His Life, Her Life, Theirs Combined

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Story title: His Life, Her Life, Theirs Combined

Type of story: short/medium fic

Main characters: Aden, Rebecca (new character), Nicole, Rachel and other characters

BTTB Rating: G/T

Genre: General.

Spoilers: Yes (UK and Australia)

Any warnings: No.

Summary: It's a week after Belle's funeral. Summer Bay has just said goodbye to one of it's loved ones. While others try to move on and continue their lives, Aden shrivels up inside himself, shutting out all those who try to help him. However when one soul leaves, soon another takes it place. Will the new face in town help Aden escape from his pit of depression?

Chapter 1

"You can shed tears that she is gone,

or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,

or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,

or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,

or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her only that she is gone,

or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,

be empty and turn your back.

Or you can do what she'd want:

smile, open your eyes, love and go on." – David Harkins.

The morning again, thought Aden, as his eyes open a crack to see a tiny ray of light find its way through his dark blinds.

He groaned and turned away from it, closing his eyes tightly. The light reminded him too much of her.

Opening them again, Aden saw that he must have fallen asleep in the living room again.

The room was just the way she had left it, except maybe a bit messier now.

He had instantly refused to go into their bedroom. The room smelt too much like her. Even the duvet had an old whiff of her perfume still in it.

Aden hadn't really moved much since the funeral, he had basically come home, shut himself up. He hadn't seen anyone since. He didn't really care though.

Looking up at the clock, he saw it was 10:50. In about ten minutes, Nicole would come and knock on the door, like she did every morning since Belle had died, trying to get Aden to open the door.

Today she was early. Aden however didn't move an inch, when he heard a small, delicate knock on the door.

"Aden, it's me," said Nicole, her voice sympathetic as always. "I know you won't open the door for me. I'm not going to stop trying though."

She was quiet for a moment. Probably hoping I will talk thought Aden.

As he expected Nicole sighed.

"Fine, well I have to go," she said, sadly. "I've made you some of Roman's special scrambled egg. I know you use to love it. He sent me the recipe after I told him how…how things were with you. He says he's sorry he's not around to help you."

Nicole fell silent again, hoping for a response.

From, the corner of his eye, Aden saw the shadow under the door move as Nicole put down the lunch box containing the scrambled egg on the porch mat. "Well, bye Aden," said Nicole, her voice becoming more distant now. "I'll come over later to collect the box later. Bye."

Aden listened to her footsteps as she walked away. When she was far gone, he closed his eyes again, pulling his knees close up to his chest.

Burying his face in his lap, he began to sob quietly.

Rebecca smiled as she jumped delicately from the bus, and breathed in the fresh sea air.

She looked out over the glorious beach. In the distant she saw the small town of Summer Bay, to which she would call her home for a while. Trying to forget her reason for being there, she set off at a steady pace towards the town; remembering to follow the directions her Aunt had given her.

When she reached the small house, she stopped to admire it. Clearly it had a woman's touch, what with it's white washed windows, and bright red front door.

She carefully opened the small gate that lead to the path with lead to the house. She knocked gently on the door.

"Tony, hold Lily for me would you, while I get the door," she heard her Aunt say.

Seconds later the door opened.

"Hi, Aunt Rachel, it's me!"

"Rebecca! Becky!" exclaimed Rachel. "Is that my little niece I see behind that grown up woman!"

"Yeah it's me, Aunt Rach," said Rebecca, walking into Rachel's outstretched arms. "I've missed you!"

"Oh sweety, I've missed you too," said Rachel, smiling at her widely. "I don't think you've met my husband Tony."

"No I haven't," said Rebecca, as she waved hi to Tony who was bouncing his little daughter up and down in his arms.

"And this is my 2 month old daughter, Lily," said Rachel, as Rebecca tickled her cousin under the chin.

"Oh your just the most beautiful little thing aren't you!" cooed Rebecca. "Oh Aunt Rachel, she's so beautiful."

"She is a lovely little thing yes," said Rachel, smiling proudly at her daughter.

"Anyway, how are you?" she asked, wrapping her arm around Rebecca's shoulders. "How have you been since –?

"Um, it's been tough," said Rebecca, looking into her anxious Aunt's face. "Some days are easier than others. The last few days have been good though; I've had coming to see you to look forward to!"

"Well, we're delighted to have you," said Tony, smiling at her.

"Is there anything you'd like, food, drink?" asked Rachel, anxiously.

"No, I'm fine thank you," said Rebecca. "I think I'll just go for a walk actually, if that's ok. I was admiring the beach on the way down, it's absolutely beautiful."

"Ok well, be careful," said Rachel as she opened the front door. "If you're stuck, just say your related to us. Everyone pretty much knows everyone around here

"Great, well I'll be back soon!" said Rebecca. "Bye!"

"Bye honey!"

"Hey Rach, you never did get around to telling me why she's here in the first place," said Tony, as Rachel closed the door. "Where are her parents?" "Oh, well, they're dead, Tony."

Tony stopped bouncing Lily.

"Oh my God, I didn't know," he said, as he lowered Lily into her cot. "What happened?"

"It was a house fire," said Rachel, sadly, as she watched her daughter squirming happily in her cot. "Rebecca was out with friends. The entire place burned down in seconds, her parents didn't even how a chance."

"Oh," said Tony sadly, wrapping a comforting arm around Rachel's shoulders.

She too had lost someone through the tragedy. Rebecca's father had been Rachel's older brother.

"She was living in an apartment in the city," said Rachel. "But she's just taken the whole thing so hard. I knew this, so I offered her to stay here for a while. She needs family around her right now."

"She seems a lovely girl," said Tony, as he went to make a pot of tea. "It's so horrible that it happened to her."

Rachel nodded.

"With all that's happened lately; what with Belle dying, and then Rebecca's parents," she said, as a few tears trickled down her face. "It's made me appreciate what I have. You and Lily. I couldn't ask for any more."

Tony smiled and kissed her lightly.

"Will she be alright on her own?" he asked anxiously.

"Well, if she's out for too long I'll go looking for her," said Rachel. "She seems fairly ok though at the moment. Only time will heal her wounds."

"That's kind of what you said to Aden too," remembered Tony.

Rachel nodded as she too remembered. "They're kind of going through the same thing really. Their pain is equal, but it just occurred differently. They only difference I see is Rebecca is trying to move on, and deal with the pain. Aden…the longer his depression goes on for, the less likely he is to snap out of it."

Tony nodded. "That boy's been through hell and back."

"He's been like a different person since Belle died," said Rachel softly. "Like the old Aden we knew has simply vanished."

"Are you going to do anything?" Tony asked.

Rachel sighed, and shrugged. "There's not much I can do. I've been speaking to Nicole; he won't even step out his front door. The boy's beyond help I fear."

Tony frowned worriedly. "Well, something will have to be done. A depression as deep as his can only lead to trouble."

Rachel nodded. A small outburst from Lily broke the silence.

"Someone's not liking the loss in attention I think," said Tony, lifting Lily up into his arms. "You are so like your mother."

Rachel laughed. "I'm going to take that as a compliment!"

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your comments!!

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 2

Aden woke again the next morning to find the sun finally breaking through his blinds and admitting light around the entire room.

The feeling that came with the light was one of peace and calm. It felt like a fresh morning.

Then, for the first time in over a week, Aden stood up. He looked around the room. It was the same as Belle had left it, maybe a bit messier now, but still pretty much the same.

However, even though Aden had made a massive improvement by even doing this much, he didn't feel any different.

His mood wasn't any lighter, the dark shade in his eyes had not lifted, and the weight that was pushing down on his already broken heart was still there.

Walking up the stairs, he decided to just go with the flow, let his legs lead the way. It was then he subconsciously decided to have a shower.

Slowly getting into the shower, he watched as the water came shooting out of the shower hose and flow down his body.

However, as the steaming hot water began to seep through his entire body, Aden felt some of his tension leave him, and for the first time in what seemed like forever, he actually felt relaxed.

Aden took in a deep breath and then let it out slowly. He felt better. Just having the shower, made him feel almost normal.

But then he remembered how he had got into this state, and his mood deflated instantly.

After scavenging through his wardrobe, he managed to find some clean clothes.

Then suddenly, a gust of wind blew through his window, rattling the blinds. As Aden went over to shut the window, he saw the sun.

Rolling up the blinds he gazed into the sun. For once, he was not angry to see it. It fitted in this morning.

Deciding he wanted to see more of the sun, Aden decided to go to the beach.

Just for a short walk, he thought. To clear my head.

Opening the door, he vaguely remembered Nicole coming and picking up his untouched scrambled eggs.

She wasn't due to visit for another hour, though Aden. I might escape her yet.

When he reached the beach, he slipped off his shoes, and walked onto the gloriously warm sand.

As he sat down, he watched the waves crash gently against the sand, the tide was in and then sun shone bright over Aden's head.

As the early morning power walkers jogged in front of him, Aden stared out and watched the ripples in the crystal blue waters.

He watched the gulls as they flew over head, dipping their beaks every now and again into the water, trying to catch a vulnerable fish.

It was only out of the corner of Aden's eye, did he see a young girl, walking slightly day dreamily along the beach.

Rebecca's first night in Summer Bay was a lovely occasion.

Rachel had her cooked her 'famous' lasagne and they all tucked in, Rebecca especially; who was famished after her day's travel.

It was during dinner; Rebecca remembered, as she lay awake in bed that next morning, that Rachel had filled Rebecca in on all that had been happening in the Bay.

"So this Belle Taylor was Aden's wife?"

Rachel and Tony exchanged a glance, and then Rachel smiled at her ruefully.

"Honey, I know you probably didn't mean it, but you might want to watch out on the tone or the context when you're talking about Belle," said Rachel.

"It's just Belle was extremely well loved by everyone in this town, and her death was most untimely, and an absolute shock," said Tony. "No one was expecting it."

"Belle is just a sensitive subject at the moment," said Rachel. "You have to be rather delicate and careful when talking about her. Especially around her family."

"Oh no, I didn't mean to be disrespectful," said Rebecca, quickly. "I shall promise to be more careful in the future."

Rachel and Tony had smiled at her and then the dinner continued, remembered Rebecca.

But since that conversation she had always hoped to bump into this Aden Jefferies.

Their pain, Rebecca felt, was similar. This boy was in the same situation as she; they had both lost people they love.

It therefore seemed a coincidence that Rebecca saw a young boy, that fitted Aden's description, sitting and staring out at the sun, when she was walking across the beach that morning.

"You look like you could use some company."

Aden looked up to see the young, blonde girl he had seen a few minutes ago smiling at him.

Then Rebecca saw his face.

"Are you ok?" she asked, sitting down beside him.

"I'm guessing your new here," said Aden, quietly, ignoring her question.

"You guessed right," said Rebecca, smiling softly at him. "How could you tell?"

"Well, I know most of the people in this town," said Aden. "I didn't recognise you, so I just presumed."

"Very good presumption," said Rebecca.

"I'm Dr Armstrong's niece, Rebecca," she said, offering him her hand.

"I'm Aden Jefferies," said Aden, shaking it.

"I know," said Rebecca, as she looked out at the water.

"You know," said Aden, surprised.

Rebecca nodded. "Aunt Rachel told me about you. About what happened to your wife. I'm sorry."

Aden looked away. They had arrived at the Belle conversation.

Rebecca watched his face, trying to catch his eye.

"You know, I kind of know of you feel."

"I doubt that highly," said Aden, harshly.

Rebecca ignored his tone and continued.

"My parents died in a fire a few weeks ago," she said.

Aden felt a pang of remorse.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking at her.

She smiled at him, a fear tears trickling down her face.

"It's hard, isn't it," she said, looking at Aden. "Moving on."

He nodded, and then looked out into the sun.

"Feels like it's never going to end," he said, quietly.

"Feels like it's going to get worse all the time," said Rebecca.

"Exactly," said Aden, quietly.

Then he looked at her and smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry for being rude before."

Rebecca smiled. "It's ok. I know how hard it is, having to talk about them. It's almost impossible."

"But then again you want to talk about them," said Aden, turning to face her. "You want to because…

"Your afraid you'll forget them if you don't," finished Rebecca. "I know."

"And I don't ever want to forget Belle, ever," said Aden, determinedly, looking out at the sun again. "She was my whole life."

"Well, then talk about her," said Rebecca smiling at him lightly.

"I can't," said Aden, looking down at his hands. "I can't because then it'll seem like she's still here. And then I'll stop talking about her, and she'll be gone again."

"Aden, did Belle never tell you," said Rebecca, softly. "The people we love never really leave us."

"They with us always, in here," she said, putting her hand against Aden's chest, where behind was his heart.

Aden smiled. "I guess she did say something like that. I just thought she was being her crazy, usual self."

"And who's to say us girls aren't right even when we are crazy," said Rebecca, laughing lightly.

"Yeah, I guess," said Aden, chuckling. "Belle was right about so many things."

"I would have love to her known her," said Rebecca, smiling. "From what Aunt Rachel said, she sounded like a lovely person."

"She was amazing," said Aden. "And I know she would have liked you Rebecca."

"Thanks," said Rebecca, smiling at him.

"Your Aunt Rachel is brilliant too," said Aden. "She was so supportive of Belle the whole time, she helped me so much through the whole thing. She even helped us get married!"

"Yeah she's great," said Rebecca. "She was the first person to offer me a home after my parents died. I was living in the city, but after…after the funeral, I just didn't feel I could be alone."

Aden nodded. "I was the opposite actually."

"Really."

"Yeah, I shut myself away from everyone for over a week," said Aden, trying to think about it too much. "Everything, everyone reminded me of her."

Rebecca nodded understandingly. "It gets easier you know."

Aden laughed dryly and then shook his head.

"People keep telling me that," he said, as tears fell from his eyes. "It's alright for them though, their whole life hasn't just fallen apart. They haven't lost their reason for living."

"Aden –

"They have no idea what it feels like to be sleeping in an empty bed, or not being able to cuddle up to the person you love, or kiss them goodnight, or just kiss them when you want to."

"Aden, I know no one will really understand what you're feeling," said Rebecca, put a comforting hand on his arm. "But do really think Belle would want you to be living your life like this."

"Don't tell me what Belle would want," snapped Aden, shaking of her hand. "You didn't know her."

"Yes, but I know she loved you," said Rebecca softly. "And those who love us, never want us to be hurting. Think of what Belle would be say if she saw you like this."

Aden looked at Rebecca's face, and then he sighed.

"She'd tell me to grow up," he said. "And stop crying over her."

Rebecca nodded. "I know that's hard to do, trust me I've been there, but it's the only way if you want to ever feel better."

"I just want her, Rebecca," said Aden, as the tears kept falling from his face. "I just want to be able to hold her in my arms, and never let go."

"Aden, for ages, I cried my eyes out every night because I missed my Mum's hugs," exclaimed Rebecca. "And the way my Dad called my princess, even though he knew it embarrassed me."

Aden felt helpless as Rebecca suddenly burst into tears.

"Rebecca, shh it's ok, it's ok," he reassured her, quickly wrapping his arm around her shoulders and hugging her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said, pulling back and wiping her eyes. "Sorry, I just –

"Rebecca, you don't have to apologise," said Aden, kindly.

Rebecca smiled at him.

"How about we go to the surf club and get some smoothies?"

Rebecca nodded, her eyes still sparkling from her tears. "That would be nice."

They both stood up and walked towards the town, both feeling better for talking about each other problems.

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your comments on the chapter, MrsL.

Here's the next chapter everyone..!!

Chapter 3

Nicole thought she was seeing things when she saw Aden walking into the surf, followed by a girl with light brown hair.

For a second there, she had even thought it was Belle.

Nicole looked away, as a tear rolled down her cheek. She wiped it away quickly before Aden saw it.

"Hey Nic," he said, coming to stand beside her at the counter.

"Aden! Hi," said Nic, still shocked that he was there. She hadn't seen him outside the house in weeks.

And when she looked into his eyes, she saw something she thought she might never see again; a glint of hope.

"Nic, this is Rebecca," said Aden, indicating to the brunette beside him. "She's Rachel and Tony's niece."

"Hi Rebecca," said Nicole, smiling at her. "I'm Nicole."

"Nicole and I are like siblings," Aden told Rebecca. "I lived with her and her Dad for a few years. They're like family to me."

"It wasn't all rosy," said Nicole, as she chuckled at the memories. "He couldn't keep his hands off me when he first arrived, he was convinced I liked him."

"Hello, you were always flirting with me," protested Aden, as Rebecca laughed. "You were forever throwing yourself at me, it was so obvious you liked me."

"Yeah, well, he was never that hot anyway," said Nicole dismissively.

Aden narrowed his eyes at her. "You'll regret that later."

"So Rebecca," said Nicole, deliberately looking away from Aden. "What's brought you to the Bay?"

Aden looked at Rebecca anxiously, but she was now looking down at her hands.

"Well, my parents died in a fire a weeks ago so…"

"Oh," said Nicole, her eyes suddenly glistening with tears. "I'm so sorry, I would have never had asked if I –

"No, Nicole, it's alright," said Rebecca, smiling at her lightly.

"I came to the Bay, because I was finding it hard on my own in the city," she said. "My Aunt Rachel invited me to come and stay with her and Uncle Tony, so here I am."

Nicole smiled at her lightly, and then looked at Aden. His eyes were distant; Nicole knew what he was thinking of, who he was thinking of.

"Um, I have to go, I think," said Aden, walking away quickly.

"Aden, wait," said Nicole, reaching out for his arm, but just missing it.

"Did I say something wrong?" asked Rebecca anxiously, as Nicole watched Aden leave, her eyes filled with worry.

"No," said Nicole, sadly when Aden had gone. "Anything will bring him back to thinking of Belle these days. He's finding it so hard. Just seeing him outside the house today was a surprise."

"What do you mean?" asked Rebecca, curiously.

Nicole sighed. "You know his wife died just over a week ago?"

"Yes," said Rebecca, quietly. "Aunt Rachel told me. She sounded like a lovely person."

Nicole that. "Yeah, she was lovely. You would have thought she was the sun and moon the way Aden spoke of her, looked and her, and the way he loved her. I've never seen anything so…pure, so honest before."

Rebecca waited, not wanting to interrupt her.

"When she died, it was like she took him with her," said Nicole. "He just…died. He wouldn't talk to anyone. It got so bad that he shut himself up in their house. He wouldn't come out. This has been the first time in a week."

Then she smiled at Rebecca.

"You must have done something," she said. "The look in his eyes, I never thought I see that ever again."

"I did nothing," said Rebecca. "All we did was talk. I saw him sitting on the beach, on his own. He looked lonely, so I went and sat beside him."

"Yeah, but just that, just that seems to have help him. 'The Power of Talking'!"

"Never heard that one before," said Rebecca, chuckling.

"Made it up on the spot!" said Nicole, chuckling.

She sighed. "It's true though. If you had only seen what he had been like before, you would think the man I just saw was a different person."

Rebecca shook her head in disbelief. "It was really that bad?"

Nicole nodded. "I've never seen Aden like this before."

Rebecca sighed. "Well, I kind of know what he feels like. I'm only just accepting it all now, Aden's in for a tough haul."

"Well, if there's anyway you think you can help him Rebecca, do it please," said Nicole.

Rebecca nodded. "Well I have to get going. See you around Nicole."

"You too, Rebecca," said Nicole, smiling at her. "It's been nice meeting you."

Rebecca smiled and left the Surf Club.

Aden dropped to his knees as he reached the spot. He put his face in his hands, and cried.

Over his head the sun shone bright, Belle's marble memorial glistening in the sun.

Carefully, Aden put the small bunch of roses in front of the headstone. Then he read again, what he had read so many times already, the words carved in the glazed memorial:

If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever.

"You will forever be my real love, Belle," said Aden, looking out to the blue sky ahead of him. "No matter where I go, no matter who I meet, I will always love you."

As he played with a few of the rose petals, a few more tears escaped him.

"I don't function properly without you Belle," he cried. "You're my other half, I need you. In everything I do, I need you."

He paused, laying the rose down besides the others.

"When you…died, Belle, you took my heart with you," cried Aden, as he read the big bold letters that spelt out her name. "If talking to you, if talking about you, keeps you alive, in what's left of my heart, then I'll do it. I'll do anything…for you."

Then he stood up, and took a few steps back.

"I love you, Belle, forever and always."

Rebecca knocked gently on the door.

"Oh Rebecca," said Tony as he opened the door. "Your just in time for lunch! Hungry?"

"Um…no not really Uncle Tony," said Rebecca, closing the front door behind her. "I think I'll give it a miss if that's ok."

"Are you feeling ok honey?" asked Rachel, walking into the room with Lily in her arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just need some time on my own, thanks."

Rachel looked at her anxiously. "Well, we're here if you want to talk ok?"

"Ok," said Rebecca, and then she walked into the hall.

Rachel looked at Tony worriedly.

"She knows to come to us if she's upset or worried about something," he said, putting the pile of plates on the table.

Rachel nodded, however not feeling reassured.

In her room, Rebecca was curled up on her bed looking at a photograph of her and her parents, on the night of her formal.

She smiled, a few tears rolling down her cheeks, as she touched their faces with her fingers.

"I miss you so much, Mom and Dad," she said, as she looked at her Mother's smiling face.

Then she burst into tears and hid her face in her pillow. She didn't even hear Rachel come in, carrying a tray of food.

"Honey, I thought I'd bring you some –

Then she saw Rebecca's face.

"Aw, Becky, come here," she said, sitting beside her on the bed, and hugging her tightly. "Everything's going to be ok."

"I miss them so much," she cried into her Aunt's chest.

"I know you do, honey, I know," said Rachel, rubbing circles around her niece's back.

"I love them, I love them…" sobbed Rebecca.

"I know honey," said Rachel, her heart breaking as she held her shaking niece.

"Aunt Rachel."

"I'm here, honey, I'm here," she said, pulling her closer.

"Thank."

Rachel smiled. "I love you, sweety," she said, kissing her forehead. "So much."

Nicole groaned but got up from her seat reluctantly when she heard a knock on the front door.

"Nicole, will you get it?" called Kirsty from upstairs.

"Yeah," said Nicole, stretching and opening the door.

She was surprised to see Aden standing outside.

"Aden, hi," said Nicole, surprised.

"Hi Nic," said Aden. "Would you…would you like to go out with me for dinner this evening? I haven't been that nice to you lately, and I just want to make it up to you. Geoff can come too if he wants!"

Nicole smiled. "That would be lovely Aden."

Aden nodded, and smiled lightly. "Great, well, do you want to go now?"

"Yeah," said Nicole. "Let me just get my bag, and ring Geoff. Do you want to come in?"

"Yeah, sure," said Aden, stepping across the doormat.

"Aden, hi!" said Miles, as he came in the living room.

"Hi," said Aden, smiling at him.

"How are you?" asked Miles, cautiously.

"I'm ok thanks," said Aden.

"I'm going out for dinner with him and Geoff tonight, ok," said Nicole, as she put down the phone.

"That's fine."

"Great," said Nicole, then she turned to Aden.

"Geoff said he would love to come, and he thanks you for the invite."

"Great, well let's go," said Aden, pulling his keys out of his pocket. "We can pick him up on the way."

"Ok, bye," said Nicole, waving to Miles.

"Bye!" he said.

"Who was that?" asked Kirsty, as she entered the room.

"Aden."

"Aden?!" asked Kirsty in surprise. "Are you sure?"

"Well otherwise, the boy sounded and looked extremely like him," joked Miles.

Kirsty raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah I know," said Miles. "I was rather shocked to see him too. I was even more shocked when Nicole said that she, Geoff and Aden were going out to dinner."

"Are we still talking about the same Aden that was married to Belle?" asked Kirsty in disbelief.

"Yeah, we are," said Miles, as he sat into the armchair.

Kirsty shook her head in disbelief. "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your lovely comments!

Let me know if you still like it, I'd hate to think I was boring some people!!

Here's the next chapter!!

Chapter 4

"Thanks guys," said Aden, as he, Nicole and Geoff left the restaurant. "Tonight was great."

"Yeah it was! We should definately do it again sometime," agreed Geoff, as Nicole nodded enthusiastically. "Thanks for letting me tag along Aden!"

"No problem," said Aden. "I just thought Nicole would get bored by my company so..."

"Oh yeah, Geoff livened the whole night up completely!" joked Nicole.

"Hey! What did I do to deserve that!" said Geoff, narrowing his eyes at her mockingly.

"Nothing," said Nicole, indifferently. "It was the only comeback that came to mind!"

"Well, I am truly offended," said Geoff, as he wiped away fake tears.

"Aw, I'm sorry," said Nicole, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Will I kiss it and make it all better?"

"I know somewhere you can kiss," mumered Geoff, licking his lips.

"Guys, c'mon," said Aden, looking at them in disbelief. "I'm still here! You can get all gooey when I leave."

Nicole and Geoff grinned, silently linking hands.

"So, when did you two get back together?" asked Aden, as they walked towards the car.

"It had been coming on for awhile," said Nicole, as Geoff nodded. "Belle's funeral....well we just realised lately that life is way too short, and that we were only kidding ourselves by not being together."

Nicole looked over at Aden nervously; she had not meant to bring up Belle in the conversation.

Aden saw her anxious look but just smiled.

"It's ok, Nic," he reassured her. "You can talk about Belle if you want."

Geoff and Nic looked at each other in surprise. Aden saw this.

"I'm serious guys, it's ok," he said earnestly. "I've learnt that Belle never really left, that she's always with me. In fact, I like talking about her. It makes her seem like she's still with us."

Nicole smiled. "How about we all go to the surf club for a drink? You can invite Rebecca, Aden!"

"Yeah, I think I will," said Aden, as he slipped into the drivers seat.

"Let keep the speed legal this time Aden," said Nicole from the back seat, where she sat with Geoff.

Aden looked at her, his eyes narrowed. "I don't know what your talking about."

Nicole laughed. "Of course you don't!"

Aden ignored her, and put his mobile up his ear.

"Hello?" said Rachel.

"Hi Rachel, it's Aden."

"Oh, hi Aden," said Rachel, surprised to be even talking to him. "How are you?"

"I'm ok thanks," said Aden, trying to ignore Geoff and Nicole, who were making out in the back seat. "Nicole, Geoff and I are going to the surf club for a few drinks, and we wanted to know if Rebecca would like to come."

There was a pause.

"Um, Aden, Rebecca not really feeling the best this evening," said Rachel, slowly. "Maybe another time."

"Um, ok," said Aden, as Nicole leaned forward curiously. "I'll see you around."

"Bye," said Rachel, and she hung off.

"Is everything ok?" asked Nicole.

"Not sure," said Aden. "Guys do you mind if we leave the surf club for another night. I can drop you both back to the beach house now if you want?"

"Um..yeah sure, no problem," said Geoff, as Nicole looked anxiously at Aden. He avoided her eyes.

They drove to the caravan park house in silence. Nicole didn't dare say anything, afraid to say something wrong. Geoff followed her approach. All in all, the silence was pretty awkward.

"Well there you are," said Aden, as he pulled up outside the house. "Thanks again for the great evening guys."

"Your welcome," said Nicole, although Aden could feel her eyes on the back of his head.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said, driving off.

Nicole waited, watching as his car drove off into the darkness. Geoff stood with her, his arm looped around her waist.

"Did you get the feeling his was hiding something from us?" asked Nicole.

"Sure if he was, he obviously didn't want to tell us," said Geoff, looking at Nicole.

"Hmm," said Nicole, frowning slightly.

"Look if he wants to tell us, we'll be there to listen," said Geoff, as they walked back to the house.

"Ok, fine," said Nicole.

Then she turned and grabbed Geoff's tie, pressing her chest up against his.

"Now, the next problem will be getting to convince Miles to let you stay over tonight!"

Geoff rolled his eyes as Nicole pulled him into the house.

Rebecca woke suddenly and jumped up. She ran her fingers through her hair, trying to remember her reason for waking up.

The dream.

She sighed. It was just a dream. It had seemed so real; her parents standing in front of her, both of them smiling. Then her Mum reached out towards her, her arms open wide for a hug.

Then as Rebecca walked towards her Mum, both her parents had vanished and Rebecca had woken up.

Rebecca lay back down on bed, and curled up into a ball in the middle. She listening to the noises outside. In the distant, a car was driving down the road, a river was flowing by, and a stray cat was meowing, begging for a home.

Then she frowned. Voices. Nearby voices. But these weren't Uncle Tony, and Aunt Rachel's voice. Some body else was at the door.

"I was just worried," said the strange voice.

"Your concern over my niece is much appreciated," said Rachel. "Rebecca's just not in the mood to see people right now, Aden."

Aden.

Aden was here.

Silently, Rebecca rose from her bed, and opened her bedroom door, keeping her dressing gown wrapped tightly around her.

Walking down the hall the voices grew louder.

"You can see her in the morning," said Rachel.

"Ok," said Aden, his voice, a tone of defeat. "Just tell her I called ok."

"Aden, wait," said Rebecca as she walked in the living room.

All eyes focused on her.

"Rebecca darling, what did you say?" asked Rachel, coming over and wrapping a comforting arm around her.

"Aden," she murmered, her eyes focused on his face.

"Yes, what about Aden love?"

"Stay," she murmered, her eyes still focused on his.

Rachel looked up at Aden, and he nodded, only taking his eyes off Rebecca's for that second.

Rebecca turned and walked back towards her room, Aden following her close behind.

As Rebecca stopped in front of her bed, Aden stopped, stepping back so he was standing in her doorway.

Rebecca turned around and looked at him.

In the light, Aden could see that her eyes were all swollen, red from crying. Her face looked gaunt, the bright, bubbly girl he had met only that met that morning had seeminly disappeared.

Like Belle, she had disappeared.

Rebecca took a deep breath.

"Your the only one who knows what it feels like," she said quietly. "Your the only one who can help."

Aden felt a pang of sadness as more tears began to fall down her cheeks.

"Please stay."

Aden nodded, and stepped quietly inside the room, closing the door lightly behind him.

Let me know what you think please!

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your lovely comments...!!

Hope you like this chapter..!!

Chapter 5

Aden groaned as he woke up and stretched.

Falling asleep in Rebecca's chair wasn't the best idea he ever had.

He looked to his right and saw her curled up asleep in the middle of her bed.

Quietly he got up, opened her bedroom door and walked into the hall. Careful not to wake anybody up, he tiptoed into the living and collapsed onto the sofa.

Letting his rest against the comfy looking cushion beside him, he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Next thing he knew, he was stretched out on a matress, a blanket lying across him, and Rachel sitting opposite him feeding Lily.

"Morning!" said Rachel, smiling at him.

"Oh Rach, I'm sorry," said Aden, sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "I didn't mean to fall asleep in your living room."

"Aden, it's fine," said Rachel, cradling Lily against her chest. "You just looked uncomfortable so I fixed you up."

Aden looked at his watch. It was 6am.

"Rach, what are you doing up so early?"

"Lily was hungry," said Rachel, indicating to the baby in her arms who was suckling her mother's breast hungrily.

"Woah, too much information," said Aden, covering his eyes.

Rachel laughed.

"Is Rebecca still asleep?" she asked.

"She was when I left her," said Aden, standing up and rubbing the creases out of his shirt.

"What time did you two eventually nodd off?"

"Um...around 1.30!" said Aden, unhappily. "Well Rebecca did, I didn't 'till about 2."

"Why's that?" asked Rachel, anxiously, pulling down her top and propping Lily up securely in her arms.

"Well, I don't sleep well anyway," said Aden, sitting down on the sofa again. "Also, Rebecca wouldn't stop moaning and talking in her sleep."

"What was she saying?" asked Rachel, anxiously.

Aden looked at her gravely. "She keeps calling out to her parents. She kept saying they're hiding in the light."

Rachel sighed. "I'm really worried about her. Maybe bringing her here was a bad idea."

"Well, she's here now and the important thing is to help her," said Aden. "Help is what she needs right now."

Rachel nodded and smiled at Aden.

"Thanks Aden, you've been a real help, to Rebecca."

"Your welcome," said Aden, smiling at her.

"Well, I'm gona take off," said Aden, indicating towards the door. "I really need a shower."

Before Aden could leave, the phone rang.

"Oh God," said Rachel, jumping up. "Aden would you hold Lily while I get the phone?"

"Eh...yeah," said Aden, stretching out his hands awkwardly.

Carefully, Rachel slipped Lily into Aden's arms. After making sure Lily was secure, she ran and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?"

"So..." said Aden, bouncing Lily up and down gently in his arms. "Hows it going?"

Lily just looked at him.

"Yeah, life's that boring isn't it," said Aden. "Or maybe it's just my life. What life like being a baby?"

Lily gurgled.

"Fun, eh?" said Aden. "Good for you. I'd say make the most of it, coz when your my age, you won't remember any of it, and it won't be because you got wasted the night before!"

Aden looked over at Rachel quickly.

"Don't repeat that to your Mother," he said, leaning forward and whispering in the babies ear.

Lily giggled and stretched out and touched his face.

"Good," said Aden, as Rachel put down the phone. "I'm glad we have that settled."

"So, what were you two talking about?" cooed Rachel, as Aden slid Lily into her arms again.

"Oh, just stuff," said Aden, chuckling.

Lily giggled and clapped her hands together, her bright green eyes fixated on Aden.

"Well, someone liked it anyway," said Rachel, kissing each of her daughter's little fingers.

"Yeah," said Aden, smiling at Lily.

"Well I'm gona go Rach," he said, walking towards the door, and opening it. "I'll come back later and see how Faith is doing!"

"Yeah, we'll see you then!" said Rachel.

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

Lily giggled and waved a fist at Aden.

He and Rachel laughed and then Aden closed the door, and walked down the path towards his house.

Thanks for reading..!!

Let me know what you think..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your lovely comments MrsL and zoelouise..!!

Here's the next chapter..!! :)

Chapter 6

Aden put the key in the door, turned it and the door opened.

Walking into the living room, he threw his keys onto the coffee table.

As he looked around the room, his eyes fell upon the white framed picture on the book shelf.

Walking over, he picked it over. Still looking at it, he sat down on the sofa.

All of a sudden, that day came to the front of Aden's mind. He closed his eyes and relived the greatest day of his life.

*Flashback*

Butterflies were flying nervously around his stomach as he stepped out of the car, and straightened out his jacket.

The car park was alreay full. All the guests had already arrived.

Aden was late.

Belle he knew would be freaking out, afraid he was having seconds thoughts.

Irene he knew would be ready to throttle his neck.

Amanda. Amanda would probably jump on him if she wasn't pregnant.

Speed walking down the empty red carpet that had been laid out for Belle, he took in a deep breath, preparing himself for what he was about to receive.

Then he spotted them.

They were all gathered in a group.

Amanda and Irene, Aden could see would kneeling down in front of a chair.

Amanda was holding Belle as her daughter cried into her shoulder.

Irene was standing behind Belle's chair, rubbing her foster daughter's back soothingly.

It wasn't until Geoff, who had been sitting beside Annie, saw Aden, got up and charged towards him, did anyone notice the missing groom.

"You got a nerve showing up here mate?" shouted Geoff, his face livid.

"Geoff don't!" cried Annie, grabbing his arm, afraid he would throw a punch at Aden.

Aden didn''t really notice any of this. His mind was completely focused on Belle.

She had stop crying he had noticed.

Amanda however had got up and stood protectively in front of her as did Irene.

"I shouldn't be surprised," said Amanda, coldy. "This is the kind of thing one would expect from a Jefferies."

Aden didn't say anything.

"No, Mum, it's ok," said Belle, standing up and put her arm on her Mum's arm.

"Darling, it is absolutely not ok," said Amanda, glaring at Aden who was now walking towards Belle slowly.

Belle wasn't listening though. She was watching Aden as he walked towards.

Then to everyone's surprise, she reached forward and took her hand.

Aden smiled at her lovingly. Belle laughed, and grinned at him, her eyes sparkling with tears.

"Aden and I need to talk for a few minutes, ok," said Belle, talking his hand.

"Is the wedding still on, madam?" the priest quietly asked Amanda.

Amanda looked at Aden and Belle.

Aden squeezed Belle's hand. "Oh yes, it's definately on."

Belle grinned and jumped up and hugged Aden tightly.

Swinging his arms underneath her legs, Aden lifted her up, turned around and walked away towards 'The Secret Garden', where he hoped they could talk privately for a few minutes.

"Aden, I'm so sorry," said Belle, as Aden lowered her down carefully onto a bench. "I wanted to tell you, from the very beginning I did, I just couldn't. I couldn't bare to break your heart."

"Babe, I'm sorry I left you standing at the aisle waiting for me for two hours," said Aden, as he gently wiped away a few of Belle's tears. "I was an idiot. I still love you with all my heart, and I hated seeing you believe that I didn't anymore. How could I not love you Belle?"

"I just thought...you said before that it was the lies that killed our relationship," said Belle. "I just thought they would have killed it this time too."

"Babe, nothing can break what we have," said Aden, taking both of Belle's hands in his. "You could leave me, you could tell me you didn't love me anymore. You could do all those things, and I would still love you."

"Aden, Aden, I've never loved anyone more than I love you now, and I know I never will," said Belle, tears trailing down her cheeks. "I hate doing this to you; I hate promising to stay with you for the rest of my life, and then the end of it being only a few months away. I hate it. I hate that I'm going to hurt you that way."

Aden smiled lightly, trailing his fingers down her cheek. "And I hate that I can't spend the rest of my life with you. I wish I could go with you. My life is pointless without you."

"Don't say that," said Belle, smacking his arm. "Don't let me ever hear you say you want to die for me. Never again."

"But it's the truth babe," said Aden softly.

"What did I just say?" said Belle, glaring at him.

Aden chuckled, leaned in and kissed her lightly.

"I love you so much," he whispered, as they rested their heads against each other foreheads.

Belle smiled. "I love you too."

Aden smiled.

"How about we go get married now?" he said, grinning at her.

Belle grinned. "That's the best suggestion I've heard all day!"

Aden laughed, and stood up. Slipping his arms underneath her, he waited until her arms were wrapped securely around his neck, before lifting her up and walking back towards their family.

Minutes later, the music was playing, Nicole was in her place beside Aden. Belle was walking up the aisle, her arm held lightly in Geoff's.

"Who gives this man to this woman?" asked the priest.

"I do," said Geoff lightly.

He looked at Belle, trying to convey his question over whether she was sure she wanted to marry Aden.

Belle smiled and leaned up and kissed Geoff lightly on the cheek.

"Thanks for being the best brother," she whispered in his ear.

Geoff blushed, kissed Belle's hand and walked back down the aisle to sit beside Irene.

Standing beside Belle was Annie, her lilac bridesmaid dress flowing down to her ankles, where upon her feet were a dainty pair of louis vitton purple pumps, courtesy of Amanda.

"You know, nothing makes God happier than when two people come together in love," said the priest, smiling at Belle and Aden.

"Friends, family, are gathered to celebrate here, today, the joyuous union of Aden and Belle."

"Aden, repeat after me," said to priest, turning to face Aden. "I Aden,"

"I Aden,"

"Take thee, Belle, to be my lawfully wedded wife,"

"Take thee, Belle, to be my lawfully wedded wife,"

"To have and to hold, through sickness and health,"

"To have and to hold," said Aden, smiling at Belle. "Through sickness and health."

"Till death, do you part."

"Till death, do you part."

"Belle," said the priest, turning to Belle, whose eyes were spilling with tears.

"I, Belle, take thee Aden, to be my lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and health, till death do us part."

"Then I declare thee to be husband and wife," said the priest, as Belle and Aden took each other's hands as the crowd behind them jumped up and clapped.

"You may kiss the bride," said the priest smiling at Aden.

Grinning, Aden took a step towards Belle. She was beaming tears trailing slowly down her cheeks. Behind them, their family and friends were clapping, Irene and Amanda crying histerically, Geoff grinning widely, Nicole and Annie crying silently.

Smiling at her lovingly, Aden leaned forward and kissed Belle passionately. Wrapping his arms around her back, he held her to him tightly.

Belle did the same, kissing him so hard she never wanted to let go. She just wanted to stay in that moment forever.

*Flashback over*

Aden opened his eyes and stared back down at the picture. The Aden in this picture was smiling. With his arm wrapped tightly around his new wife's waist, you would have thought nothing to dampen his mood.

Belle looked radiant. Her eyes were sparkling with tears and happiness. Their hands were joined at the front of the photo, showing off Belle's glittering engagement ring and their new wedding bands.

Aden looked away from the picture, and looked at his wedding band, which was still on his left hand.

Twirling it slightly in his fingers, he smiled.

He had meant every word that he had said to Belle that day. Not just the vows.

He had promised her he would never stop loving her wherever she went, or if she left him.

Belle had now left him, and as he expected, he loved her even stronger.

Hope you liked the chapter!!

Please let me know what you think!!

Laura xx

SPOILERS TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW HARRY POTTER MOVIE!!!

Hey everyone!!

Thanksies for your comments!! :P

this is my last chapter for about 3 weeks as I'm going away on holidays!! this applies to my other fiction, Having Faith also..!!

Hope you like the chapter!!

Chapter 7

Rebecca stopped as she arrived at the front door.

Smoothing out her dress, she took in a couple of deep breaths.

Raising her hand, she knocked gently on the door.

It opened.

"Hi," said Rebecca, quietly, after a few minutes of silence. "Can we talk?"

"That had to be one of the best movies I have ever seen," said Nicole, as she Aden and Geoff walked into the house.

"It wasn't the best," said Aden, throwing himself into the sofa. "That scene where Harry and Ginny were in the room of requirement was so cheesy! It didn't even happen in the book!"

"Yeah, but it was so sweet!" said Nicole, sitting down.

"Geoff, back me up here!"

Geoff looked at Nicole who was glaring at him.

"Dude, she's my girlfriend, I have to agree with her!"

Nicole smiled and patted Geoff's hair. "I've trained you so well."

Aden chuckled but shook his head determindly.

"And there was hardly any Quidditch! I was really looking forward to that part," he continued.

"Well the amount that was there was really good," said Geoff, wrapping his arm lightly around Nicole's shoulders. "Jeez, I love to be able to play Quidditch. Me, zooming around at 60mph, would be sweet."

Nicole rolled her eyes at him.

"You guys are so predictable."

"You don't mind that when we're in bed, honey," said Geoff, grinning at her.

"Eww, too much information," said Aden, holding his hands up as Nicole blushed.

"Well, I thought the ending was good," said Nicole, trying to divert the conversation.

"Yeah, we all knew what was gona happen like, but it was still really good," agreed Geoff.

"What I can't believe is how they left out most of the first two chapters!" said Aden, clearly outraged. "And all that stuff with Bill and Fleur. I mean, they're wedding takes up most of the beginning of the next book!"

Nicole looked at Aden, her eyes raised.

"God Aden, take a chill pill, it was just a movie!"

Aden shook his head. "I'm just discussing what I didn't like about it Nicole."

"'Discussing?' You mean analysing," teased Nicole, as she snuggled further into Geoff's side.

"Either way, I'm talking about it," said Aden, as he got up and walked into the kitchen.

"You guys are having a very debative discussion," said Miles, walking into the living room. "From what I gathered it was just over a movie."

"Not just a movie Miles," said Nicole. "We were talking about the new Harry Potter movie."

"What, they've released the second one?"

Nicole rolled her eyes.

"Miles, have you even watched the movies?"

"No, what's interesting about a trio of hormonal teenage flicking straight pieces of wood at everyone?" said Miles, taking the cup of tea Aden offered him.

"Miles, that's the basis of the whole movie," exclaimed Nicole, as Geoff contently played with her fingers.

"Exactly," said Miles. "What's interesting about that?"

Nicole sighed exasperately and went back to snuggling up against Geoff.

"How's things Aden?" asked Miles, as Aden sat down at the table beside him.

"They're getting easier," said Aden, sipping his tea lightly. "Rachel's niece, Rebecca has been a real help. We're both going through the same thing really so we're able to comfort each other."

Miles nodded. "Where is she today actually?"

"Visiting friends, I think she said," said Aden, taking a gulp of tea. "We invited her along today but she was afraid she would miss her bus into the city."

"There's no buses going into the city today!" said Miles, frowning slightly.

"Well..she said she was taking the bus," said Aden, putting down his mug.

Behind him, Nicole and Geoff were listening in curiously.

"No, buses don't work on Saturdays," said Miles. "You sure she said the bus...?"

"Yeah, positive."

"Well, maybe she just didn't know," said Miles, as he drained his mug. "She probably got a taxi or something."

"Yeah, probably," said Aden, absent - mindly.

Geoff at this point had relaxed back into the sofa. Nicole however was watching Aden's expression anxiously.

"You want to call her Aden?"

"Yeah," said Aden, standing up and picking up from the coffee table. "I think I will."

When he had dialled in Rebecca's number, he put the phone up to his ear.

Geoff and Nicole waited patiently, watching his anxious expression for news.

"Hey Rebecca, it's Aden. I'm just checking to see if you got into the city alright?"

There was a pause.

"Oh you did! Yeah that's great, we'll see you later! Bye!"

"Did she get a taxi?" asked Nicole, as Aden slipped the phone into his pocket.

"Yeah, she did," said Aden.

"Now," he said, sitting down and putting his feet up on the coffee table. "Wasn't it the cheesiest when Ginny bent down and tied Harry's shoe lace?"

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

• 4 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the lack in updates!!

I've been busy updating my other fic since I got back!

Hope y'all like this chapter!!

Chapter 8

As Rebecca sat down, she smoothed out her dress again nervously.

Craning her neck forward, she managed to see herself in the mirror on the wall. Her face was flushed, and her hair looked messier than usual.

"You see Rebecca", she told herself. "This is what anxiety does to you!"

As the office door opened though, she sat down again nervously, and tried her best to smooth out her hair.

"Now would you like sugar in your tea?" asked Felicity, putting the tray down beside her.

"No thank you," said Rebecca, picking up the mug as Felicity sat down in her chair.

"Now Rebecca, I presume you know why I've called you here today?"

"Not really," admitted Rebecca. "You were a friend of my parents so I presumed you wanted to know how I was."

"Well your right there," said Felicity, folding her arms. "I was a friend of your parents, but did they ever tell you any more about me."

Rebecca shurgged. "Not really, or if they did, I probably wasn't listening."

"Ok well, apart from being your parents friend, I was also their solicitor. I asked you to come here today because I have something to tell you concerning your parents will."

"Oh," said Rebecca. She hadn't been expecting this.

"They had left your house and all their personal belongings to you, but as they were all burnt down in the fire, there was little left to give you apart from a considerable amount of money, which has already been deposited into your bank account."

"Well then, why did you call me here today?" asked Rebecca, patiently.

"Well, your parents also made a bequest in their will, and they wish you to follow it out for them."

"Ok, what is it?" asked Rebecca.

"They want you, and a friend, to take a trip around the world, with their ashes, and sprinkle a tiny piece of them in every place you visit!" said Felicity, smiling at her.

"Oh my God, are you serious? But wait, I can't afford any of this!" said Rebecca. "A trip around the world, that'll cost hundreds!"

"That's all taken care of," said Felicity beaming at her. "All you need to do is decide what dates you want to go!"

"And I can take someone with me?" repeated Rebecca, still completely overwhelmed.

Felicity propped up her glasses while she checked her files.

"Yes, your parents have put enough money aside for you to bring one person," she said.

"Oh my gosh, that's brilliant," exclaimed Rebecca, clapping her hands together. "Thank you so much!"

"Don't thank me, thank your parents," said Felicity kindly. "I'm happy to be telling you the news though. Rachel was telling me how hard everything's been for you lately. I'm glad this is making you happy! Your parents would have been happy too!"

"Yeah," said Rebecca, smiling as she thought as her parents. "I'm sure they would have been too!"

"So, have you decided who your bringing yet?" asked Felicity, smiling at her.

Rebecca grinned. "I might just know someone."

Aden groaned as he heard the doorbell ring downstairs.

Jumping out of bed and quickly throwing on a pair of sweats, he raced down the stairs, and flung the door open.

To his surprise it was Irene.

"Irene!" exclaimed Aden. "Your back! How was your time in the city with Amanda?"

"Oh it was fine," said Irene, vaguely, as voice shaking slightly.

Taking a minute to look over Irene, Aden noted she still looked as fragile as she had from Belle's funeral a few weeks ago. Her hands and voice was still shaking, her eyes had that still heartbroken look in them and her face was still pale and clammy looking.

"So, do you want to come in?"

"Um...no darl, I don't think I will," said Irene, nervously. "I've got so much packing to do back home. I just came here to give you this."

Aden watched as Irene pulled her hand out from the inside of her jacket to reveal a white envelope.

"Amanda was meant to give this to you," she said, handing Aden the envelope. "It's from Belle. She wrote it for you. Amanda said she's sorry she didn't give it to you. Her head hasn't been in the right place since..."

Aden looked up from the envelope with Belle's writing to see a few tears rolling down Irene's cheek.

"Irene..."

"No darl, don't worry about me. I'm fine," insisted Irene, shaking off his outstretched hand. "I wouldn't want to burden you anyway, you've got enough to be getting on with."

"Well if your sure," asked Aden, uncertainly.

"Yeah, I'm positive," said Irene, forcing a smile. "I'll see you around darl."

As Irene disappeared down the path, Aden closed the door.

Sitting down, he carefully tore open the envelope and pulled out Belle's letter.

Unfolding it, his heart thudded uncomfortably as he saw her handwriting. Her perfectly neat handwriting. It was almost like a stranger to him now.

Dear Aden,

As I sit here, writing you this letter, my heart is breaking. It is breaking for many reasons; one because I know, when you are reading this I will be dead and I won't be there to help you deal with the pain. For this I am sorry.

At this stage, I haven't told you about my cancer, and for that I am sorry too. I just knew I wouldn't be able to do it. I wouldn't be able to hurt you like that, because I know how much this will hurt you.

You are the most amazing person, and even though your hurting now, I know that one day you'll be ok and your going to go on to do great things Aden. I can tell know what your thinking; how does she know. I don't know how I know Aden, I just know. Maybe it's my love for you that telling me.

Aden, I know what I'm about to say to you might be impossible for you to even think about right now, but if you meet someone, whether it be tomorrow or in two years, or ten years, I don't want you to feel I'm holding you back. If you love her (or him, I don't mind!), then go for it. Don't be afraid of hurting me, or my memory.

You told me once that wherever I was, or whoever I was with, that you would always love me. Well now I'm telling you the same thing. In a few months, I won't be with you anymore. If someone comes into your life and puts my favourite smile on your face, I will be forever grateful to them Aden.

In three days, I will be Belle Taylor - Jefferies. I really should be getting ready for the wedding. But I couldn't stop thinking of you, and what I'll have done to you when I'm gone. For that Aden, I will be forever sorry.

I love you. I have always loved you, and I will forever more love you, even at death separates us.

Your heart is so pure Aden, and full of goodness. I would feel selfish if only I shared it. Spread it out, give it to someone else. Part of it, will always be with me, as part of mine will always be with you.

I love you with all of my heart,

Love Belle xx

Aden sniffled as he read of Belle's last two sentences.

Unable to hide his pain any longer, he scrunched the paper up in his hands and buried his head in his hands, as he burst into tears.

The pain. The pain he had been trying to hide all this time, all came spilling out.

Rebecca's, and Morag's, and Irene's words of comfort meant nothing to him now.

His wife was dead.

His soulmate.

The woman he loved with all of his heart.

He would never see her face again.

He would never see her smile or her sparkling green eyes.

He would never make love to her again.

They would never grow old together.

They would never be surrounded by their children or grandchildren.

They would never be together ever again.

...xXx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for neglating this fan fic!!

I've been kinda caught up with some family stuff but I thought I better post a new chapter here!

Hope you like it!!

Chapter 9

Running down the path towards Aden's place, Rebecca grinned.

She couldn't wait to tell him her news.

She knocked loudly on the door.

"Aden, it's Rebecca! You there?"

Silence.

"Aden?" asked Rebecca, opening the door a crack.

She was shocked to see Aden curled up in a ball on the floor, crying his eyes out.

"Aden, oh my God, are you ok?" she asked, rushing over and bending down beside him anxiously.

Aden didn't say anything. He just continued crying.

Looking around the floor, Rebecca noticed a scrunched up ball of paper beside the leg of the sofa.

Carefully she picked it up and opened it.

Love Belle xx

Gasping quietly, Rebecca reached out and put a comforting arm on Aden's back.

"Aden do you want to talk about it?"

He shook his head, not looking up at her.

Rebecca sighed.

"Would you like me to go?"

"No," moaned Aden, reaching out and grabbing Rebecca's hand.

Moving closer to him, Rebecca waited as Aden laid his head in her lap.

Putting her arms lightly around him, she shushed him gently.

After a few minutes, the shaking ceased and the sobs quietened.

Thinking he was asleep, Rebecca looked down at his face.

But he wasn't.

He was just staring into space.

"Aden, I know the pain will never go away," said Rebecca. "Trust me, I would know. And even though it may not feel like it now, it will get easier. You won't ever forget the pain...you won't ever forget her but it won't be this hard forever."

"I'm not meant to be in this world without her Bec," said Aden quietly. "I don't function properly."

"It may feel like that now, but it won't always," said Rebecca.

"I want to die just to be with her."

"Aden don't say that!" said Rebecca, fiercly. "Don't ever say that again! What about me? What about Nicole? Would you want to just leave them?"

"I would do anything to be with Belle," said Aden, no emotion in his voice.

"Do you think Belle would want that?"

Aden said nothing.

Rebecca sighed, and made to stand up.

Aden lifted his head from her lap so she could uncross her legs.

"I'm going to go," said Rebecca. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to you going on about wanting to die! I've already lost my parents Aden! I'd hate to lose someone else I care about!"

Still Aden said nothing.

Rebecca growled and walked over to the door.

"From what I've heard Aden, Belle had a passion for life," said Rebecca, as she stood in the doorway. "She wanted to go places, she wanted to do what she loved in life. Her life was ended before she was finished doing all those things."

She paused, and smiled softly.

"Why don't you do them for her?"

Aden frowned and looked up at her.

"What do you mean?"

Rebecca smiled and came to sit on the sofa beside him.

"My parents asked me in their will to go to all the places they loved, in the world, and scatter their ashes there."

She paused.

"I'm allowed to take a friend."

Aden's eyes widened in surprise.

"And you thought of me?"

Rebecca smiled. "Yeah I did. There's no one else I'd rather go with!"

Aden smiled.

"Thanks Rebecca. Your a true friend."

Rebecca blushed.

"I'm serious!" said Aden. "Not many people would sit around and listen to me winge! Belle was the only..."

"Thanks Aden," said Rebecca quickly, trying to distract him. "That means a lot."

Aden smiled.

"So do you want to come with me and we can have lunch?" suggested Rebecca.

"How about I meet you there?" said Aden. "I need to have a shower first."

Rebecca nodded.

"Want help with that?"

Aden looked up at her in shock.

Rebecca's hand flew to her mouth.

She couldn't believe she had just said that.

"I think you should go now," said Aden, quickly.

"Yeah me too," said Rebecca, walking out of the house, not meeting his house.

As she reached the end of the path, she collapsed against the trunk off a tree and groaned loudly.

"I am such an idiot!" she cried.

Inside, Rebecca knew she had ruined everything. She had had a crush on Aden since she first saw him on the beach that day. Telling herself, he was in grief, vulnerable and the complete wrong guy to be looking for a relationship with.

But Rebecca couldn't help it. She was attracted to him. In every way.

But Aden wasn't. Aden was still in love with his dead wife.

She had hoped he was getting over her.

A few weeks had passed and Aden had seemed to be getting better.

His wife's letter had ruined everything.

It seems people from the dead always find a way of coming back.

Let me know what you think!!

xxx

Thanks for your comment, H&Aaddict!

Hope y'all like the next chapter!!

Chapter 10

"She said what?!"

Aden had gone directly to the Caravan Park House after his shock conversation with Rebecca, where he found Nicole and Geoff. He took no time in telling them what Rebecca had said.

He now nodded sheepishly as Nicole gawked at him in shock.

Behind her, Geoff tutted disapprovingly.

"Ok, tell me exactly what she said!" demanded Nicole.

Aden sighed. "I just said I was going to take a shower and she goes 'Want help with that?'."

Nicole growled and shook her head in disbelief.

"She does know you just lost your wife like only over a month ago??"

"Nic," warned Geoff, as Aden turned away uncomfortably.

"Sorry Aden," said Nicole, putting her hand on his arm. "I'm just kind of in shock!"

"It's alright," said Aden, sitting down on the chair. "It's all a bit of a shock."

"What had she come over for anyway?" asked Nicole, sitting down on the couch beside Geoff. He wound his arm around her waist.

"Irene had dropped by," began Aden. "She had a letter for me....from Belle."

Nicole gasped.

"It's ok," reassured Aden, smiling at her lightly. "I'm ok."

"Anyway, Rebecca dropped by when I wasn't in the best of moods," said Aden. "She helped to a certain extent. She told me how her parents had asked her to take her ashes around the world in their will. She asked me to come with her!"

Nicole hissed. "That was so part of her plan; there you two are, sitting in a field, staring out at the moments, and the beautiful blue sky. She accidently puts her hand down on yours. There's an awkward moment. She leans forward. Aden gives in, due to his vulnerable state. They kiss. They both come back, before we know it; boyfriend and girlfriend!"

"Nic," said Geoff. "Don't think Aden to be that weak!"

"Geoff you guys are all the same," said Nicole, in an obvious tone. "At some point, you all feel obliged to give the girl what she obviously wants!"

Geoff shook his head. "How do you know us guys so well?"

"Well I've had you both in bed haven't I?" said Nicole, grinning, she leaned in and claimed Geoff's lips passionately.

Aden looked away uncomfortably, before his mind could drift back to memories of how Belle's lips felt against his. The soft texture, the gentle warmth, her chocolate brown eyes melting as she looked into his.

But the memories overpowered his mind before he had a chance to stop them.

*Flashback*

"Aden I hate picnics!" groaned Belle as he arrived in her kitchen with a very large picnic basket.

"Well your going to love this one because it's with me," said Aden, grinning.

Belle groaned again as he took her hand and pulled her out the back door.

"Where are we having this picnic?" asked Belle, as they walked along the path, Aden's arm looped around her shoulders lightly.

"The beach of course," said Aden. "I'm not going to miss a chance to see you in your bikini!"

"What makes you think I'm wearing one?"

"Because babe I bought that one you loved last week, and you've been dying for an excuse to wear it since!" said Aden.

Belle grinned despite herself.

Aden saw it and kissed her on the forehead.

"Here we are," said Aden, plonking the picnic basket down on the soft warm sand.

As Aden laid down the red checked picnic, Belle stripped off her dress to reveal the pink and blue Roxy bikini that Aden had bought her. She watched as he pulled off his shirt to reveal the heart melting muscle on his stomach.

Taking his hand she pulled him down the beach. Gatthering speed, they crashed in the waves. Reappearing from under the water, they burst out into histerical laughing.

Pulling Belle closer with the hand he still held, he leaned in and kissed her passionately. Her soft, gentle lips moving in synchronization with his.

*Flashback over*

Aden reluctantly opened his eyes and he was back in the present.

Seeing that Nicole and Geoff were now locked together in a very innapropriate position, Aden coughed loudly.

They pulled apart, Geoff blushing, Nicole grinning triumphantly. However they remained holding hands.

"Sorry," said Nicole, now looking a bit embarassed.

Aden smiled at her lightly.

"It's alright Nic," he said. "It's just a bit hard sometimes."

"Yeah," said Nicole smiling at him understandingly. "Well your really doing great Aden."

Geoff nodded agreeingly.

"Everyone's really so proud of you," said Nicole. "Belle would be too."

"Yeah," said Aden. "I hope so."

"C'mon, lets go to the Diner," said Geoff, standing up and pulling Nicole up with him. "I haven't had a slice of their chocolate cake for ages!"

Nicole rolled her eyes at him. Aden grinned.

"Yeah, lets!" agreed Aden. "Geoff you can pay for us all this time!"

"Hey!" exclaimed Geoff, as they all left the house.

"I second that notion!" said Nicole, laughing.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!

xxx

Archived