Guest KatieroxNZ

Story Title: Temporary home

Type of story: One shot

Main Characters: Martha

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Drama, Angst

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: Abuse

Summary: Martha lives in abusive home, she needs to escape.

Temporary home

She acted like the perfect person. She fooled everyone, with her fake smile and laugh, acting like nothing in the world could break her. But she had a secret, a deep, dark secret that no one knew, absolutely no one. She walked around everyday with her head held high, looking so proud. But inside it told a different story, inside was a scared young girl trying to get out of the terrible situation she was in. Trying to free herself from the pain she was experiencing, but that seemed so far from doable at the moment it was scary.

Little boy, 6 years old

A little too used to bein' alone

Another new mom and dad,another school

Another house that'll never be home

When people ask him how he likes this place

He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

Her whole body trembling with fear wondering what he was going to do. He was drunk as usual but something was different about him this time, he looked more determined. Looking over at her with a look of fire in his eyes, she looked away quickly worried that if she kept staring at him he might do something.

This is my temporary home

It's not where I belong

Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through

This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going

I'm not afraid because I know this is my

Temporary Home.

Stumbling over to where she was on the floor, he stood over her.

“Nobody wants you! No body ever will” he said standing over her with anger clear on his face.

“Please, leave me alone” she begged him quietly.

Stumbling a few steps forward, he grabbed her, lifted his hand and in one sharp movement his hand collided with her face, she fell backwards from the force and he stumbled backwards looking down on her like he owned her.

“Nobody will ever want you, you hear me, nobody” he said walking out of the room.

Young mom on her own

She needs a little help got nowhere to go

She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out

Because a half-way house will never be a home

At night she whispers to her baby girl

Someday we'll find a place here in this world

Leaving her to alone she crawled from the floor to her bed, she couldn't handle this any more. She had to escape. She made a decision she was going to leave the next morning before dawn, she didn't know where she was going to go but she kind of liked it like that. The fact that she could go anywhere she wanted was somewhat of a comfort to her.

This is our temporary home

It's not where we belong

Windows and rooms that we're passin' through

This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going

I'm not afraid because I know this is our

Temporary Home.

The time had come for her to leave her life behind, although she left a lot later than she expected, as she raced past the kitchen with her one bag full of clothes, she didn't realise he would be standing there. But he was, he soon realised what she was doing and followed after her swiftly, but he was too late she was already gone. As he stood out on the front deck he yelled after her.

“Martha you get back here now, you will regret this, I can promise you!” he yelled at the top of his lungs.

“Yeah, well I don't care, anywhere is better than here with you!” she yelled back as she kept running down the road.

Old man, hospital bed

The room is filled with people he loves

And he whispers don't cry for me

I'll see you all someday

He looks up and says "I can see God's face”

This is my temporary Home.

She was free, truly free, for the first time in her life. Even though she didn't know where she was going to go, she hadn't felt better.

Comments

Archived