Guest maccaz

Title: Black Hole

Type Of Story: Long

Main Characters: Ric, Matilda, Belle, Drew, Annie, Geoff, Lucas

BTTB Rating: A (V/D) (L) (SC)

Genre: Drama

Spoilers: No

Any Warnings: Not suitable for under 15's

Summary: The teens of the Bay are in shock when one of their own commits suicide. But nothing is as it seems...

OK. The reason I am doing this is because I have noticed a lot of people who did not read the original version of this fic are reading its' sequel "The Trials Of Summer Bay". Therefore, with those people in mind, I have decided to post an edited version of this fic in order to get it wider exposure. I have edited some things out to ensure that this fic complies with the A rating - these edits will not affect the storyline.

A/N: The timeline of my fic is not the same as that of the show. Lucas is slightly older than the others, and has just come home from his first year of University.

71ca60a4.jpg

Credit to Luc for the banner. smile.gif

Chapter One

Geoff and Annie Campbell walked out of the school grounds after another boring day at school. "You excited to see Lucas?" Geoff asked. "Yeah, of course!" Annie replied excitedly. Geoff smiled. Lucas Holden, a budding writer had just come home from his first year of University study. He meant everything to his friends, as Geoff recalled the large coming home party they had for him. They had a right royal feast layed on for him. Collen fussed around him, saying that "You'll soon be a Summer Bay identity Lucas - just like me!" Geoff had a chuckle to himself as he remembered Alf's sardonic reply: "If people like you are identities, Colleen, I think young Lucas would be glad not to be one!"

"Hey, wait up!" Belle Taylor came running up to them, her long black hair fluttering in the cool summer's breeze. "Where are you two going? You're supposed to help Irene at the Diner." "Cool your jets, Belle." Annie replied. "We're on our way to see Lucas. care to join us?" Geoff continued. "That has to be better than being called "Bibleboy" all day!" "Okay, I'll come with you...Bibleboy." Belle replied. 'STOP CALLING ME THAT!!" Geoff laughed. "What, Bibleboy?" Annie laughed.

As they approached the Holden house, Annie turned to Geoff: "Do you want to come in?" She asked. "No thanks, I'll wait." Geoff replied, and felt stupid for saying so. He still blamed Lucas for getting pushed in front of Brad Armstrong's car last year. It's not natural for a Christian like me to hold on to such hate. he thought to himself.

Just then, he heard two piercing screams from inside the house. He ran in just in time to find Belle and Annie completely destraught on the floor. Lucas was lying unconscious on the floor. Belle was shaking his body, screaming: "Lucas...Lucas!!...Please wake up!!!" Annie ran straight into Geoff's arms for comfort.

"****! What happened here??" Geoff exclaimed, the shock of the situation causing him to swear.

"It's Lucas." Belle sobbed. "He's overdosed on heroin."

End of Chapter One

Edits: A description of the needle lying in Lucas' vomit has been edited out.

I thought as much, but how will that effect the Melody storyline? Dont want to give to much away... oh well, just have to wait and see 'cos like it or not im going to read this XD even though I read the Uncut version

P.S how cool is that? you have a uncut and cut version , its so cool... or it might just be me....

Chapter 2

Ric was sitting on the couch at Summer Bay house. He was tired, and he had just returned from a hard days work. Just then, Matilda entered the room and began kissing his neck. Ric smiled. He loved it when she was in moods like this.

"Mmmm....Mattie, that feels so good..." He muttered contentedly. Matilda then sat down next to him and began rubbing his leg. "Does this mean you want to take this upstairs or something?" "Sure, why not." Ric replied. "I just LOVE it when you do that." They then rushed up to Ric's room and locked the door.

"Now." Matilda began. "Before we do this, do...do you have protection?"

"Yeah, of course." Ric replied.

Eventually, they got down to business. All of a sudden, her cellphone rang.

"I'll get that." Matilda called. She ran over and saw that it was a call from Belle.

"Stupid Belle, harshing our buzz." She muttered to herself before answering it.

"Hello..Oh hi Belle! How's things? You'll have to speak up, though, I'm wearing a towel." She joked. Her voice then became more serious. "What's wrong...Oh my God! When did this happen?...That's horrible! Me and Ric'll be there right away!" She hung up, and started putting her clothes back on.

"Hey, hope my anaconda didn't scare ya." Ric joked. He then saw that Matilda was visibly upset. "Are...are you okay, Mattie?"

Matilda then burst into tears. "No, I'm not alright Ric! That was Belle. Lucas killed himself!"

"****! You're kidding me!" Ric exclaimed in shock. "What..what happened?

"He overdosed on heroin. Belle, Annie and Geoff found his body and...oh Ric!" She flung herself around his shoulders and sobbed uncontrollably.

"There, there Mattie. It'll be alright." Ric satated, comforting her, as he wondered how their perfect world cold be turned upside down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew was going for a run along th beach, his long black hair flapping in the summer breeze. Just then he received a text message from Leah.

Drew, u need 2 cum hme now. Itz urgent

Leah

Drew hurried back home, to see what was so urgent it could possibly distract him from looking at the hot girls of Summer Bay. He arrived home to find Leah there with Peter and Amanda. All three were looking serious.

"What's going on, guys?" Drew asked. "You're scaring me."

Leah stepped forward. "I am so sorry Drew."

"Why? What's happened?"

Peter took a deep breath. He was trying to find the right words.

"Son...Lucas killed himself. He overdosed on heroin."

A horrible realisation began to dawn on Drew. "No..."

"I'm so sorry."

"No! No! This can't be happening!" Drew kicked the wall in frustration and ran outside, where he collapsed on the deck and began crying. Peter caught up, and hugged his son. "It's alright, Drew. I'll take you to the hospital." he helped Drew to his feet and led him towards his car.

"Why'd he do it, Dad?" he cried, tears running down his face. "Why'd he top himself?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in London, Cassie was breastfeeding her 6 month old baby daughter, Caitlin. "Sssshhh, ssssshhhhh, drink up, there's a good girl." All of a sudden, her foster mother, Sally Fletcher piped up. "Told you motherhood would be hard, Cassie." she laughed. "Not as hard as some things." Cassie replied, smiling a wan smile. Sally knew excatly what she meant. To say that Cassie had had a tough life would be an understatement of the highest order. She had grown up in the Northern Territory, where she had been sexually abused by her uncle. She had then moved to Summer Bay, where she had gotten into a physically abusive relationship with a man named Macca. Then she started going out with Henk, from whom she had contracted HIV. Thankfully, Caitlin was born HIV negative.

Just then, the phone rang. Sally answered it.

"Hello?...Hey Ric!...Oh no!...Oh, that's horrible! I'm so sorry!..........Yeah, of course I'll come back." She hung up.

"Who was that Sal?" Cassie asked.

"That was Ric. Lucas...Lucas is dead."

"Oh my God! How'd he die?"

"Overdosed on heroin. Terrible way to die."

"That's horrible! How's Mattie coping?" Thoughts of Matilda instantly flashed into Cassie's head.

"Not too well, I'm afraid. Ric...Ric asked me to represent the school at the funeral because Martin Bartlett is on leave. We're going back to Summer Bay."

"Count me in!" Cassie stated. "I need to comfort Mattie face to face. Plus I can show off Caitlin!"

"Every cloud has a silver lining, huh Cassie?" Sally remarked. "Pack your bags, we're leaving tomorrow."

Sally smiled as Cassie cooed at Caitlin: "Good news! We're going on a plane ride!"

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at Summer Bay hospital, where Lucas' body was being kept, Tony and Jack had just arrived.

"Tony, Jack, I'm so sorry." Rachel stated. She, unbeknowst to Tony, was deep in love with him.

"That's alright, Rachel." Tony stated, still shocked by the news. "Can...can we see him?" Jack asked.

"Sure you can." replied Rachel, gulping back tears as she did so. "Right this way." She then showed Tony into the morgue, where Lucas' body rest on a gurney. Tony and Jack were shocked to see their much loved son and brother, once full of life, reduced to an empty husk of a person.

"My son...my son!!" Tony could no longer restrain himself as he cried, a broken man. Heavy sobs racked his masculine body. Jack held him tight, barely choking back tears himself: "No, Dad, you've...you've got to be strong." Rachel was watching all this sadly unfold. She hated watching the man she loved suffer so much.

Tony and Jack, however, were not the only ones grieving. Everyone was trying to cope with the tragedy. Annie was desperately pouring her heart out to Irene. "When we found his body it...it was so scary. I was afraid he might not wake up again. And he didn't!" Tears bult up in her eyes as she was saying this. "Oh, sweetheart." Irene replied as she hugged her. "I've seen plenty of people pass away in this town, and believe me, every one of them hurts. It's like I knew them all personally."

Meantime, Amanda was hugging a clearly traumatised Belle as she cried uncontrollably: "It..it was so horrible, Mum! I walked in and saw Lucas lying there with...with...with the needle. I never want to see anything like that again as along as I live!!!" "I'm so sorry, Belle." Amanda gulped. She hated seeing her daughter suffer like this.

Meanwhile, Alf Stewart and Morag Bellingham were watching this sad scene.

"This whole thing...it's a flamin' tragedy, Morag." Alf muttered in shock. "I mean, Lucas was so young. He had his life ahead of him. Why would he do something like this?"

"Ah, your guess is as good as mine, Alfred." Morag replied. "Sometimes teenagers do crazy things."

When Belle had finished crying, she went over to talk to Matilda while Ric was in the toilet. Her eyes were red from crying as well.

"Hey Mattie."

"Hey Belle."

"Bad day?"

"The worst."

"Got that right." Belle hesitated slightly. "Mattie, do...do you remember when I first came here? How I was such a bitch to you and Cassie?"

"Yes..." Matilda replied. She remembered the old Belle all too well.

"Well, I want to apologise. I was completely rude to you two for my own sake. But today I've learned that life's too precious to worry about minor arguments."

"Yeah, well," Matilda replied, "I want to apologise for slapping you that day."

"So...you forgive me?"

"Yep."

Just then Geoff stood up. "Why don't we have a prayer ring on the lawn outside? To remember Lucas." Everyone murmered in agreement. As they filed out, Geoff thought: I feel so sorry for everyone here today. Their lives will be changed forever because of this. As they all congregated on the lawn, Geoff spoke.

"Okay, now in order for this to be really work, you need to hold hands with the person you care about the most."

So they linked arms accordingly - Geoff-Annie-Irene-Belle-Amanda-Peter-Drew-Ric-Matilda-Alf-Morag. Geoff closed his eyes and began to pray:

Dear God

We thank You for the life of Lucas Holden. Lucas was many things to many people - a student, a friend, a confidant, a son, a brother. We also pray that You will send Your divine love to heal the hearts of the people of this town.

Amen.

Then everyone embraced, and they all went their separate ways to reflect upon the events of that horrible day.

End of Chapter 2.

Edits: - The scene where Matilda asks Ric if he has protection is edited to remove Ric's line "Damned if I can find anything big enough" and a subsequent line referring explicitly to genetalia.

- The sex scene between Ric and Matilda is more detailed in the uncut version.

To hell with it, I'll just go ahead and post...

Chapter 3

Belle was walking up towards Stewart's Point. She needed to put the horrible events of the last few hours out of her mind. She needed to distract herself. All of a sudden, she saw a bright light shining off in the distance. She turned and followed it, hoping it could give her some sort of sign. What she saw scared her out of her mind.

"Oh my God...!!" she gasped in horror. "Lucas...!!"

What she saw was Lucas in hell, being tortured for the supposed sin of suicide. She watched on, transfixed in fear. Just then, an apparition of the Devil appeared before Belle.

"You may have one minute." the beast spoke in a low roar. Lucas then appeared before her.

"Oh Luc...!!" She began, her voice still trembling from what she had just witnessed. "I'm so sorry!"

"A bit too late for "sorry" now isn't it?" Lucas snapped angrily.

"I...I don't understand." Belle had no idea what he was talking about.

"Don't be stupid, Belle! You dumped me for that slacker Drew! Seeing you two together it...it drove me to despair. That's why I'm here now!"

"I...I had no idea something like this could happen." Belle cried.

"Yeah, well, now you do." Lucas then appeared in hell to resume his torture...

Belle then woke up, screaming and covered in a cold sweat. It had only been a nightmare. But it seemed so real to her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Sydney Airport, Ric and Matilda were standing around in the arrivals lounge, waiting for Sally and Cassie to disembark from their plane.

"I'm really excited to see Sal and Cass again." Ric stated, as he saw them walking through a see-through airbridge. "Yeah, me too." Matilda concurred. "I only wish it was under better circumstances." Just then, they saw the pair walking towards them. Cassie handed baby Caitlin to Sally, as she needed both hands free to hug Ric and Matilda.

"Mattie, I'm so sorry." Cassie began as she threw her arms around Matilda's shoulders. "How are you holding up?"

"Alright, all things considered. It's good to see you too, Sally."

"Nice to see you again too, Matilda." Sally replied. "I only wish it were under better circumstances."

"Oh, Ric!" Cassie exclaimed. "How's it going?"

"Yes, I'm fine, Cass. And you?"

"Good, thanks."

"Are you behaving yourself, Ric?" Sally laughed.

"Yes, Master." Ric remarked sardonically. "I've been a good little boy, haven't I, Mattie?"

"Yes, you have." Matilda laughed. She then saw Caitlin in Sally's arms. "Is that Caitlin? She's so cute!!" Matilda squealed. "Can...can I hold her?"

"I think so." Sally tentatively handed over Caitlin into Matilda's arms. Matilda felt excited to be holding something so small and fragile in her arms...until Caitlin bought up her breakfast on Matilda's dress.

"Look at that!" Cassie laughed. "I think she likes you!!"

"Likes her dress more like." Ric remarked sarcastically. "Why don't I get to hold her?"

"Because if you did, her nappy would soon resemble a dump." Matilda joked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belle walked into Noah's and walked over to Martha at the counter. "One smoothie please."

As Belle took out her money to pay, Martha interrupted her.

"Oh no. It's free today. You know, on account of yesterday. I am Jack's wife, after all. I'm just as sad about it as you."

"Okay..." Belle took her free smoothie. "Thanks, Martha."

As she was walking to her car, she heard a gruff voice interrupt. "Taylor."

"Drew?" She began, but soon looked disappointed. "Oh. It's YOU, Aden. What do you want? I'm running late."

The blonde haired Aden looked aloof, with his bag slung over his left shoulder. Just your typical rebellious schoolboy.

"I'm sorry your bookworm friend topped himself." Aden began. "But now he's gone, there's more room for eligible bachelors like me around here."

"You know what Aden? You're disgusting!" Belle screamed, the memory of yesterday and Lucas' dead body still haunting her. "Where the **** do you get off telling other people how to feel??" She jumped in her car angrily and drove off. She turned on the radio to ease her mind.

It's 8:20 here on Yabbie Creek FM. Now here's some Aerosmith - "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing". This song is going out to Lucas Holden, who's probably listening to this with the big guy as we speak.

The mournful opening chords of the song started up. Belle felt a lump forming in her throat. That song was his favourite.

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away and dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in this moment forever

Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure.

Don't want to close my eyes

Don't want to fall asleep

Because I'd miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing.

Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream will never do

I'd still miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing.

That was about all Belle could hold on for. She pulled her car over to the side of the road, rested her head on the steering wheel and let the tears flow freely once more. When she had finished, she picked up her cellphone to call her boss at the Coastal News.

"Hello, Gavin? It's Belle. I...I don't want to come in to work today. I don't feel up to it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew took a deep breath and walked into Summer Bay High School. There was only one topic of conversation on every one's lips - Lucas Holden. Everyone, it seemed, loved him, with one notable exception - Aden Jeffries.

"Looks like there's only room for one blonde haired spunk in Summer Bay." Aden joked.

"PUT A SOCK IN IT JEFFRIES!!!" Drew yelled as he pushed Aden up against the locker. A couple of nearby students restrained Drew, but not before he delivered the following threat: "If you EVER disrespect my friends' memory again, I'll ****ing kill you!"

Later, Drew saw Miles Copeland, Sally's twin brother and a teacher at the school, emerge from a classroom.

"Mr. Copeland." Drew began. "Just so you know, Sally's coming back for the funeral since Bartlett's on leave."

"Oh, okay." Miles replied. "That's good...all things considered." He had never taught Lucas, but he had met him once or twice, and had a very high opinion of him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Miss Fletcher." Annie panted, as she saw Sally and Cassie at the Diner. "How are things?"

"I'm doing alright Annie." "And you?" Cassie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is that your baby, Cassie?" Annie asked, as she pointed at Caitlin.

"Yep! Sure is!" Cassie chirped. "Her name's Caitlin. Isn't she cute?"

"Yeah...yeah, she is. Well...I'll see you later."

"Oh, and Annie." Sally began. "I'll be here for a few days, so if you ever need to talk, you'll know where I am."

Annie smiled and walked out. The sun in her eyes, however, merely concealed the storm in her heart.

------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, Sally, Miles, Alf and Ric were discussing recent events.

"Well, Drew and Aden had a little tussle over Lucas." Miles began.

"Aden?" Ric snorted derisively. "Somehow, I'm not surprised."

"Yeah, gotta agree with you there, Ric." Alf began as he sipped his beer. "That mongrel had better buck his ideas up, and fast."

Just then, Belle knocked at the door to Summer Bay House.

"Ah, Belle! What can we do for you?" Alf asked.

"I..I need to see Sally, please. It's urgent."

"Well," Sally began. "If you want to talk, Alf and Ric would be more than happy to listen."

"No, it can't wait. I need to talk to Sally in private, NOW." She seemed upset, but then again, who hadn't been upset by the events of the last few days?

"Okay. We'll give ya some privacy. Me, Ric and Miles were going to leave anyway." The three of them sttod up and left Summer Bay House. It was now just Sally and Belle.

"Well, Belle?' Sally began. "What do you want to talk about?"

End of Chapter 3

Edits: - The scene of Lucas being tortured in hell is more detailed in the Uncut version.

- In the uncut version, Belle calls Aden a "dick" when she first sees him.

- Aden's antagonism of Drew is shortened in this version in order to remove his line "I know what we could put in his coffin - some hypo's. I bet that would make him really happy."

Archived