Love Actually

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Story Title: Love Actually

Type of story: One-shot.

Main characters: Jack & Martha, Ric & Mattie, Aden & Belle, Robbie, Tasha & Ella, Charlie and Tony .

BTTB Rating: G/T.

Genre: General.

Does this story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: No, not really.

Summary: It's the day of Jack and Martha's wedding. Love and passion is the theme and it is spreading everywhere. The entire town has gathered. Each family, each couple comes with it's problems, but the beauty of the ceremony wipes everyone's worries away.

Love Actually

"Whenever I get gloomy over the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate in Heathrow Airport.

General opinion started to make out that we live in a world full of hatred and greed,

But I don't see that.

Seems to me that love is everywhere.

Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there.

Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends.

When the planes hit the twin towers, as far as I know, none of the phonecalls from the people onboard were messages of hate or avenge....they were all messages of love.

If you look, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

- Hugh Grant, Love Actually.

"So, is the groom ready?"

Jack looked at his Dad, who had a sneaky grin on his face.

"D'you mean am I ready to marry the woman I love, and stay with her for the rest of my life?"

Tony chuckled.

"Yes, I do mean that."

Jack smiled, and patted the pocket which held the ring.

"As ready as I'll ever be!"

Tony chuckled, patted his son on the back, and the walked out the door towards the car.

"Robbie, where's Ella?"

Robbie craned his neck down the hotel corridor to see a little blonde girl pouring the contents out of her pink handbag.

"Ella, sweety, what are you doing?" asked Robbie, walking over and picking her up.

"Daddy, I can't find Ken!" wailed Ella. "Barbie can't go anywhere without Ken!"

"Ken is already in the car, baby," said Robbie, walking in the reception where Tasha was thanking the hotel manager. "He's just waiting for you and Barbie to be ready!"

"Has he got his seatbelt on?" asked Ella anxiously.

"Yes, of course he does," said Robbie, smiling to himself, as they followed Tasha out to the car. "We want him to be safe don't we."

"Yeah, yeah!" said Ella, as Tasha lifted her from Robbie's arm to buckle her into her seat.

Robbie jumped into the front seat, as Tasha sat in beside him.

"We better hurry Robbie," she said, checking her watch. "Martha's going to be going frantic, and I'm the Maid of Honour! I should have been there hours ago!"

"Tash, Martha knows we've got Ella! She can't expect us to drop everythiong suddenly," said Robbie, as they pulled out of the carpark. "Seriously, if you don't have children, it's difficult to understand what they're like."

They pulled out onto the main road but were immediatly stopped by the traffic lights.

Tasha groaned and began drumming her fingers on the window impatiently.

"Tash, relax!" said Robbie.

"Mummy, Mummy!" cried Ella, from the back seat.

"Yeah sweety," siad Tasha, running her fingers through her hair stressfully.

"Is today the day I get to wear my pretty dress?" she asked.

"Yes, it is sweety," said Tasha, taking in a deep breath to calm herself. "You ge to wear your lovely flowergirl dress!"

"Yay, yay!" squealed Ella, jumping around in her car seat.

"We should really get out of bed you know?"

Aden groaned through closed eyes.

"Aden, the wedding is in two hours!" said Belle, leaning onto his chest. "It takes a half hour to get there, and I still haven't had a shower or anything! We really have to get up!"

But as she made to get out of the bed, Aden's arm was suddenly tight around her waist, preventing her from even moving a budge.

"Aden!" squealed Belle, as he pulled her under the sheets. "We haven't got time for this!"

"Technically we do," said Aden, finally opening his eyes. "Our record time is fifteen minutes you know, and like you said, we have two whole hours...?"

"Well, if it only takes ten minutes!" said Belle, grinning, she dived under the duvet, pulling him down with her.

"Ric, where's my ghd?"

Ric raised an eyebrow.

"Your what?"

Mattie sighed and rolled her eyes.

"My hair straightner?"

"Oh, um.....I think it's over there?" he said, pointing to a pile of his clothes.

Mattie went over and began sorting through them.

"Ewww," she cried, picking up a pair of his dirty boxers to reveal her ghd. "I can't use this now! It's contaminated!"

"Babe, I'm not that dirty," said Ric, chuckling, as he stood in front of the mirror, tying his tie.

"I know but still.....ewww," said Mattie, picking the hair straightner up, nonethless, and plugging it into the wall.

"What time are Aden and Belle meant to be picking us up?"

Mattie sighed.

"Well, they said around twelve, but they're never on time," she said. "They always seem to find much more important stuff to be doing!"

Ric sighed.

"Why can't we be like that anymore?"

"Because we are more dignified," said Mattie, firmly, but still planting a soft kiss on his lips.

Ric grinned.

"Anyway," she said, nonchalantly. "Dignified people always do it way better!"

Martha looked up as she heard knocking on the door.

"Come in," she said, as Charlie helped her take the rollers out of her hair.

"Only us," said Tasha, walking in, Ella holding tightly onto her hand.

"Hello sweety," said Martha, bending down, and holding her hands out wide.

Ella giggled, let go of Tasha's hand and ran into Martha's arms.

Martha lifted her into the air and hugged her tightly.

"Excited," she asked the little girl as she let her go.

Ella nodded enthusiasticly.

"She can't wait to wear her dress, can you baby?" said Tasha, beaming down at her daughter.

Ella nodded, grinning.

Martha, Charlie and Tasha all laughed.

"Oh Mat, you looked so beautiful," said Tasha, admiring her friend.

"Tash, I'm not even in my dress yet," said Martha, surprised.

"You're beautiful anyway," said Tasha, kindly.

Martha beamed at her, and was suddenly hugging her tightly.

"I'm so glad you, Robbie and Ella were able to come today," she said. "The day wouldn't have been the same without you!"

"I wouldn't have missed this for the world," said Tasha, squeezing her hand.

"Ladies, less talking," said Charlie. "We've got just over and hour to make you a beautiful bride!"

Martha grinned, and walked over to her wardobe and pulled out her dress.

Tasha gasped.

"Oh Martha, it's so beautiful!"

Martha beamed at them.

"Me too!" she cried.

They all giggled.

"C'mon," said Tasha, taking it off the hanger. "Let's get this on so we can admire you both!"

The radio played quietly in the background.

Birds sang songs out in the garden.

And Mattie drummed her fingers on the armrest impatiently.

"Do they realise they are over an hour late?" she said to Ric, who was sitting beside her.

Ric shrugged.

"It's Aden and Belle, babe," he said. "I've learnt not to be surprised by them anymore!"

Mattie laughed.

Silence prevailed again, and still no noise of a car outside.

Mattie was about to jump up when suddenly a searing pain erupted in her stomach, causing her to clap her hand to her mouth and run to the sink, where she vomited noisily.

"Mattie," said Ric, startled, rushing over and holding her hair up as she threw up all her breakfast.

"Yeah, I'm fine now," said Mattie, wiping her mouth.

"What was that?"

Mattie gulped, and suddenly looked very guilty.

"There's been something I've been hiding from you Ric."

Ric froze, fearing the worst.

"I'm pregnant."

"Mattie and Ric are going to kill us," said Belle, as they finally sat into the car.

"Nah, Ric won't," said Aden, as he started the engine. "But Mattie will do enough yelling for him too!"

Belle laughed.

"How is it that you always do that?" she asked.

Aden frowned.

"Do what?"

"Make people laugh so easily."

He grinned his cheeky grin.

"It's a talent babe," he said.

Belle rolled her eyes, but sighed as she sat back in the seat.

"I wish I had a talent," she said. "I'm pretty much a novice at everything physical!"

"I will have to disagree with you strongly there," said Aden. "Not everything physical! You are certainly talented in certain physical activities, if you get my" - Belle smacked his arm - "Ow!!"

"That's not funny," said Belle, even though she was laughing. "Now shut up and drive or we'll be really late!"

Smoothing out her dress, Martha looked up to admire herself in the mirror.

"Are you sure I look ok?" she asked, for the hundreth time.

"Yes Mat," said Tasha as she buttoned up Ella's dress. "You look stunning!"

"Jack will have a hard time staying standing after he sees you," said Charlie, grinning at her.

Martha's face was suddenly a mask of horror.

"Guys, what if he doesn't show up?" she asked. "What if he leaves me at the alter?!"

"That will never happen, Mat," said Tasha, taking her hands. "Jack loves you, anyone could tell you that."

"Now," said Charlie, picking up their flowers. "Let's go get you married!"

"I'm sorry, what?"

Mattie gulped.

"I'm pregnant," she said, again.

"And how long have you known this for?"

"Three days," she said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Ric, quietly.

Mattie shrugged. "I was scared! I didn't know what to do, what to think!

"Ok, ok, here's what we're going to do ok," said Ric. "We're not going to think about this now, ok? We're going to go to Martha and Jack's wedding, and enjoy the day, ok. We can think about this tomorrow!"

Mattie nodded and followed him out the door, to the car, where Belle and Aden were waiting.

"Sorry for being late," said Belle, as they got into the car. Slept in too late!"

Aden chuckled.

"It's ok Belle," said Ric, wrapping his arm around Mattie's shoulders. "Let's just get going!"

As Aden started the car, Ric lifted up Mattie's hand and kissed it.

"I love you," he said, quietly.

Mattie smiled. "I love you too!"

"You got the rings Dad?"

Tony smiled and took the little black box out of his pocket.

"It's safe with me, son!"

Jack smiled and took in a deep breath.

"Nervous?" asked Tony.

"Nah, not really." he said. "I just hope things go smoothly for Martha's case. She hates it when things go wrong!"

"Good luck mate," said Robbie, clapping him on the shoulder, and going to stand behind Tony.

Then the wedding procession began; first Ella walking up the aisle sprinkling flowers, followed by Tasha and Charlie, and then finally Martha came walking up the aisle, her eyes fixated on Jack's face as his were on her's.

As she finally came to stand beside him, Jack took her hand and squeezed it confidently.

"You look so beautiful," he whispered to her.

She smiled quickly then turned to look at the priest.

The happiest day of their lives was now beginning!

As Jack and Martha said their vows, their family and friends listened intently. No one was talking or telling jokes, and not even small children were laughing down the back. No husbands or wives were quietly bickering about house bills or losing their jobs. Mattie and Ric were quiet, but Mattie was uncomfortable. One hand was held by Ric and the other was on her - at the moment - flat stomach. She found it hard to believe that a little person was growing inside of her. A little 'Ric and Mattie'. Would it be a little girl or would it be a little boy? While earlier on at home, Mattie had felt nothing but worry but here, she couldn't help feeling hopeful that things were going to turn out ok. Maybe it was God's presence or Martha and Jack's beautiful relationship being expressed in front of them. Mattie didn't know, but she was grateful for it.

"Well you're about to find that out now mate," said Tony, as they music began and all the guests stood up.

Up beside Martha at the alter, little Ella was having the trouble concentrating. Such big words were being used for such a little girl. "Mummy," she said, pulling on Tasha's dress.

"Yes, sweety," whispered Tasha, bending down.

"Is this going to be over soon?"

"Yes sweety, I promise," whispered Tasha. "Just be a good girl and stay quiet until the end, ok."

"Ok Mummy!"

"By the power infested in my by the Lord Almighty, it is my pleasure to pronounce this man and woman to be husband and wife!"

Everyone jumped up, and started clapping, as the music began to play again.

"You may kiss the bride!"

Jack smiled exultantly. He leaned in and cupping Martha's face gently in his hands, and kissed her.

They stayed there for what, to them, seemed like eternity.

Because that's what they had; an enternity together.

As she pulled away, he grinned at her.

"I love you Mrs Holden!"

As the mass ending, Robbie walked up behind Tasha and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you so much," he said.

She smiled at him softly. "And I love you!"

Pulling Aden away from the busy crowds, Belle huried in the church's broom cupboard.

There, she closed the door, turned off the light, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Kissing him softly. she laid her head against his forehead and whispered "I love you."

They sat and waited until the church was empty, so as not to get stuck in the crowds. Ric and Mattie sat together in their same seats, Mattie's head lying on Ric's shoulder.

Then she looked up at him in a serious face

"You know how much I love you right?"

Ric smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Yes, I do," he said. "And I love you the exact same!"

Comments would be much appreciated!! :)

x x x x x

Comments

Archived