Unbreakable Bond

Guest Jacksthehottest

Story Title: Unbreakable Bond

Type of story: Short/Medium fic - 4 parts

Main Characters: Jack and Martha

BTTB rating: G

Does story include spoilers: No

Is story being proof read: No

Summary: Jack and Martha are both single. After everything that happened they had decided to stay friends, but is this possible when they are living in the same house?

---

Yeah i don't know why I'm doing this when I'm so bad at updating, BUT i have actually written this whole story, so all i have to do is copy and paste it onto here. Which shouldn't take as long as 2months before each chapter :P

Anyway, this is just a short fic. It's got about 4 parts (i think lol)

Few things to remember

- Jack and Sam didn't get married.

- Martha and Michael did happen, but they arn't together anymore

- The reason the house was 'renovated' was because i didn't want to think about Sam and Jack on the couch lol :P

I think that's all you need to know.

Part 1:

Her life over the past two months had changed dramatically. No longer was she living in the apartment above the diner, she had moved out when Aunty Morag had moved in. The place was crowded enough with Morag and her granddad in there that she had decided that she needed her own space. She moved back into her old house where her and Jack used to live

Martha had been free from relationships for a couple of months and she had never felt better, no longer did she have to put up with confusion, her feelings or any relationship problems, she could do what she wanted. But that didn’t stop her from missing what she could have had, she could have had him back because he was the only one that she would actually consider a proper relationship with.

Jack was also single, he hadn’t gone through with the wedding with Sam, he couldn’t get married to someone he wasn’t committed to. He knew it wouldn’t be fair on anyone especially on Sam and Rory. When he had told Sam the news, she didn’t take it well and had decided that she wanted to leave Summer Bay and be as far away from Jack, she took Rory with her. Even if he was disappointed to see them leave, he knew it was for the best his heart wasn’t committed to Sam it was committed to someone else completely and there was no way he could hide it.

After everything had faded away Jack had begged Martha for another chance, he wanted to have her back like it had always been just the two of them. Even if it was the hardest decision for her to make, she had chose not to be with him, maybe a decision she regretted now but back then it was exactly what she wanted. Every time they wanted to start something serious it didn’t work out, so in the end they had decided to stay friends even though they were both hiding their actually feelings towards each other.

But things didn’t turn out too bad; Jack ended up getting the job of a detective and was able to live by himself. He had bought new furniture and renovated most of the house, of course with Martha’s help, as according to her he had no idea what he was doing. Once Jack had heard the situation of Morag moving back into Summer Bay, Jack had invited Martha to live with him. Martha had accepted the offer but had told Jack it was only going to be for a little while.

Days and weeks passed and she was still living there, she could officially call it her home. Sure people were talking that the ex-married couple were living together, but Martha didn’t really care, soon they were going to have to get used to it. Plus she loved to have Jack’s company; he knew everything about her and knew how to make her laugh. Occasionally the two would flirt together and spend most of there nights watching a movie. Martha would have done anything to take back when she had rejected Jack she had now realized that they had both matured, from what they have been through they had both grown up into mature adults who were capable of making decision unlike two crazy teenagers they were back then.

She snapped out of her thoughts as she heard Jack open the door. She spread herself on the couch taking up all the room; she knew Jack hated it when she did that.

“Hey how was work?” Martha asked as he locked the door and dropped his jacket onto the chair.

“It was okay, I’m just so tired, I wonder who’s fault that is” Jack smirked. He hadn’t even worked that long but he didn’t sleep well the night before since Martha kept him up all night watching some movie that made no sense what so ever.

“Sorry” she laughed at him. “There is leftovers form dinner in the fridge if you want some” she then told him.

“Leftovers? Wow thanks Martha your way too kind” Jack gave her a sarcastic grin. “But I’m not even hungry I just need to go to sleep.” Jack added looking around where he could put his legs up and relax but like usual Martha had taken up the whole couch.

“Now where am I supposed to sit?” Jack asked placing his hands on his hips.

“On that chair over there” Martha pointed as she stretched herself on the couch even further.

“Nah, I think I’ll just lay here” Jack replied moving closer to the couch, he came over to the side of it and placed him self on top of Martha, he knew in a matter of seconds she would be screaming for him to get off, but tonight he was too tired to say anything. He placed his hands on either side of her waist and buried his head in her neck.

“Jack!” Martha tried to push him; she couldn’t move under him he was too strong. She tried to move his hands away from her but he didn’t let her go.

“Mmm, this is pretty comfortable I think I could fall asleep right here” Jack replied into Martha’s neck. He began placing soft kisses on her neck as she let out a small giggle. She loved it when Jack did that, not that she would admit it.

“Jack stop it, that tickles” she replied. She used her hands to lift up his head and make him look at her. She smiled down at his face; she could tell that he was tired. She moved one of her hands and messed up his hair, before letting out another giggle. He smiled down at her as well.

“What did u do that for?” Jack asked.

“Now you look cute” she smiled at him.

“Cute?” Jack said, his eyes now wide open. “I would prefer hot or sexy it sounds much better” he joked, placing his head near Martha’s neck again.

“Well you won’t be hearing that from me” she laughed at him, he didn’t reply. He just held onto her tighter and soon she could feel no movement from him.

“Jack?” she said trying to see whether his eyes were closed. “Jack C’mon don’t fall asleep on me” Martha tried again, but she still got no reply.

She placed her hand on his back slowly and used her other hand to grab the remote and change the channel. She was trying to concentrate on a show that had just started but couldn’t. Having Jack’s body on her was driving her crazy.

Five minutes later she heard Jack let out a groan. Martha smiled; after all he hadn’t fallen asleep.

“Turn off the TV, I can’t believe you can watch that stupid show” Jack replied talking into her neck. He couldn’t actually see the TV but he could hear it and Jack knew exactly what it was.

“Well it’s better than your shows you have to admit” Martha told him smartly. She then focused her attention back on the TV, a couple of seconds later Jack got hold of the remote and turned of the TV. The whole room was now filled with darkness with no light in sight.

“Jack turn it back on, it’s too dark” Martha said trying to see where Jack had put the remote.

“Are you scared of the dark?’ Jack joked looking up at her.

“No” she replied firmly. “I just want to watch my show” she tried to argue in response but Jack knew the truth, he had seen it on her every time they watched a scary movie she would cling onto him and wouldn’t let go until the scary part had past, not that Jack minded of course.

“I’m sure Martha” he smiled at her. “Don’t worry I won’t let anything come out and eat you” Jack now began to laugh, but stopped once Martha pushed him of, so that he was laying beside her not on top of her.

“Jerk” she replied as she moved his hands away from her, he knew exactly how to push her buttons and he would take any chance he got to tease her.

“Oh, come back here” Jack replied wrapping his hand around her and pulling her close to his chest. “I’m just teasing you, don’t have to get all angry” he replied, leaning down and giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

Martha could feel herself blushing and she couldn’t help but smile to her self, all her previous anger had disappeared. She quickly looked away hoping Jack could not see her smiling.

“Whatever” Martha replied, trying hard not to think about how a simple kiss could affect her so much. She would do anything now to kiss him back.

Jack flicked the TV back on, but didn’t let go of Martha, not that Martha even seemed to notice she was too busy lost in her thoughts to realize that TV had been turned back on. That soon changed when Jack spoke up.

“I’m going to go and have a quick shower and I’m of to bed” Jack told her.

“Yeah I think I might go to sleep as well” Martha replied looking up at him.

“Goodnight” Jack replied hugging her tighter then finally letting go.

“Night” Martha smiled as she watched him walk off.

She finally managed to pull herself up from the couch and headed for her bedroom. She could still feel Jack’s arms around her it’s like that she couldn’t get enough. She shook her head trying to forget about it and got changed. But before she got into bed a smile appeared on her face. Tonight she had a different idea.

Here's the next bit :)

Part 2:

She snuggled up in the bed; pulling the white sheets over her as she laughed to herself. She couldn’t wait to see Jack’s reaction when he found her in his bed. This bed was much bigger than hers, she only had a single one because of the small room it couldn’t possible fit a double size bed, Martha had so much junk in it.

She looked around Jack’s room, there was basically nothing but a bed in there, and surprisingly it looked clean, not that it was hard to keep it clean. Jack hardly spent his time in here; sometimes he would even fall asleep on the couch after a long night.

The room had smelt exactly like Jack and she couldn’t help but reach out and grab the pillow. She hugged it tightly before placing it down and resting her head on it.

The sound of the door caught her attention as she watched Jack in, she couldn’t help but laugh when she saw his shocked face, obviously he wasn’t expecting it.

“What are you doing in here?” Jack asked her as he had an amused look on his face.

“Oh nothing, just trying to sleep” Martha told him casually.

“Don’t you have your own bed for that” Jack asked her as he walked to the side of the bed

“Yep but this one is much comfier” Martha smiled at him as she sunk into the bed pulling over the sheets.

“Isn’t this great you don’t let me lay on my own couch and now on my own bed, how do I get rid of you” he joked.

“Well you can go sleep in my room” Martha told him, even if she didn’t want him, she just wanted to tease him for a bit.

“No way, your room is purple, I’m not sleeping in it” Jack told her.

“Hey what’s wrong with purple” Martha said trying to look offended.

“Nothing, it’s just not the same as my white walls” Jack laughed.

“White, seriously Jack can you get any more boring?” she asked him

“Well you’re the one sleeping in here, I mean I’m not stopping you, you can go and sleep in your beautiful purple room” Jack mocked her voice.

Martha shook her head in response. “Nah I think I’ll stay” she told him smiling up at him.

“Fine, but it’s not my fault if I end up hugging you during the night, you chose to sleep here” Jack told her trying to scare her off as he walked over to his side.

“It’s not going to work Jack” she laughed. “And don’t you even dare touch me” Martha added smiling.

“My bed, my rules” Jack gave her a smirk as jumped into the bed pulling over the covers.

Martha took a quick look at him before turning on her back and looking up at her ceiling, it sure felt nice, and maybe in some way it felt similar to what it was like before, when they used to share a bed every night. Well obviously they were snuggled up together, which was probably the main difference.

But that changed as she felt his hand on her stomach.

“I know why you came in here, you’re scared to sleep by yourself in that dark room with no light” Jack told her as he moved closer. “And having me here you feel safe” Jack added as he completely wrapped his arm around her waist. He moved his face so that it was against hers.

“If that helps you sleep at night, then think that” Martha replied sarcastically, trying to keep her cool, but it was so hard when he was that close to her.

“Actually it does and you know what else helps me sleep? Having you here” Jack smiled now burying his head in her neck. He couldn’t feel her moving at all, not even one muscle, he didn’t even know if she was still breathing

He raised himself up looking at her. “Relax will you, I’m not going to kill you” Jack told her.

She wished she could, but she knew if she did relax she couldn’t stop doing things that shouldn’t be happening. “I am relaxed, your just to close to me” well that was a lie, she loved him being that close, but she wasn’t going to admit it.

“I can’t sleep when I’m not hugging you” Jack told her as he tried to hug her again.

“Then how do you manage to sleep everyday” Martha asked him curiously.

“Well when you fall asleep…..I sneak into your bed and –“before he could finished Martha had pushed him hard in the chest.

“Okay, I’m just joking no need to get violent” Jack replied back disappointed, but he had another idea up his sleeve.

“I know what will get rid of you, would you like me to replay the movie we watched the other night” Jack smiled

“Which one?” she asked

“You know, the one where they are all trapped in that house and…”

“Jack stop it. I don’t want to think about that while I’m going to sleep” she told him, honestly it scared her, she didn’t know how she had ended up even watching that movie, it was all Jack’s fault he had tricked her into it.

“Scared are we?’ he teased her.

“Jack your doing this on purpose. Now I’m definitely not going out of here.” she replied.

“Oh well, it’s a good thing your not going anywhere” Jack said pulling her by her hand, he pulled her closer to him until her head was rested on his chest. He smiled as he felt her relax.

“Oh so this was your plan” Martha laughed as she wrapped her hand around him

“You caught me” he smiled as he too tried to get as close as possible. He had definitely missed this.

“I’m coming” Martha groaned as she peeled herself away from Jack’s arms. She took glance at the clock it was already 9 o’clock, she must have slept pretty well. She quickly got changed and headed to see who was at the door.

“Hey” Martha said opening the door, in front of her stood a blonde girl around the same age. Her hair reached all the way down to her back and her blue eyes stood up form miles away.

“Hey, I’m sorry to wake you up, I was wondering if Jack is here?” the blonde women asked.

Martha all of a sudden felt jealousy run through her body, who was this women? And why was she looking for Jack? “Um, he is still asleep” she informed her.

“Oh okay, do you live here?” the women then asked her.

“Yeah” Martha replied.

“That’s weird Jack told me he lived by himself” the women told her.

Martha couldn’t help but wonder why Jack would say something like that, was he embarrassed of living with her or maybe he had wanted to impress this girl and never mentioned that he was living with his ex-wife, of course that was it.

“Sorry, I never introduced myself I’m Julie and I’m Jack’s new partner at work” she replied breaking Martha from her thoughts.

“Nice to meet you I’m Martha” she told her politely. “You want to come in?” she added.

“Nah its okay, I better go, just tell Jack I dropped by” Julie replied.

“Will do, Bye” Martha smiled at her.

Once she was out of sight Martha made her way over to the couch, she didn’t know why she was all of a sudden feeling jealous. This woman had the looks and she had something Martha could never have, she was Jack’s partner at work. This meant they would have something in common and probably she would be way more interesting to Jack then Martha could ever be. It’s not like Martha could talk to him about police business she knew nothing about it and it didn’t even interest her, Jack knew that.

Jack had told her how much he loved her and how much he wanted her back, but that was such a long time ago it probably wasn’t the same anymore, she had missed her chance she should have known that Jack probably wouldn’t wait forever. Not that she thought Jack was with this girl, but Martha could probably guess that he was interested in her.

And maybe that’s why he had told her that he lived alone. He didn’t want her assuming that he was in a relationship. Jack wasn’t far of the truth though, she had only told him that she was going to be staying here for a short time and yet she still hadn’t left.

“Hey why are you up so early?” Jack replied yawning, his shift wasn’t until later this afternoon and he had planned on sleeping in while he had the opportunity, but when he realized Martha wasn’t there he had gotten up. “Martha” he tried again when he got no response.

“Oh sorry I was just thinking” Martha lied

“About?” Jack asked coming over and sitting next to her.

“Nothing, just some things, nothing important” she told him. “Do you want some breakfast, because I was planning on making some” she added getting up and walking over towards the kitchen.

“Uh yeah sure, that would be great thanks” Jack replied.

Before she opened the fridge she turned around and faced Jack, she knew if she didn’t ask him about this girl she wouldn’t get it out of her head.

“Hey Jack, Julie stopped by this morning” Martha told him wanting to see Jack’s reaction, but surprisingly he didn’t give her one. He was too busy looking for the remote to care.

“Did she? What did she want?” Jack asked finally looking up at Martha.

“Oh nothing, I told her you were sleeping” Martha told him the truth.

“Yeah, she’s new here and only staying for two weeks. She’s actually replacing Lara while she’s away on holiday.”

“Hmm, she seems nice” Martha said trying to get more out of him.

“Yeah she is, she’s great, she knows how to make me laugh and it’s good to have that around since Lara’s away, everyone has been so serious” Jack told her.

“How come you never told me about her?” Martha wanted to know.

“Oh, it’s not like you’re interested, we both know you don’t want to hear about my work, you hate it so why should I tell you” Jack asked.

“I don’t hate it” Martha defended herself.

“I know, I’m just kidding around” Jack told her as he laughed. “Now what’s for breakfast, because I’m starving” he said getting up and walking towards her.

Not sure when Part 4 will be up. I need to re-write a couple of bits. Hopefully it will be up soon though. Here's Part 3. :)

Part 3:

Martha sat at home quietly, Jack had gone to work a couple of hours ago and anytime now he would arrive home. She hadn’t gotten out the house much, only this morning when she went to buy the paper.

Now she was browsing through it looking for something interesting. One particular page grabbed her attention. She didn’t even know why but ever since this morning she couldn’t get this living arrangement out of her head.

Martha pulled the page out of the paper and began looking for apartments. She knew if Jack saw her that he would hate the idea. But she had to do it sooner or later, she couldn’t live here forever. Jack had his own life to get on with, they weren’t a couple and if he wanted privacy he should be able to get it, not have some other women living with him for the rest of his life.

She didn’t really want to move out, she probably wouldn’t even be able to afford a proper apartment, but it was worth a shot. It’s not like she was making the decision now, she was juts looking. She grabbed the pen out of the draw and started circling potential ones she could rent.

“Martha, where are you” Jack asked entering the house he could see it was empty and Martha was no where in site. “You home?” he yelled through the house. He heard the water running and guessed she was in the shower He then headed over to the fridge to grab a cold beer he couldn’t wait to put his feet up.

He walked over to the small table and saw the daily newspaper. He flicked through it and stopped at the page where he could see Martha’s handwriting and advertisements circled everywhere. He looked closer realizing that they were apartments.

Amazed at what he saw, he took another look. She had circled about 10 apartments on the one page. Jack had no idea why she was doing this; it had all come to him as a shock.

“Hey your home?” Martha said walking out from the bathroom. She then saw what Jack was looking at and looked away.

“What’s this?” Jack said standing up and heading over towards her, carrying the piece of paper in his hand.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it” Martha tried to not make it seem important.

“How can I not worry, I thought I told you, you can stay here as long as you like” he explained to her

“I know” Martha replied.

“Then what’s this for? Why do you want to move out? Have people been saying stuff again? “He asked. Maybe she had run into Colleen and she had made some kind of comment on their living arrangement.

“No it’s nothing like that; we both know that I can’t live here forever” Martha explained to him.

“But some of these apartments, they aren’t even in Summer Bay” Jack said looking up at her.

“Yeah they are the cheap ones, the ones that I can afford, I mean they aren’t that far away from Summer Bay only an hour drive or so” Martha told him.

“Only? You mean I have to go and travel an hour every time I want to see you, that’s stupid, when I can see you here every day”? Jack said raising his voice a little, he could feel himself getting upset and he didn’t want to take it out on Martha they hadn’t even fought once while she had stayed here, that must have been a record for them.

“I’m sorry, I just don’t understand, don’t you like living with me?’ Jack asked her calming down a bit.

“No I love living with you, like I said before we know this can’t go on forever someday I’m going to have to move out whether it’s sooner or later” Martha replied.

Jack moved closer towards her as he wrapped one hand around her waist, the other he used to cup her cheek and make her look up at him. “I don’t want you to move out, I mean who am I going to tease every day when I come home” Jack said trying to lighten up the situation. “Who’s going to steal my couch and my bed and most of all who’s going to annoy me?” Jack asked her. His other hand had made its way to her waist as well; she was looking directly in his eyes.

“Yeah but Jack, I’m sure you’d want your own space and your own privacy. You have your own life” Martha explained to him once again.

“Yeah but your part of that life, you can’t just go” Jack replied holding her tighter. “Please can you leave it for now?” Jack begged her.

“Fine” Martha let out a small smile as Jack placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

“Thank you” he told her as he scrunched up the piece of paper and walked over to throw it in the bin. He then turned around to see her sitting on the couch, she was obviously still thinking about it. He walked over to her and sat down beside her. No words were spoken; he just wrapped his hands around her and brought her closer to him.

She couldn’t help but hug him back.

“Do you want to go for a walk or something?” Jack whispered in her ear. “I’ve got about an hour to spare before I go out” he added.

“Where are you going?” Martha asked him, finally looking at him.

“Just to the bar with Julie and all the guys from work, it’s sort of a welcome drink, not that she is staying for that long” Jack laughed to himself.

“Oh” Martha replied back disappointed, she had hoped he wouldn’t say that. She wanted to believe that Jack had no feelings for this girl what so ever, but it was getting harder.

“It’ okay you go ahead and get ready, I’m going to Sally’s for dinner anyway” she told him.

“Alright then, just try not to worry about the whole moving out thing, because I’m not going to let you go anywhere” he smiled at her. “I’ll see you tonight if you’re still up” he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading for the bathroom.

Martha returned home after the dinner, she walked into the empty house and guessed that Jack hadn’t gotten back yet. It was almost 10:30 and he had been out for ages. She couldn’t help but think that something was happening with him and Julie.

She didn’t understand why she was all of a sudden getting jealous, she had missed her chance with Jack, she had all this time to actually tell him how she felt and she hadn’t. Now that there was someone else in the story Martha wished she had told him, that way at least Jack would have known the truth.

She was just about to head to her bedroom, when she heard the front door open.

“You’re still up?” Jack asked entering.

“Yeah I just got back 10 minutes ago, how was it?” Martha asked curiously.

‘It was great fun, Julie got most of the guys drunk, there’s definitely going to be a lot of headaches tomorrow” Jack smiled.

“So you two are getting on well?” Martha couldn’t help but ask.

“Who?” Jack asked clueless.

“You and Julie” Martha told him.

“Oh her” Jack finally realized what she was on about. “Uh, yeah I guess, she‘s fun to be around”

“Do you like her?” Martha fired the question at him; she just had to ask him.

“What’s with all these questions?” Jack asked curiously.

“Nothing” Martha defended herself. “I’m going to bed” she told him walking off, but the sound of Jack’s voice made her stop.

“Want to sleep in my room again?” he asked hopeful, walking closer to her, until he reached her and placed his hands around her. Martha turned around to face him.

“I think I’ll give it a miss” she half smiled at him.

“Oh come on, please?” he moved his face closer to hers.

“Jack it’s late and we both know you’re going to annoy me all night and not let me sleep” Martha groaned trying to get out of it.

“I’ll be nice, I promise” Jack smiled innocently at her.

“Why do you want me there anyway?” Martha asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to know” Jack winked at her. Martha couldn’t help but smile, normally she would answer back or yell at him for flirting with her, but she decided to leave it, it gave her some kind of hope that maybe he still did love her.

“Fine, as long as I get my sleep” she picked up his hand and dragged him towards the bedroom

“What are you smiling at” Jack asked as they lay on the bed, his hand tightly around her.

“Oh nothing” Martha replied, she just couldn’t help but feel happy to have Jack next to her again for the second night in a row. And when she didn’t think about Julie everything seemed perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to get it done. I don't like this chapter really, but here it is anyway. It's the last part

Part 4:

Martha woke up from 2 voices that could be heard in the living room. She listened carefully and recognized that it was no other than Julie and Jack. She rolled over and placed the pillow over her head, she didn’t want to hear what they were talking about.

How could she think that just a couple of hours ago things were perfect, when Jack was probably in love with some other girl.

“Morning” Jack said cheerfully as he saw Martha walk out the bedroom. She had purposely waited until Julie had left to come out.

“Morning” Martha said not even bothering to look at him.

“You don’t look to happy, I hope me and Julie didn’t wake you up” Jack worried.

“Nah its fine” Martha brushed it off, not wanting to even think about her.

“Okay, I’m going out with Julie and then I’m off to work, hope you’re going to be okay by yourself” Jack told her.

“Yeah whatever” Martha replied, was he trying to purposely **** her off by bringing her up.

“What’s wrong?’ Jack asked.

“Nothing, why do you think something’s wrong?” Martha replied.

“You seem angry or something” he told her.

“I’m not, just drop it” Martha told him walking past and opened the fridge grabbing something to eat. She watched as Jack walked over to the bedroom, she didn’t want to fight with him over this and it wasn’t his fault, but she wasn’t about to let him know that she was jealous of some random blonde girl, she couldn’t tell him that.

She knew sooner or later she’d have to face this, but she chose later, much later. Everything had been so great between them before this started happening. They hadn’t had a fight in months.

“I’m off to work” Jack told her as he emerged from the bedroom. She didn’t reply she just looked down at her food.

“Look” Jack said walking up to her. “I’m sorry for whatever I did” he added leaning down and giving her a kiss on the cheek. He had no idea what was going on in Martha’s head. When he got no reply from her he decided it was best to leave it for now. He took one last look at her before leaving the house.

Jack couldn’t wait to get home; he had the next few days of work. This meant he could stay up as late as he wanted and sleep in as much as he wanted. He opened the door and entered.

But something seemed different; Martha was sitting on one side of the couch watching TV. Normally he’d have to fight her for a spot on there, but not today.

“Hey” he said sitting down next to her. She gave him a small smile before focusing her attention back on the TV.

He shuffled over so that he was sitting right beside her and wrapped his hands around her waist. “Did you finally give up and realize you can never have this couch” Jack joked as he whispered it into her ear.

But she didn’t smile or laugh. She picked up Jack’s hands and moved them away from her. “I think I’m going go to bed, I’m tired” she told Jack, finally making eye contact with him.

“It’s only 8 o’clock” he replied.

“So?” Martha asked. Jack didn’t even bother to reply, he guessed she was still in her mood from this morning. He fell back onto the couch as he watched her head of to bed; he wished he knew what was wrong.

Martha placed her head down onto the pillow, she felt like she wanted to cry, but she couldn’t let herself do that, she was stronger than this. No guy would make Martha McKenzie cry.

But he wasn’t just some guy he was Jack.

When Jack had left the house in the morning, she had gone into Noah’s to help her granddad with work. There she had seen Jack and Julie

sitting down together drinking. Even if nothing happened between them Martha saw from the distance that they were flirting.

And maybe it was wrong to be angry at Jack, he had done nothing wrong, he was a single man and he could have drinks with any girl he wanted to, it’s not like they were married. But she couldn’t help and feel angry at the situation, she wished she could go back to a couple of days ago and then maybe she would have had the courage to tell Jack that she wanted him, before Julie had come into their lives

She snapped out of her thoughts as she heard the bedroom door open, but she didn’t move, she just lay there pretending she didn’t hear because she knew it was Jack.

“Martha” he whispered. He placed him self down on the small space left on the bed and lay beside her. He removed the covers from her body and placed his hands around her, keeping her warm.

He knew she was awake he could see her looking down trying to avoid him, but Jack wouldn’t let her. He used one of his hands and cupped her cheek making her look at him.

He would never get tired of just looking at her, but this time he saw something different, he didn’t see the usual Martha that was always happy, he saw the weak Martha, the one she tried to hide from everyone and pretend things didn’t affect her, but Jack saw through that.

As soon as he removed his hand from her face, her head fell down again, but this time however he felt as one of her hands made its way around his body.

“Martha what’s wrong?” Jack asked her trying to get some kind of answers from her.

“Nothing” she managed to get out. Jack let out a loud sigh.

“We both know that’s not true” he replied.

“I just want to go to sleep” she snuggled up closer to him, she knew that only 20 minutes ago she was moving away from him, but now that he was so close to her she couldn’t help it. Hugging him tightly made her forget and she just wanted it to stay that way.

“But I can’t sleep, when I know you’re upset” he tried again, trying to get some kind of response. He placed a soft kiss on her cheek and then trailed down to her neck

Martha couldn’t help but enjoy his kisses and it was getting harder for her to control herself. “Just tell me what’s wrong?” he tried again hoping that this time she was a bit more relaxed.

“Jack” she whined, she didn’t want to talk about it, if she did, she’d have to tell him everything, how she regretted not telling him she was in love with him months ago and how she was suddenly jealous of Julie.

“Martha” he whined back, teasing her, he smiled when he heard Martha laugh.

“I do that so much better” she laughed.

“Yeah that’s because your doing it all the time, you had practice” he smiled down at her.

“I don’t want to fight Martha” Jack told her seriously.

“Neither do I”

“Then tell me what did I do, so I can fix it” Jack asked her, eager to know.

“You haven’t done anything, your just being yourself and thats completely fine, I mean your allowed to” Martha rambled on.

“I don’t get it” Jack replied back confused.

“I’m not her anymore am I?” Martha finally asked him, she had to talk about this now, there was no turning back.

“Who?” Jack asked.

“I’m not your girl anymore” Martha told him looking away. “And you don’t have to lie Jack, I know that so much has happened and maybe I just didn’t want anything to change and now that it has, everything’s gone” Martha explained to him. “I wanted it to just stay like it always has, me and you and no one else” she continued.

Jack couldn’t help but smile, he loved the fact that Martha wanted to be his, he knew months ago that he would have done anything to be with her and now nothing had changed the feelings were still as strong.

“Nothing has changed” he whispered down to her, causing her to look up.

“But it has Jack, what about Julie? And I’m sure there’s plenty more. Not that you are doing the wrong thing, your not married anymore you can be with whoever you want. I just wish that I had made up my mind months ago.” She replied, she was talking so fast and she felt like everything she had been keeping in was all coming out now.

“I love it when you stress like that” Jack teased. “You need to forget about all of them, they mean nothing to me” he gently stroked her cheek.

“The only girl I want is right in front of me and that will never change, no matter how many Julie’s there is in this world” he smiled down. Martha could feel her tears coming out, Jack was perfect, and there was nothing about him that she didn’t love.

“And you should already know by now, I don’t like blondes”

“But she was a very pretty blonde” Martha wiped away her tears.

“Yeah that might be so, but she’s not you. No one can replace you” he leaned down kissing her forehead.

She let her eyes close as she felt Jack’s lips on her. She mentally kicked herself for being so stupid; it could have been so much easier if she just talked to Jack about these things.

“Jack, I – I love you” she told him opening her eyes.

And that was all he needed, before leaning down and capturing her lips. It had been way too long since they had shared one. And still it felt the same; it was exactly like nothing had changed. To Martha it felt like it was just them to up on the cliffs sharing their first kiss. It never seemed to disappoint her.

“I love you too” Jack whispered against her lips. “Just you” he reassured her before capturing her lips again, making sure it wasn’t the last time.

“Jack get up” she tried to drag him of the bed. She had been up for 2 hours now, cleaned the house 2 times, taken a walk and made breakfast. Yet jack still failed to wake up. She watched as he made a noise and then rolled back over into his sleeping position.

“Jack” she yelled loudly into his ear. Finally he began to stir, as he opened his eyes and looked up at her.

“Hey beautiful” he reached out for her cheek. Pulling her down he gave her a kiss.

“Morning” she snuggled up close to him.

“Mmmm, you’re staying here next to me all day.” He whispered to her.

“I’ve actually got work” Martha replied back, she watched as his face fell.

Couple of seconds later she watched as a huge smile spread across his face.

“No you don’t” he told her.

“I do Jack” she repeated herself.

“Well yes correct you currently don’t, but when I call up Alf and tell him that you can’t come in then you don’t” Jack smiled.

“No you can’t do that” Martha replied.

“Watch me” Jack replied as he got up and ran over to the phone, before Martha got there.

Martha reached him and began tickling him. “Jack I’m not sick, I can’t just have the day off” she told him.

“Stop it” Jack laughed trying to move her hands away as he began to dial. He placed the phone to his ear and used his other spare hand to wrap it around Martha making sure she didn’t move.

“Hey Alf” he spoke into the phone. “Oh yeah not too bad, Uh I just wanted to tell you Martha couldn’t come in to work today”…”Yeah she’s fine, don’t worry I’ll look after her” Jack smiled at Martha. “Bye” he then hanged up the phone.

“Jack I can’t believe you just did that” she laughed. “I need to go to work otherwise I won’t have any money” she joked.

“Oh and then you can’t move out and you’re going to have to live with me, what a shame” he replied back sarcastically.

Martha smiled at him and soon silence filled the room.

“Jack is it real this time? Are we going to make it?” she asked him.

“This time it’s for real” her replied pulling her closer and placing a soft kiss on her lips.

And thats it!

Thankyou for all your comments. Your all awesome :D

1 fic down, 1 to go lol

Comments

Archived