Bianca/April

jldraw

Hey Charlie & Ruby have a sisters thread so April & Bianca should have one too. I really love their dynamic together and how well they compliment each other. They almost have a "Gilmore Girls" thing going with April being the level headed sister and Bianca being the free spirit. I'm actually starting to like them more than I ever liked Charlie & Ruby especially given how burden-laden the writers have made Ruby and Charlie over the last year or so.

In closing anyone want to do an over/under? I'm saying 56 weeks, 2 days and 5 hours until Bianca somehow becomes April's mother. Anyone else want in on this? :wink:

I dunno.....to me it just seems like the writers brought them in to fill in the void left behind by Charlie and Ruby since they moved on from being sisters to mother and daughter. They've played the Scott sisters too close to the old Bucktons. Again you have the older more highly strung sister and the younger more free spirited sister who bounce off one another.

The only difference is, while Charlie was always maternal towards Ruby and Ruby always acted like the way younger "child" of the family, so to speak, the Scotts have a more balanced sibling relationship. Although there appears to be an age gap of about roughly 8 years, Biance plays the role of the older protective sister without mothering April. Which makes their sibling relationship work so well.

I think the way Charlie parented Ruby so much, it was kind of obvious that she had a deeper affection for her than that of just a sisterly love. I hope Charlie and Bianca can form a tight friendship because they have similar fiery personalities. I also think their shared commitment to raising two teenage girls will probably give them a lot to talk about on the odd occassion of rebellion.

I wasn't a fan of the Scott Sisters when they first arrived. I felt that they were just there to replace a gap left behind by Charlie and Ruby or "The Banger Sisters" as I now refer to them due to their inability to stop jumping in and out of bed with men, or in Charlie's case Angelo all the time.

But towards the end of last year I began to warm to them and I'm slowly coming around. More so towards Bianca than April but I'm slowly warming to her as well.

I like the Scott sisters. I loved Bianca from the get go but I'm slowly starting to warm towards April. Your right in saying it almost is like Gilmore Girls. Bianca having a similiar free spirit that Lorelai had and April having a more serious type personality like Rory. They both are protective of each other. April always was concerned about Bianca's love life, who she was really wanting to be with. She wanted her to be happy with Liam not with Vittorio. And Bianca was always concerned about April's well being. I like the dynamic between the two.

I think they are different to Charlie & Ruby. We always saw Charlie being motherly to Ruby whereas Bianca almost just lets April do whatever she wants. I hope we see them onscreen alot more. I do think that Bianca & Charlie will have a better friendship this year, they got close last year but I hope it gets closer then that.

I really like their dynamic now. At the beginning, it felt a bit forced from the writers' side, trying to portray them as so incredibly wordly etc. with the language and all. And April's extreme occupation with Bianca/Vittorio didn't sit well with me. The scenes from 5220 were absolutely lovely, and reflected new character development. Th warmer Bianca who has been brought out of her closed, cold-hearted self and April, who's cynical and quik-witted approach mirror some over-seas events.

Still undecided about them.I liked their relationship at first even though I didn't really like Bianca.I agree they did seem to be a carbon copy of Charlie and Ruby when they first came in:the sparky and lively but more level-headed younger sister and the cold, aloof and professional but occasionally neurotic older sister with the messed up love life.And frankly I think they'd be much more realistic as mother and daughter since there already seems to be about 15 years between them(Bianca seems about 30 to me)but I doubt they'd go there so soon after Charlie and Ruby.

Still working through the last couple of weeks of 2010 here in the UK, in which I'm finding Bianca intensely irritating and wondering why April doesn't just wash her hands of the situation and let her marry a dork if she wants to.I think the character of Bianca and the relationship between the two sisters has taken a real knocking throughout this Vittorio storyline.When they first came in, there did seem to be a genuine warmth between them, certainly more so than there was between Bianca and anyone else.Going from the comments on here we'll hopefully be seeing more of that side this year. She certainly needs it.

Cute scenes in today's aus episode :) Don't like that they're not living together, though.

Yeah for some reason H&A is real good about breaking apart families. I don't understand it. The show used to be about groupings and now are more about individuals. Everyone seems to basically paddle their own canoe for better or worse. Don't get me started on April moving in with Irene either. Didn't we go through all that last year with Ruby? :rolleyes:

Edited by jldraw

I have to say, when April first came in I really wanted her to move in with Irene(mainly because of the dynamic of her and Ruby living there, which they promptly threw away)and was annoyed that they moved Bianca in as well because I thought she was getting in the way...Just because they're sisters doesn't mean they need to live in each other's pockets.Most 20/30-something-year-olds don't live with their teenage sisters.I certainly stopped living with my younger brother by the time I was Bianca's age.