Guest pembie

Story Title: Fate

Type of story: Long fic

Main Characters: Aden, Belle and Justin, Nicole Dexter plus others

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Romance, Drama.

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language

Summary: Don't want say too much as it will give the twists away but hope to get you sobbing and on edge on your seat.

warning scenes of horror

Hi this is my first try at a fan fiction story its not finshed yet

Fate

Screaming and sounds of terror surrounded Aden has he lay in the midst of blown apart bodies body parts scattered all round him.

Since being posted out to Afghanistan with his brother Justin Aden had been depressed it had been pretty good to start with, with the army training Justin had been a great laugh to be round playing tricks on the other soldiers like letting off stink bombs in their beds and generally goofing around Aden had almost forgot the pain he had left behind in Summer Bay. (almost) but now the serious times were on him, after all the soldiers were spilt up and shipped off to different posts in the war Aden and Justin had been posted out to Afghanistan together but that didn’t help Aden. with people dying round him everyday the depression soon took hold in his mind.

Thoughts of Summer Bay crept up on him and he couldn’t shake them off. The way he just left without saying goodbye to Nicole, just a lousy text saying he had gone. He cared deeply for her but those feels were just that they were strong but didn’t come close to lets say love. As much has the thoughts of Nicole hurt him, the most painful and loving memories of Summer Bay Had been with Belle. she had and was his true love, he had a photo of her inside a heart shaped locket which he wore all the time since leaving Summer Bay. The picture showed Belle at her best full of life her sparkling sexy eyes and sexy dirty smile she only ever give him was with him always.

Lying there on the cold wet ground with gun fire and explosions all round him Aden knew he was dying. He could feel the big gaping hole in his chest. with the loss of Belle it didn’t matter without her, with her gone life wasn’t worth it no more as Aden’s breath started to grow shallow and his eyes begin losing focus on this world, what would the next one be darkness ?( forever) Aden’s final thoughts as he held on to his locket with a picture of his dead love inside were I will see you soon Belle my Angel with one lat breath Aden died

part 2 is on the way tell me what you think so far

or send me a pm

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Chapter 2 I changed the Title of the fan fic to Fate it best suits what I have in mind.

Chapter 2

Has the darkness lifted from Aden and as he opened his eyes blurry vision greeted him. Aden’s emotions were running high He was dead he was sure of that he couldn’t wait to see his beloved Belle once again.

His excitement was building with every second. “Belle” he whispered “Nope” who was that voice Aden willed his eyes to adjust to the blinding sunlight of the Beach, ? but how could this be the beach? but surely enough there was the sounds of the waves of the sea in the background. “Belle are you here” Aden said with force, “ Nope came the reply from the mystery voice again.

“Yo Bro stop working on your tan will you, you know it will never work for your skin your just end up going bright pink.” as sounds of laughter filled the air Aden’s eyes adjusted so he could see clearly once again. The Image which came to his eyes was enough to make him burst with laughter. staring down at him with a big goofy grin was his brother Justin “what the hell” Aden stammered “ Justin how did we get here? where are we? is this the beach in Summer Bay?.” Aden still lay in the sand to dumbstruck to move “ Well lets see Justin said “the beach is a nice place great view war has finished for us two come on get up why don’t you? Can’t lie round all day Aden got to his feet a he was gaining his balance Justin said “oh yeah I nearly forgot to say we are both dead”. Aden lost his footing and fell face first into the sand.” You what”? Aden said while spiting mouthfuls of sand out his mouth, Aden looked up at Justin who was hopping round with excitement just like he was in a candy store, and not blown away somewhere on a far away battlefield back in Afghanistan. “Yo dude you do know we are dead”? Aden said in shock “I know Bro” Justin said through tears of laughter, Stepped on a land mine trying to get to you”, “so what now?” Aden said “I can’t believe this.” Yeah, yeah we are dead blah, blah , blah” Justin said.

Just then a darkness took hold and the wind picked up , Aden hadn’t noticed a wind before he was pretty sure it had been hot really hot. A mist began to form on the sand, the mist was swirling until a black hooded figure appeared. Aden couldn’t see the face and was not sure if it was human. Aden went to grab his heart shaped locket for comfort but was shocked to find it missing. Justin looked down at his brother on the ground and simply said oh yeah should of told you about him sorry.” The Grim Reaper reached inside his big robe and pulled out Aden locket flipped it open and tossed it to Aden. Has it hit the ground Aden noticed it was a different photo of Belle, this photo was a full body shot of her The Grim Reaper pointed to the picture with a bony finger and pulled Justin over to him with the other and whispered in his ear.Justin pulled back and said “Aden it is not your time yet” Aden looked taken back “did that thing just speak to you Justin?” “Yep cool don’t you think?” The Grim Reaper pulled Justin back, Justin spoke his message to Aden.“ You feel guilty you couldn’t save her from her cancer don’t you,? We will give you one more chance brother to save her.”

“Who Belle” Aden stammered “yes” Justin said “you see that photo? it will guide you. You have a chance to live again in Summer Bay, Belle will be healthy and very much alive, but if you fall in love with her or if she falls for you that picture in your locket will start to fade, until there is nothing left, at that point Belle dies the more you or her fall in love more of the picture fades. Do you understand bro.? “Yes I do but will Belle know me” ? “No” came Justin’s reply. “You must be as much distance between the two of you has you can there will be least chance of anything happening that way. Come forward death wants you and bring the locket” Aden staggered forward the Grim Reaper quickly grabbed his t shirt and pulled him close, Aden looked into darkness he couldn’t see a face or eyes nothing. The Reaper gently let go of Aden’s shirt and placed the locket Aden was holding round Aden neck. The cold chill of those bony fingers sent shivers up Aden’s spine then the Reaper pushed Aden with so much force that it sent Aden tumbling back into the sea.

Aden woke coughing a surf broad by his side and the sound of someone running and screaming his name.

Chapter 3 is coming hope you enjoy so far

Here's the next chapter hope you enjoy

Thanks very much to Elissa who checked it over for me

Chapter 3

Strands of her long blonde reddish hair gently blew across her face as she tried to get her camera into focus. She had to meet this deadline for The Coastal News, the local newspaper in Summer Bay. She was working towards an article on the beautiful sights of the town. What made this deadline so important was her editor had pulled her aside and had a quiet word to warn her about the upcoming lay offs and if she didn’t get good enough photos they would have to let her go.

So the last thing she needed was a dodgy camera with a crack in the lens to make focusing hard.

All of a sudden, there it was; the perfect shot. Her finger hovered above the shutter button for a second. After that she would have a breath-takingly perfect shot of the waves as her finger lowered down to take the shot.

“Hey Belle, you alright babe?”

Belle jumped about a foot in the air as did the camera and landed in a kid’s sand castle.

“Oh, sorry,” Nicole said. She sat down on the sand. Belle only looked at her as she jumped to her feet in frustration and stomped over to her camera, which was lodged in a sand castle. She bent down and gently began to fish it out of the sand.

“Sorry about that little man,” she said.

The kid looked into her eyes, his arms folded across his chest.

“You stupid cow.” He burst into tears. Belle looked up shocked and saw the kid’s parents running over to their beloved little brat.

“Look I’m sorry. I was taking a...”

“Look we don’t care what you were doing, you wrecked our sons master piece. Don’t you know he’s going grow up to be a famous architect,” the father shouted angrily.

“I have more important things to think about than that you stupid little man,” Belle said through clenched teeth.

The man looked at Belle and backed away. Belle was ready to explode. Her cheeks were red and hot from anger. Nicole rushed over and held back her arms. The man grabbed his kid and ushered his wife down the beach. Nicole slowly walked Belle over to where they had been sitting before.

“Wow that was intense don’t you think,” said Nicole.

“I can’t deal with this stress at the minute. I have photos to take for the paper and...”

“Oh my God I think someone just got knocked off their board by a wave,” Nicole said panicky. She stumbled to her feet and ran toward the guy lying dazed in the sand. She quickly turned and shouted back, “Hey come to my birthday party tonight.” She was shocked to see Belle was already gone.

“ADEN. ADEN. ARE YOU OKAY?” Nicole shouted.

She dashed over to him. Aden sat up, shaking his head. He tried to stop himself seeing stars. Nicole ran over to him and threw her arms around him.

“You okay?”

“Yeah I think so.” Aden was too dazed to know what was going on.

“You must’ve gotten hit by a big wave. Hey baby, you’re going come to my party tonight aren’t you,” Nicole said.

“Yeah,” Aden muttered.

“Good. See you at eight.”

Nicole started to walk off, as she did a text message came through on her phone.

She turned to Aden. “Hey my friend Belle’s coming; I think you’ll like her.”

Aden walked away slowly from the sea and sat in the spot Belle had sat moments before. He felt really dizzy, his head slowly cleared.

He reached down to feel for his locket with Belle’s picture inside. It wasn’t there. He searched the sand around him, throwing sand everywhere. Maybe it had all been a dream. War, getting shot, Belle dying. Aden was just coming around to that way of thinking when he thought he saw something strange in the water ahead of him.

The bony hand of the Grim Reaper rose out of the water. Aden only saw it for a second, his locket clenched in its fingers. Aden knew the pain in his forehead was the locket as it hit him. He fell back onto something hard buried in the sand.

Aden slowly dug the portfolio out with his hands. He flipped open the cover; IF FOUND, RETURN TO BELE TAYLOR. Aden couldn’t believe his bad luck. He wasn’t meant to see her or get close but that wasn’t the plan if the powers that be wanted to play this game, he would to and beat them. He stuffed the portfolio down his pants and started walking.

“OOOOOOOOOOOO Aden, is that something in your pants or are you just happy to see me,” a blushing Colleen giggled.

“Always happy to see you Colleen,” Aden said. He walked off. He seemed to remember Nicole mentioning a party. Aden looked at his watch, it was 8.30pm. Was it that time already? He must have really been away with the fairies longer than he thought.

Aden looked up at Belle’s bedroom window. He thought she might be at the party. He wanted to get in, drop the portfolio off, then out. That was the plan, what could go wrong.

He launched himself up the tree by her window as fast as his legs would take him. This seemed easy, like fate wanted his plan to work. He carefully opened the window and began to climb in. He was nearly through when he caught his foot and tumbled through the window and hit the soft carpet below. Aden got to his feet. The house was quiet. He placed the portfolio on Belle’s desk. He felt so tired and drained that without thinking fell onto her bed.

“Hey you can’t sleep there. Who the hell are you?”

Aden jumped up and saw Belle glaring back at him.

“Okay I’m going.”

Aden searched his pockets for his house keys.

“Look I brought back your portfolio and I’ve lost my keys.”

“Oh and you want me to take pity on you?” Belle said.

Before Aden could stop himself, he heard himself saying, “Just for tonight. I don’t bite.”

“Okay then. You can sleep on the floor but you better be gone in the morning,” Belle said.

She had the strange feeling this had happened before, but just couldn’t remember when. She had never seen his guy before. Or had she?

hey everyone here's chapter 4

thanks to Elissa for helping me with my grammar again it helps me out alot :rolleyes:

and I enjoy your guys feedback

Chapter 4

Aden woke up with a throbbing headache. He had no idea where he was. He wasn’t on the floor of Belle’s bedroom anymore. He tried to move and felt sharp piercing rocks beneath his knees. He quickly rolled back onto his back to get away from the pain. As he was trying to rub away the sleep and pain that he felt he suddenly thought he saw a dark form of a shadow rise up above him.

The Grim Reaper glided above his body and waved a bony finger back and forth.

“Tut. Tut. Oh my, Aden.”

A deep voice spoke from somewhere in the deep ghostly shadows. Aden sat up and pushed back with his feet to try to get away from the booming sound.

“We haven’t got off to a flying start have we? We warned you to stay away from Belle or she would end up dying again. This is your chance to save her by staying away from her. She can set herself a new path. One that doesn’t include you.”

Aden looked into the reaper’s face of darkness and shouted up to it. “YOU WANTED ME TO BUMP INTO HER.”

The voice laughed.

“So you fall for the first bit of temptation we give you? Anyway it’s not what we want, it’s how much you love her to save her from her fate of dying.”

“So you want me to fail?” Aden muttered.

“Life and death is a very complicated thing Aden,” came the reply. “And by the way, do you like my new perfume?”

The reaper opened his arms and the smell of Belle filled Aden’s nostrils with the beautiful smell of her perfume that she always used to wear.

Aden woke up in a cold sweat on the soft carpet of Belle’s room. He was trying to calm down from the nightmare he had just had, but somehow he knew it had been real. He turned and looked at Belle’s bed. She looked beautiful as she slept. Her eyes softly fluttered. The sounds of her quiet snoring, the way she took slow relaxing breaths brought happiness and pain to Aden’s heart. The way she looked at that moment made Aden ache inside. He slowly bent over, careful not to wake her, and gently kissed her on her mouth. While their lips touched for a second Aden felt alive. He then tip toed over to the window and was climbing out when his pants got caught on part of the window frame. He fell back onto the floor. He looked up to see if it had woken Belle but she hadn’t stirred. Aden tip toed around the bed and out of the bedroom as quiet as he could, but he crashed into a vase.

Belle had gotten to sleep quite well that night. It didn’t seem to worry her that there was a strange guy asleep on her floor. He could have been anyone for all she knew; an axe murderer, a madman with a gun, but she had felt strangely calm. She didn’t know why, but she felt a connection with him. Somehow. She could have sworn she had felt him kiss her on the lips for a fleeting second while she had been half asleep. For some strange reason she felt safe. Then she heard a crashing sound as something smashed downstairs. Good job Irene was away visiting her daughter Finn in the city, otherwise the sound would have woken her too.

Aden snuck toward the front door as quietly and carefully as he could manage. He hadn’t noticed a nail sticking up out of the floor. As he stepped, the pain in his foot both shocked him and took his breath away. He quickly hopped backward, not spotting the vase sitting on the table behind him. But he heard it as it smashed. His eyes scanned the upstairs landing, begging Belle not to catch him. He bent over and gathered the pieces of broken vase together.

“Oh I see you’re one of those guys are you?”

Aden gasped in shock. He was bent over mooning this beautiful girl he secretly loved. He couldn’t believe the way his luck was going. He expected his pants to rip there and then. He didn’t dare look back to check as he turned to face her.

“Those guys?” He said.

“Yeah the kind of guy who spends the night with a girl and then plans to run off the next morning without saying goodbye,” Belle said cheekily.

“I didn’t sleep with you, I slept on your floor. I didn’t want to wake you. I thought you wanted me to be gone in the morning.”

Belle gently punched Aden’s arm. “I’m only messing with you. My god you look like a scared rabbit,” Belle laughed.

After the laughter had died down, they looked at each other.

As Aden gazed into those beautiful, enchanting, lovely but not so innocent eyes of his true love, he wanted to run over to her, take her into his arms and tell her how much he loved her and how much he missed her. He wanted to passionately kiss her lips and feel hers against his. But it didn’t matter what he wanted, he knew what would happen if he did; he would lose her all over again.

Belle looked across at this mysterious and sexy guy she didn’t know but at the same time somehow did. He looked like he wanted to say something but was too nervous too. She stepped towards him but he quickly turned around.

“I have to go,” he said.

“Tell me something first,” Belle said. “Have we met before?”

“Nope don’t think so,” he said.

The hint of sadness in his voice told Belle he was lying for some reason.

Hey Guys

Here is chapter 5 hope you like it Thanks for all the feedback

Chapter 5

“Hey you’ve reached Aden Jeffries. Sorry I can’t get to your call right now but leave a message and I’ll get back to you.”

As the answer message echoed into her ear for the hundredth time Nicole flung her phone in frustration. It sailed to the other side of the room. Nicole stared at the phone. She hated it at that moment, just sitting there on the sofa silently mocking her.

“Oh Nicole where’s Aden? I wonder if he’s cheating on you. Why did he miss your birthday party of all things? Maybe I could help you find out. Oh wait, no I can’t. I just ring out don’t I.”

Nicole’s eyes were bloodshot from all the crying she had been doing. She loved Aden so much, but sometimes she thought that love was one sided. He told her he loved her, but did he mean it. In his own way he did, she thought.

They had been together a year now. Before that they had been best friends. What a perfect way to base the foundations of a relationship on, friendship first. That’s what he had told her when they first talked about getting together. He’d said he wanted to take it slow to begin with. Nicole was happy with that and their relationship had steadily moved forward. But when she looked at him sometimes he either looked dazed or off somewhere in a world of his own. She often tried to ask him what he was thinking about but Aden just said stuff for her not to worry her pretty head with, kissed her and they got caught up in the passionate chemistry between them and Nicole’s doubts about their relationship and Aden’s far away thoughts were forgotten. They had great chemistry but that didn’t change the fact that Aden’s commitment to her wasn’t there when it mattered. He often missed their dates, he always felt bad after and was always sorry, but Nicole often wondered if Aden was somehow missing an inner part of himself, like part of his soul was missing. He always seemed lost and was searching for his soul mate, which Nicole sadly knew deep down wasn’t her.

Aden turned to face Belle.

“Trust me, I would remember a girl like you if we had met before.”

“Oh and what do you mean by that?” Belle asked.

“Well, you know,” Aden said nervously. He was shocked at the big hole he had started to dig for himself.

“No I don’t know,” Belle replied.

“Well what I mean is...”

“How beautiful and forward I am?” she laughed.

Aden gulped as he looked at up at her. He had been pretending he had found something really interesting on the floor since this conversation had gotten to this stage.

“Yep,” he said quickly. He lowered his head again.

“You think I’m beautiful?” Belle teased.

“Well yeah I guess,” Aden whispered.

“Sorry, what was that little mouse? I make you nervous don’t I?”

Belle walked over to him and placed her hand under his chin and raised it up so they were looking at each other again.

“You can look at me you know. Okay, let’s start again,” Belle said. “Like last night never happened and we’re meeting for the first time.”

Aden wanted to leave but he was rooted to the spot.

“How come I’m in your house then?” he asked.

“Oh I don’t know. I caught you perving at me through the window,” Belle said.

“Your blinds are shut,” Aden pointed out to her.

“Okay clever man, it doesn’t matter. Imagine we’re on the beach or something,” she said.

Belle stretched her arm out. “I’m Belle. And you are?”

Aden muttered his name but Belle didn’t seem to hear him. She was looking at the locket hanging around his neck.

“What’s that?” she asked. Her fingers gently touched the gleaming sliver heart. Aden pulled back and snatched it away from her.

“Don’t touch that,” he said forcefully.

“Hey chill out. Is it just some jewellery you like to wear?” Belle laughed.

“No.”

“Okay, has it got a picture of your girlfriend or something inside?”

“Look, it’s just something special to me and very close to my heart. I don’t want lose it again,” Aden said out of breath. He took a couple of deep breaths to get himself together.

“Is it a picture of Nicole?” Belle asked. “She said she was going out with someone and by the look on your face I would say that someone is you. Shame really.”

Belle walked slowly towards him, gently took his face in her hands and kissed him. When she pulled back she whispered in his ear, “That was for last night. I know you kissed me. I don’t know why you did but I liked it. It was a nice wake up call.”

As she looked up at him Aden couldn’t hide his tear filled eyes from her.

“Hey why you crying?” Belle asked worried.

“I have to go,” Aden said.

He grabbed the doorknob but lost his balance and fell backwards out on the street. He quickly got up and slammed the door before Belle could say anything. As Aden started to walk away, his locket felt really hot against his chest. Aden quickly threw it to the ground. As it landed at his feet the locket opened to reveal the picture of Belle standing by a big oak tree but the bright leaves of the tree no longer shined bright in the sun but had become dull. The fading of the photo had begun.

Pushing a chip around his plate, Aden sat alone in the diner. Well he felt alone. He found himself travelling to the place in his mind where he kept those private and far away thoughts he often had and never shared.

“Hey dude.”

Aden snapped back to reality to find a goofy guy and quite an attractive girl grinning back at him.

“Hey dude, would you like to star in our Blog?” the goofy guy asked

Hey Guys thanks for all the commets they mean alot

heres next part

Chapter 6

Aden slowly turned his head and was greeted by a big goofy grin which belonged to a geeky guy. A somewhat attractive girl stood behind him.

“Your what?” Aden asked.

“Our blog. It’s kind of like an online diary. It’s a place to connect with loads of people around the world,” the geek replied.

“Yes I know what a blog is.”

“Oh good then. Let’s get started. You’re the ideal candidate.”

“Oh and why’s that?”

“Depression.”

“Sorry, wait a minute. Who the hell are you?” Aden asked.

“Oh yeah sorry. I was so excited about you sitting over here all depressed that I forgot to say. I’m Dexter, or Dex. This is April.”

Dexter waved his hand to the black haired girl behind him. Aden didn’t see her.

“It’s May mate, why are you telling me the month?”

“No she’s...”

“It’s May I’m telling you.”

“No, her name’s April,” Dexter said. He pushed her forward so Aden could see her.

“Hi pleased to meet you,” April said.

Aden spotted her.

“Oh hey April. I would say I’m pleased to meet you but I just wanna be left alone right now.”

“That’s why it’s a perfect time to do the blog. While you’re in your depressed state,” Dexter said with excitement. He grabbed two chairs from two customers about to sit down at the table behind them.

“Ouch,” they both screamed. They crashed to the floor.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Dexter said quickly. He turned and went on like nothing had happened.

“Now where were we,” he said. He sat down, April sat on the second chair. She took a laptop out of her bag.

“Oh great I’m here with a couple of clowns,” Aden muttered.

“Oh yes, clowns. A perfect cure for the depressed soul wouldn’t you say?”

“How can you tell I’m depressed? I’m not, okay?”

“Oh really, well let’s see. You’re sitting here slumped over your tasty looking burger and chips looking like you want to cry or punch me and my good friend April here.”

Aden looked over at April.

“Sorry about him, he’s strange,” April said.

Aden rolled his eyes.

“And the fact that chip you’ve been moving around your plate looks like it might be drowning in ketchup. That’s my clue for you being depressed,” Dexter said.

“Are you still here banging on? Give your voice a rest dude,” Aden said.

“I would but that wouldn’t do much good for your online interview now would it?”

“Oh okay,” Aden said angrily. “I’ll go along with this little game just so you can bugger off afterwards.”

“Good because April’s got the laptop all set up ready to go.”

April twirled the laptop around to face him.

“Aden, now would you speak into the webcam there please?” April asked.

“Oh yes, I would love to speak into the webcam. It would be the highlight of my day,” Aden mocked.

“Okay, please say your name to the camera please Aden.”

“Aden Jeff– Hey how do you know my name?” Aden shouted.

“My fault. We kind of did some research on facebook and twitter about you before we found you,” April said.

“Of course you did,” said Aden.

“Now tell us what has you all upset. Maybe our online fans can help you. Hey on a different topic, can I have your burger? I’m starving. Thanks,” Dexter said.

Aden went to grab his burger but found it gone.

“Hmmm, nice and juicy. Colleen you’re such a good cook. Colleen?” Dexter looked around and found Colleen behind him helping some people off the floor, which was covered in food from Dexter’s earlier episode with the two chairs.

“Dexter Walker, trust you to cause all this chaos,” Colleen whined. Dexter turned and faced Aden and grinned. Aden stared at him and shook his head.

“What an odd fella you are.”

“Now Aden,” April said. “Getting back to it, what is it? Heart break, guilt? Why are you upset?”

Aden looked at April. “Will you tell your strange boyfriend to stop munching down my burger so loud I can’t hear myself think. I think the rest of what you said was lost as he bit off a big chunk of my burger and shoved it into his mouth. What did he say?” Aden asked.

“Oh I think your problem is heartbreak.”

Dexter nodded his head with excitement. “Yeah that’s right,” he said. “Oh hmmm, this burger’s so good.”

“I wouldn’t know,” Aden said. “By the way, aren’t teenagers like you using the internet for porn these days?” Aden said.

“Blogging is the new age porn now dude,” Dexter said.

“I think you’ll find its not. Anyway, I’ll tell you. My problem is I can’t be with the girl I really want.”

“Oh yes, torn between two lovers. Oh I’ve been there,” Dexter said dreamily.

“I doubt that very much,” Aden laughed.

“Well maybe not. But I have in my dreams,” Dexter admitted.

“Well what about April here?” Aden said. He nudged his head in April’s direction.

April looked at Dexter with red blushing cheeks.

“No, we’re not a couple, just good friends,” Dexter spluttered. He sprayed Colleen’s apron with chewed hamburger as she rushed past with a mop.

“Oh Dexter. You’ll be a couple soon enough. I have an eye for these kinds of things,” Aden said cheekily.

Dexter was too busy gulping down big mouthfuls of water from the jug on the table to answer. When he calmed down and could talk without coughing, he went on.

“Which girls are you torn between Aden? Hang on April, bring up that info on your iPad will you?”

April began tapping her finger excitedly. Aden let out small moan. Dexter leaned over April’s shoulder and a grin began to form.

“Oh yes, Nicole and Belle. Well dude, you have good taste,” Dexter laughed.

“Hey how do you know this?” Aden asked through clenched teeth.

“Oh they’re both talking about you on Facebook and twitter. Well Nicole’s really pissed at you and calling you a pig. And that’s putting it nicely. While Belle’s in love with you saying she thinks you stole her heart and I can see you have that heart necklace.”

“Hey don’t starting mocking my locket dude,” Aden said.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” Dexter said laughing.

“Hey you know Shakespeare?” Dexter asked.

“Well not personally.”

“Very witty Aden,” Dexter mocked. “Well Romeo and Juliet were lovers torn apart like you and Belle. And what did they do to be together?” Dexter asked.

“They both died,” Aden said.

“Well there’s your answer,” Dexter said grinning.

“So you’re saying me and Belle should both die to get what we want?”

“Yep,” Dexter said. He got up licking his greasy fingers. “No of course not. Thanks for your time, it’s been really entertaining.”

Dexter and April both left the Diner. Aden ordered another burger. He was going to eat this one.

Belle sat at her computer. She smiled as she changed her relationship status to it’s complicated on her facebook profile. She wrote,

Meet a really cute guy last night but he slept on my floor, honestly! lol.

She sat back and sighed dreamily when a loud knocking on the front door made her jump. She rushed over to the door.

“Oh Nic you made me jump.”

Nicole pushed past her red faced. “Is it true? Was Aden with you last night? I’ve seen your updates on Facebook and Twitter.” Nicole pointed angrily at the computer. “Oh you’re updating now I see.”

Belle walked over to her best friend and gently took her by her shoulders. “Listen Nic,” she said gently. “I didn’t know the guy you were dating was Aden. I’ve been away on a photography course for a year.”

Nicole glared at her. “That doesn’t give you the right to take him off me as soon as you get back.”

Belle was about to answer but was shocked by a painful blow to her cheek as Nicole slapped her. Belle stumbled back and collapsed onto the sofa. As she sat up she heard the door slam as Nicole left.

Aden sat admiring his new burger. He opened his mouth wide. The tasty food was inches away from his mouth.

“Hey Bro.”

Aden opened his eyes and saw Justin. He dropped his burger onto his plate.

“Oh bro, you look shocked to see me. Hey can I have your burger? You look too shocked to eat,” Justin said. He reached for the burger.

“You’re a ghost right?” Aden asked shocked.

“Do I look like a ghost bro? Maybe this will prove it,” he said. He bit into the burger, ketchup ran down his chin. “Ghosts don’t eat.” Justin smiled.

“But dude, you were with that dark cloaked freak,” Aden said.

“Oh yeah, the boss,” Justin laughed. “I guess you can call me something like a guardian angel to make sure you don’t mess up Aden,” Justin said.

“But you were blown up in the war. I was shot. How can this all be real?” Aden asked. He shook his head.

Justin wiped his mouth. “Because we have re-written history. We never went to war. That never happened Aden. Everyone thinks you’ve been living here for a year now. You and Nicole have been together for a year. Why do you think Belle’s alive?” Justin took another bite.

“I can’t take this anymore. This is too hard,” Aden sobbed. “Look, the picture in this locket has faded again. Belle’s beautiful dimples are fading. I can’t watch her disappear in front of my eyes again.” Aden wiped his eyes.

“You don’t have to bro. You can be with Nicole,” Justin said.

“Nicole’s great Justin, but she’s not Belle. The feelings I have for her are always with me.” Aden got up. “That’s it, I’m going.”

“Going where?” Justin asked.

“I’m leaving,” Aden said.

“You won’t be able to Aden,” Justin said.

“Oh right, is that because fate will somehow stop me?” Aden sobbed.

“Something like that,” Justin said as Aden ran out of the diner. “Trust me bro,” Justin shouted.

Belle ran crying and wiped her tears away. She was still shaken by her encounter with Nicole.

Aden sobbed as he ran.

Belle didn’t hear the rumbling engine of a car speeding up behind her.

Aden dropped his bag off his shoulder as he stopped to catch his breath.

“Aden?” a voice asked behind him.

Aden turned around. “Belle?”

“Aden I’ve got something to say.”

“LOOK OUT BELLE!” Aden couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He watched the speeding car crash into the only girl he truly loved. Justin was right. Fate had played its hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys

Sorry it's been quite awhile since last update been busy writing it and other stuff came up too

anyway enjoy

Chapter 7

“Wakey, wakey. Don’t struggle, there’s a tube down your throat to help you breathe. Let me take it out for you.”

Aden opened his eyes slowly and was blinded as a light from a torch shone into his eyes. His body was tense from the tube blocking his airway but he began to relax as it was gently pulled out of his mouth.

“Aden you’re in hospital. I’m Sid Walker, your doctor. No don’t try and talk. Here, have a sip of water.”

Aden’s eyes darted around the room. Terror gripped him.

Flashback

Aden couldn’t believe his eyes. The girl he loved was inches away from being crushed by a car.

The driver had clearly been drinking. Tom Pope necked the bottle of booze. He put his foot down to increase the speed of his hatchback. He liked the sound of the engine; the way it roared, the sound of the tyres on the road. But he also liked to have a drink. The two seemed to somehow turn him on and make him feel alive. He quickly caught up with the good looking girl he was hoping for a quick flirt with. As he passed her, he had his hand over the horn. His blurry vision from the alcohol was getting worse. Just then he thought he saw someone dash out onto the road. He heard a terrified shout. He slammed his brakes on but was too late. A guy flung himself over to save the girl. He hit them both. In shock, Tom panicked, tried to gain control but crashed into a tree on the opposite side of the road. He died instantly.

End of flashback

“Relax Aden. We had to operate on your legs as they were broken.”

Aden looked at Sid and tried to speak.

“Get that pen and notepad will you? He’s trying to say something.”

Nurse Julie handed it over to Aden. His shaking hand took it. He was shocked to find himself sitting up. He couldn’t quite get his right hand to work. Maybe he had damaged it in the accident. He quickly wrote on the pad and turned it around. Sid bent forward to read it.

WHERE’S BELLE?

Sid gave Aden the pad and nudged his head to the side.

“She’s right there next to you,” Sid said.

Aden turned his head. Belle was smiling at him, tears in her eyes.

“I’m so happy you woke up,” she said.

Aden could feel her tender touch. He looked down. He could see she was gently holding his hand. Aden smiled back. They both heard Sid saying something but they were lost in each other’s thoughts, happy to see each other.

“I love…” Aden didn’t have a chance to finish.

“Excuse me you two,” Sid said laughing.

“Why what have you done?” Belle said dreamily, lost in Aden’s eyes.

“I was just saying you two have a lot of recovering to do, learning to walk again. There’s a lot of hard work coming up,” Sid said.

“Okay Dr Walker,” Aden said, not really listening.

“I’ll leave you two lovebirds to stare into each others eyes,” Sid laughed. He walked out.

“Sid said you saved me from that speeding car,” Belle said.

“Well I couldn’t just let you die,” Aden said sleepily.

“Thank you,” Belle said. She learned forward to kiss him. She winced in pain from the effort it took. Aden felt guilty seeing her in pain. Belle pulled away from the kiss and saw Aden smile.

“Belle, I…” Aden said. He sank into a peaceful sleep.

“Oh thank god you two are awake. This hospital food is making me retch,” Dexter said, gagging on some mashed potato. “Eew. Maybe dessert will be better. Now what the hell is this supposed to be?” He looked over to April for help.

“Its fudge cake and custard Dex,” April sighed. She shook her head.

“Well I can’t taste the fudge,” Dexter said. “Look at it, it looks like something I ate that didn’t agree with me.”

Dexter went over to April and they both started to prod the cake around its bowl like it was something alien.

“Hey, when you two have finished insulting the hospital food, we’re over here,” Aden laughed.

“Dex frightens me sometimes,” Belle whispered.

“Oh don’t worry, he’s just a harmless dork.”

Aden and Belle both laughed. “Oh hey, how are you two doing?” Dex asked. He walked over to them. April skipped after Dex.

“Hey guys,” she said cheerily.

“Maybe I should do a blog on food next,” Dex said. “What do you think Aden?”

April gently hit Dex. “Aden doesn’t care my dorky friend,” she said.

“Oh so you’re still only friends then?” Aden and Belle both said together.

April blushed bright red.

“Maybe I should have a word with my Dad about this disgusting food,” Dex said. He was lost in his own world. “Can’t have my two pals here living on this slop,” he said. He patted Aden on the shoulder.

“Well you’ll have to do that next time. Visiting hours are over,” Sid said behind them.

“See ya both. Glad you’re getting better,” April said as she left the room.

Dex turned and grinned at his dad. “Oh yeah see you later. No snogging or any sexy playtime under the sheets you two,” Dex laughed.

“Dexter, see you at home,” Sid said. “And stop being so odd.”

“Dad I’ll tell you what’s odd. This hospital food you serve to your patients. How are they going to get better if you feed them poison?” Dex asked looking serious.

“I don’t know son. I don’t work in the kitchens. Funnily enough, doctors haven’t got cooking skills,” Sid said. He pushed Dex out the door.

Six weeks later

Aden had learned to walk with a walking stick and had a bit of a limp. Belle had been told she would never walk again and would spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair. Nicole had visited them both. With each visit she saw how close Aden and Belle had become, and realised Belle was the true girl in Aden’s heart. The laughter from that room between them made Nicole happy and sad. Happy because Aden had that spark in him he seemed to have been searching for. And sadness Nicole felt that it couldn’t be her that brought him that happiness. On her final visit and while Belle was away with the doctors working on her recovery, Nicole had a heart to heart with Aden.

“Aden, I’m leaving town.”

“Why Nic? Is it because of me? I don’t want you to go,” Aden said, shocked.

“It’s for the best for us all. I’ve seen you and Belle and the happiness you bring each other. It seems like fate wants you to be together.”

Isn’t that true? Aden thought bitterly.

“But we’re good together Nic. I promise to be a better boyfriend to you from now on. Don’t just leave.”

“Aden I know you love me but we both know it’s not the same way you love Belle. You two just seem like each others missing piece. You make each other whole. I know you love me but in a brother and sister way.”

Aden looked at her and couldn’t deny it.

“Where will you go?” he asked.

“Do you remember Angelo?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“Well since he couldn’t find anyone to buy him out of his restaurant I’ll go and join him in Rome. Summer Bay will only leave heartbreak for me Aden. But don’t feel bad. Like I said, it’s like fate wants this for us all.” Nicole kissed Aden and walked over to the door.

“Nic I do love you, you know,” Aden said.

“I love you too sexy. Say goodbye to Belle for me.” Nicole smiled and walked out of Aden’s hospital room.

Talking to Belle made Aden’s time in hospital fly by. They had been talking for about four hours. Aden told Belle about Nicole leaving. Belle was upset her best friend felt like that.

“So Aden,” Belle said cheekily. “Tell me what you were like when you were a little boy. What mischief did you get up to?”

Aden thought back to the painful memories of his childhood, of his grandfather, the way he’d been abused by his so called caring and loving grandfather. The way his dad just let it happen.

“What’s wrong Aden?” Belle asked, shocked. She saw the pain in Aden’s eyes.

“I was abused as a child by my granddad. My dad didn’t do a thing to stop him. I don’t really want to talk about it.”

“Oh right, I’m sorry,” Belle said.

“I’ll tell you when I’m ready,” Aden said. All of a sudden another memory came rushing back into his mind. A memory he had never had before. It must have had something to do with the re-writing history thing Justin had told him about. Aden decided to roll with it.

“I lived next door to these two brothers, the Braxtons I think they were called. They were a bit dodgy but I remember playing with the younger one, Casey. He was cool. Heath was always causing trouble.”

Aden suddenly remembered a girl that hung around with them but he couldn’t see her face clearly in his mind. He had the strangest feeling there was a third brother, he just wasn’t sure. He pushed those last two thoughts to the back of his mind. He went on to tell Belle what fun he and Casey used to have.

Nicole took one last look at the YOU ARE NOW LEAVING SUMMER BAY. HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON sign. Not likely she thought as she stepped onto the bus.

Aden woke in the middle of the night. Belle’s perfume filled the room. He felt a hard pulling on his sheets at the bottom of the bed. He slowly rose his head. His eyes caught sight of a black hooded creature crawling up his body.

“Go away,” he shouted.

The Grim Reaper rose above him. “ADEN,” it hissed. “You do not take my warnings.”

“Stop it. Who are you?” Aden shouted.

Aden had the strangest feeling the creature was trying to kiss him.

“YOU KNOW,” it hissed.

Aden woke up. Someone was shaking him. “It’s me Aden. It’s me Belle. What’s wrong?”

Hey Guys

here is chapter 8

Thanks to Elissa for your help

Chapter 8

He stared up at her. Belle looked at him, shocked.

“Aden, what’s wrong?” she asked. She stroked his hair gently. Belle sat on the edge of Aden’s bed, having slid across from her wheelchair.

“Nothing, just a nightmare,” Aden stammered.

“God, you’re all sweaty. Let me get Sid for you.”

“NO, JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Aden shouted.

Belle looked shaken. Tears of fear fell down her face. She hadn’t seen Aden like this in the six weeks they had spent in hospital together. She reached out her hand to grab hold of her chair but only felt empty air. She screamed as she felt herself start to tumble to the floor. She braced herself for the pain she was about to feel when she felt a firm grip save her. She looked around and found Aden staring at her. He steadily guided her across to her chair. Belle smiled and expected Aden to return the smile but he only looked at her and rolled over in his bed. Belle got back into her bed next to Aden’s. Neither of them spoke for the rest of the night.

Aden felt shaken and frightened from his so-called nightmare, which he knew was some kind of message from the creature of darkness. He knew what it was, he just had no clue he knew that for sure.

As daylight started to shine through the blinds, Aden could hear Belle quietly sobbing into her pillow.

“Hey Belle, I’m sorry about last night. I just didn’t want you fussing over me. I have these dreams sometimes. But I deal better with them on my own,” Aden said. He looked over at her. He saw her tears wet her cheeks. He thought she looked beautiful and realised how much he was falling for her. He knew it was forbidden, but he just couldn’t help it.

“What dreams do you have?” she asked between her tears.

Aden sat on her bed. He wiped her tears away with his hand.

“About my granddad,” he lied. He somehow wished that was what it was instead of what fate had in store for her.

“You looked at me with so much hatred in your eyes.”

No, it’s that scary creature in black I hate he thought.

“Belle, I could never hate you.”

“Well what do you think of me then Aden?” she screamed at him.

Aden hugged her tightly. “Belle,” he said. He felt her sweet breaths on his neck and her tears as they wet his t shirt.

“I’m sorry Aden, I’m just so sad and angry.”

Aden looked at her. “Why?” he asked.

“With you. The way you blew up at me last night. You scared me.”

Aden was about to apologise.

“And this damn stupid chair,” Belle screamed. She sent her wheelchair crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the room. “I hate it. The doctors say I’ll never walk again but I’m not having that. But every time I try and get stronger I get weaker. It’s not fair.”

Aden took her head in his hands. “Hey now, you listen here. Don’t give up, you can do this. You’re so strong in lots of ways. You’re a great girl Belle.”

“Oh yeah? I don’t feel great,” she said.

“You are. You’re cheeky, fun, outspoken, supportive, caring, sexy. I can’t forget that one,” Aden said smiling. “I think I would’ve gone mad without you in here with me. I’m going to help you walk again. It’s like you never...” He was going say ‘left me’ but he remembered she wouldn’t know what he was talking about.

“Yes Aden?” Belle asked smiling.

“I think I’m in love with you,” Aden said quickly. He turned his face away to hide his blushing cheeks. God did you just say that? He thought to himself.

“I love you too.”

Oh yes, I did just say that.

Six months later

Aden kept his promise to Belle to help her walk again. It was going great for some reason. Her recovery had come in leaps and bounds since Aden had moved in with her. She wouldn’t have imagined being able to walk again, but slowly and surely she had started to master it.

“Hey at this rate you’ll be able to take part in the surf carnival,” Dex laughed.

“You think so?” Belle asked. She fell back into Aden’s arms. They both laughed.

“Oh hang on guys, I have to take this. It’s Xavier,” Dex said answering his phone. “Hey dude. Oh stop being such a girl.”

“What’s he saying?” Aden and Belle asked.

“He said he’s training too hard and he feels like he’s dying.”

“Tell him to man up,” Aden and Belle laughed.

“Did you hear that Xavier?” Dex said. “Oh he told you both to shut up.” They could hear Xavier laughing on the other end of the phone.

Later that night there was a knock at the door. Aden answered it.

“Where’s Belle?” Justin asked.

“In the bath. Why bro?”

“Have you lost any?” Justin asked. He dropped the locket into Aden’s palm.

Aden had forgotten all about the locket. He opened it and looked at the photo of Belle smiling weakly back at him. Her beautiful smile was almost gone.

Belle got out the bath and walked into the living room. She saw a note on the table.

I CAN’T STAY WITH YOU ANYMORE. YOU’RE BETTER NOW. IT NEVER WOULD’VE WORKED BETWEEN US. TO BE HONEST, I THINK YOU’RE A BIT OF A TART.

ADEN.

Belle couldn’t believe Aden could be so cruel and hurtful toward her. She sat down on the sofa and began to cry.

Aden lay in his bed at his house. Justin slept next to him. He couldn’t believe how his brother could have left that cruel and nasty letter for Belle to find. Aden would’ve never written something like that. He loved her with all his heart but Justin had said it was for the best.

The sun shone brightly as Aden walked across the sand. He had to find Belle and tell her it had been Justin who left that letter.

“HEY SOMEONE HELP HER!” Romeo shouted. He ran past Aden. He looked to the sea and saw Belle surfing on a big wave. Just behind her the Grim Reaper sat trying to claw Belle off her board. Aden thought it was strange that she hadn’t noticed. The Reaper quickly grasped Belle in his claw like grip, lifted her up and pulled her down into the murky depths of the sea below.

“NO!” Aden shouted. He woke up in a sweat.

Hey Guys here's chapter 9 for for you

Thanks to Elissa for help me out

Chapter 9

Six weeks later

“Hey Aden,” Nicole said laughing.

“Hey Nic, how’s Rome treating you?”

“Sorry, you’re breaking up. Aden, what did you say?”

“Stupid Skype,” Aden laughed. He adjusted his headset.

“I said how’s Rome?”

“Oh it’s just beautiful, Aden.”

“And how’s Angelo?”

“He’s really good. Angelo and I are a couple now. He’s so sweet to me and I’m really happy. We’re trying for a baby.”

“Oh cool, that’s really great,” Aden said cheerfully.

“How’s Belle?”

Aden lost the excitement in his voice. “She’s okay I guess. I can’t really tell you. I haven’t seen her in six weeks.”

“Oh I thought you were getting on after all the support you gave each other after the accident.”

“Nah, it just didn’t work out,” Aden said sadly. His heart ached. “Look Nic I have to go.”

Nicole was just about to say bye when Aden shut the lid of his laptop. He grabbed his coat and keys and left his house.

As he gazed into the bottom of his glass, he thought about all the pain he was in. Aden called the bartender over.

“I’II have another one please.” Aden swayed on his stool and tried to focus on the pretty girl who had been serving him drinks all night.

“Hey, you’re really pretty,” Aden said gigging. He knocked his next drink back and nearly fell off his stool.

“Hey Aden.” A hand caught him just in time. Aden turned his head, a stupid grin on his face.

“Hey do I know you?”

“Yeah man, its Casey Braxton. It’s been a long time.”

The alcohol in Aden’s system seemed to quickly lose its effect.

“Casey?”

“Yeah, we used to play together as kids. Do you remember that?”

Aden wanted to say no but his mind said something very different. The memories of living next door to the Braxtons came flooding back. The thoughts of Heath and Casey started to take shape in his mind. There was a third Braxton brother that he couldn’t place his finger on. And a young girl but he wasn’t sure about her either.

“Hey Casey how’re you doing? Yeah I remember. We used to throw rotten eggs at houses and let off fire crackers on people’s doorsteps,” Aden laughed.

“Yeah dude. We were only six,” laughed Casey. “Hey sorry to hear about your Granddad.”

Aden looked away ashamed.

“Yeah it’s sick what he used to do to me. I hate him for it. I didn’t know you moved down here,” Aden said changing the subject.

“Yeah, came down for the surf carnival tomorrow.”

“Oh cool. What, Heath too?” asked Aden.

“Yeah he gets out tomorrow. He’s been in prison for selling drugs,” laughed Casey.

“Trust Heath,” laughed Aden. “Hey listen, when we were kids do you remember a girl who used to hang out with us?”

“Yeah Brax’s girlfriend.”

“Brax?”

“Yeah Aden, my other loser brother.”

“I can’t say I remember him. Do you remember the girl’s name?”

“No sorry,” Casey said. “I can’t believe you don’t remember Brax. Do you remember what happened?”

Aden looked at Casey confused. “No.”

“His girlfriend disappeared. No one knows what happened to her.”

Aden was shocked. “And what about Brax?”

“Aden, Brax is dead.”

Aden stared at Casey in shock.

As people gathered on the beach in the dazzling sunlight, Romeo walked around partnering people for the surf carnival. Aden remembered helping Belle with her surfing. She had gotten pretty good and looked good in a bathing suit. Aden had once told her, which had ended up with them rolling around in the sand together kissing and laughing.

“The first round of the competition is stunt surfing,” Romeo shouted. “Who hasn’t got a partner?”

“Me,” a female voice shouted.

“Okay Belle,” Romeo said. He looked around. “Ah, you can go with him.”

Aden followed Romeo’s finger and sighed when he realised he was pointing at him. Belle slowly walked over to Aden.

“We just can’t seem to stay away from each other,” Belle muttered.

“I guess not,” Aden said. He knew that fate was laughing at him again.

“Look, I know you hate me or you can’t stand being with me for some reason. But I think we have to put our differences behind us for this competition,” Belle said, her head bowed.

“Well okay then. I guess we can,” Aden muttered with embarrassment.

“Hey lovebirds, will you just make up already?”

Aden and Belle both looked up and saw Dex and Xavier run past.

“Now come on Xav, put your back into it,” Dex shouted into a fog horn.

“I can’t Dex. I can’t do this any more,” Xavier said inhaling big breaths.

“You’ll never impress Miranda if you don’t.”

“I bet you feel like you’re in the army?” Aden said laughing.

“Something like that,” Xavier said.

“Just feel lucky Dex isn’t doing a blog about your fitness levels,” laughed Belle.

“Hey don’t give him that idea,” shouted Xavier. He ran off chasing after Dex who was shouting orders through his fog horn, which kept making Xavier jump.

“Hey come on, you’ve gotta make sure you don’t fall off your board.”

“Hey,” Belle said laughing. She gave Aden a playful shove.

“Just hold onto my hands,” Aden screamed over the noise of the sea. “And jump when I tell you. We’ll hopefully change places,” Aden shouted.

The stunt they were trying was to land on the opposite side facing each other, which meant swinging around while in the air.

A big wave pushed them both into the air. Aden was about to make the switch with Belle when a hand slapped Belle in the face, which made Aden lose his grip. He flung his arm and waved it about. He tried to find Belle but only felt empty air on his fingertips. Aden tried to look through the sheets of water that blinded him. He decided it would be better if he dived under the water. He thought he would see better and would drown out the panicked sounds of peoples screams for help. Aden pinched his nose and went under. He could see a lot of thrashing legs and loads of fish swimming past his face but there was no sign of Belle.

Belle was being flung around by waves that crashed into her tired body. She tried to swim but after coming off her board, and with the force of the waves, she lost all her energy battling against the water. Suddenly she was lifted high into the air by a big wave.

“Hey someone help her,” Romeo shouted.

“I see her.”

Belle felt hands grab her arms and legs and hoist her up. Then darkness came.

The group of people placed Belle on the sand. Aden was amongst them. The wall of people parted and gave Aden the space he needed. He knelt beside Belle and placed his lips over hers and breathed a gulp of air into Belle’s mouth.

“COME ON BELLE! BREATHE! PLEASE!” he shouted

Hope you enjoyed it :D .

Hey Guys

Here's chapter 10 for you

Thanks to elikell for helping me out here you go I will Dedicat this story too you for all your help

Thanks means alot

Chapter 10

People gathered around Aden and exchanged worried glances with each other.

“Breathe, please Belle. Don’t give up on me.”

Aden had been giving Belle mouth to mouth for a minute but to him it seemed like a lifetime. Aden watched Belle’s stomach rise as he gave her another gasp of life. Tears fell from his eyes and fell onto Belle’s cheeks. The swarm of people parted as Sid pushed his way through.

“Romeo called me. How’s she doing?” Sid asked.

Aden couldn’t speak, he only made gasping noises between crying.

“Okay mate,” said Sid. He pushed Aden aside.

Aden could only stand and watch as Sid went about giving Belle mouth to mouth. Aden felt his legs become wobbly. The dizziness hit him. Aden fainted and crashed onto the sand.

Aden opened his eyes and found himself in the dark, damp and rocky cave he had come to know so well. The black hooded figure glided above him. Aden sat up, wincing at the pain of the sharp rocks which poked into him. Justin walked into view from behind a rock.

“The Reaper here has been thinking Aden.”

“Oh yeah, about what exactly Justin?” asked Aden.

The Grim Reaper swooped down to Aden and ripped his locket away. Aden tried to grab for it.

“Belle’s dead Aden, but he’s willing to give you what you deserve.”

“NO WAY!” shouted Aden to the hovering creature above him.

“I would take his offer Aden,” Justin said.

“WHAT OFFER’S THAT?” Aden screamed.

“That locket is worthless now. Belle’s picture has turned to ashes.”

The Reaper opened the locket and tipped the ashes of Belle’s photo over Aden. Justin waited for Aden to finish coughing before he went on.

“Aden, we’ve seen how much you love Belle and the love she has for you. That’s why we’re giving her back to you and you’ll never have to come here again. You can live happily with Belle.”

“Why? It can’t be that simple. What’s the catch?” Aden asked.

“Well Belle had cancer...”

“Yes Justin.”

“Well we have to have a death to balance things out Aden. If Belle isn’t to die, someone has too in her place.”

“Who will it be? Someone I know?” Aden asked.

“You shouldn’t worry yourself with that Aden. Only fate knows what it has in store,” Justin said. He pointed up to the Reaper.

“If I take this offer I don’t want any tricks. Okay? You hear me?” Aden said with force.

Belle’s perfume wafted over to Aden. The Reaper hovered in front of him. Aden thought he saw Belle’s eyes for a fleeting second.

“NO TRICKS! BUT FATE HAS CHOSEN A NEW PATH TO GO DOWN. SOMEONE’S FATE HAS NOW BEEN SEALED!” the creature’s voice boomed.

Archived