Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

I haven't seen a thread for Marilyn so I said I'd start one.

She is definitely one of the funniest and most colourful character the bay has ever seen, and her lack of brain cells has always been hilarious to watch!

I loved her return to the bay so much. She has definitely still got that simple streak in her, although I wouldn't even call it a streak because its such a huge part of her :P Emily has definitely slipped straight back into Marilyn's shoes and well done to her after so many years away from the character she can still pull her off perfectly! I can't wait to see what they've got in store for her :D

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

It will be nice to see her back. But I always think its suspicious when an actor returns to a soap, something screams: No Career! to me. Although in this case she has been in English soaps, so I'll be more forgiving of her :lol:

Yeah Emily left Emmerdale to come to Australia to help look after her sick mother, other than that I don't think we would be seeing Marilyn back in H&A!

I love her - she is the best thing about the show at the moment, she is such a breath of fresh air!!

I am a bit confused as to her name tho - on the credits it's Fisher but she introduced herself at the hospital as Chambers.

But a lot of actors leave a soap, then are never seen again until one day- surprise surprise- they turn up back in the same soap as they were in before. Hm... could they not find another job then? :huh: I think moving on to different jobs, with different characters to play, going from comedy to drama or other types- and not returning to the same show and character as before- shows more talent and ability. Perhaps I should start another thread so it doesn't look like I'm picking on poor old 'Marilyn'... :wink:

It will be nice to see her back. But I always think its suspicious when an actor returns to a soap, something screams: No Career! to me. Although in this case she has been in English soaps, so I'll be more forgiving of her :lol:

I dont get that at all - she is an actor, that is her career. She has had continued acting work since she was 18 in two different countries and has now been asked to work on a prime time drama again, H&A is a job for actors, therefore she is a successful working actor...

Edited by alexx