Matilda Hunter - Indiana Evans

~Maddie~

I thought I would start a thread for Mattie Hunter, because I didn't notice a thread on here for her.

What in your opinion was her best storyline?

For me it was her burns/bulimia storyline, her portrayel of that made my heart melt, it was so real!

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

I loved Mattie. Not at first when she was a spoilt brat but from 2005/2006 she changed and I liked her. I think her bulimia storyline was really good. So realistic. Also after Beth died. She was so upset and Indiana Evans did a good job at portraying that. I quite liked her exit which was good as some characters don't get good send-offs. I still miss her :( Hopefully she will return for a visit in 2009. Though I highly doubt it.

I loved Mattie too. I think what made me like her so much was that she was just a normal girl even though she had been through so much. Losing both parents at such a young age, for example, could've caused her to become quite hostile and bitter, but it didn't for the most part and that was always something I admired about her.

I loved Mattie. Not at first when she was a spoilt brat but from 2005/2006 she changed and I liked her.

I started to warm to her a lot more after her spoilt brat phase was over too. I tried to warm to her in 2004, but it didn't really work! She definitely started to mature and become more 'wordly wise' if that's the right word from 2005 onwards, though. I'm not really sure what brought about that change in attitude, but it was like she felt more settled and included. We know she hated the idea of living in the Bay to begin with, but by 2005 I think she really came around to the idea that maybe it wasn't so bad and tried to adjust herself to it, which was an interesting change to see happen. She also started to respect people for the decisions they made instead of shooting them down, which is something she probably would've done in 2004 had she have gotten the chance, and on the whole just became a lot more likeable.

Her relationship with Lucas, both as a boyfriend and as a step brother, was probably one of the most interesting alongside Cassie and Ric. While I really enjoyed Lucas and Mattie as a couple - the banter and cutesy stuff I loved - it was only when they were apart that I realized that I preferred them separate. I don't know why, but I just liked them more when they were on their own and hanging out as friends. I'm still not sure, though, as to whether I preffered Ric and Mattie or Lucas and Mattie as a couple. I think both relationships showed a different side to all of the characters involved, particularly Matilda, but whether I liked one more over the other is hard to judge. When she was with Lucas, she wasn't as wise or grown up as she was with Ric and so everything felt more casual and laid back. But with Ric I felt her relationship was more strong and intense and lacked that playful and fun attitude she had with Lucas. So I'm on the fence :P.

What in your opinion was her best storyline?

My favourite storyline for Mattie is a toss up between the bulimia storyline and Beth's death. I don't think I can honestly pick out of those two, as I think they were each great in their own right. The bulimia storyline really got into Mattie's head as to how she viewed herself and the way in which she handled Beth dying was sort of an example of how she'd grown up and was able to face the world in a more confident way. For me, those storylines each showed something different about her character and were an absolute highlight of what a talented actress Indiana is, so I'm going to cheat and say both :D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry to ask. But I stasrted follow a very long wild ago. But still Home Away is two years behind Australia in Norway. I'm watching it on internett at the moment. There's one thing I can't figure out. Where did Henry go? What happened to the character? I know the actor wanted to focus at personal studies now. But the character? And why doesn't Mattie ever talk about him?

Thanks!

- Annie.

I think Henry went to a dance school or boarding school but don't quote me cause I'm not 100% sure and Matilda doesn't speak about him probably because most past characters dont get mentioned. They seem to forget about them.

But I would love for Henry and Matilda to both return

I miss Mattie. Like the rest of you, it wasn't until after her spoilt brat phase that I started to like her.

I've really enjoyed most of her storylines, from her rebelious stage after Ric and Cassie got together to her bulimia and her relationship with Lucas. I always lover her and Luc together but when that fizzled out I began to love her with Ric. I agree with bttb-rox!, you could see the difference in maturity in the two relationships and I think it really showed Mattie growing up.

One of my favourite episodes with her is when I think (bad memory warning!) her, Ric, Cassie and Luc are playing truth or dare and she has to stand on a chair in the diner and sing :lol: I loved watching that.

• 2 months later...

^ As much as I would like to see Mattie back, I don't think it is going to happen. It would actually be pretty disappointing if she did return because I like the thought of her being out in the world, making her own way. All her other siblings are off doing their own thing, she doesn't really have much reason to go back. Sure, dropping in on Tony would be nice, but given his own son isn't coming back pretty much stitches that up.

Matilda is quite possibly one of my favourite Home and Away characters of all time. Watching her mature over the years was quite something. Indiana is a fantastic actress.

I think I have to agree with Jen it would be a shame to see her come back. Matilda needed to go and explore the world and Indi was probably ready for another project. I was happy with the ending she got and I would hope they don't ever bring her back and ruin it.

• 3 months later...

I really liked Matilda. She's another character who I felt we actually got to see slowly growing up over time rather then overnight. I found her to be a bit selfish and immature at times but for most part I thought she was great and really enjoyed watching her. She did become kinda boring during her last months on the show so by the time she left I wasn't too sad about it. And I liked the ending they gave her.

I was happy with the ending she got and I would hope they don't ever bring her back and ruin it.

I have to agree with this. While it would be nice to see her again I'd rather they didn't bring her back for this very reason.