On The Road

Guest HeavenForbid

Type of story: Short Fic

Main characters: Jack, Martha

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Mixture

Spoilers: No

Any warnings: (SC) (L)

Summary: Martha is driving too Summer Bay from Perth and on her way meets Jack.

Note: Its been a long time since I wrote a fic. I hope you enjoy this. Idea came to me last night. Updates will be probably once a week as I’m in the last few months of my last year in school. I would love some feedback - good, bad, suggestions to improve anywhere; any kind would be helpful. Thank you. =)

Chapter 1

Martha opened the boot of her car and through her bags into it. She slammed the door down as her boyfriend began calling her name and running out of the house in his boxers;

“Martha! Martha! Come back. Don’t leave me, Martha.”

“This is the second time I found you in our bed with that woman, Jeff! I gave you a second chance you blew it. I‘m leaving you! I‘m leaving this city.” Martha explained.

“Babe!” Jeff said grabbing Martha as she opened the door. “I‘m sorry. I really am. Why don’t we go inside and talk about this, eh?” Jeff put his hands and each see of Martha’s face and starting to rub them.

Martha stared into Jeff’s eyes. She took his hands off her face. She turned around and got into the car and started to pull out of the driveway.

“MARTHA! MARTHA!!! COME BACK” Jeff shouted.

It was too late. Jeff had lost Martha forever. She finally decided to leave him after 5 years of dating. He wasn’t good for her. Her family hated him and were waiting for Martha to finally get the courage too leave him and the day had come. Martha was sick of his behaviour and finding him in bed with her ex-best friend, Jess made it clear. She was leaving him and not coming back.

As Martha drove down the road, she could still see Jeff standing in the middle of the road staring, watching her leave. Jeff was the type of person that wouldn't allow her to leave so easily. Usually he would find a way of getting her back. She looked at herself in the mirror and started to think of the last time she left him.

Flashback

“Jeff!” Martha called as she placed her keys on the table. “Are you here?”

Martha put her bag and coat on the sitting room chair. She went over to the fridge. There was two microwave dinners still there.

“Hm… Must not be here. Dinner hasn’t been eaten.”

Martha took out one of the two and put it in the microwave. She pressed five minutes and walked into the hall and took off her shoes. It was a long day and she needed to relax. She walked up stairs and found clothes on the landing. She picked them up. They were not Martha’s clothes. She walked quietly to her bedroom door and listened to see if she could here any sounds. Martha was shocked when she could. She stormed into the bedroom to find Jeff in bed with her best friend, Jess.

“Oh my god!” Martha said in shock.

“Martha!” Jeff shouted.

Martha turned around and ran downstairs. She put her shoes on and grabbed her bag and jacket. Just as she was walking out the door, Jeff was running down the stairs after her. He grabbed Martha’s arm.

“Let go of me. Now!” Martha said.

Jess came down the stairs. She went to leave the house when Martha stopped her.

“Don’t ever come near me again” Martha spat. She let Jess go past her and continued to walk out the door to her car. Once again, Jeff grabbed her arm.

“Your not going anywhere, Martha! Come inside now.” Jeff replied.

Martha was a vulnerable person. Jeff was very controlling and had a force of power over Martha and that frightened her. She didn’t have the courage to stand up to him.

“Come on” Jeff smiled. There was something sinister behind that smile.

End of flashback

As she was scared, she walked back into the home and they continued to live there life’s together like nothing had happened. Over the next few weeks, Martha had seen a big change in him and she was happy that she made that decision. But now, Martha was sure Jeff wasn’t the man she met 5 years ago and was she was leaving him and never going back. Ever…

Martha drove around for hours and hours. She had nowhere to stay and no idea where to go. She went to a restaurant and got something to eat. She sat down and read the paper. Suddenly after reading an article about two girls finally returning home after being away for six months, she knew where she would go. She was going home - back to Summer Bay. She smiled. She hadn’t been home in about three years. That last time she was home, Jeff didn’t get on with her family and they had a fight. Martha managed to patch things up and nothing made them ever like Jeff. She went to a pay phone and dialled in her house number.

“Hello”

“Sally?”

“Yes, who is this?” Sally asked.

“Its Martha” Martha replied

“Martha! How are you? What’s happened? Where are you?” Sally said starting to fire questions at Martha.

“I‘m okay. I‘ve been thinking about coming home for a while” Martha said.

“What has Jeff done now?” Sally said.

“Cheating…again. I‘m done with him. I‘m coming home now” Martha smiled.

“Oh Martha! I‘m so sorry to hear what he has done” Sally replied.

“It‘s okay, Sal! You and everyone else always said he was bad for me. It took me 5 years to realise but I‘ve finally done it. I‘ve realised and dumped his sorry ass!” Martha laughed.

“That’s the Martha I know and love! When are you coming? What time does your flight get in at?” Sally said excitingly.

“Well that’s the thing. I was thinking off driving to Summer Bay. You know, just to get my head sorted.” Martha explained.

“Martha, that’s dangerous. You don’t know what - ”

“Sal, I will be okay! If I‘m ever in trouble I will call you right away” Martha said.

“If your sure, Martha. Do you have enough money?” Sally asked. “I can transfer some money if you need some.”

“I have enough money. Thank you for offering anyway” Martha said. “Listen, I should get going”

“Yes! Yeah, we want you back as soon as possible” Sally laughed.

“Okay, well I will talk to you very soon” Martha said.

“Goodbye” Sally said and hung up the phone.

Martha went to her car and started her journey back to Summer Bay.

Preview: Martha meets Jack. But, how?

Hope Jeff doesn't come to Summer Bay to get her back. I really don't like him. :angry:

How could Jess sleep with her best friend's boyfriend? You don't do something like that to your best friend. She doesn't deserve to be friends with Martha. :angry:

I like Zetti's suggestion about Martha's car breaking down. :)

More please. :)

Well I cant honestly say...i dont think i've read any of your fic's laineyloo but this one sounds interesting...

so...I cant wait to read this fic...

now for the review...

HOW COULD JEFF DO THAT... :angry:

thank god Martha has brains this time...she deserves better...

should be interesting...Jack and Martha's meeting :D

update soon

Archived