Change

Guest brady!

Story Title: Change.

Type of story: Short/medium fic.

Main Characters: Charlie, Ruby.

Minor Characters/Character Mentions: Doctors, Xavier, Angelo, Nicole, Annie.

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Family, Hurt/comfort.

Spoilers: No.

Is this story being proof read: No.

Warnings: No.

Summary: When Ruby is diagnosed with cancer, both her and charlies lives are changed.

Hey guys this mightn't be good but i'll give it a go. the first chapter isnt long but the next few will be longer.

Rubys p.o.v

"You have cancer.”

Three words that changed my life. I have heard a lot of three words during my life, “I love you” “I hate you” “You are grounded” “Go to hell” but when I think back at it now, they really don't matter.

“Ms. Buckton do you want me to call a family member?” asked the doctor. I heard what he said but I don't think my brain, my tumor filled brain wanted to accept it. Then it went black.

Charlie's p.o.v

"I love you."

Three words that changed my life. I've heard those three words a thousand times but when my daughter said them, my world changed. I never thought she would forgive me, miss me, need me and love me again after I lied to her but things change I guess. I like change.

"Ms. Buckton this is Abbey creek hospital, we have your daughter, she fainted.”

"Why? How?”

"As you know, Ruby's results were back today about the tumor...”

My world changed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three words that changed my life. I have heard a lot of three words during my life, “I love you” “I hate you” “You are grounded” “Go to hell” but when I think back at it now, they really don't matter.

I really liked that part. I really like the idea of this. I cant wait to see where you go with it.

Here's the next update

Rubys p.o.v

My world changed in 6.6 seconds. One second I was Ruby, next I was tumor Ruby, then I was unconscious Ruby. When your unconscious it feels like you are drowning in the darkness. I could hear the doctor and nurses voices but I couldn't see them. In a few weeks maybe months I won't be able to hear and see. I won't be able to do anything.

"Ruby, Ruby if you can hear me open your eyes." Said a doctor in a monotone voice.

Charlies p.o.v

Ruby has a tumor. I never thought I would have to say that. I expected to cry instantly when I heard but I didn't physically. When people think of tears they think of someone having tiny droplets streaking down a face but my tears are different. My tears stream down the inside of my body until they reach my heart. My heart begins to drown tear by tear.

"Hi Ms.Buckton. Ruby's right this way." I followed not really knowing what to expect from now on.

Archived