his essay, he pressed save and then pressed print.

Two different thoughts then popped into his head. Firstly that he needed to eat because his stomach felt like his throat had been cut and secondly that he definitely needed a shower.

He let the printer run as he jumped into the shower. As the water ran over his body, he started to think about how much more university essays he had to do. He had two essays that were due in two weeks and a massive portfolio well by massive it was 3000 words.

He poured the shower gel into his hands and lathered it all over his body exposing his defined muscles and letting the water run all over him. For a few moments, the water went from hot to freezing cold.

‘Damn, this stupid boiler’ he cursed

He turned off the shower head and shook off the water from his head. He could hear his phone ringing but he ignored it, it was probably Brax ringing to see if he could work at the restaurant. For jack all pay as well he thought to himself.

He rubbed the soap into his muscles and across his arms. He had a tan and every time he moved his arm, you could see his tattoo move, some people like Casey thought it was gross but others thought it was cool. Heath in particular wasn’t that

He was sick of working there; he would rather be surfing and generally going out to have some fun.

His phone started ringing again. He ignored it once again but it wouldn’t desist so he pulled on a towel and answered the phone

‘About time’ he heard Brax’s voice in the phone

‘What do you want?’ he said a bit annoyed

‘I need you to do a shift’

‘No’ Heath said simply

‘Why not?’ Brax was confused; normally Heath didn’t mind doing any shifts at the restaurant.

‘I have just finished my essay; I plan to have a beer and an early night’

‘I will pay you’

‘At your rate, I would rather not’ he responded

‘$200 for 4 hours’

‘$300’

‘$250?’

‘I am not negotiating. You need me not the other way around’

‘Bro! Please!’

If you pay me $300 then I will!’ Heath said with a grin on his face.

‘I will pay you $275 and you can keep any tips you get’

Heath smiled, he loved it when a plan came together. ‘I will be there soon’

‘Is he coming?’ Angelo asked as he delivered the orders to the kitchen.

‘Had to barter the price with him but yes he is on his way’

‘How much?’ Angelo asked wary. His eyes opened up very wide when Brax told him. Once he had his voice back ‘You’re paying that out of your own pocket I hope, I don’t want to lose my investment’

‘Don’t worry mate, your my uni mate, I won’t let your investment be for nothing’

1995: Perth University

‘So that’s it for today’s lecture, bring with you the hand-outs for next lecture as we will be focussing on that, have a nice day’ the lecturer said in a drone type voice so it was hard to tell whether or not she was trying to be nice or not.

‘Union?’ Brax said as he caught up with Angelo

‘Oh yes, I need it!’

Brax smiled ‘so… your date?’ he said with a suggestive nudge

‘Oh, it was alright. I got the feeling she didn’t want to be anywhere near me’

‘Ouch’

‘Ah… there will be other girls’

‘Bros forever eh!’

Brax was at the union later on that night, he arrived at 10pm but there was no sign of Angelo at all.

‘Joe?’ he called the bartender

‘Brax’

‘Has Angelo passed through here?’

‘He was here at 9 but I haven’t seen him since’

‘Thanks’ Brax was confused but figured that Angelo would reappear at one point.

‘Hey!’

‘Sorry, I came before but she called’

‘Ooh… get laid?’ he asked but he was drunk

Angelo was about to answer him but Brax tripped up and he grabbed hold of him before he fell flat on his face

Angelo walked Brax back to his dorm and managed to get him into his dorm room.

Angelo put Brax on the bed. He said ‘Angieee’

‘Go to sleep, mate’

Angelo admired him. He was taken aback by the way he was seeing Brax, he put it down to the alcohol. He smiled as Brax started to snore. Brax’s face scrunched up and Angelo couldn’t help but admire it, his face looked so strange but yet he just couldn’t move his gaze from it. A few moments later, Brax relaxed and Angelo looked away.

He was perplexed as to why he felt like that but he shook it off as he walked away from the bed and towards the door. He left the room and walked into his own. He thought that was really strange, he couldn’t have feelings for him could he?

He lay on his bed and thought to himself.

I have always liked girls, it’s really weird that I had that feeling, maybe it was because I was drunk? Who knows?

Hope you enjoyed it :) x

:wub: I am so glad that sooo many people commented. :) I hope you enjoy this chapter :)

Chapter 2

Heath was working the room, turning heads of all the customers. He seemed to have this magnetic personality that drew everyone in and made him such a popular person.

‘He needs to be a permanent worker’

‘On the rate that we pay our staff, he won’t’ Brax said as he served a customer a drink.

‘Do you think if we offered him double on permanent but flexible hours, he would work here?’

‘Well, one thing I know about him is that you can never predict him so who knows, you can ask’

Angelo smiled ‘Asking him might not be a bad idea…’ he mused as Heath walked up to the counter ‘I am going on my break’

‘Sure’ Angelo said with a smile

Heath looked at him curiously. ‘Are you feeling okay?’

‘Yes why?’

‘You are smiling, you never normally smile’ Heath said with a grin

‘Ha-ha, Mr Funny today aren’t we’

‘I try my best’ Heath bowed and ducked as Angelo threw a straw at his head.

‘Now, now boys, we have customers’

Heath laughed as he made his way out of the restaurant into the lower floor of the surf club.

He bumped into Casey ‘What are you doing here?’

‘I locked myself out, I need a key, and Brax has a spare one all the time’

He smiled ‘Go on then’

‘How did your portfolio go by the way?’

‘It’s done, managed to finish it before’

‘When is it due for?’

‘Two days’ time’

Casey whistled ‘organised aren’t ya?’

‘More time to party’ he chuckled

‘I wish I could’ Case said with a smile ‘I have too much work to do’

‘Get organised then’

‘Sod off’

Brax came down the stairs with garbage bags and threw them at Heath ‘Language!’

‘Put them in the bin’ he added to Heath.

‘Slave driver’ he muttered as he walked away

‘Sorry, can I have the spare key?’

‘Sure, don’t lose this one; I can’t keep getting new ones!’

Casey shrugged as he walked down the stairs ‘you can afford it can’t you?’

‘Money doesn’t grow on trees!’ he added but with a wry smile as Casey walked out of the surf club laughing to himself.

Angelo closed the doors and turned to look at a very dirty restaurant, chairs were everywhere and you could barely see the table under all the dirt.

He smiled as heath walked out of the kitchen

‘You gonna help?’

‘Is anything in it for me?’

‘A permanent job’

Heath stopped in his tracks… ‘Really?’

‘Yep, you draw in the customers, and it is good for the business… so will you consider it?’

‘Sure, but it will have too…’

‘Fit in around your uni timetable’

‘That’s freaky’ he said

‘What?’

‘You’re finishing my sentences’

Heath started picking up plates and piling them up. ‘By the way I am not cleaning them’

‘I nominate Brax to do it’ Angelo replied

‘Me too’

Brax walked in from the tables outside with glasses and plates on his arms. ‘Nominate who to do what?’

Heath and Angelo looked at each other with a sly smile.

‘Oh no. No!’

‘What?’ he asked innocently.

‘You don’t fool me Heath, I am not doing it’

He frowned in confusion, ‘What? You’ve lost me now’

‘The cleaning, I am not your slave’

‘And… I don’t work here, just temping... Remember?!’

Brax turned to Angelo ‘Haven’t you asked him yet?’

‘I did, but he hasn’t replied yet.

‘I need to negotiate terms.

Brax rolled his eyes ‘Here we go then’

Angelo smiled ‘Don’t go too overboard, I had better get off, my lady is waiting for me’

Heath had to admit, it felt weird Angelo talking about females and relationships, especially since he came out.

2008: Mangrove River

Heath lay on the bed, it was about 4 o’clock in the morning and he hadn’t even slept yet, he had too much going on in his mind. He had known that he was gay for a long time. He had barely finished high school and he knew that he was gay.

He wasn’t surprised really; he had always had the weird feelings, uncertainty when he got a butterfly in his stomach when a hot topless guy came on the TV especially in the action films.

Everything changes so quickly he thought to himself, a few weeks ago, he had just about accepted to himself that he was in fact gay but as much as he accepted it himself, he wasn’t ready for everyone else to know about it.

Only problem was, he had just had a break up with his girlfriend whom he had dated for nearly 4 years.

He had doted on her but since he had realised that he was gay, he had decided to be himself on his own, he didn’t know it was possible but all he really did know was that he was nowhere near ready to tell the world about who he was.

Accepting it himself is a lot different to telling the world. He didn’t know how to tell anyone.

‘Heath’s been acting strange’ Casey commented when he & Brax were sitting on the sofa.

‘Heath is strange’ Brax said not really noticing the concern in Casey’s voice.

‘it’s different, I mean he split up with Holly’

‘Yea, but he was always going to do that, they haven’t been close for a while’

Casey huffed ‘No its different’

Brax sighed frustrated ‘What do you think the problem is then’ folding his newspaper and looking at him.

‘I don’t know, maybe you should talk to him?’

‘Urgh’ Brax said ‘Why me?’

‘He’ll listen to you, more than me’

Brax sighed, he knew Casey was right. At first he had put Heath’s weird headspace down to exams and what not but he won’t even eat with us or give either of us the time of day, it isn’t like him.

‘go on then’ Casey said with a hint of a smile on his face.

‘Yes mister’ he mocked as he got up and walked towards the door

He didn’t have to go far as Heath was walking towards them both.

‘I need to talk to you’ Heath said decisively

‘Okay’ Brax said walking back into the room and sitting down.

‘I know, I have been distant but there is a reason for it.

Neither of them responded, they didn’t know what to say to him.

‘This isn’t easy for me to say’ he faltered and then said ‘The reason I have been acting all off lately is because I have been really confused’

‘Confused?’ Casey asked

‘Yep, I am not sure how to say it’

Brax and Casey looked at each other for a few moments and then turned to Heath.

‘We have always been able to talk to each other, take your time’

‘I am…’ he stopped looked at them and then continued ‘gay’

I apologise in advance for such a crappy chapter... have a had tough day.

Chapter 3

2008: Mangrove River

‘Sorry what?’ Casey wasn’t sure that he had heard Heath right

‘You heard right’ he said echoing his thoughts ‘I’m gay’

Brax didn’t say anything; hell he didn’t even know what to say.

‘How long have you known?’ Casey asked with curiosity

‘A month, less even.’

Brax found his voice a few seconds later ‘Wow, I never expected that’

Heath smiled at his comment ‘It’s not like I did either’

Brax smiled ‘It’s not going to change anything thought is it?’

‘Nope, am still going to start uni, life will go on’

Heath was sat on the beach, watching the waves. He couldn’t be bothered to actually surf, he was waiting for the phone call that was going to tell him whether or not he had gotten into the local university.

The suspense was killing him but he tried not to concentrate on it too much because he knew if he did then he would go mad.

‘No reply yet?’ Case asked as he towelled off.

‘Not yet, I feel like I am going insane but what can I do?’

‘Well…’

‘What?’ he asked

‘You haven’t told anyone else have you?’

‘No, I only wanted you two to know so I didn’t have to keep on trying to explain my behaviour that’s all’

‘Can I ask?’

‘Ask what?’ Heath said but he knew what it was

‘What made you realise that you were gay?’

‘I can’t really explain it, it just happened?’

‘So what you were just not attracted to holly anymore?’

Heath chuckled to himself ‘no, I love Holly but I just realised that I didn’t feel like I was in the relationship and then I kissed a guy’

Casey’s eyes widened with shock.

Heath continued ‘I was drunk but I realised that whilst most straight guys, they would feel repulsed and disgusted with themselves and I can’t deny that I did at first feel like that, but in time I realised the only reason I felt like that was because I am gay’

Casey was in awe of Heath, he couldn’t believe how much had happened to him and how well he was coping with it, he hadnt told the whole world yet but he wasn’t bothered about that because he had told the people who matter the most to him and he couldn’t have asked for more than that to be honest.

Summer Bay 2011

Heath had decided to take Angelo up on his offer of a job, he couldn’t see the harm it would do if he had a job and the money was good.

‘So, are you working tonight?’ Angelo asked him

‘According to the rota, I am’

‘Okay, that’s fine. You know what to do anyways so you don’t need an induction’

Heath smiled but was confused, Angelo was being strange and distant, and he didn’t understand it because he was fine with him before.

Angelo walked away from Heath, he was puzzled by his own actions, he didn’t expect to be so cold towards him but he just got really annoyed all the time.

He looked back but Heath wasn’t looking at him, instead he was flirting with a guy. The strangest feeling came over Angelo.

What is this strange feeling?

I don’t understand it.

A few moments later though… or was it a lifetime?

It dawned on him.

He was jealous

Why am I jealous? I am not gay.

I am straight.

Straight as the next man, I cant be this person that likes men, I have never liked men in that way.

Angelo pondered this all the way back to his house; he threw the keys on the table near the door and sat down on the sofa.

He cast his mind back to the moment at the restaurant not long before when he was jealous, he was desperately trying to work out, what it was that he was feeling.

Am I confused?

Jealous?

Angelo shook his head and turned the television on; he wanted to stop his head from hurting with the thoughts wandering around.

It didn’t work; he just kept having the same questions resounding in his ears.

He wanted to answer them but where was he supposed to start? He thought back to the night when he was admiring Brax when he got drunk but he had put that down to the fact that he was drunk.

‘Am I gay?’ he asked himself with such finality.

He knew the answer but he really didn’t want to admit it to himself. Whatever happened he wasn’t going to act on his feeling, which was not what he wanted for himself. He didn’t want to be gay but he knew that he was.

‘Heath’ one of the waiters called.

‘Yea?’ he asked as he served a table.

‘Isn’t Angelo supposed to be in?’

‘Don’t know, I didn’t check who else was on. Isn’t Brax here?’

‘No, there’s no change left’

‘Okay, hold on, I will go down and get some’

‘Sure.’

He walked downstairs to see Brax and Casey having a chat.

‘Brax’

‘What?’ he said curtly.

‘Your restaurant needs change, are you okay?’ he asked Casey.

Brax looked at Casey and then walked up the stairs.

Heath caught up with Casey and recoiled at the black eye that was beginning to develop.

‘Did Brax do that?’ he asked after a few moments.

‘No, it was a guy from school…’

‘Why?’

He looked at him with that look.

‘Oh. I get it now, who was it?’

‘It doesn’t matter’ Casey said hurriedly.

‘Tell me bro’ he said. He might be aggressive towards his friends but he would do anything to protect his brother.

‘Why was Brax getting annoyed for?’

‘He doesn’t want you to know’

‘Why not?’

‘He doesn’t want you to get involved and get in prison’

Heath looked at his black eye and realised that he had to do something. ‘You need to tell me who it was’

‘No!’

‘Tell me’

Casey closed his eyes and whispered to Heath.

‘It was Romeo’

Heath frowned and then clenched his fists. Casey knew what was going to happen next.

Hope it wasn't that bad.

Thanks for the comments peeps,

-_- I really appreciate it and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please comment and enjoy x

Author's Note: Some sexual content...

Chapter 4

'Please don't do anything to him' Casey begged as he ran out after Heath.

'He attacked you, I am not going to stand around and let him insult you' Heath spat.

Casey grabbed his arm and turned him around 'you will end up inside, you have a degree'

'He can't take his anger out on you! It isn't fair, you haven't done anything wrong'

Casey just said to him 'Just leave it!' he said through gritted teeth

Heath looked at Casey one last time and shrugged him off. 'He needs to get what he deserves. I am not going to let him get away with this.

Casey tried to stop him again but he just wouldn't listen to him. 'Just go back to the surf club and let me do this'

Casey gave him an ultimatum with his eyes looking like steel 'you do this and you lose me. I will never talk to you again'

Heath stopped in his tracks 'You don't mean that' he said in disbelief.

'I do, you know I never make a ultimatum without backing it up'

Heath knew that Casey was right. 'He deserves it'

'He does, I know but I don't want you to end up inside, not when you have your life ahead of you'

Heath stopped completely then 'He has to pay' he said more to himself than to Casey.

'Please, just come with us to the surf club and we can talk about this?' He urged him with his eyes. Heath just couldn't shake off the feeling that Romeo deserves to pay.

'I can't let it go, he needs to pay, and I have to do this. I am sorry' he said apologetically.

Casey knew that even if he tried to stop him now, it would be worthless so he did the only thing he could think of which was to get Brax.

Heath located Romeo sitting on the beach only 10 minutes later. His anger had been festering and he was reaching boiling point.

Romeo spotted Heath and instantly knew what was going to happen. He stood up and walked away but he knew Heath was coming and that he couldn't avoid this situation however much he wanted to.

'Oi!'

Romeo closed his eyes for a second and then turned around.

'What?' he asked defiantly but regretted it the moment he had said it.

'Why the hell would you punch Casey?'

Heath's eyes looked like they were about to explode.

'You know why queer' he sneered

'Queer…'

Romeo looked into his eyes.

'Yes, a queer, a dirty, good for nothing queer!' he spat

'You couldn't think of anything original then' Heath said to him with the anger seeping out.

'That's what you are'

Romeo knew exactly what was going to happen next, he could see it in his eyes.

Heath threw back his arm and went to punch him. His fist connected with Romeo's eyes. He flung back from the sheer force of the hit.

'Heath!' he heard a voice from behind. In the few seconds that he was startled, Romeo tried to get away.

He turned around and couldn't see anyone there.

Romeo didn't get very far when Heath caught up with him 'Why Casey?'

'You know why' he reiterated

'Why not attack me; if I am the one you hate'

Romeo didn't answer him at first. Heath had begun to calm down. Romeo looked at him and Heath had no idea what was about to happen but Romeo leant in towards him. Heath didn't realise what was happening until he actually felt his lips on his.

Heath didn't push him away so Romeo took it as a cue to kiss him more passionately. He put his hands on his back, once Heath felt that he pushed him away but Romeo just kissed him again. Heath was still quite confused but he didn't resist.

Strangely he was enjoying it. He didn't understand it but he was caught up in the moment.

Romeo didn't look shameful at all just scared of what he was going to do.

'What the hell?' he asked really confused

Romeo couldn't talk; he just looked at him with a blank expression on his face.

'Well?' Heath said

'I don't know why I did that' he admitted

Heath came to the realisation that Romeo was struggling to make sense of his actors.

'You're gay' he said with conviction

'No, I can't be' he stumbled back trying to distance himself from Heath.

'You're going to accept it eventually; you are just in denial at the moment, not much to be done about that'

'How can I stop?'

'Stop being gay?' he asked wondering how he got from being angry to feeling sorry for him

He nodded

'You can't, it just cant be stopped, it is who you are, learn to accept it'

'How, I know nothing about being gay'

'You like men, that's just about it really, there's not much else to say about it, is there?'

'I am really confused now, I have always been with girls. Why now?'

'Everything happens for a reason' he stated simply.

Casey was pacing the surf club hoping that Heath would turn up soon, he didn't want his older brother to end up in prison.

Please please he thought to himself

'Bro, what you doing?' Heath said as he walked in.

Casey turned around 'What happened?' not bothering to answer his question.

'I punched him' he said casually

'And…'

'That's it, he wont be going near you in that way again' he promised.

Brax walked down the stairs 'You, upstairs now!'

'Who me?' Casey said

'Heath' Brax said and turned around.

Heath patted him on the back 'If I am not here in about 10 mins, call the police' but he said with a grin on his face.

Casey shook his head 'Idiot!'

Angelo couldn't sleep, the same issues went around and around in his head,

He knew what he was; he didn't know what this meant though. Was he supposed to act differently?

Most people could tell if someone was gay, he didn't know if the fact he was gay was going to make people look at him differently.

He couldn't handle that. It was hard enough people knowing now, the future was uncertain and he had a bad feeling that he was going to end up alone and miserable.

Sorry if this chapter doesnt flow, have got a few things on my mind, hopefully the next update will be better. Enjoy xx

Chapter 5

Angelo was walking on the beach later on that night. He couldn’t believe what he had just seen.

He called out to heath when he saw him kissing but then decided it was better if he stayed out of it.

He didn’t want to get involved, he had enough going on.

He sat down taking in the sights of the beach, somehow the water calmed him down but it didn’t calm his thoughts, his brain was working overtime with all the thoughts spinning in his mind.

‘You okay?’ Charlie asked as she spotted him on the beach.

‘Yep, I am fine, couldn’t sleep’ he said

‘Me neither, too much going on in my mind as well’

Angelo frowned and she continued ‘You can’t say anything to anyone’

‘Okay’ he said warily.

‘I kind of like someone but I don’t think he likes me back, getting strange signals off him and just makes me even more confused’

‘Who?’

‘Brax’

Angelo smiled ‘You are both too blind to see it’

‘See what?’

‘He likes you too, he’s just too proud to admit it’ Angelo told her with a smile.

‘Really?’ she asked

‘Yep’

Charlie stood up and shook off the sand from her jeans. ‘Thanks’ she said with a smile before walking away.

Angelo only wished it was that easy to sort his own life out. He was surprised at the intensity of his feelings when he saw Heath kissing the blonde. He didn’t even stay long enough to realise that Heath had pushed him away.

The fact that he was always so confused and unsure about what to do about his own sexuality just meant that he needed time.

Only problem was that Summer Bay was a small town and things spread a bit too quickly especially if Colleen found out.

A few weeks later…

‘Is Angelo working today?’ Heath asked as he clocked out later on that afternoon.

‘Nope. He told Brax that he wasn’t going to be in for a few weeks’

‘Strange’ he commented.

Casey commented back ‘yes, it is’

‘So has Romeo stayed away from you?’

‘Yep. Whatever you said, worked’

‘Good. You do not deserve to be bullied or pushed around by him’

Casey narrowed his eyes at Heath. ‘Is there something going on?’

Heath replied with a straight face ‘What makes you think that?’

‘Oh come on, Romeo never backs down, so one punch from you and he does. He flinches every time he sees me’

Heath frowned. ‘Really?’ He knew what Romeo was going through, it wasn’t exactly a pleasant time.

‘Yep, well as long as he stays away from me, I don’t really care’ Casey said not noticing that Heath had stopped talking.

‘Exactly’ Brax said as he interrupted.

‘Sorry, was miles away’ Heath said as he came back into the conversation.

‘You okay?’

‘Yep, just want to crash, I will see you tomorrow’

‘Actually….’

Casey smiled ‘I’m off.’ He smirked at heath before practically sprinting out of the restaurant.

‘What?’ he said choosing to ignore Casey’s smirk.

‘I need someone to do a double shift tonight’

Heath groaned, ‘Damn Case!’

‘Please, I am a man down and Angelo isn’t coming back yet’

Heath was tempted to say yes but ‘I cant, I have to finish my essay, its due in tomorrow and I haven’t finished it yet’

‘Please! You can do an all nighters’

‘No! I can’t, sorry, get Case to do it; he isn’t at school anyways so make him’

‘He’s already working tonight’

‘Looks like you are stuck then’ Heath said as he walked out.

‘Come on’ Brax implored but it fell on deaf ears as Heath didn’t respond.

‘Bugger’ Brax muttered as he tried to find someone to do the shift.

This chapter is short but I wanted to finish it in a simple way. This is my first slash so it isn't perfect. I hope that you all enjoy it

:)

WARNING!: SEXUAL CONTENT!

Chapter 6

Heath handed in his assignment and he couldn't believe the relief he had felt when it was all over and done with.

He had no control over the marking but he was just relieved to have it done; now he didn't have to think about it until the results were available.

'Hello?' he said as he picked up his phone

'Hi'

'Angelo?' he asked

'Yes, I need to talk to you'

'Okay, am at uni, but I am on my way home.'

'Can you come to mine?' he asked

'Sure, are you okay?'

'Yes I just need to talk to you.'

On the train journey home, Heath was thinking about what it was that Angelo wanted to talk about.

Heath knew that it had to be serious otherwise he wouldn't have bothered contacting him but it didn't stop him being curious.

'Come in' he heard Angelo say as he approached the door.

Heath walked into the room. 'So…'

'You want a drink?'

'No, I just want to know why you summoned me here'

'You make it sound like I forced you'

'You don't normally ring me. After all, all I am to you is your best friend's brother'

Angelo's face went red as he admitted 'You mean more to me than that'

Angelo was surprised at how easy it was for him to admit that to Heath.

Heath could sense that Angelo wanted to say more to him so he thought it best not to say anything else.

'I have been confused for a while now'

'Does this have something to do with why you haven't been around the restaurant?'

'Sort of' he admitted

'Okay' Heath had to admit, he was more confused now but he shook that off and let Angelo continue.

'I have been confused for a while now but I think that when I saw you on the beach with that man'

Heath's cheeks flushed not because he was scared but he didn't want people to know it was Romeo, he had to keep Casey safe.

'What about it?'

'I realised that l like you' Angelo admitted as his whole body sagged down.

Heath looked at him in shock, never in his wildest dreams did he think Angelo would say that to him.

Heath didn't say anything because he was striding up to Angelo and kissed him on the lips.

Angelo didn't have time to register it as he kissed him back just as passionately. His hands went on Heath's back as he pulled himself against him.

Angelo could hardly believe the intensity of his feelings, Heath kissed him and pulled on his bottom lip, resulting in Angelo groaning and pushing himself closer towards him.

Angelo removed Heath's top. Heath removed his lips and pulled off his shirt smiling at Angelo who had taken his top off already.

'Are you sure?' heath said as Angelo put his hands on his waist.

He nodded not able to put into words, he moved his lips towards Heath's neck and his hand moved towards his jeans.

Heath groaned as he felt his hands rubbing over him, He pulled himself away from Angelo 'We can't'

'Why not?'

'Sorry, I have to go'

'Whoa, why?'

'I need to go' he repeated

'Hold on why?'

'You are my brother's best friends, it's a recipe for disaster and I can't be in that position'

Angelo looked at him and took his hands. 'We can'

Heath picked up his shirt and pulled it on 'You are still in the closet, I have been in that position, you need to come to terms with it first, before anything happens.'

'So you are rejecting me?'

'We aren't even together' he told him

'Okay, so if I tell the world that I am gay, we can be together?'

'Basically'

Angelo got his shirt, 'fine lets go'

Heath was taken aback 'Are you serious?'

'Yes, I have spent the past few weeks in denial about everything in my life apart from one thing'

'What?' he asked Angelo

'You' he admitted for the first time in a while, he felt happier than he had ever been but he couldn't get rid of the sense that doom was on its way.

Heath walked home later on that night, Angelo had told him that he was going to tell the world so that they could both be together, but it wasn't as simple as that to him.

Heath had always been proud of who he was. He wasn't going to put himself down for it but he knew that Angelo wasn't going to out himself, he saw it in his eyes. He wouldn't be able to do it for himself.

It's a shame but life deals you these things, all you can do is pick yourself up and move on. He knew life wasn't simple but he did believe one thing.

Everything Happens For A Reason

Comments

Archived