The Wedding

Guest Georgia

Type of story: one shot

Rating: T

Main Characters: Aden and Belle

Genre: Romance.

Warnings: Nope

Is Story being proof read: No

Summary: The happiest day of Belle and Aden’s life.

Disclaimer: Quote by: Marguerite De Valois

Bold italics are Belle's wedding vows.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 33 minutes ago, Aden Jeffries had proposed to the love of his life.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 32 minutes ago, Belle Taylor had jumped into his arms and screamed yes.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 31 minutes ago, the happy couple had shared a passionate kiss

7 months, 2 days, 3 hours and 45 minutes ago, Belle Taylor received the news that she was dying of cancer

7 months, 2 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes ago, Aden Jeffries told her he wanted to marry her, no matter what

Today was their wedding day, the happiest day of their lives. It had taken a long time for them to get their act together, but it was worth it.

It had taken Belle three months to find the perfect wedding dress. It was a beautiful white, pure and innocent, untouched. It was strapless, to show off Belle’s tan. It had delicate pink beads lining the bodice and around the hem.

It had taken Belle three weeks to choose their honeymoon. Aden wanted camping, Belle wanted Paris. Camping was not at all romantic, and Belle was not a camping girl. Paris was too romantic for Aden, who didn’t want to eat croissants in the moonlight, under the Eiffel Tower. They compromised. They were going to Fiji. Romantic, but not too much so. They would stay in a decent hotel, not too flashy, but better than a tent. They were both happy.

It had taken her three days to decide on the location. It had to be perfect. Aden wanted a casual wedding, and Belle wanted it on the most beautiful beach in Summer Bay. Aden wanted it on the spot they had first seen each other, but Belle disagreed. She wanted it right by the ocean, where they had first splashed around, the first time Belle realised she loved Aden Jeffries. He caved. He always did.

It had taken her three hours to decide on the bridesmaids. Mattie would fly back from Western Australia to be the maid of honour. Rachel was going to be a bridesmaid, for all her wonderful help. And Annie would make up the rest of the bridal party, for being the best sister Belle could ever have hoped for. Irene would be walking her down the aisle, to give her away, as she had done so much in Belle’s life, made her the person she was today.

It had taken her three minutes to decide that she didn’t want a hen’s party. She was happy to be getting married, so there was no need to celebrate the last night of freedom. She just wanted casual drinks at her place, with all her friends, but no presents. She had never liked receiving gifts, it made her uncomfortable. She never knew how to act.

It had taken her three seconds to decide that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Aden Jeffries.

And now she was ready. It was finally her wedding day. The day she had been dreaming of since she was five years old. It was so much better that she could ever have imagined.

Her dress was on and it hung perfectly from her slender frame.

Her make-up was complete, no flaws showing on her delicate face.

Her hair cascaded around her face, framing it beautifully.

One thing was sure; Belle Taylor would never regret her decision to marry Aden Jeffries.

The vows were simple. They promised to love each other, hold each other, respect each other, and obey each other.

For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to death do us part.

I will.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 33 minutes later, Belle Jeffries lost her fight for life, passing away peacefully in Aden Jeffries arms.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 32 minutes later, Aden Jeffries realised the love of his live was gone.

7 months, 3 days, 4 hours and 31 minutes later, Aden Jeffries placed a gentle kiss on his wife’s forehead

7 months, 2 days, 3 hours and 45 minutes later, the whole of Summer Bay attended Belle Jeffries funeral

7 months, 2 days, 3 hours and 2 minutes later, Aden Jeffries performed a moving eulogy.

It had taken Aden three months to realise he couldn’t live without Belle Taylor.

It had taken Aden three weeks to realise that he had to propose to Belle Taylor.

It had taken Aden three days to work up the courage to propose to the love of his life.

It had taken Aden three minutes to realise that Belle Taylor had agreed to marry him.

It took Aden three seconds to realise that he was a widow.

It took him another three days to realise that he wouldn’t change anything. It had brought him closer to the wonderful, beautiful, funny, smart, independent, feisty woman that was his wife.

“Love works in miracles every day: such as weakening the strong, stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favouring the passions, destroying reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy.”

Their love had weakened Belle, made her depend on Aden.

It had stretched Aden, so he could be more for her.

It had made a fool of everyone that didn’t believe in them

It had turned Aden into a wise man

It had turned their world upside down.

He would never be the same.

Aden Jeffries strength is the single greatest thing about him. He makes me stronger, he makes me wiser, he makes me love myself, including my flaws.

At first, I hated Aden. He was always up to trouble, but then he climbed through my window, and slept on my floor. He told me that if he took a picture of me, it’d be about the person. For me, there was no defining moment. One day I looked around, and I thought to myself, how on earth did this happen? You are head over heels in love with Aden Jeffries.

I want to marry him because he is the love of my life. Marriage will not alter our relationship, I am certain it will stay the same. When you love someone as much as I love Aden Jeffries, nothing can get in the way of our relationship. Today, we are here to show our friends and family just how much we love each other. I don’t want a wedding, I want a marriage. I want a lifetime.

All he had left was memories.

Comments

Archived