Dexter/Casey

So, I dont know if this is actually just me desperately wanting H&A to cover a gay male story or it is just something about the vibe when these two are together in the same scene. I just feel like Dexter and Casey could totally work in my mind, but it would a better story if it was Casey who had the feelings for Dexter and pursued him, but that would probably not happen. To really be honest, I dont even know why I started this topic, but I just kind of wanted to see if there were any like-minded people like me.

I have to say that they have this vibe that I haven't really seen since Nick & Seb. Now that was a natural bromance with the subtext in between. Ric & Lucas was wonderful but felt forced sometimes...

Actually I would go further in my comparison and say that most of the friendships/relationships that has sparked in the last 12 months feel as natural as those back in 02-04.

Bring on the Dexey !!

Hello new favourite thread :P.

I have a mysterious and strange feeling that you will get your wish in the fanfic universe in the next few weeks, but you didn't hear it from me, right? :wink:

Hmm... I wonder what that means? *is innocent*

No, but seriously. I would adore this so much. Casey with the conflicting feelings and Dex just being oblivious to everything -- because he just likes musicals, okay? That doesn't mean he's gay -- but then he kind of notices Casey staring at him, then maybe Casey kisses him once, and Dex doesn't altogether freak out ...

I should take this to fanfic. Not that I haven't already.

Also, can we vote that the couple name (in leiu of Geoff/Aden being Gaden) is Casex, because I feel that is completely appropriate :wink:.

I have a mysterious and strange feeling that you will get your wish in the fanfic universe in the next few weeks, but you didn't hear it from me, right? :wink:

Hmm... I wonder what that means? *is innocent*

No, I've no idea what I meant when I wrote that :blink: Must have written it in my sleep.

Casex or Dexey? Hm.....

Edited by Miranda

It should go..

Dex & Casey get pretty close

Bit of teasing/ridicule goes on from others

Both struggle with their feelings

It turns out: Dex is straight and Casey is gay

Both come to terms with things & move on eventually

Actually I think someone else mentioned something along those lines in another thread so apologies to whoever that was. Would be a nice 'twist' as Dex is more of a stereotypically camp bloke and Casey the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't be opposed to this pairing, but there was a moment there when I thought they might have been going for a Casey/Romeo pairing, but as of late (since the Ruby thing) they seem not to have had many scenes together. I'm holding out for a Casey and any other guy pairing- I just get the feeling they might lead to a gay/ coming out storyline at some point. But saying that, home and away really doesn't seem all that gay friendly. When they attempted it with Charlie I remember there being a bit of an out cry at the storyline, and complaints that it was a family show (or something like that). I also couldn't help but feel they were trying to tick the box of a 'gay relationship' by using two attractive females, which would of course be popular with the male audience, but wouldn't attempt a male one because of possible backlash they might receive. I do hold some hope for a male gay relationship at some point, but can't help for now just sticking to fanfics... talking of which, this thread reminded me of Kim and Robbie (and of course Geoff and Aden, altho to a lesser extent)... good times :)

I also couldn't help but feel they were trying to tick the box of a 'gay relationship' by using two attractive females, which would of course be popular with the male audience, but wouldn't attempt a male one because of possible backlash they might receive.

God, that annoys me. Shows always think they've ticked the box of gay relationship by using two female characters. It is so rare that it is a male couple. Its just a cop out, isn't it? They just want to say: we handle all social situations, including gay relationships. But its never two guys. So predictable.

Did you watch Out of the Blue, the BBC soap? It definitely handled gay relationships and yes it was two girls, but at least it was a proper relationship, not just a quick fling like Charlie and Joey. The two girls (Poppy and Peta) lived together and got married, it was sweet.

• 1 month later...

After reading a certain fic (awesome btw) I really wish we did get Dexey for real cuz it beats Ruby/Casey & Dex pining over April. And instead of it turning into a story about Casey being abandoned by his family wouldn't it be fun if it was the other way? With Sid & Indi acting mean and Brax (& Heath) acting a little strange because of it but because Dex has a way of getting round people they kind of become okay with it?

... I think the fanfic sparks are back.

Oh no :o

I totally need to find some Casey/Dex screencaps for icons.