Guest HighwayUnicorn

Story Title: The Wedding

Type of Story: One Shot

Main Characters: Belle & Aden

BTTB Rating: T/A

Genre: Romance & Drama

Does the Story Include Spoilers: None

Any Warnings: SC, Drug References

Summary: Belle hadn't got cancer and died. Do you think she would have been so quick to marry Aden? Would she have managed to avoid a relapse?

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Annabelle Taylor and Aden Jefferies in matrimony. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”

The ceremony paused, yet, with nobody making any declarations, it continued.

“Do you, Annabelle Taylor, take Aden Jefferies to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love him, cherish him and remain faithful to him, for as long as you shall live?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Aden Jefferies, take Annabelle Taylor, to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love her, cherish her and remain faithful to her, as long as you shall live.”

“I do.”

The priest nodded at Aden who encouraged him to continue to speak.

“Belle ...”

“Aden, what” Belle began, confused as to what Aden was doing, having not prepared a speech herself. Aden pressed a finger to her lips before pulling it away and continuing.

“Belle, I love you. You are my soul mate and in a few minutes, will be my wife” he smiled happily. “I promise to encourage you, laugh with you, cry with you and in times of need, be there for you and comfort you. I give myself to you today and I love you ... always and forever.” Once Aden had completed his speech, he nodded at the priest who continued the ceremony.

“I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride.”

There were cheers, applauds and tears as Aden and Belle were announced husband and wife, pulling their bodies towards each other, kissing passionately, Belle’s arms snaking around Aden’s neck as he held her securely around the waist.

The scenery of the location allowed the wedding to be more romantic, yet nobody took notice of the birds singing, the sea lapping up against the brick wall, the hills in the background or even the pink paper love hearts that Annie had cut out and scattered on the paving, as the bride and groom were lost in each other throughout the entire service.

ONE HOUR BEFORE

ADEN

“Aden, mate, you need to chill out” Roman smiled at the young man he had taken in to be his son as he prepared for his wedding.

Aden let out a breathy sigh before speaking. “It’s alright for you. You’re not the one who’s about to get hitched.” He brushed down his suit quickly, ensuring it was perfect, the small, white flower attached to the right hand side of the jacket, Aden having agreed to wear it after Nicole requested he did so.

Roman shook his head and laughed. “No, I’m not.” He paused, unsure of how to phrase his next sentence, before asking Aden the question he needed the answer to. “Are you sure you’re ready for this?”

Aden nodded. “Yeah, of course I am. I’ve ... we’ve been over this ... me and Belle. We’re ready ... it’s what we both want.” He nervously twiddled his thumbs as he sat on the sofa in the apartment.

“That’s awesome mate. I just hope you both know what you’re letting yourself in for. Marriage means commitment, love, loyalty ... what the hell mate; you are so ready for this aren’t you?” Roman spoke cheerily, realising that there was no need to doubt his son over his marriage which was to occur in an hour.

Aden smiled and nodded, taking a sip of water from the glass that stood on the coffee table in front of him. “Yeah, I’m ready. I just ... I want to marry Belle now. We’ve waited so long for all this and we’ve worked so hard to get here. I know she said she wasn’t ready a few years back but after ... I love her Roman and I want to make her my wife.”

"I don’t blame you either mate. She’s an amazing, talented girl ...”

"Yeah, and she’s my girl Roman so I’d watch what you say otherwise I’m gonna think you’ve got a thing for her” Aden joked, a broad grin forming across his face, disappearing as Roman’s facial expression remained serious.

“Well” Roman began, “there was that one time when ...”

“What?!” Aden suddenly exclaimed standing up, his fists clenched. He relaxed when a laugh emitted from Roman’s lips.

“Mate, I was joking. Wow ... you’re ... protective ... of her, aren’t you?” Roman smiled.

Aden regained his position on the sofa, resting his hands on his knees and he sucked in a deep breath and sighed. “Just a tad” he admitted. “I just ... I don’t ever want to see her get hurt, you know? And by the way, that was so not funny!” he told his foster dad, yet laughing as he did so, unable to obtain his serious expression.

“Look, Aden, I’m so proud of you and I’m certain you’re gonna be happy with Belle. Just be prepared for the future ... do you want to start a family with her?” he asked, the conversation of children with either Belle or Aden remaining to be a taboo subject.

Aden nodded. “Yeah. Of course I want children with her. We have spoken about it and we really, really want children. I just ... I want to keep her safe and happy ... I love her, Roman.”

“I think everyone in the Bay can see that mate. Let’s just hope Nicole makes sure she gets here on time” he laughed.

“It’s a woman’s prerogative to be late. But you need to get me there on time Roman ... you’re the best man so you’re being held responsible. Have you got the rings by the way?” Aden suddenly asked, taking another sip of water.

“Rings? I ... I thought you had them!” Roman suddenly exclaimed.

“What ... you ... but ... Roman! This is really not funny. I’m a nervous wreck as it is!” he suddenly cried out, although once again, couldn’t prevent the giggle that escaped his lips as he realised that Roman was teasing him.

“I can’t help it. You’re such an easy target today.”

“Yeah, I know. Look, Roman, I ... I just wanted to say thank you ...”

“Mate, you don’t have to. I know what you’re gonna say and all I can say is that it’s been my pleasure ...” he trailed off as Aden interrupted him.

“Roman, I have to. You took me in when dad was ... well, you know. I was a horrible person back then and I’ll never forgive myself for that. But you took me in and helped me ... you believed in me. You made that clear after the court case, I’ll always be grateful. You didn’t judge me, thank you. You are like ... you are a dad to me.”

“Aden” Roman smiled, yet a few tears that had sprung in his eyes were falling down his cheeks, his hand reaching up to wipe them away, “you have been through so much and everything with your dad and granddad ... you were so brave and the fact that you have managed to love Belle and look after her after everything ... that does make me proud and for that, I love you mate. To me, you really are my son.

BELLE

“Oh my God!” Nicole screeched as she fastened the clip of Belle’s wedding dress. “You look amazing!” she announced as she led Belle from her bedroom and through to the lounge in the beach house where Irene, Annie, Geoff and Amanda were awaiting her arrival.

“Love, you look gorgeous” Irene smiled, a few tears beginning to form in her eyes as she approached her foster daughter, wrapping her arms tightly around her and hugging her. “Aden is gonna love you in this dress” she chirped.

“He’ll love it even more when it’s on the floor” Nicole smiled as Belle scolded her, yet couldn’t deny that that would be the truth. “What?! “As if they won’t be ripping each other’s clothes off as soon as there on their honeymoon!” she joked as Annie and Geoff looked disgusted.

“Nic!” Belle warned, Nicole quietening down as she took a seat on the sofa.

“Darling” Amanda spoke softly. “I can’t believe I’m standing here on your wedding day. I’m just so glad that I’m here ...” she trailed off, smiling as she placed her hand on her daughter’s arm.

“I’m glad you’re here too mum” Belle smiled. “And thank you for doing my hair. I love it.”

“It was my pleasure darling” Amanda smiled. “I mean it’s not like I’m gonna get the chance to do it again, is it?”

“Let’s have a glass of champers before the big even, hey darl” Irene suggested. “Annie love, you can have a tiny drop, okay?” she smiled, as she took the bottle of champagne and poured out a small glass for everyone.

“Careful Belle” Geoff spoke. “You know, if you have too much to drink, they can actually call off the wedding” he told her.

“Don’t worry Geoff, I won’t be drinking too much. I want to know who I’m marrying at the altar” she giggled. “Anyway, whilst everyone is here, I just wanted to say a quick thank you to you all for being my family and for always being there for me ... I love you all so much and I already miss living here Irene but once I’m married ...”

“Love, Aden is not gonna keep you away from me for as long as I shall live!” she giggled.

Belle laughed. “I know, Irene and I will be over to visit and I’ll still be working at the diner but it won’t be the same.”

“No love, you’re right. It won’t. It will be better. You mark my words darl.”

Belle nodded, a tear falling down her cheek. “Irene ... look, I ... God I’m gonna start crying in a minute.”

“Don’t you dare Belle!” Nicole scolded.

“Yeah, you’ll ruin the makeup” Annie chirped as Irene took her foster daughter’s hand before speaking.

“Love, what’s wrong?” she asked as everyone gazed intently at Belle.

“I ... I ...” Belle stuttered. “Irene, you ... you have been amazing. When I came to the Bay ... I broke into your car ... but you took me in, you fed me, clothed me, got me a job, you just looked after me and it’s almost like for that part of my life ... you were my mum ... will you give me away?” she asked.

“Oh ... wow, love ...”

“You don’t have to” Belle suddenly whispered.

“Don’t have to?” Irene spoke, her eyebrow raised. “Love, I wouldn’t miss this opportunity for the world” she giggled, a tear trickling down her cheek as she pulled Belle into a hug.

“Thank you, Irene” Belle murmured.

“Well, I think this calls for a celebration ... more champagne anyone?” Amanda smiled at her daughter’s happiness as she smiled at Irene, before mouthing a quick ‘thank you’ to her for looking after her daughter.

“Belle Taylor, will you marry me?” Aden whispered, the smile on his face disappearing as Belle’s reaction was not the one he wanted or expected.

Belle stood in front of her boyfriend, Aden down on one knee and holding her hands in his own. His cuts and bruises had been tended to by Rachel at the hospital, yet Belle hadn’t expected him to ask her outright, especially tonight after revealing the reason as to why he had been put in hospital.

“Belle? Please, say something?” Aden suddenly spoke.

Belle shook her head and shrugged her shoulders, before pulling out her hands which were sandwiched between Aden’s. “I can’t” she muttered. “I’m sorry” she spoke again. She headed towards the front door of the apartment they shared and grabbed her coat which hung on the stand in the corner of the hallway.

“Belle!” Aden spoke loudly, taking her wrist as she attempted to pull on her coat.

“Aden, get off me!” Belle growled as Aden refused to drop his hold on her. Either way, she was still his girlfriend and he wasn’t going to allow her to walk away from him again, demanding an explanation.

“No, Belle” he attempted to keep hold of her as she struggled against him, breaking free from him as she exited the apartment and pulled on her coat, heading down the street. He swore underneath his breath, grabbing his own jacket and leaving to find Belle.

He searched the surf club and diner, yet there was no sign of her and as it grew dark, Aden became increasingly worried. He had spoken to Rachel, Irene, Annie, Geoff and Roman yet nobody had seen her. “Belle, where are you” he muttered under his breath, before pulling out his mobile phone and calling her. He swore when it went to voicemail.

Heading towards the beach, he began to jog by the sea front, hoping to find Belle somewhere in the Bay, not going home until he had found her safe and sound. As he headed further up the beach, he saw two figures, and jogged towards them, recognising them as he approached them.

“No, Russell! I said no! I don’t want ... get off of me!” Belle screamed as Russell grabbed her by the wrist, his hand clasping it tightly to ensure she couldn’t run away from him.

“Shut up! You ... I need money and you are going to give it me! You were a client and you don’t walk away from me that easily.”

“Get off” Belle cried, whimpering in pain as Russell dug his nails into her wrist and yanked her towards him.

“Oi!” Aden yelled as he approached them. “Get your hands off of her!” he growled as Russell began to laugh.

“Look mate, this is between me and her so stay out it!” he told him firmly, keeping a tight hold on Belle’s wrist.

“Let her go now!” Aden growled. With Russell not following Aden’s command, Aden lashed out, clenching his fist and punching the man in front of him, knocking him to the ground. “Stay the hell away from her. You got that?” he growled as he looked down at Russell, who had his hand over his nose.

Turning round, Aden took in his girlfriend’s dishevelled state and took her hand. “Come on, let’s get you home” he murmured, leading her away from her ex drug dealer.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

A gasp emitted from Belle as Aden pressed the cold flannel to her wrist, tending to her injuries.

“Okay babe” he murmured gently. “It will sting a bit” he referred to the small gash Russell had caused after pressing his nails deeply into Belle’s soft and tender skin. As he looked up, he noticed a few unshed tears and on making eye contact, they fell down her cheeks. “Oh babe” he murmured, placing the flannel into the small bowl on the bathroom floor and reaching up to her to wipe away the tears.

“Don’t” she murmured, pushing away his hand. “I was so horrible to you earlier and you didn’t have to help me” she told him truthfully.

“Belle, your still my girlfriend. Just because you said no, it doesn’t mean I don’t love you anymore. It would take a lot more than that to keep me away from you. What did Russell want anyway?” he asked, taking the flannel once again and pressing it gently against her wrist.

Belle sniffled. “He’s lost me as a client ... he’s losing money and he ... he wants me to buy more drugs from him” she choked out. “But I swear Aden, I didn’t. I ...”

“Hey, hey” Aden murmured. “I believe you” he told her with a smile, placing his hand on her knee, gently rubbing it to offer her his support.

Belle lowered her head. “I’m sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Belle” Aden told her confidently. “Cone on” he murmured. “It’s late. Bed” he decided, the bleeding on the wrist having stopped. He stood up and gently lifted Belle off the seat of the toilet, having needed to sit there to ensure Aden could tend to her injuries.

He carried her through to their bedroom and lowered her onto the bed, gently pulling off her shoes and placing them on the floor beside the bed.

“Thank you” she murmured as Aden perched himself on the edge of the bed, stroking Belle’s hand as he held it tightly between his own. “And I am sorry” she told him as they made eye contact. “I want to marry you ...”

“Belle, you don’t have to ...”

“No, I do. Aden ... I’m not ready for marriage yet. You saw what happened on the beach” she told him, caressing his hand softly. “If I relapse, I don’t know what I’d do ... and that’s not fair on you. If I’m not ready then it’s not fair if I go ahead with this and marry you. I love you, Aden but I’m not ready for this.”

Aden sat on the chair in the corridor of the hospital awaiting the arrival of any doctors or other professionals that could deliver him the news, whether it was good or bad. But he needed to know what had happened, what was happening.

The disinfectant smell circulated in the corridor, the grey plastic chairs and the white clinical walls reminding Aden of the place he was in.

Irene was sat next to him, as was Roman on the other side of him whilst Annie, Geoff and Nicole were sat opposite them, Nicole and Annie both having tears running down their cheeks until they received confirmation that Belle was okay.

Within moments, Rachel made an appearance, exiting Belle’s hospital room.

“Rach?” Aden questioned, standing up from his position and heading towards the doctor. “How is she?” he asked, as everyone else sat in the corridor sat up to attention.

Rachel averted her eyes to the floor as she spoke. “She’ll be okay. She’s awake” she told him, looking up at him once again and making eye contact with him.

“She lost the baby, didn’t she?” he asked as Rachel nodded and apologised for his loss. “Thank you, Rach. Can ... can I see her?” he asked as Rachel opened the door and allowed him to enter.

“Hey” he breathed as he entered the room and took in his girlfriend’s dishevelled figure.

“Aden” she choked out. “I’m so sorry” she cried.

“Hey” he murmured, approaching her softly, perching on the edge of the bed and pulling her into his arms. He held her tightly around the waist, hushing her every now and again and pressing kisses into her hair. “None of this is your fault. You don’t need to be sorry” he told her gently.

“But I lost our baby” she cried into his chest.

“No, you didn’t. Your pregnancy was ectopic and there was nothing anyone could have done to stop this from happening. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

Belle sniffled. “You’re not just saying that?” she sighed as Aden shook his head and pressed a kiss into her hair before speaking.

A couple of hours passed and Rachel had since been in to check up on Belle and she had had various visitors offer their apologies to her and Aden, providing their support for the couple.

“Belle ... look, I know this probably isn’t the best place right now but ... God sweetheart, I nearly lost you” Aden murmured once they were alone. He rose from his chair and perched himself on the edge of the bed taking Belle’s hand within his own, caressing it gently to ensure he didn’t make contact with the drips that were pumping substances into her body. “I love you, so, so much Belle and I can’t live without you. I know this now, more than ever. And I know now really isn’t the right time considering the circumstances but it’s made me realise just how beautiful, strong and amazing you are.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. “I was going to do this tonight” he told her, referring to the romantic meal he had prepared. “Belle Taylor, will you do me the extraordinary honour of marrying me and becoming my wife?”

“Oh my gosh!” Belle exclaimed as Aden entered the room, the honeymoon suite at the hotel, Aden carrying Belle bridal style as they entered.

“Do you like it?” he asked as he gently put her to the floor, allowing her to stand comfortably.

“Like it? Aden, I love it. It’s beautiful. Did you ...” she asked, gesturing to the red and pink confetti scattered around the room, as well as the bottle of champagne on the table along with two glasses.

Aden nodded. “Yeah ... all for you ... Mrs Jefferies” he smiled as Belle giggled. “What?” he asked with a small smile.

“I love being Mrs Jefferies. You know, there are a million girls out there that would wish they were Mrs Jefferies right now and I’m the luckiest one out of them all” she told him.

“Is that so?” Aden asked as he leant towards Belle and pressed a kiss to her lips.

“Mmmm” Belle smiled as she passionately reciprocated the kiss. “That is so. I am very, very lucky Mr Jefferies. I love you ... so much” she whispered as she leant back and made eye contact with her husband, who placed his finger underneath her chin and smiled at her.

“You love me? Prove it” he murmured as he pulled his wife’s body towards him, wrapping his arms around her, snaking them towards the clip on the side of her dress. In one swift movement, he unclipped it, gently pushing against Belle who gratefully succumbed to his technique, pulling him closer towards her as they fell onto the bed, Aden holding his body above Belle’s.

He caressed her thigh as Belle removed Aden’s wedding jacket before moving her hands onto his chest, which was covered by his shirt. She unfastened the buttons, removing the shirt from his muscular body to reveal his toned abdomen as her hands wandered down towards the belt on his trousers, unclipping it and pulling it through the loop holes and throwing it to the floor.

Within the moments, the couple had removed their clothes down to their underwear, as Aden hungrily trailed kisses down Belle’s neck and on her jaw line, before pressing kisses to her navel.

“You are so beautiful, Belle. I love you ... so much” he told her as he cupped her face, before the newly wedded couple made love, climaxing as they pleasured each other, their bodies merging into one.

“That was ...” Belle began.

"Amazing!” Aden finished the sentence for her as Belle placed her head on Aden’s chest, her husband resting his arm over her back and gently running his fingertips up and down her bare back.

“Yeah” Belle giggled. “Definitely amazing. Nicole said you would prefer me out of the dress rather than in it.”

“Prefer, yes. But I do love the dress.”

“Admit it though” Belle smiled. “You had a lot more fun taking it ... ripping it off.” She paused for a moment before speaking again. “Do you ever think about ...”

Aden nodded, knowing what she was going to say. “Of course I do babe. I can’t forget, you can’t forget. I don’t think it works like that.”

“But we can try again, can’t we?” she asked him, looking up to him.

“What did we just do?” Aden laughed, raising an eyebrow. “If I was any good, then I’m pretty sure I’ve done the job.”

“You sure? I mean, practice makes perfect ... we could always try again just to make sure.”

“Yeah?” Aden asked with a smile. “Okay then” he murmured, before rolling over as once again, their bodies merged as one as they made love to each other.

COMMENTS

Archived