Guest kaciexox

Story Title: Maybe I'm Amazed

Type of story: one shot

Main Characters: Jack, Martha and Cam.

BTTB rating: T

Genre: Romance

Does story include spoilers: Yes

Any warnings: No

Summary: Starts with the whole pole-dancing situation after Beth died and Cam is trying to strike a deal with that investor guy by putting Martha onstage.

I was really bored so I decided to write a one-shot about Jack and Martha. Just a note, i couldn't remember that guys name who Cam is trying to get a deal with using Martha so i just made up a name.

I based it on the song 'Maybe I'm Amazed' by Jem.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Martha sat in the dressing room of the Rocket Club. She looked at her watch. She had five minutes until she had to be onstage. Martha felt reluctant this time and she couldn’t figure out why. You’ve done this a million times before, she reminded herself. But still, she couldn’t shake the anxious feelings in the pit of her stomach. She looked down at her phone. She picked it up slowly and then put it back down. Martha hesitated and then picked it up again. She dialed the number she knew so well quickly before she backed down again. She took a deep breathe and put the phone to her ear. One ring, she counted, two, three, four. One more, she told herself, one more ring and then I’ll hang up, I shouldn’t be doing this anyway.

“Hello,” said the voice. Martha didn’t say anything. “ Hello,” the person said again.

“Jack,” Martha breathed.

“Martha is that you?” Jack asked

“Yes,” Martha whispered

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked worriedly

“Nothing,” Martha said, “I just needed to hear your voice,”

“Why? Oh my God has Cam done something to you?”

“No, I’m just feeling… actually I don’t know how I’m feeling. I just need to talk to someone and you’re the only one that I feel I can talk to,” Martha whispered.

“How about we go for a walk on the beach and we can talk?” Jack asked

“I have to dance in about three minutes…” Martha began

“No you don’t” Jack cut in.

“I don’t what?” Martha asked confused.

“You don’t have to do anything, especially not dance,”

“Yes I do Jack. I’ll meet you at the beach in half an hour.” Martha said.

“But…” Jack began but Martha had already hung up.

Martha twirled around the pole. She didn’t want to do this but she normally had no problem with it. She didn’t know what was wrong with her. One thing she noticed was that hardly any guys were cheering her tonight. But she didn’t care, suddenly she didn’t like the idea of guys cheering her. All of a sudden, she saw Mandy come out onto the stage and start dancing too. Suddenly all of the guys were cheering again. Martha didn’t know what was going on so she just kept dancing. Soon, Mandy came close to Martha.

“Get off the stage now!” muttered Mandy through a clenched smile. Martha left the stage happily, though she wondered why Mandy had pulled her off the stage. She walked into her dressing room.

“What the hell was that!” yelled Cam coming through the door and throwing his hands in the air.

“Excuse me?” Martha asked.

“You were terrible, so terrible that I had to pull you off stage. I have Mr. Relandy out there and I put my best girl up there to win us a deal and you screw up. Jesus Martha!” Cam yelled.

“Cam, I’m sorry. I’m just not feeling myself tonight,” Martha said softly.

“Your sorry,” Cam muttered, “Do you think sorry is gonna fix it?” Martha shook her head.

“You may have just lost me the best deal that this club has ever seen!” Cam exploded.

“I think you’ve made your point Cam. I said I was sorry and there is nothing else I can do!” Martha said loudly, throwing on her clothes.

“I don’t think you understand the extent of damage you’ve done Martha!” Cam yelled.

“I don’t have to listen to listen to this!” Martha said as she went to walk out of the door. Cam grabbed her arm and swung her around.

“Yes you do!” Cam yelled. Martha pulled her arm away.

“No I don’t, I don’t have to do anything,” she said before turning on her heel.

As Martha approached the beach she saw a shadowy figure sitting on the sand. She knew it was Jack by the way he was sitting. Sometimes she surprised herself with how much she knew about Jack.

“Jack,” she said approaching him, Jack turned around and stood up, “You’re early,”

He smiled.

“So are you,”

Martha tried to smile but she knew she wasn’t fooling Jack.

“What is it?” he asked gently. Martha suddenly couldn’t hold back her tears as they flowed freely from her eyes. She ran forward and wrapped her arms around Jack, taking refuge in his strong arms. Jack held Martha as she cried. After a while Martha pulled away and she and Jack began walking along the beach. Although it was dark, the moon lit their way. Suddenly Jack laughed. Martha gave him a questioning look.

“It’s nothing. You just have a weird look on your face.” Jack said.

“I’m amazed…” Martha said.

“About what,” Jack asked

“I dunno. Maybe I’m amazed that you are still here for me after the awful things I’ve said to you. Maybe I’m amazed that here you are being here for me just because Cam yelled at me when a person who is basically your mum just died. I dunno, maybe I’m amazed of how stupid I’ve been these past months.” Martha said. Jack smiled.

“Maybe I’m amazed at the way I really need you,” Martha whispered.

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Love Me All The Time

Maybe I'm Afraid Of The Way I Love You

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way You Pulled Me Out Of Time

And Hung Me On A Line

Maybe I'm Amazed At The Way I Really Need You

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl

Who's In The Middle Of Something

That She Doesn't Really Understand

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe You're The Only Man

Who Could Ever Help Me

Baby Won't You Help Me Understand

Maybe I'm A Girl And Maybe I'm A Lonely Girl