Lips Of An Angel

Guest shellybelly46

Story description: Jack and Martha

Type of story: One Shot

Rating: General

does story include spoilers: yes

Is story being proof read: yes

Any warnings: -

summary: Jack is with Sam but Martha misses Jack, what happens next?

- There was no bashing but everything else has happened.

- I'm officially in-love with this song

- Thanks to Krystal for proofing

Lips of an angel

It was a dark, misty night, darker than normal. No stars, hardly any moon. Martha felt alone; she was alone. By herself, in her own apartment a silently stillroom filled the environment around her. No sound or movement dare disrupt the stillness. So silent; yet so deafening. Martha sat firm on the couch staring out her window. Her mind was so full; with thoughts and emotions, people and actions, mistakes and errors and nothing she said, did or wants to do well fix any of her problems.

Martha reached for the phone. She was curled up cozy in the couch. Legs tucked up in front of her, her arms wrapped around them hugging herself. She searched her phone for a number; Jack’s number. She looked at the screen, reading his name and number. The clock in the corner of her phone stared willingly at her. She can’t call her ex at eleven at night. It’s not right; she just wants to here his voice.

Martha sled her body down further onto the couch. Burying her head into the cushions; crying. The only thing she wants, the only thing she needs is to her Jack’s voice to tell her things are going to be okay, things will get better, to tell her that he loved her.

But that’s not going to happen now that’s she’s screwed him over. The thought of Jack being happy with someone else tore Martha to pieces. Someone being so happy and joyful with Jack just makes her so angry and furious inside. It’s upsetting that someone like Sam; someone so successful can do something she can’t. She can give Jack what he wants, love and support unconditionally. Knowing now what she’s missing out on, Martha just wants to rewind, go back and start over, afresh. Maybe this time it’d work if they both agreed to make it work. She still loves Jack and he’s told her he loves her as well, even when he’s with Sam he told her that he loved her. Ash was the biggest mistake of Martha’s life. Not because he was using her like a doormat and getting what he wanted but because she lost Jack forever because of it. Martha was dumb, stupid and unintelligent when the warnings came, denying everything and everyone that warned her.

Martha pulled herself up from the couch. She pulled a jacket on and grabbed her car keys. She was desperate to see Jack, to talk to him, to let him hold her, she just needed him.

She strode up to The Pad. She assumed that’s where Sam and Rory would be staying as well. Kim and Rach moved out after they’re wedding, she just assumed Sam would have moved in. Martha knocked lightly on the door. It was late but she saw the light from the TV seeping through the window, she didn’t want to disturb Rory if he was sleeping there.

Jack got up off the lounge and tiptoed over to the door, releasing the lock. He opened it slightly, peeping through the gap. He scrunched his face up in confusion when he recognised it was Martha standing on his doorstep.

“What? What are you doing here?” he asked softly.

“Hi,” Martha replied shyly, slightly shedding a tear. Jack noticed her teary eyes.

“What’s wrong?” he asked opening the door, letting Martha enter. She walked in and looked around, trying to figure out whether Sam was there or not.

“Is Sam here?” she whispered.

“Yeah…” Jack replied unaware why Martha wanted to know. “She’s in our…my…” Jack stalled; you can’t tell your ex-wife that it’s now their bedroom that used to be hers as well.

“Bedroom…” Martha finished off for him looking down. Jack looked down too.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered looking back up to where Martha stood. He walked up to her, placing himself in front of her, millimeters away from her body. “Martha…” Using two fingers Jack lifted her head, making her look into his eyes. It broke his heart seeing her cry. Even thought he was with Sam, he knew deep down he didn’t want to be. “What are you doing here?”

“I just… I just needed to hear your voice,” she said honestly. Jack smiled.

“You could have rang,” he smiled.

“But that defeats the purpose of me coming here,” Martha perked up.

“Jack…” Martha sighed.

“Can you not say my name, please,” Jack said. Martha stopped, shocked that he just told her that. Jack noticed Martha tense up and fall back into down mode. “…Because it sounds so cute and it’s nice to hear you say my name in a loving way...” Jack mumbled. He took her hand as Martha smiled. He knew it was wrong of him to be doing this since he is in a relationship but even worse is that the girl he is with is in the next room.

“Come with me,” he whispered into her ear leading her out the door.

Jack led Martha up some rocks over looking the ocean. The moon lit up the water gracefully, well what there was of the moon. It beamed onto Martha’s face, lining her face perfectly.

“And we’re here why?” Martha asked confused. Jack just smiled cutely at her.

“Do you know remember this spot?” he smirked.

“Of course, it’s the place that holds the best memory of my life. Kissing the man of my dreams for the first time,” she smiled back at him. Jack looked down. ‘The man of my dreams’, he knew it was wrong of him to be here with her but nothing will ruin this, he won’t let it.

“Jack you shouldn’t be here,” Martha told him. “You’re supposed to be at home…with Sam, or Kylie or whatever,” she said.

“You make it hard to stay faithful to her,” Jack simply said taking Martha’s hands again.

“Please don’t…” Martha said shakily. Jack’s touch made her go weak. “You’ll only regret it tomorrow and I won’t let myself get hurt again. I can’t. I’m not the person who wants to be someone who someone else cheats with especially after the whole Ash incident and I just…”

“Martha. Shhh,” Jack interrupted placing a finger to her lips.

Their eyes locked. Immediately sparks flew Martha grabbed onto Jack’s hips pulling him closer to her. Jack used his forearms to brush Martha’s hair back until they reached her shoulders taking their resting spot. Jack moved his head down, pushing his lips against Martha’s. They both waited long enough for this moment and now that it’s finally here, everything lived up to their expectations, they got more. They were both happy. One thing was Sam. What’s going to happen with her? Jack didn’t dare think, all his concentrations were on Martha, the lips of an angel.

Lips of an angel - Hinder

Honey why you calling me so late

It's kinda hard to talk right now

Honey why you crying is everything okay

I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room

Sometimes I wish she was you

I guess we never really moved on

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name

It sounds so sweet

Coming from the lips of an angel

Hearing those words it makes me weak