Incomplete

Guest 13max13

Type of story: Short fiction

Rating: T

Main Characters: Sally, Martha, Brad, Jack, Tam and others

Genre: Romance

Warnings: (S)

Is Story being proof read: No

Summary: Brad is living in Tasmania, but he has lost his job and thinking about moving back to the Bay with Tam and Heather. He misses Sally and knows he still loves her. Back in the Bay, Sally is trying her hardest to move on, but with Cassie in university and Ric living with Matilda in the city (Leah is also in the US visiting Dan- N.B this is a fic!), she is lonely with only Alf by her side. Martha is trying to deny her feelings toward Jack….but you know how it goes. Sam is moving back to the city with Rory and Martha and Jack are given a second chance. Will they last this time round, or will Sam get in their way once again with a shock from hell.

N.B I’m not sure if this is allowed, and if it isn’t I will re-write the fic, but I have combined “Always and Forever (which is my other fic) with this one because I wanted to make these two together.

Incomplete.

Brad Armstrong sat on the park bench overlooking the glimmering blue water. He stared out to sea as he thought of Sally and how much he missed her. Even after everything that had happened, he still wanted her, still needed her, still loved her.

Brad felt a wet tear tricking down his face and as he wiped it away with his sleave, Tam took a seat next to him.

“If you miss her so much, you could just go back.” She said as if reading his mind.

Brad had gotten to know his sister so well since they had left for Tasmania. They had become so very close, almost as if they had never been parted, as if they had known each other all their lives.

“I can’t, and even if I did, Sally’s probably moved on, why would she wait for me, after everything that’s happened between us?”

“For the same reason you’re crying.” she paused and looked into her brother’s eyes. “She’s in love with you” Tam smiled and walked off leaving Brad sitting alone, sad and incomplete

-

Sally Fletcher was lying on her bed. She thought of the days when Brad had lay next to her. She could recall that feeling. The way she had felt secure, happy and loved. Why had everything changed?

She turned over to the bedside table where a picture frame stood. She eyed the man standing next to her. His spiky brown hair stuck out to the side and his goofy smile was painted on his face as it usually was. Since Brad had left, Sally felt incomplete. Her life had changed so much.

Without Brad, Summer Bay was lonely. Cassie had left for university and only came home for holidays, Ric was living in the city with Matilda and Leah was visiting Dan in America. Alf was here for her, and she knew he always would be, but even so, Alf is Alf and Brad is Brad. And Sally wanted Brad.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part 2

Martha Makenzie awoke from a deep sleep, that she very much needed, and opened her eyes to see nothing but a lonely apartment. She dragged herself out of bed and got dressed; she walked down the stairs to see the person she least liked in the Bay. She was short, had curly hair and just happened to be engaged to Jack.

Jack, how could she even think of Jack? Martha closed her eyes and rubbed her head, trying to escape the memories of her ex-husband. Sam had spotted her.

“Hey Martha.” Said Sam almost politely

“Hey Sam, how’s it going?”

“Good, actually, yeah really good.” She smiled as Jack walked into the Diner and kissed her on the cheek. Martha could’ve and would’ve just screamed at that very moment. But Ric was there and so was everybody else. She just needed Jack by himself for a while. That’s all she needed to tell him how she really felt.

“Hey Martha!” said Jack, pulling away from Sam.

“Hey Jack.” Martha smiled and to her surprise Jack did too. He looked into her eyes and she looked into his. A moment. They were having a moment she thought to herself, and right in front of Sam. Maybe Jack still cared about her after all.

Sam broke the silence and said:

“So, come on Jack, we better get home, Rory’s waiting”

“What?” said Jack after finally pulling away from Martha’s stare.

“Rory, home, now!” Sam seemed angrier; of course she knew that Martha was still in love with Jack. Everybody knew. But she loved Jack, they were engaged, that must mean something to him, they had come this far, hadn’t they?

As Jack and Sam left the Diner, Martha put her head in her hands and sat down at the nearest table. Colleen came round to serve her.

“What will it be today love?”

“Just a coffee thanks Colleen”

“Sure pet”

Martha looked away, but Colleen never took a hint.

“Young Jack and Sam look ever so happy, don’t they? It’s wonderful that he has found happiness again in someone else!”

Martha got up from her chair abruptly and stormed out of the Diner and headed for the beach.

She waked down the steps to the white sand that was gleaming in the sunlight. She crouched and looked out into the blue water that was reflecting the sun’s rays. She looked up to see the sea gulls flying freely; she wished she could just get away. Without Jack, she was incomplete. The Bay seemed less appealing without him with her. She smiled as she remembered all the good times, all the times Jack had been with her, all the times he saved her. And then she remembered what he had said to her:

“You never gave up on me.”

“And I never will.”

“And I never will.”

“And I never will.”

She said these words over and over until she was saying them out loud. She smiled to herself and thought

“If there is only one person on this earth you are meant to be with, me and Jack are meant to be together.” She stood up started walking to the end of the beach.

“You never gave up on me.”

“And I never will.”

“And I never will.”

“And I never will.”

She said these words over and over until she was saying them out loud. She smiled to herself and thought

that was great, i like how you worded it, i could almost believe it myself :lol:

cant wait for the next chapter :D

Chapter 1:

It was so sweet. Brad and Sally miss each other so much and are still in love. :wub:

Brad should listen to Tam and go back to Sally!

Chapter 2:

Poor Martha! :( She loves Jack so much!

Martha and Jack shared a moment :wub: but Sam saw that and had to ruin it. :angry:

Colleen should really learn to shut up sometimes. :angry:

Please update soon.

Chapter 3:

Brad walked along the sand-covered path to where Tam and her mum were standing. Tam noticed him coming towards them and she prepared herself for the news that she knew was coming. She just hoped with all her heart that he was going to take her with him.

“How would you two feel about a trip back to Summer Bay?” Brad said smiling at Tam.

“Are you for real?” she asked. “Only if you are.” Brad said. Tam jumped into his arms, happier than she had been for a long time.

-

You could here the voice of Sam from the other end of the street. Her voice like ripples in the night sky, filling the air with a sense of anger and frustration.

“Look, I can’t do this anymore Jack!”

“Well, I don’t know what you want me to do! I can’t just stop talking to her, she’s a big part of my life Sam!”

“Well in my books, she’s too big!” Jack you saw the way she looked at you of course there’s something still there!”

“What are you saying?”

“Isn’t it obvious Jack? Martha’s still in love with you!”

Jack didn’t say anything. Could it be true? Or was Sam just pulling his leg? He still had feelings for Martha, but he had done his best to hide them, he never wanted to hurt Sam and Rory. Jack put his head in his hands and when Sam made an annoying “huff” he looked up and said:

“I’m sorry…”

“But you can’t do this anymore, you’re still in love with her too.” Sam interrupted

“Sam, look I never…”

“Wanted to hurt me?” she interrupted again.

“I’m sorry” Jack said this in a finalized tone. He knew it now, and there was no turning back. He was in love with Martha and that’s just how it was.

“I’ll always love you Jack, but you’ve made your decision. We’ll be gone before the morning.” Sam turned and walked away from Jack and into the bedroom where she started to pack her and Rory’s things. Jack walked out of the house and headed for the Diner. He sat down in the booth and ordered a coffee from Irene. He took out his wallet and stared at the picture he had of Sam that had been blocking the photo of Martha and him. He put the picture of Sam down on the table and took the picture of him and Martha out. He stared at it for a minute, admiring her beauty and then placed it in his palm and closed his hand as Sally sat down opposite him.

“Hey Sal.” Jack said surprised. Sally sighed, “There’s no point hiding it Jack, I already saw.” Jack put both the photos back into his wallet and stuffed it in his front pocket. “Where’s Sam?” Sally asked suspiciously “At home, packing, her and Rory are leaving.” Sally looked stunned and turned to face Jack her eyes fixed on his face. “Martha?” she asked as if knowing exactly what the trouble was. Jack nodded dully.

“Sam knew that my heart wasn’t in the wedding, she knew I wasn’t committed, and she knew I was still in love with Martha.”

Sally smiled. “Well all I know about love is that you just have to follow your heart. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel right, but other times it does. That’s how you know.”

“What about Brad, you loved him, what happened there?” Jack watched as Sally’s expression became less joyful and much more sorrowful. Her eyes began to water and her lip began to tremble. “ “I wish I knew, I loved Brad with all my heart.”

“Sorry Sal” Jack said as Sally wiped her eyes dry. “No, it’s not your fault, I just….i just miss him.” “Jack, the only advice that I can give you, is never hold back how you feel, being able to express emotion makes you strong, not weak. Being in love with some one is no crime. And if I have learnt anything in these past few years, its that time isn’t your friend, everything comes to an end so live life to the full and love the one’s that are important to you.” Jack smiled and he knew what he had to do. Sally gestured to the staircase that led up to Martha’s apartment and watched as Jack almost ran up.

-

Jack burst through the door to see Martha standing there.

“Martha”

“Jack? What are you doing here?”

“I love you”

What?”

“I love you, I always have and I always will.”

“Where’s Sam. And Rory. What about them?”

“They’ve left, they’ve gone back to the city.”

Martha was happy, overjoyed, but she wasn’t just fall into Jack’s arms after everything that had happened between them. It was weak, pathetic but it felt right. Martha knew in her heart she belonged with Jack. It was her fate, her destiny. But, she had more self respect than to let herself just get back with him.

“So what, now that Sam has left, you think you can just chose me, after everything that has happened?” Martha felt proud that she had made a stand, but still felt upset and disappointed. She wanted Jack, she needed Jack, she loved Jack

“Yeah, yeah I do.” Jack said in response. He had gambled his whole future for Martha and he wasn’t about to give up without a fight.

“Well I’m not gonna be your sloppy seconds” Martha replied feeling yet another urge just to give in

“That’s not what’s happening Martha.” Jack said defensively

“Oh, then what’s happening Jack?”

“It’s not like that at all, the reason Sam left, was because, for me Martha, it’s always been you.”

Martha smiled, she could not deny it anymore, for the first time in months she felt loved, wanted, special, the feeling she had only ever experienced with Jack and she blurted out:

“I love you too”

And suddenly they were in each other’s arms. Their lips met in a passionate kiss that was long over due. Jack’s upper lip rested upon Martha’s lower one as they pulled each other into the bedroom.

Archived