Aden Jefferies - Todd Lasance

Foxy

It's so hard to believe that a plot device to complicate matters for Ric and Cassie has turned into such a magnificent character. Aden is everything I could want in a character and so much more and the storylines he has been handed this year have been nothing short of brilliance. What started as a sexual abuse revelation storyline (though I should stress I never saw it as simplistically as that) has grown over the course of a few months into a full blown psychological analysis of what I would boldly state as one of the finest characters Home and Away has ever produced - we know and have been embroiled in Aden's family history, we know what motivates him and exactly what makes him tick. And yet the beauty of this is that he always remains quite unpredictable - despite the emotional work the character has undergone he has lost none of his edge. Whilst Aden and his journey can be accredited to the writers, the way in which it has been pulled off on screen is most certainly down to Todd Lasance, an outstanding young actor who I feel is destined for big things.

Does everyone else feel so postively about Aden or has he not been as well received by others as by me?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

It's so hard to believe that a plot device to complicate matters for Ric and Cassie has turned into such a magnificent character. Aden is everything I could want in a character and so much more and the storylines he has been handed this year have been nothing short of brilliance. What started as a sexual abuse revelation storyline (though I should stress I never saw it as simplistically as that) has grown over the course of a few months into a full blown psychological analysis of what I would boldly state as one of the finest characters Home and Away has ever produced - we know and have been embroiled in Aden's family history, we know what motivates him and exactly what makes him tick. And yet the beauty of this is that he always remains quite unpredictable - despite the emotional work the character has undergone he has lost none of his edge. Whilst Aden and his journey can be accredited to the writers, the way in which it has been pulled off on screen is most certainly down to Todd Lasance, an outstanding young actor who I feel is destined for big things.

Does everyone else feel so postively about Aden or has he not been as well received by others as by me?

Totally agree. I think the way Aden swings between good and bad makes him facinating because you can never quite tell how he will react in any given situation. There are some characters where you just know they will do the right/wrong thing in the end but with Aden it could always go either way. It's great it just adds that extra edge and tension to a scene.

I think the way that the show has explored his past and the make up of his character has been great. I particularly enjoy his relationships with other characters - the family relationship with Roman/Nicole, the first love with Belle, the friendship with Melody and particularly the more fraught relationship with his father. All of the Larry/Aden interaction has been amazing. I loved the way that despite all the anger and hatred and faliure you always got the sense that deep down they loved each other deeply.

Todd is a fantastic actor and has really brought the character to life. I also love that he seems to have tons of chemistry with everyone he has had scenes with so far. I particularly enjoy his chemistry with Jessica and Tessa whenever he's with either of these two the screen lights up.

OK, so can I start!

I love the character of Aden, and I think 80% of the reason I'm a fan of Adelle, is because of Aden.

The writers have really created a fantastic character with so much depth over the last year, trumping themselves completely with the sexual abuse storyline (one of the best arcs they've ever done IMO). Probably my favourite thing about Aden is his fiery nature, and I'm glad that he doesn't seem to have lost that as he has grappled and overcome his issues.

However I would say that Todd Lasance's acting is probably the one contributing factor that has made Aden such a fantastic, believable, emotional character, and I totally agree that he is destined for bigger and greater things, should the (very) sad day ever comes that he decides to leave SB. (Hopefully a long, long, long way off!)

Aden has to be my favourite character on H&A at the moment. Its amazing how in 2005 with the whole Cassie thing I hated him but ever since he helped Annie that day I have fallen for him! He is such a brilliant character, how you don't know how he is going to react in situations, how he has different relationships with people and much more. The way they have played this storyline out has been magnificent, it hasn't been forgotten like the one with Cassie.

Todd has just been brilliant! He has put his heart and soul into Aden and has acted it superbly e.g the kidnapping, the trial, the counselling sessions and many more. Todd is the best actor on H&A and deserves a Logie for his performance.

I love him. I seriously do. After Nicole, he's my favourite character and I have to say that Todd Lasance's outstanding performance is what has allowed for this to happen. Aden, not only has easily the most complex personality in the whole of H&A but also, despite the fact that he's finally comfronted his demons, becoming a much nicer person in the process, he still retains a little of his enfant terrible persona which makes him adorable.

Also, I love the nicknames he uses: Sweet Lips for Belle, Princess for Nicole and Bible Boy for Geoff. Also, he does have hilarious lines like when he proposed Belle and Nicole to wrestle their issues out just as long as he got to watch. Things like these are what make me love him so much. Now,I want him to be happy so I really hope Belle will realise that she really needs to focus on him and forget about her 'Greenpeace Mode' for a bit.

Regarding Nicole, like I've said in her thread, he really cares about her and I think he's starting to view her as the little sister he never had and I love watching their interactions nearly as much as I like seeing him without a t-shirt! :P

^ That was like me. I signed up to BttB a couple of years ago, forgot about it for awhile, and came back this year all because of Aden!

I think the way Aden has been written in the abuse storyline is near to faultless. Unlike the Cassie storyline, this one hasn't been forgotten, and it explains why the character Aden is the way he is. I also like he hasn't turned into a 'good guy' instantly- even though he is nicer than he used to be, he still retains the Aden edge that he had in the beginning. He really is quite a complex character- you still don't know how he will react in any given situation, which makes his character all the more intriguing. As Frogg said, I loved his relationship with his father- they were both so broken, which made them closer than they ever really knew.

Todd is fantastic- he does it with such conviction, that during those highly emotional/intense scenes, sometimes you forget that you're watching an actor portraying a character- a sign of a truly amazing actor.

Todd Lasance, well what can I say about him apart from the fact that he set off my mid-life crisis for being so incredibly gorgeous...

Being serious now, I do not watch any soaps except for Home and Away and I used to only watch it on and off. Since Aden became more of a regular character I have been more and more interested. Todd has managed to portray a very complex character in an outstanding way. He went from being bullish, angry and aggressive to being fragile and in emotional turmoil, then on the mend and caring. Todd Lasance manages to act all the different Adens we see in a very credible way. I think and hope for him that he will do very well in his career after Home and Away.

I think we could all write an in depth thousand word essay on how brilliant Todd's acting is. I don't see Todd on my tv I see Aden, its all Aden and it's all real. The guy is a genius, that's all I'm going to say.

I'm liking this new side to Aden, the caring and compassionate Aden, the sweet side that comes out when he's with Belle. I love how protective he has become of her, an yet he doesn't smother her. And I love his little family with Roman and Nic, they all have such great non-sexual chemistry with each other. I love how arrogant and cheeky he still is, he hasn't changed completely. Having a go at Angelo at the meeting was asking for trouble, but entertaining none the less :D

I am a huge fan of Aden, he is my 2nd favourite charactor in the whole show

The way that Todd Lasance portrays the charactor of Aden is simply brilliant. He can show a soft caring side (like with Belle) or anger (like with his dad) or even fear (like when he spoke about his grandfather)

Keep up the good work Todd :)