Jack Holden - Paul O'Brien

emmasi

Jackie! One third of the Holden trio - possibly the most shameless matchmaking device ever employed by the writers, brining in a family of three swinging bachelors who just happened to find an instant attraction to three of the bay's more lonely females. Beth died after a few good years with Tony, and Mattie ditched Lucas because he went a bit nuts, but Martha stuck it out with Jack - off and on (VERY off and on...) - through serial killers, psycho spouses, and now devastating illness. Aww...

But that's a whole other thread.

Jack's been the resident cop for the past three years, and while Charlie and Angelo are stepping on his toes a bit these days (poor boy has to stay home and make coffee because they just don't need him at the station anymore) he still looks good in the uniform!

It took me a long, long time, but I like Jack. I think it's more to do with seeing Paul O'Brien's sense of humour coming through between the lines, rather than anything that's been written for the character though. Jack's... not the brightest spark. It is kind of endearing though, like one of those dogs who chases after a tennis ball, even though it never left your hand...

:)

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have liked Jack from the beginning a cute new resident and cop. The off and on and on and off saga of there realationship has kept me intrested. Jack at the moment is being very supportive of Martha. I think by far he is the cutest and hottest. Hopefully Jack will stick around Summer Bay for a while yet.

I really like Jack. He's very sweet and his heart is in the right place. Plus being cute helps! I don't think he knows what he is doing half the time though, and he can sometimes come across as being a bit silly and naive. But he believes in himself and his job, and tends to act with his heart rather than his head sometimes.

He's been through a hell of a journey since his arrival in the bay though! And he's come out of it all pretty well i have to say. I actually love the relationship between him and Martha. They're meant to be together, and i think dealing with everything in between has just made them stronger. I hope they don't kill him off. It would destroy too many other lives in the bay. Not fun.

I also love the relationship he has with Tony. It seems rare in soaps these days for families to get on, so it's really nice they have such a strong relationship. I think it's lovely the way the 4 of them (Tony/Rach, Martha/Jack) all get along and are genuine friends.

I am a fan off Jacks and have been from the beginning. I know he is focusing on Marthas illness but I would like for him to have his own little storyline. We never see him at the police station much any more.

I also thinks he needs to take his shirt off more :wub: Hope he will be around for a long time.

He must be superman with what he has been through

Rumours abound that he will be shot dead

I would be devastated. I really, really am fond of Jack. He's what got me hooked on the show again after not watching it for a few years.

According to Wikipedia, Paul O'Brien leaves in January and returns in April, so there is a good chance that Jack could go into witness protection unless they find someone else to portray him for three months.

It took me a long, long time, but I like Jack. I think it's more to do with seeing Paul O'Brien's sense of humour coming through between the lines, rather than anything that's been written for the character though. Jack's... not the brightest spark. It is kind of endearing though, like one of those dogs who chases after a tennis ball, even though it never left your hand...

:)

Hahaha, I cracked up after reading that Emmasi. It definitely has Jack written all over it.

But I used to dislike Jack too, but recently I've warmed to him. His support for Martha is endearing and he is maturing as well. This was seen especially when he told Martha about Roman lending her the money instead of trying to hang on to his pride. His police work is improving too lol.