Guest jenlee

Story Title: Twenty Seven Bobby Pins

Type of story: Short, one shot

Main Characters: Belle/Aden

BTTB rating: T/A

Genre: General

Spoilers: Nope

Warnings: Slight swearing

Summary: Is it really worth it if you have to have twenty seven bobby pins in your hair?

So I'm having a little trouble with the next chapter on Chances but this cute little one shot came into my mind and I had to write it and I thought (hoped) you all might appreciate it too lol. Please let me know what you think. If you liked it, if it could have been better, whatever. I like to know these things, it helps my writing.

There were twenty seven bobby pins in her hair. Twenty seven! How was that right? Oh that’s right, it wasn’t. That was all there was to it. Twenty seven bobby pins in one persons hair was not o.k. Nor was it normal. Though when she thought about it, how much of her life had been normal? She chuckled, the whole town knew the answer to that one.

Then there was the amount of makeup she was wearing. While doing her makeup for her, her mum had said that she would need at least twice the amount she would normally wear ‘for the photo’s’ whatever the hell that meant. At least she had let her keep her own colours, she could just imagine what her face would look like had she let her mother choose her eye shadow for her. She cringed at the thought. Then cringed again at her feet.

She had been so distracted these last few days that she had forgotten to wear her new shoes in. By the end of the day her feet were bound to be covered in red, weepy blisters. Real attractive, she thought to herself, already picturing them in her head. The lavender scented, bath salt filled, foot spa that her mum had offered her the night before, when she was much to busy to take it, was now sounding like heaven on earth.

Although were she to have the lavender scented, bath salt filled, foot spa, it would mean probably having to take off her dress and there was absolutely no way she was going to do that. The back of the dress had been such a chore to do up that the mere thought of doing it again was enough to make her mentally turn down the heaven on earth she was picturing. In fact Johnny Depp himself, her ultimate older man, could personally come along and offer to rub her feet for her and she would turn him down if it meant having to take off her dress.

Of course she could keep her dress on and bunch it up around her waist but it was rather long and bits would till hang down and be ruined by the lavender scent and bath salts from the spa or the luxurious oils Johnny Depp would defiantly be using. Yes, she thought to herself, luxurious oils. It was her fantasy after all and she wanted Johnny Depp and luxurious oils.

Speaking of her dress, it was starting to make her sweat and she was beginning to wish she had taken the advice given to her and worn nothing under it instead of the underwear she was wearing. Admittedly it would be worth it later tonight but right now, on what was turning out to be the hottest day of the summer, she was thoroughly regretting what she had chosen.

The dress was also kind of making her itch. The tie at the back of her neck was short and tickled like a bitch. Yet every time she reached up to scratch her itch she came out disappointed due to the fake nails a certain mother of hers had insisted she get. In all honesty the nails looked great, she had even been considering making them a semi-regular thing until she realised how useless they were at scratching. How do woman do this? she thought to herself, the damn things are blunter than a bloody sponge.

The fact that it had cost her $75 to get them done had also put a dampener on it. Then again the whole thing was costing more than she would have liked. There was just so much to pay for. The flowers, the help, food, drinks, the license, her dress, the underwear, shoes and about a million other little things that she simply couldn’t fathom paying as much as they did for them. Of course her mum had pushed to pay for everything but she was too damn stubborn to let her. They were alike in that way.

All in all this whole day was beginning to hardly seem worth it. The painful bobby pins in her hair, the over excessive make up, her poor achy feet. Not to mention the parts of her that were sweating that were best left unmentioned.

A knock on her door shook her out of her mood and she was asked weather or not she was ready to leave. Nodding she stood up, grabbing what she needed and half walked half hobbled outside. From there they walked the very short distance to the beach together, stopping halfway so she could take off her shoes and throw them in a bush. They were going to be in the sand anyway and going barefoot was better than heels any day. Plus if she was going to ruin her dress someway, this was the best way to do it.

They reached the small group of people gathered on the beach waiting for them and caught her mothers eye, seeing nothing but love. She was glad her mum understood why it was not her walking her to her destination that day.

Slowly the group parted for her and her previous thoughts disappeared. Every negative though or feeling that had run through her body that day had been worth it after all. The hair, the sore feet, even the unmentionably sweaty places. It was all worth it and now she could see why. In fact she would happily put her shoes back on and stand on her sore feet, sweating in her bad choice of underwear and long dress if she had to. Because it would have been worth it.

Her companion took her hand and together they walked through the parted crowd, her attention focused on what was ahead rather than anyone around them, they came to a rest in front of three men and another woman. Four people but she only really saw one of them. Her companion let go of her hand and it was eagerly grabbed by the person she was unable to take her eyes of off. She could hear one of the other men talking but was not registering a word he was saying . She was unable to focus on anything but the man right in front of her.

It wasn’t until she heard her name repeated that she realised it was her turn to speak. She continued to stare into the eyes of the man before her, smiled softly and began to say what she had to say.

“I Belle, take you Aden, to be my husband…”

Comments

Archived