Circles (by Skykat) - comments

I love music

Graphically written, Kat, tho I still stand by what I said when you first sent it to me for proofing - it would have been better to end with at the very least a glimmer of hope. So I hope you do find time to write the follow-up after your visit to Oz (can I go with you...? :P )

It was a very striking portrayal of a battered wife and certainly showed Irene in a way she's never been shown before. Powerful stuff. :)

That was superb. You have caught the despair and desperation of alcoholism extremely well. The lack of a glimmer of hope is a good thing at this juncture, Irene has to be at complete rock bottom before she comes up again. Is she there yet? I feel in your story she isnt quite ready to let go of the bottle, and has even further to descend into the mire before she make the long journey to recovery. I hope you do write the follow up, as the turning point would be remarkable. You have described everything so vividly and made her old life seem very real and painful.

That was excellent Kat, you and ILM are spoiling the Irene fans. As somone said in another thread, little has been said about Irene's early life so its good to read about how it might have been and your descriptions and the emotions which you evoke are very vivid.

That was a brilliant story Kat. :) I hope you are going to carry on with this.

I felt the realistic portrayal of emotions of someone who had dreams and has been cornered by the love of a man, the slow slip and the need for alcohol to numb everything, it becomes your center of life. As Bareen said you caught those emotions well as with the despair, she sounds at rock bottom, and is thinking of Daman, so is this were she at some point brings herself up again?

This is great because it gives a realistic idea of Irene's past, which is good to have a insight into cause no matter how much we love the Irene we know. She's got a past and not a nice one, but that's our admiration of her isn't it?

Edited by buffygirl

• 2 weeks later...

What a great read Sky Kat, I enjoyed it enormously, and read it several times, despite being interrupted by a bad tempted little one with chicken pox!

You have captured everything about the desperation of the alcoholic slipping to rock bottom, and the victim mentality when in an abusive relationship. I am intrigued to see where Damien is, and what triggers the ascent back into normality for her in your story. You have got to continue you this you know. :P

I only just found this. Great writing Skykat, I enjoyed it, Corey would have loved toying with Irene in this state :P Like the others I think you have to do the follow on, and say what happens next, you can't leave us wondering, its far too cruel of you if you do!

I only just found this. Great writing Skykat, I enjoyed it, Corey would have loved toying with Irene in this state :P Like the others I think you have to do the follow on, and say what happens next, you can't leave us wondering, its far too cruel of you if you do!

Oh, don't worry, after her holiday in Oz I'll hassle her until the second part is written... :P

Holiday?:P You'll be waiting two years then!

I am trying to write a second part but the chances of me getting it finished are slim, I have too much to do before I go. Thanks for the comments though, they're really appreciated.