Homecoming

Guest honeychild

Story Title: Homecoming

Type of story: kind of a long fic i think at this point

Main Characters: Aden mostly, his brother Justin and new characters Milo and Louey.

BTTB rating: rated T i think

Genre: general, but i think we're in for a lot of angst

Does story include spoilers: not really

Any warnings: nothing explicit or anything, although may be some language

Summary: Aden's brother Justin is back in town...is this a good thing or not? My first fic so please be kind!

On a hot, hazy afternoon in August a small red car drove down the long road that led to the sea. Its occupants, two guys and a girl, had the windows wound right down, letting the breeze circulate the car. The air smelled sweetly of the flowers and trees that lined the road's path. Gradually, gradually, as the small red car struggled on, into view came a wide expanse of halcyon sea meeting a golden band of sand. The sun, high overhead, dazzled their eyes and illuminated the scene. It was picture perfect, the small town branching out around it a picture perfect town. Or at least a seemingly picture perfct town. For the two passengers Summer Bay was unknown territory, untried and untested. For the driver it was a homecoming and he knew how looks could be deceiving. Under Summer Bay's glossy surface was a town full of secrets, frequently shaken by disaster, deceit and deception and never short of another shocking revelation. He knew this only too well, his own family being one of those harbouring a terrible secret which hea had run away from almost 7 years earlier. He pondered this as he coaxed the old car on, closer and closer to the very place he had vowed never to return to, his eye focussing on the sea he had loved as a child. Loved and left. The girl in the back seat broke him out of his reverie by leaning between the two front seats to wistfully proclaim, 'Man, I know you said this place was beautiful, but this is just ridiculous.'

The driver laughed, 'Well you know, what lies beneath....'

She rolled her eyes in return, 'Well, yeah, obviously. I mean, your family was sure messed up.'

H gave her a look over his shoulder.

She held her hands up in mock defeat and her blue eyes sparkled, 'Okay, so mine werent exactly the Brady Bunch.'

'I think,' the other male occupant of the car cut in, 'I think its been long established that neither of your families were what one would call normal.'

The girl sighed dramatically and flopped back against the seat, 'Zis is true.' She shook her head, 'But at least we've got each other to share our misery and angst with.'

The driver didnt seem to hear her, wrapped up in his own thoughts again. They were so very nearly there and his nerves had just kicked in. He had not left the town on good terms and curious as he was to see what had changed in his 7 year absence, he wasn't sure of how certain people might greet him. And his acquired entourage. He felt a hand tenderly envelop his own over the gearstick. He looked across to the other man, his partner, who looked back at him with eyes full of pure love and said, 'Hon, its going to be okay. I'm here for you. We're here for you Justin.'

And Justin Jefferies nodded, gathering his strength as the car sped past the 'Welcome to Summer Bay' sign.

So thats it for this chapter! Please review and let me know what you think, any thoughts and tips or anything are much apprectiated! thanks for reading!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!

You are a FANTASTIC writer!

On a hot, hazy afternoon in August a small red car drove down the long road that led to the sea. Its occupants, two guys and a girl, had the windows wound right down, letting the breeze circulate the car. The air smelled sweetly of the flowers and trees that lined the road's path. Gradually, gradually, as the small red car struggled on, into view came a wide expanse of halcyon sea meeting a golden band of sand. The sun, high overhead, dazzled their eyes and illuminated the scene. It was picture perfect, the small town branching out around it a picture perfect town. Or at least a seemingly picture perfct town. For the two passengers Summer Bay was unknown territory, untried and untested. For the driver it was a homecoming and he knew how looks could be deceiving. Under Summer Bay's glossy surface was a town full of secrets, frequently shaken by disaster, deceit and deception and never short of another shocking revelation. He knew this only too well, his own family being one of those harbouring a terrible secret which hea had run away from almost 7 years earlier. He pondered this as he coaxed the old car on, closer and closer to the very place he had vowed never to return to, his eye focussing on the sea he had loved as a child. Loved and left.

That whole bit was wonderful...so descriptive...it really made me feel. I think you're going to be one of the best writers on here :)

Justin's gay?? Interesting!

Can't wait to see what you do with this fic!

thanks for all the positive feedback......i just hope the rest lives up to it :)

------

Justin swung the car into a space near the beach and they all climbed out, glad to be out of the confined space and in the open air. The girl shooks her limbs out, free at last.

'Thank God,' she moaned shaking her golden hair out its hairband, excited to be by the sea and a beautiful beach after hours on the road.

Justin's partner, Milo, grinned at her. He too was looking forward to lounging on the beach and soaking up some golden rays.

'Enjoy it while you can Louey,' Justin sighed, 'It things don't go well we could be back on the road tomorrow.'

'Pessimistic, much?' she grumbled at him.

'She's right,' Milo agreed. 'Keep that attitude and we might just turn right round and go back now.'

'Well...what if my grandfather's still alive?' Justin asked anxiously.

'Then we give him hell for what he did.' Milo replied evenly.

'What if Aden hates me?'

'Then it'll be a little harder, but you've come all this way. And there's really no turning back now...we did put a deposit on the house.' Milo grinned. He slipped his hand into Justin's and squeezed it gently.

Louey, on Justin's other side, looked up at him, 'Where's my JJ? The guy who saved me, who picked me up, put me on my feet and told me that, even after everything, i could still do what i wanted to do and be who i wanted to be? Can't take your own advice now?'

Justin laughed, 'Now i remember why i keep you around.' He took a deep breath, 'Kay, I can do this. WE can do this.'

'We're here for you J,' Milo said softly.

'For better or for worse,' Louey chimed in.

'In sickness and in health,' Milo caught on.

'So help me God!' Justin cried out in exasperation, 'You two!!'

'Ah you know you love us,' Milo teased.

'You, maybe, but her.....' Justin nodded at Louey, who faked hurt, 'You cut me deep JJ, you cut me real deep.'

Justin sighed, 'C'mon, let's go to the Diner...i think we're all in need of some food.'

It was to his great surprise when he found that the diner had actually disappeared, but after questionning a couple of locals the group was directed to the Diner's new premises. Seven years is a long, long time he thought to himself, a lot can change in seven years. He, Milo and Louey made their way over to the Diner and the Den. When Louey saw the computers in the Den she begged Justin for some money to use them

'Please...pretty please...pretty pretty pretty please?' she begged him, fixing him with her best puppy dog eyes. 'We've been on the road for days and i totally need to check my emails!'

'Who would want to email you?' he teased, but handed over the money. Louey skipped happily into the Den while Justin and Milo entered the Diner.

'Wow,' he said as they walked in, 'I didn't know Summer Bay could do even vaguely upmarket.'

Unfortunately he had been heard by none other than Colleen Smart, 'I'll have you know young man,' she reprimanded him. 'Summer Bay is a very upmarket town.'

As she walked off, muttering something about ignorant tourists, Justin tried to stifle a laugh as he whispered to Milo, 'Colleen Smart, Summer Bay's resident busybody.'

They bound themselves a table and Justin did a quick scan of the place. He recognised. But then again, he reasoned with himself, Summer Bay did have a high population turn over, with many people leaving for the city and others coming to escape their demons.

'What can i get for you?' a young blonde girl stood in front of their table, looking thoroughly bored with having to wait on tables.

Justin and Milo studied their menus quickly and both settled on salads. Taking their orders the girl retreated to the kitchen with a sigh.

'Charming.' Milo remarked. 'Friendly lot here.'

'I guess they must get a lot of ignorant tourists these days.'

'I can't believe that Colleen woman didn't recognise you J...i mean, she must've known you, right?' Milo considered over a breadstick.

Justin shurgged, '7 years ago. I was younger. Looked a lot different. Wasn't that popular around here, to be honest. Anyone still here who knew me has probably ommitted me from their memories, thankful for my departure.'

'Ah, Justin Jefferies-rebel without a cause.'

'What can i say? I was an angry kid and took it out on the poor unfortunates of Summer Bay.'

They looked up to see that the blonde waitress had returned with the salads and was looking at them a lot more interestedly than she had before.

------

okies, well thats it for the moment....lots more coming up soon though! keep reviewing and reading!!

Great chappie :)

'You cut me deep JJ, you cut me real deep.'

Is it just me or is that from Shrek? :P Apart from the JJ bit.

haha I was thinking the same thing Meg . . .

Coz I memba Donkey say's it to Shrek lol . . .

This is amazing . . .:D

I bet the blonde chick is Nicole . . .

So is Aden and Belle a couple in this fic?

Anyway great, keep it up :D

Cant wait for the next chapter :P

----

Over in the Den Louey was having a great time. She was a happy person by nature, despite everything life had thrown at her and most of all she liked being around people. She also liked this 'Den' place - it looked new, well run and was reassuringly full of kids of all ages. She enquired about using one of the computers and a girl with a wierd piece of rope tied around her neck took her money and showed her what to do. As she languidly clicked around the internet Louey employed her wonderful gift of being able to listen to everyone around her while intently reading her emails. That way she picked up the local gossip - who fancied who, the latest scandal at school and so on. Her enjoyment of this was slightly hindered by the fact that she had no idea who any of these people were. But as Justin had said, if all went well with his family they would be staying in Summer Bay, meaning she would attend the local high school. She would soon put faces to names.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Who is she?' Nicole asked, drying dishes with the same look of boredom she waited on tables with, looking over Belle's shoulder at the unknown girl in the Den. Unknown teenagers were a rare breed here - in Summer Bay everyone knew everyone.

'I don't know.' Belle shrugged. 'Passing tourist i guess...but would it kill you to mind your own business once in a while?'

'Jeez, can't someone ask a simple question?' Nicole asked, giving Belle a withering look.

Belle gave her one right back, rolled her eyes and went back to work. Nicole, on the other hand, kept looking at Louey as though trying to read her mind. Much to her disappointment Louey realised that there was some attention being directed at her from different parts of the Den (strangers, again, a rare breed) and she left the Den and crossed over into the Diner where she joined Milo and Justin at their table. She looked disdainfully at their salads, 'My God, could you two get any worse?'

'Says the girl who will eat at McDonalds,' Milo wrinkled his nose, 'Urgh, processed meats!'

'You eating?' Justin asked her.

'Nah...i stuffed myself with junk on the way down.'

'We know...' Milo said deploringly and Louey stuck her tongue out at him.

Justin got up to pay the bill, 'C'mon,' he sighed, 'I'll pay and then we best head over to my old place, see if anyone's still there...'

From the kitchen door Nicole (and Colleen) had watched interestedly as Louey joined Justin and Milo at their table....she wondered what kind of relation she was to them...daughter was impossible...she mused. They were close, she saw that and as they walked out of the Diner she got the feeling that they weren't simply tourists passing through...the mention of the surname Jefferies had shot straight through that idea.....

------

next chapter....aden and justin come face to face, oooer!!

please, read, review, but most of all, enjoy!

Archived