When She Is

Guest brady!

This is a little one shot with ruby and Charlie. This is when ruby found out charlie had a baby but it died, it's before she found out the truth about being charlies daughter. A few things will be different. Please comment and tell me what ye thought. Thanks and enjoy!!

Story Title: When she is

Type of story: One shot

Main Characters: Charlie and Ruby

BTTB rating: G

Genre: drama

Does story include spoilers: None

Any warnings: none

Summary: Ruby is just after finding out that Charlie had a baby but it died. She talks to Charlie.

Ruby lay on the sofa, staring up at the ceiling. It was just a few hours ago she found out Charlie had a baby, but it died. She couldn't believe it. Her sister Charlie had a baby. Ruby thought she knew everything about her sister. They shared everything between each other. 

Ruby decided to go to the toilet, she hoped after going to the toilet she would he able to sleep. As she tip toed down the hallway hoping not to wake anyone, she passed her bedroom door. She left Charlie have the room to herself because of 

what happened that evening. When she passed her bedroom door she could hear muffled cries. Rubys heart instantly broke, Charlie was always the strong one in the family, she was Rubys rock through every tough time and Rubys hero through every battle. It hurt Ruby to know that her sister, her Charlie, her hero was struggling. Ruby gently knocked on the door and them entered.

She walked over to the bed and got in beside Charlie. She wrapped her arms around Charlie and put her head on Charlies shoulder. Charlie took Rubys hand and traced her finger up and down it. Charlies sobs slowed down gradually and then stopped. 

"Charlie?" asked Ruby tentatively.

"Hmm?" replied Charlie.

"I know you won't want to talk about this but I think you should. It will help." said Ruby tightening her grip on Charlie. Charlie lay on the bed silently for awhile before speaking.

"It was a girl. A beautiful baby girl." She stopped and took a deep breath, Ruby squeezed her hand encouragingly. "She had sparkling green eyes, and red rosey lips. On the top of her head she had a few little curls. When I held her in my arms she would smile up at me and latch her little hand on to my finger. She was perfect. Me and her, mother and daughter, ready to do anything we dreamed of.." Charlie hesitated before she continued "But ..... She..... Died."

Ruby instantly squeezed Charlie and whispered "I'm so sorry Charlie."

"I just wish I could have been a mother to her. When she was one I could have picked out cute little baby outfits for her. When she was two I could have walked around town with her in her buggy. When she was three I could have helped her to say mama. When she was four I could have put a bandage on her leg when she fell and told her she would be ok when she gets married. When she was five I could have cried when she walked inside school. When she was six I could have saved her from the monsters in her bedroom. When she was seven I could have helped her with her homework. When she was eight I could have helped her draw hopscotch. When she was nine I could have helped her make a Halloween costume. When she was ten I could have let her go on her first sleepover. When she was eleven I could have went to the beach with her. When she was twelve I could have parked a block away from her new secondary school. When she was thirteen I could have listened to her talk about her first crush. When she was fourteen I could have held her when she cried over her and her boyfriend breaking up. When she was fifteen I could have helped her pick out a dress for a party. When she was sixteen I could ......." Charlie stared to cry. Ruby was just about to say something but Charlie started to speak again. "All I ever wanted was to be a mother to my little girl. I might have been very young but I would have cared for her and loved her like any mother would for their child. Our bond would have been unbreakable." 

Charlie and Ruby lay in silence for hours. When Charlie saw that Ruby was asleep she whispered "When she is sixteen I will tell her how much I love her and the truth."

~FIN~

Comments

Archived