Guest Adia

Story Title: Extras

Type of story: short fic

Main Characters: Lara, Nurse Julie

BTTB rating: G

Genre: Drama

Does story include spoilers? No

Any warnings: no

Summary: It's just about the lives of the other people in Summer Bay that don't get any attention, mostly Lara and Nurse Julie.

Okay, I had this idea for this fic today and I thought I better write it down before I forget. It's about the other characters in the Bay that we never really get to see... Nurse Julie, Lara etc. I haven't really planned itor anything, but here is what I've written so far. Sorry its not very good, but please tell what you think and whether or not you want me to continue it... thanks heaps!

Chapter One:

Julie’s POV

It’s been such a quiet day today. There have hardly been any patients come through, and I’m pretty much on top of everything else. I’ve kept myself busy by cleaning out some the old filing cabinets. Rachel has another drama going in her life, no surprises there really. I try to be a good friend and lend a compassionate ear. She’s devastated that Kim doesn’t want to have kids. After all that he’s been through the last few years I don’t really blame him. I listen intently and tell Rachel that everything will be okay. If she ever needs anything I will be here. She smiles cheerfully and goes to do her rounds.

I’ve been in the Bay for a few years now, and there is always something going on… some sort of drama that grips the whole town. It’s good gossip I guess, but sometimes I wish that interesting things would happen to me. I must seem so boring compared to everyone else. Maybe that’s why Rachel never asks about my life outside work?

I might give Lara a call, see if we can meet up tonight for some drinks. I have to tell her about my conversation with Dave. I’m quite excited actually. I really think that he likes me.

Lara’s POV

Gosh Ash is annoying me. He comes in here and takes over everything like he runs the place. AND he keeps calling Darren “Constable McGrath!” What is with that? He’s actually the Senior Sergeant… the guy who’s in charge here? I feel like correcting him, but I’m sure one of the Seniors will wipe that smarmy look of his face soon enough. I wish Jack was back. He was way more of laugh than Ashton. That reminds me, I have to send that card I made up to Jack. He seems a bit down at the moment.

Darren’s given me a shoplifting case to work on. A few months ago I was helping Peter with all the stalker stuff and Jack with the pyro stuff. I feel like I’ve been demoted. It’s okay I guess. At least I don’t have to work with Ash. That’s the best part about it. I cannot believe that he is dating Martha. SO much for being Jack's best mate huh?

Grrr, that guy just totally gets to me. Okay Lara, just don’t think about trash like that, don’t think about him… Think of… oh I know that hot fireman Dave. He is gorgeous. I really want to ask him out, but guys don’t usually go for chicks like me. I think it’s to do with my job.

Maybe I should take a chance with Dave? Just go for it eh?

My cell phone’s ringing. Hmm, it’s Julie. I wonder what she wants?

• 4 months later...

Archived