May Stone - Alin Sumarwata

I'm surprised there isn't a topic already about May. So.......what do we think? Does she have ulterior motives to being in the Bay and hooking up with Angelo almost immediately? Do we know anything about her background? Or has she just been thrown into the mix to make Charlie jealous?

Personally, I find the character annoying.......whether this is because the actor is over-acting, or whether it's because the character is MEANT to be annoying, I'm not sure. There have been moments where May has shown maturity and depth, in particular when Angelo was explaining to her about his pain over Jack's death, and she chose to accept that part of him and move on.

If Angelo does break up with her to be with Charlie, what would happen? Would she crack onto the next available male within reach? Would she leave the Bay? Or would her teaching position "conveniently" end, allowing her to leave the Bay anyway???

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pathetically obvious that she is a barely disguised plot device designed to inspire jealousy in Charlie and get her together with Angelo. I predict that as soon as those two get together, May will conveniently disappear.

I don't particularly like her but I feel sorry for her.

Edited by luckyrabbit

It's pathetically obvious that she is a barely disguised plot device designed to inspire jealousy in Charlie and get her together with Angelo. I predict that as soon as those two get together, May will conveniently disappear.

I don't particularly like her but I feel sorry for her.

Alin Sumarwata

Is that her name

HEHE :lol:

Edited by john003au

That May automatically hooked up with Angelo in her first episode said to me she was around for bigger and better reasons than that surely. Why would anyone pick Angelo, let alone someone new to the town? She has only been in the show a few weeks, but her character, to me at least, has me thinking she is there for 'another' reason, supposedly trying to hook up with Angelo, is a side issue, a cover for her being more central in the show.

As for her seen as 'annoying' and some 'cringe acting', I don't think she would be alone there in the show, all the characters can do the 'annoying' at times, and some 'cringe' acting, whether that be intentional or unintentional, who knows with HAA. May to me so far has been more 'a character', 'an actress' finding her way in a show, 'new' characters in HAA are always found to be questionable, and the regulars preferred, the show needs a mixture of both to grow.

In a way, May, unless she is in fact in the show, for a 'bigger' reason, the show's year long story, I think she was wasted re the Angelo angle played, the show could of actually done with a Teacher in the show, which she is, and that explored, Miles is spread over so many different storylines at times, that he is a Teacher, is pretty thin most of the time in the show.

That her sole purpose in the show, was to get the creep Angelo and Charlie together, has me more thinking, what a waste of a character and actress in the show.

That her sole purpose in the show, was to get the creep Angelo and Charlie together, has me more thinking, what a waste of a character and actress in the show.

I agree with this, but if the writers did ultimately want to re-unite Charlie and Angelo, how else could they have done it? Since Angelo's arrival, Charlie began being cold towards him, then showed genuine concern for him during the whole Tony drama. She was still trying to push her attraction for him away due to what her head was telling her, but what tipped her over the edge was May's appearance in Angelo's life.

I really do hope she has another bigger role to play in the show, but if she leaves when and if Angelo and Charlie get back together, it would definitely be a bit of a waste of a character.

I missed her first episode - who was she replacing at the school? Is her position there temporary and did it mention how temporary it was?

I missed her first episode - who was she replacing at the school? Is her position there temporary and did it mention how temporary it was?

May's first ep-first scene, was being introduced to Miles by Bartlett - ....she will be subbing for us, while Mrs. Hartman is on Maternity Leave.

I like her. It seems like she's coming on a bit strong but if you think about it from her point of view, she doesn't know all the stuff we know as viewers about Angelo, Charlie, etc. All those looks Angelo gives of being unsure about May, only we see - May doesn't! As far as she knows, she's hit it off with this guy who has confided some deep personal stuff to her so it seems reasonable is she's thinking they're getting serious quite quickly.

I agree that it's a pity that she's going to be gone as suddenly as she arrived. Another teacher among the regular cast would be good. It's a bit weird that Miles doesn't have more teacher friends. It's the kind of job where you all hang out together and get quite close. Even if May became the teacher-equivalent to Dr Young! A regular guest character, I mean. You could have scenes where the teens are talking in her class, etc. Plus I think she's a beautiful woman and has a different look to the rest of the cast members, which would make the show more interesting.