Guest matticus01

Name:Only Hope

Type:One Shot

Main Characters:Martha and jack...duh

BTTB Rating:G/A...I put them coz it's a bit of both sort of

Genre:drama,death,loss

Any Warnings:no not really only that there is a death

Spoilers:No none

Summary:They may have split up, but love is still strong in there minds, one terrible night and a photograph causes the beginning of an end and tears and confessions.

Only Hope

There's a song that's inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But You sing to me over and over and over again

She sat there, staring coldly at the space beside her, hoping, wishing she could wake up from a dream and that things would be the same, the same as they used to be, happy…in love…inseparable…soul mates. She closed her and rolled over, slipping one arm underneath the pillow before her head, raising her head slightly and resting her other hand above her pillow next to her face, trying to warm her body up, trying to think back to when she never had to warm herself up, to when he would come home and crawl into bed…trying not to wake her up but succeeding in doing so, only to wrap his arm over her slim frame and pull her up close to his body. Instantly making her feel warm, loved, connected and…safe.

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands

and pray to be only Yours

I pray to be only Yours

I know now you're my only hope

Opening her eyes again she felt lonely, lost, un-loved and since she pushed him away, she didn’t feel safe anymore. Clenching her eyes shut she tried to stop the tears from welling up in her eyes but in failing to stop them she fluttered them open and let them trickle out of the corners of her eyes and make there way down to her pillow. Looking up at the picture she kept on her beside table she slowly pushed herself up, away from the white pillow and reached her hand slowly over toward the picture.

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing

and laughing again

When it feels like my dreams are so far

Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again

Placing her shaking fingers on the frame she lifted it, instantly dropping it. Hitting the ground she sound of shattered glass echoed around her room as she clasped her hands over her ears to stop the sound from reaching her, the tears now streaming down her cheeks as she dipped her head and closed her fingers around her ears and clenched her eyes shut, hoping she didn’t drop it.

Lifting her head and removing her hands from her ears she placed them firmly on the bed in front of her and leant over, instantly losing her balance and tumbling over the side of the bed as her arms instantly threw themselves in the air for some kind of leverage to stop herself but hitting the floor with a ‘THUD’ and choking a loud gasp of pain.

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours

I pray to be only yours

Rolling over she clasped her hands over her chest, once again immediately lifting them up to the only light present coming from the door from the hallway. Her eye’s widened as she saw the blood dripping from her hands. Hands falling to the ground beside her rolled over again and dragged her rigid, rapidly cold body across the floor toward the door.

I give You my destiny

I'm giving You all of me

I want Your symphony

Singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

She was weak; she knew she must have done some damage. Reaching the door she pulled it open, the loud creaking door illuminating her bedroom with light as she looked down letting out a painful moan at what was stuck in her chest and sticking out of her nightgown. Dragging herself out the door she reached up to the cabinet situated outside her bedroom door and attempted to pull herself up, only to collapse back down to the ground, pulling the white cloth and all its contents with her.

His eyes shot open as he shot up in the bed and looked around. Running his fingers smoothly through his hair he sighed and looked at the photo sitting on his bedside table. They were happy once, they were in love, and they were soul mates. He heaved a heavy sigh and looked at the crack in the door in which the only light was leaking through. Pulling the sheets away from himself he let his legs hang over the side of the bed for a minute before he pushed himself up and headed toward the door.

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I pray to be only yours

Reaching the door he slowly pushed it shut and made his way back to the bed. Suddenly his head shot up as he heard a crash come from down the hall and instantly turned around and walked back to the door and pulled it open as the light from the hall way blinded him as his arm instantly pushed itself up and covered his eyes before moving down slightly and squinting at the light.

“Martha!” His voice croaked as he removed his arm completely and walked into the hall way and looking down the hall, his mouth gaped open and his feet froze as he saw the sight in front of him.

“Martha!” He screamed as he ran toward her, reaching down as he ran past the first cupboard he immediately picked up the phone and dialed ‘000’

Minutes had passed as he sat there with a cloth over her wound. He had pulled out the glass from her chest and had held her in his arms. The cloth was drenched with blood, her blood. Her lips were starting to turn blue and she was cold…very cold.

“Jack!” the words left her lips and she swallowed hard as once again she felt safe, loved and wanted.

“Martha…it’s ok, its going to be ok…’ Martha raised her arm and rested her hand on his cheek and gave a weak smile, looking into his eyes as the life slowly left hers.

“No…Jack…’ she forced herself to say it, as tears leaked from the corner of her eyes once again.

“I’m…C-cold…’

“NO…Martha, your going to be ok…’ he forced himself trying to hold back but just by looking at her, at her fragile, weak state the tears welled up in his eyes and ran down his cheeks.

“Jack…I…l-love…you. Alw-ways h-have, always w-will..’ she whispered, wrapping her arm around his neck she bought him down and kissed him tenderly, lovingly, like the first time they had kissed and then she closed her eyes, her arm dropped away from his neck and hit the ground and her chest stopped rising and just fell.

There's a song that's inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But You sing to me over and over and over again

And I lift my hands

and pray to be only Yours

I pray to be only Yours

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing

and laughing again