Love Is In The Air

Guest ~Rosey~

Story description: Rachel and Kim. Rated: T

Type of story: oneshot

Main Characters: Rachel/Kim

BTTB rating: T

does story include spoilers: yes (at the time I wrote it)

Is story being proof read: Yes. It was by Skykat...I think

Any warnings: None that I can think of

summary: Rachel and Kim get married

Finally decided to post this!

Lol.

Yes, I do realise the date says 31st December, but that was when I started typing it, and then I forgot about it, so I havnt borthed changing it.

Its a short, oneshiot but meh.

Its my first one

Thankyou heaps to Kat (Skykat) for being my proof reader..and staying up till 2:30 to do it :P

The title is a bit weird, but oh well.

It was the day.

It was the day Rachel had dreamt of.

It was the day that 6 months ago, Kim had said:

“Rachel, will you do the honour in becoming my wife?”

It was the day when Rachel would finally hear the priest say to Kim:

“You may kiss the bride”

It was the day. 31st December 2006. New Years Eve. The best day of Rachel’s whole entire life.

She just hoped it would go to plan.

-----------

Rachel woke up. It was New Years Eve, the day of her marriage.

It was now 10am and the wedding was due to start at 11. Rachel was sitting in her house waiting for her 2 beautiful bridesmaids, Sally and Leah to arrive.

She sat down, and drank her coffee. She had been looking forward to this day for ages.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Rachel went to open it. It was Leah and Sally

“Hey you to, come right in” Rachel announced, as she opened the door

“Hey, thanks. We better hurry up, we don’t have much time” Leah replied.

Rachel looked at the clock. It was 10:15. Wow. Not much time. The bride just couldn’t be late.

“Right. I’ll go get dressed in my room and you two can take turns in the bathroom” Rachel said.

She went to her room, and closed the door behind her, lying on her bed. Her whole body was tingling with joy. She got up and walked over to her wardrobe and pulled open her lovely, white dress. She changed out of her dressing gown and into her dress.

She put of her shoes and got her makeup bag. Leah was going to do her makeup and Sally was going to do her hair. She walked out of her room, and both the bridesmaids were ready.

“You look beautiful” Exclaimed Sally

“Thankyou. So do you. And so does Leah” Rachel replied.

Rachel sat down on a chair, while Leah did her facial makeup and Sally fixed her hair. Soon, they were ready to go. The limo was waiting downstairs. The driver came out, and opened the door. Rachel got in, followed by Leah, and then Sally. He closed the door, got in his own seat and started driving.

-30 minutes later-

Priest: “Rachel. Do you take Kim to be you lovely wedded husband?”

”I do” she replied

Priest: “Kim. Do you take Rachel to be you lovely wedded wife?”

“I do”.

They stood there, smiling at each other, waiting for Brad to hand one ring to Rachel, and the other to Kim. Rachel looked over at him, he was fast asleep, standing on the alter! Rachel nudged him, and he jumped.

“Brad! The rings!” she hissed at him

“Oh. Right” Brad replied sleepily.

Brad handed the rings over to Rachel and Kim and they exchanged them

Priest: “I now pronounce you, husband and wife. Kim, you may kiss the bride.”

Kim leaned forward, slowly placing Rachel’s veil on top of her head. He kissed her, and all the guests clapped.

Rachel and Kim Hyde slowly walked down the aisle together, with Brad following and then the bridesmaids. There was also a flower girl, Baby Pippa. This was only because Sally knew that Pippa wouldn’t sit still if she saw Leah and Sally on the alter.

The limo was outside, once again, as Rachel and Kim got in it to get to the reception, where they would meet everyone else. The reception was in a old shed somewhere. When they got there, they were the first to arrive. They had to make sure everything was perfect. They looked around for gas cylinders, and went to ask the cook to make sure there were no sparklers on the cake.

Soon enough, everyone else started arriving. Everyone was seated and most of the food was eaten. Then the speeches began

Rachel, Kim, Brad and Leah all made long speeches; Rachel’s being the longest of all.

After all the dancing, everyone started to get in his or her car and go home. It was a good end to a good day. Rachel just hoped nothing would spoil it.

They both got home and Rachel went to the bathroom and pulled out a pregnancy stick. She did what she was told and waited. It beeped. Rachel looked over at it. It was positive. For a minute she thought her heart had skipped a beat. After all this trying, her wish had finally come true.

She walked out of the bathroom and into her bedroom, wrapped it up and wrote Kim on the card.

She walked out into the lounge room.

“Babe. I almost forgot to give you this.” Rachel announced

She hadn’t almost forgotten but she didn’t want to make it look like she had just tried it.

Carefully, Kim opened it. He really wasn’t expecting to be what it was. When he saw the positive sign, he leaned over and cuddled Rachel, kissing her on the head.

“This is the best wedding present I could ask for.” Kim said.

- End -

Comments

Archived