Lean On Me

Guest Tasha

Topic Title: Lean on Me

Topic Description: Jack and Martha and Cam

Type of story: one-shot

Rating: T: Teen content. Mild or suggestions of adult content or themes.

Main Characters: Jack and Martha

Genre: Drama, Romance

Warnings: its all clean :D

Is Story being proof read: Yes

Summary: Now that Martha's secret job has been exposed, what will she do, what will Jack do?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right so i got bored last night and wrote a one-shot, of course Jack and Martha, and what better to write about then Martha's pole dancing :lol: Well what i wanted to happen after the guys found out :P Right, well thanks to Krystal and Becky for proofing it for me :) Enjoys!!!

Peter and his entourage of mates are at the Rocket Club for his bucks' night. They are sitting at the table cheering the pretty brunette, who is dancing around a pole, on. She swings around the pole, only to come face to face with the very people she never wanted see in this club, whom she never wanted to see her doing this. She looks into the eyes of one of those faces, and all she sees is hurt and anger, something she had caused. Feeling the tears starting to build up, she runs off stage, just as the one man she ever truly loved storms out of the club in disgust.

One hour later.

Martha was back at her apartment; sitting on the couch, tear stained eyes and tissues flooding around her. She couldn't believe what had happened earlier that night. She couldn't believe who had seen her. Martha had never felt so ashamed in her life, and she wanted nothing more than to change everything. She had seen the look in her estranged husband's eyes, and she hated her self for being the cause of that.

"Martha, say something," Cam begged as he knelt down in front of her, with his hands resting on her knees. Martha looked up at Cam, at his pleading eyes, and she never felt so angry in her life. It was Cam who sweet talked her and manipulated her into going up on the stage, making her go against all her beliefs and values. And it was because of him that Jack most probably hated Martha now. She couldn't stand being in the same room as him. She needed space. She needed air. She needed Jack.

"I'm going for a walk," Martha said, standing up abruptly and storming out of her apartment, slamming the door behind her, leaving a shocked Cam scratching his head, looking confused.

Jack was leaning against the railings by the beach, watching waves crash violently against the rocks. He couldn't believe the woman he loved, the woman he once thought he'd spend the rest of his life with, have children with, grow old with, was now dancing in her underwear, around a pole, pleasuring a room filled with middle-aged to old men, who lived sad, depressing lives. Jack had never felt so disgusted in his life, but he knew that Martha was not the one to blame; it was Cam's, and that's what angered Jack even more, to think that Martha could let another man manipulate her and use her again. Jack's thoughts were disrupted when he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He closed his eyes, and inhaled a deep breath, knowing very well who the owner of those hands was.

"Don't…" Jack said as he lifted Martha's hands off his shoulder and remained watching the waves. He couldn't look at her, because he knew if he did and he opened his mouth, he might say something he'd later regret. Martha let out a small sigh, as she took her position beside Jack, placing her arms against the railing, copying Jack's stance. She turned to look at him, only to see the same hurt and anger that she had seen earlier that evening.

"I'm sorry Jack. I'm really, really sorry." Martha said, as she wiped away a tear that had managed to escape. Jack, finally, turned to face her, just as another tear ran from its prison. Jack ran his thumb across Martha's cheek, eliminating the tear, and looked into his estranged wife's eyes, to only see a sad and scared girl who needed help.

"What happened to you, Martha?" Jack asked, breaking the silence. "Why are you doing this, falling into a world you once never dared to enter? Why are you letting yourself get used up again by yet another low-life scumbag? I would have thought you learnt your lesson after Ash, but you haven't, had you?" Jack demanded to know. Martha remained standing stationary, still taking in all the questions that had just been shot at her. He's right, she thought, I've been such an idiot.

"I, I don't know. I really don't know Jack. But I didn't want to go up on the stage, I really didn't. All I wanted to do was leave, to come home and never go back. But it was too late. I couldn't turn back. It was my job. Jack, do you know how much I got paid there. So much, and then I got more to dance. I thought it was going to be all right, you know. It was just meant to be a one-time thing, to cover for Mandy, but then he needed someone for tonight, and, and…" but before she could finish, all the tears that she had tried her hardest to hold back had fallen. Jack's heart broke as he watched Martha break down in front of him. Gathering her into his arms, Jack held her, stroking her hair, whispering calming words to her

"It's not your fault, I know that. There probably was never a Mandy in the first place. Cam is using you Martha. He doesn't care about you. All you are is a business investment to him. When will you see that?" Jack asked as Martha wiped away the last of her tears, for now. They were now sitting on the ground, Jack's arm wrapped around Martha's shoulders, her head lying on his shoulder. No words were spoken, just a lost soul processing everything she had just been told, and Jack, sitting and waiting for a response.

"What's going on here?" a voice asked, breaking the silence. Jack and Martha looked up, to see a not-so-happy looking Cam standing in front of them. Jack stood up, and helped Martha up as well.

"I want you to stay away from her," Jack told Cam, giving his a warning look, "If you go anywhere near her again, I will promise you, you'll wish you were never born."

"She's my girlfriend. You can't tell me what to do with her. You lost all rights to her several months ago when you decided to neglect her." Cam taunted back, hitting a nerve for Jack, who was about to take a swing at him, but was stopped by a Martha's voice.

"Jack, don't!" Martha pleaded, pulling Jack away from Cam. Jack looked at Martha, shocked by her actions. He couldn't believe she was taking his side. 'God, when will she ever learn?' Jack thought. 'I don't even know why I bother anymore.'

"Whatever," Jack said; removing his arm from Martha's touch and walking off in the direction of his house, leaving a smug looking Cam, and a teary eyed Martha.

"C'mon babe," Cam said, walking up to Martha's side, "Lets go home. You've had a long night. And don't worry about Jack. He doesn't know you, and he, along with the rest of your family, is just going to upset you even more. You don't-"

"Shut up Cam," Martha bellowed, "Don't you dare say that about Jack. Jack knows me more then anyone, and he genuinely cares about me, unlike you. You don't know me. You never did. All you want from me is the money that I could bring in for you. Well guess what? I quit, and I never want to see you again. And I don't want you to ever go near Jack, or any of my friends or family again." Martha then stormed off, but not towards her apartment.

Jack was sitting on the couch, engulfing an icy cold beer, while relating his encounter with Martha to his father. Tony was still in shock as to what he had witnessed earlier that evening at the Club. He couldn't believe the woman, whom he considered to be like a daughter, would participate in such an activity, was beyond him. Their conversation was disrupted by a knock on the door, where which Tony answered, only to be surprised to see an upset Martha standing in front of him.

"Hi Tony," Martha said, shuffling her feet in discomfort, unable to look her father-in-law in the eyes, "Is Jack here?" Tony nodded, and moved away from the door, allowing Martha to walk in. Jack, however, continued to drink his beer and watch the footy that had been playing in the background. Tony excused himself, heading off the bed, leaving the silent pair alone. Martha meandered over to the couch and plonked herself beside Jack.

"Jack, please just look at me; talk to me; help me," Martha pleaded. Jack, on the other hand, didn't budge. Martha let out a small sigh, reaching over the get a hold of the remote, and switched the television off. "Look, Jack, I'm sorry about before. I wasn't taking his side. I, I, I just didn't want you to punch him again. I heard everything you said to me on the beach. And you're right; I was just a business investment to him. And that is why I told him I quit and that I never want to see him in the Bay again. Like you said, he never cared about me. No guy ever has. Not Cam, nor Ash, nor Corey, nor Jesse. Jack, you're the only guy that has loved me for me, and not used me. And I was stupid enough to throw all that away, and for what? A lying, cheating scumbag, who lived a double life. And I'm sorry Jack. Tonight, at the club, when I saw you, I realised that everything you said the other day on the beach was true. I'm not myself, and I haven't been myself in a long time, and Jack, you're the only person who can help me, you're the only person I want to help me."

Jack turned to face Martha, and wiped away the tears that were falling down her face. Jack, once again, took Martha into his arms, but this time never wanting to let go. She needed him more then anything in this world, and Jack promised to help her pick up the pieces.

"You can always lean on me, because I'll always be here for you"

Lean on Me- Bill Withers

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise

We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on