Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Story Title: The Murder Of A Stalker's Accomplice

Type of story: Short/Medium fic

Main Characters: Eve and Tracey

BTTB rating: A

Genre: Drama

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: V/D

Summary: Life of Summer Bay continued on from Jack and Martha's wedding reception but changed.

Chapter 1

Our two bodies lay there, alone in the blazing fire. We couldn't move, we needed people to think we were dead. I checked myself for injuries; I was fine, except for a few minor burns. Nothing really to worry about. To my left lay Tracey, my wonderful accomplice. She smiled at me, her beautiful blue eyes shining in the light from the ferocious flames. I heard people screaming and crying from outside the barn, mostly female voices. 'Soon they would all leave', I hoped, 'So me and Tracey can get out of here'. I thought I could hear the faint footsteps of someone, trudging around the shed behind us. Moments later they were gone. All was silent, except for the heavy breathing of me and Trace. We huddled close, hiding from anyone who may still be here. I could feel Tracey's warm breath upon my neck. "Stay here" I whispered to Tracey, instructing her to stay put. "I'll be back in a minute".

I crept around the fire-lit barn, making sure no one would see us. It was hard to see in the thick heavy smoke, but as clear as I could see, no one was around. I turned back and gave Tracey the all-clear, a sign of thumbs up. I waited by what was left of the burning barn door with patience as I saw the silhouette outline of Tracey's figure emerge from the blackness. As she approached me, I grabbed her hand and ran out the blazing barn and out into the darkness of the night.

TO BE CONTINUED

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Next part

This next chapter is dedicated to Jane (Roccoluver)

We ran and ran; the night got darker and darker. We followed the long, windy road to Yabbie Creek. But instead of going along the road that led into town, we turned right and followed a track into the bush. It was pitch black, the only light we could see was the dim illumination of the street lamps behind us. We found a small ditch, sort of like a dug out trench. We decided to spend the night here; we were too tired to keep running.

I awoke early the next morning, the sun was just starting to rise above the horizon. Tracey was still asleep next to me, sleeping as peacefully as a baby, I decided not to wake her. At least not at the moment. It was about half an hour later Trace woke up and we started to go back the way we came, and back onto the road. We joked and laughed; it was great just having fun without people hunting you down, hoping you were dead.

An hour later we arrived in town, cars covering the road, pedestrians were all over the footpaths. We booked a hotel room under a fake name of Zoe McCallister. Even though no one from the city really knew us, we still couldn't take any risks. The Summer Bay police station could track us down easily.

It was getting late, so we decided to have an early night, we would need our energy for tomorrow.

TO BE CONTINUED

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

This is the next chapter, it's dedicated to Emma (Sarah_lewis). The next chapter is dedicated to Andy, when I type it. :D

Chapter 3

The next morning, we awoke enthusiastically and headed to town to get some disguises, just in case anyone identified us.

As we adjusted our wigs as we walked quickly to the library to check our emails. There was one unread message. It was from Mark Perkins, our bomb supplier. I opened the message nervously, hoping he had our supplies ready.

To: Eve Jacobsen

Subject: Hi.

Hi Eve,

How is everything going? Just to let you know, I have your supplies ready. Come by my shed and you can come pick them up. Cheers, Mark.

I sent a quick reply saying thanks, and that we would get the supplies this afternoon.

We arrived at the shed at about 3pm. We walked around the back, banging on the door. It slowly started to open.

"Hey, who's your friend?" Mark asked, shaking our hands.

"This is Tracey", I told him, "Tracey Thompson".

"I'm her accomplice" she added, smiling.

Mark went back into the shed. Moments later he came back, handing us a cardboard box. The supplies.

"Now, back to the bay to finish our duties!" I declared.

TBC

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Fine, here's the next chapter.

Dedicated to Andy.

Chapter 4

We headed back along the highway to Yabbie Creek, driving the red 4WD that Mark had lent us. We pulled into the dirt track where we had found the trench that we had spent the first night in. We settled down, eating some takeaway we had got before we left town, talking quietly among ourselves.

The next morning, we woke early and got back into the 4WD. We drove into the bay, wearing our disguises. We parked in the car park outside Stewart's Point, then got our box and took it to a secret hideout we had found while bushwalking one day. "Damn! We forgot the wires!" I shouted.

"I'll wait here, you go get them" Tracey replied to me.

"Ok, I won't be long", I reassured her.

"Are you sure you're right here on your own?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just go, the quicker the better". We both laughed. I went and got the wires and then I went to get some lunch.

TBC

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Chapter 4 (continued)

As I drove to the diner to get some lunch for Tracey and I, Peter was sitting at a table. 'S**t', I thought. I grabbed our lunch, paid the money, and walked out of the diner as fast as I could. 'Geez', I thought, 'it sure is hot under this wig'. I had to take it off, at least just for a second. I hid behind a tree from around the corner of the diner and slipped off my brown wig. I shook my head and my curly blonde hair swayed from side to side. The cool breeze felt good in my face.

"Eve! We meet again! You're not dead after all?" a shocked Peter said, curiously.

Before I had time to protest, he grabbed me by the arm, leading me into his cop car.

"Where are you taking me?" I yelled at him.

No answer. "Where are you taking me you fool!" I repeated.

"To where you belong", he began. "With Tracey is where I belong", Ispat.

"I'm taking you to the Yabbie Creek mental institution".

"But I'm not crazy! I'm not a crazy person! Let me go! Let me go!" I screamed.

My phone began beeping. A text. It was from Tracey.

Eve, where the f**k are you?

Love, Trace xx

I replied: I'm so sorry Trace, I'm getting taken to that mental place! The stupid f**ker Peter caught me! Send.

I felt like I had betrayed her.....

TBC.

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

Chapter 5

"Ouch!" I yelled as Peter threw me violently into a cell, locking the door behind me.

An hour later, a sorrowful Tracey came up to my cell. She was handcuffed. Peter pushed her into my cell. He laughed, then turned and walked off without saying another word.

"Did he catch you too?"

"No", Tracey said softly. "I turned myself in".

"But why Trace?" I asked her.

"Well, I couldn't just leave you here alone now, could I?"

I hugged her tightly.

"Well, now we're both here, we're together forever, right?"

"Right" she agreed.

I remembered the locket necklace she had given me for my 21st birthday. I pulled it out of my pocket and put it on.

Tracey smiled.

"I'm glad you came for me" I told her.

TBC tomorrow hopefully!!!

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

I don't think Jane was very happy so here's the next part:

Now we were here together, there was nothing to tear us apart. Ha ha. How wrong I was. But I didn't find that out until later.

I remembered the razor I had in my left jeans pocket. I pulled it out and took my shoe and sock off my right foot.

"What are you doing?" Trace asked me. I didn't answer. I began cutting Tracey's name into the bottom of my foot.

"There, now you're with me forever, no matter what" I told her, admiring my work.

"Your turn now!"

Tracey's eyes bulged.

"No way you're doing that to me" she snapped, her voice sounded unsure.

"C'mon Trace, please?" I begged her. She blinked. She still looked unsure.

"Oh, alright" she finally gave in. She took off her right show and sock, same as me.

"Does it hurt?" she asked. I could tell she was having second thoughts about this.

"A bit", but you'll get used to it"

I gently held her foot and began carving in 3 letters. E. V. E. My name.

"See?, now nothing will separate us!" I told her.

"Yeah", Tracey smiled, "You're right!"

TBC

Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

The grand finale'!

"Eve?", she looked depressed.

"What?" I asked her.

"I can't do this anymore, I quit being your accomplice". Tears filled her eyes. "Look where it's got us"

"You mean you're going to turn us in?"

"Yeah, I'm so sorry Eve".

"It's ok" I lied, "I understand. Tears lined the outlines of my eyes. I tried to not let her see them.

How could she have betrayed me?

"But you can't!" I demanded, "We're together forever, don't you remember?"

"A scar doesn't mean anything" She replied to me.

I turned my back to her, getting the shiny pocket knife I hid in my backpack.

"I'm so sorry about this" I said to her, raising the glittering blade to her neck, "I'm so sorry for doing this".

Comments

Archived