Beach of Blood

Guest victim-ofthenight

Type of Story currently this installment to be continued in my very limited free time

BTTB Rating T

Main Characters Zoe McCallister, Tracy Thompson, Peter Baker,Morag BellingHam

Genre shock/dramatic

Any Warnings -violence and death

Does story include spoilers? No

Summary.-A reworking of episodes 4190-4212 set as a finale with alterations to the outcome

i have based this on the events of a few existing and fictional episodes running up to the season finale and including " my version" of the finale , and clearing up another unfinished storyline from may this year, by combining both fact and fiction into a fic

" Merry flamin christmas indeed" Alf stated rolling his eyes at morag, Morag glared at her brother and smirked at his comment, regarding his being forced to take the role of Santa in Colleens christmas pageant.

Alf and Morag pick up the boxes of costumes as they leave the diner " Stupid woman these costumes are old" exclaimed Morag, "yeh rocks in her head" replied Alf as they approached the car. Peter looked very concerned as he approached the pair in the dark night he could only just be made out by the glow of the moon, "what the flamin hells going on here" Alf yelled, Peter Took a deep breath and told the pair earlier that evening colleen had been murdered in her mobile home and thats why she hadnt attended the diner were they awaited her, " Good lord" a shocked Morag gasped, " Hogans flamin ghost" said Alf " erm how" he asked, "Well we got forensics on it now but it looks like she was struck with an object such as an axe" explained Peter "Strewth" Alf said.

The shaken pair get in their car and head for the fletcher house where they break the news of Colleens demise, a sudden fear entered their minds as they realised it was on the premises of where they currently are meeting for the christmas pageant meeting.Beth suggested they all stayed in the one place until Peter told them otherwise, whilst Irene suggested they continue the pageant as a mark of respect to colleen's memory, they all shook heads in agreement " well darls i'll whack the kettle on" said irene, " i got the costumes in the uit i'll get them now" said Alf.The night went quickly as midnight approached they all decided to call it a night from setting up the pageant and call the remaining bay members to tell them to lock doors until they are sure this is an isolated incident and Peter has the purportrator.

Amanda stared strangely at Dan and Leah as she took Peter's phone call, " thanks" said Dan " yes Amanda it was a lovely dinner party" smiled Leah, " your welcome" said Amanda as she went on to explain Peter's investigation and the fact all residents were to stay inside tonight.Ryan made no attempt to be subtle in his listening at the door, Amanda placed him back in his bed and told him what he heard was a game mummy was playing with Dad and Auntie Leah.

"Oi baker boy you old sod how longs it been" said the voice from the entrance to Peter's office, " Tracy Thompson" he exclaimed as he approached the coffee machine, " hows life in the city" he asked " bloody busy" Tracy laughed, " so" she added " what we got so far on this smart womans demise?", " Not a brass razoo" angrily replied Peter. The morning sun was now rising over summer bay when Darren Mcgrath knocked on Peters office door " your in luck Pete the mongrel left a spot of blood at the scene running it through database now" " excellent" excitedly replied Peter.

Jack was shocked to find the blood was that of Peter himself at the scene as he approached Mcgrath with the results, " good god " replied Mcgrath " we cant ignore this" he added looking worried. Tracy looked into the filing cabnet as Mcgrath entered the office, " got something for me sgt?" she asked, " erm not exactly wheres Peter?" he answered, " Gone to get some shut eye for an hour told him id phone with the results" Tracy explained, 2 we need him in his our man as hard as this is we cant pretend we havent seen this forensic report" announced Mcgrath.

Morag stormed her way into yabbie creek police station slamming her briefcase on Mcgrath's deak " ERM tell me" she said " how on earth could such a mistake occur Peter a murderer most ridicolous thing i have ever heard" she snapped " Where is he then" she added, Mcgrath pointed towards the custody suite " thank you" Morag snapped as she stormed into the suite, " oh for heavens sake Peter how did you get set up for this erm indeed, do tell me you were set up yes"? she asked , " Of course i was set up Morag for heavens sake im a good cop i dont understand any of this" " indeed" she said " we better get started on your case and fast and pray this psycho strikes again or you are in a big mess".

Leah and Sally looked at each other in shock, How could it be Peter could never kill he was a fine man with a good life good job and great honesty,the pair were very nervous about breaking the news to Drew and Dan as well as Amanda. Back at the police station Morag informed Peter that events did not look good "Erm tell me as you was the first on the scene can you verify how you came to be there" Morag asked peering over her glasses at Peter "she wanted me to play a silly role in her play i simply went over there top tell her im going overseas for the festive season" Peter replied " Well your job is to convince them incompetant buffoons you work with of your innocence" said Morag.

Tracy demanded Jack tipped his coffee away and come out on call with her to prove Peters innocence, He nodded handing the cup to constable Fitzgerald, "There is a killer in this outback town and i intend to find them now we know they obviously have a grudge against Pete" Tracy announced to Jack as she stepped into the vechicle " where do you think our first port of call should be your from around here?" she added. Jack smiled at her and suggested they start with family, Tracy nodded and hit the accelarator.

Belle and Matilda decided it was time the boys had a taste of their own medicine, regarding all the pranks they had pulled recently, they headed up the steps to Peters empty apartment where they had planned to entice the boys for their prank, " sorry " said Matilda as she turned round to see she had bumped into a woman.. " watch where your going" said the woman, " havent i seen you somewhere before" ask Matilda " No now get out my way" angrily replied the woman. The woman was dressed in a light pink bordering purple skirt, White shirt and glasses, and Matilda guessed her age at around 22.The woman glared back with an evil stare as she entered the apartment next to Peters, as she stepped inside, Belle and Matilda listened in at the door they were sure she was acting strange and up to no good.

They peered carefully around the meeshed door to see the woman putting up her christmas tree, she put her hands on her hips as they heard her faintly say " merry christmas summer bay im back". Matilda told Belle she definetely looks familiar to her but she couldnt place it and it was bugging her. The woman then picked up her mobile phone and Mattie and Belle listened in " thats right TROOD,Maxine" " yes no i dont have a credit card i want to pay in cash just have the fertilizer ready this arvo ohhhh i will indeed find a use for that amount" she smirked as she hung up,, Matilda and Belle ran back down the steps as the woman barged towards the door of the apartment down the steps and into her car speeding off like a rocket.

Morag was desperately trying to pull Peter out of his dire situtation with little sucess, until Jack knocked on the door, " Pete, Justice Bellingham" he addressed the pair, " yes" they replied in unison, " your off the hook Pete" Jack informed the detective " there has been another murder" he added " who was killed and how" asked Peter "Macca" replied jack " i have cleared with mcgrath for the rest of the week off Martha will need a friend" " awww how sweet" Morag sarcastically replied " cant that good for nothing joker Nader comfort her erm no second thoughts id rather he stayed clear" added Morag. Peter signed his release form and went straight back to duty, Tracy came back into the station " i got a name" she said "Maxine Trood"

In the diner Leah was so pleased to see Peter standing in front of her after hearing the story " who in blue blazes is maxine trood" asked Irene, " dont know but im not resting till i find out" said Peter Grabbing his muffin and takaway coffee " all Tracy said was Matilda and Belle gave that name from an overheard conversation but no address must be another reason for that but thats not here nor there" " then how do you know this maxine womans the killer" asked Racheal as she approached the counter, " well" Peter answered " her car as described by the kids was seen driving off at speed from the vicinity of Micheal Mckenzies murder"

The community gathered the next day for the final pageant rehearsal in the surf club, there was much unease after the 2 murders and the mysterious Maxine on the loose, Peter decided to pull Belle and Matilda aside from the pageant and get them to look at some photos at the station in order to indentify Maxine but nothing came good of it. "You thought you recognised this woman" enquired Tracy as she sat on the desk " Yes" replied Mattie " i think it's best Beth Hunter was here for these questions just as an aire of caution" she added, Peter nodded " we need to catch this psycho before she strikes again" angrily snapped Peter, " agreed to murder people at random in a small seaside town is rather an unusual profile" said Tracy. Matilda suddenly froze in fear " is something wrong have you remembered something" asked Peter " it was Zoe McCallister" Peters face dropped to the floor as Tracy looked bewildered. Thats impossible Peter yelled jumping up and pushing his chair to the floor, "this isnt happening" he added punching the filing cabinet " are you sure Matilda you cant be wrong about this" Peter asked " 200% sure" Mattie answered.

"**** that bitch" Peter was angrily yelling " Pete for gods sake will you calm down and tell me who Zoe McCallister is" sharply dictated Tracy " last year ,Peter began Various members of the community were recieving anoymonous notes saying " TICK TOCK....TICK TOCK" or " BANG BANG....YOUR DEAD" " there was a murder mystery party and a bomb was planted it turned out to be the sweet bubbly nurse who had recently joined Northern districts Hospital only thing is she wasnt so bloody sweet she was an ex psych nurse with an obsession with bombs and scare tactics GOD DAMN THIS" " i should have guessed i was being framed and who by the clever bitch" he snapped " only thing was i saw her die with my own eyes"

" quite clearly she didnt though did she so we need to pinpoint where to focus our investigation" gently enticed Tracy. "Matilda this is vital " said Pete more calmily " i dont give a rats behing whatever you and Belle may or may not have done i need your help to Catch Eve " hang on hold the press" interupted Tracy " eve? i thought this fruitloops name was Zoe" " was an assumed identity Trace her real names Eve Jacobson"

" next door to you detective Baker announced Matilda" " oh my god" said a shocked Tracy

" Right" yelled Peter at Jack and Mcgrapth " i want Harper Rice Nader and Andrews in here now all of you are coming with me bring guns" " what is the operation" enquired mcgrath " 2 words yelled Peter Zoe McCallister"

Peter kicked the door down as Tracy and Jack charged ahead with guns pointing there was no sign of Zoe in the apartment just 3 bags of fertilizer and some news paper cuttings for death threats "DAMN" yelled Peter shes ahead of me again " oh pull yourself together Pete pull yourself together or go home" ordered Tracy " i want that laptops harddrive analysed by forensics right this minute" she continued pointing at the table before her, " needless to say the community must not hear of this womans survival" " Detective Thompson" Ken Harper called " yes Ken" she answered " take a look at this ghost files shes planning on playing games with Pete again shes already drafted an email to send to his office to meet him at the old abbatoir" " right you know what you got to do here Pete she said"

Back at the surf club the rehearsals were over and everyone was packing up to go home, Jack walked over to Beth and quietely informed her of Matties help in the enquirys and asked everyone if anyone matching " Maxines" description had shown up to watch the rehearsals that evening but no one was any help. Peter jumped out of his car grabbed his gun and entered the building after awaiting Zoes email, He kicked the door open carefully searching in all directions before proceeding, He stopped with a chill as a door slammed behind him and a familiar voice spoke over an intercom " merry christmas detective now stay where you are turn around did you miss me?" "so it is you you sadistic bitch" Peter answered " now thats not very nice detective" said the masked person before him, she removed her hood to prove herself as he knew her " now i got something to say game over get in there and admit u missed me" Before he knew it she grabbed Peters arm behind him and tried to throw him off the roof. Tracy and Jack managed to pin her down and arrest her in time.

A shocked community gets ready to celebrate Colleen's Memory with the pageant relieved Zoe has at last been bought to justice. Irene gets everyone in place to take their roles " whats wrong darl?" she asks Peter " nothing much just waiting for Tracy to ring to say Zoe is safely in the city so we can enter the new year with a fresh harmonous start" he replied.

Suddenly " surprise detective stay where you are" a voice screamed, on lookers were shocked to see Zoe with Sally at needlepoint " thought you had seen the last of me" she added " wrong answer merry bloody christmas i always said summer bay would pay" " now my very good friend here Sally has got a christmas present for you all too ohhhh Baker never ever relax it doesant become you" " whats the present" he demands " and how did you escape" " oh detective" she replied " i have got a very very good friend in the police force you may know her Tracy Thompson shes very kind to me you see Baker she let me go all i ahd to do was seduce her now back to here and now Baker" " where is Thompson now then Zoe" he demanded

" she overtsayed her usefullness she had to go ohhhh detective so quick so easy anyway SAL here has a surprise for you TICK TOCK TICK TOCK". Zoe lifts Sallys top to reaveal explosives strapped to her body,,, " WHERE ARE YOU GOING MR STEWART" blared Zoe "dont bother trying to exit all the walls have been electrified " you wont get away with this" Cassie said " too late sweety pie this is the end of the road" " you can thank our very good friend here detective Baker if he had kept his bloody nose out poor Sal would be ok..............

BANG.....................

to be continued in the new year when i write my 2007 season premiere

i have based this on the events of a few existing and fictional episodes running up to the season finale and including " my version" of the finale , and clearing up another unfinished storyline from may this year, by combining both fact and fiction into a fic

" Merry flamin christmas indeed" Alf stated rolling his eyes at morag, Morag glared at her brother and smirked at his comment, regarding his being forced to take the role of Santa in Colleens christmas pageant.

Alf and Morag pick up the boxes of costumes as they leave the diner " Stupid woman these costumes are old" exclaimed Morag, "yeh rocks in her head" replied Alf as they approached the car. Peter looked very concerned as he approached the pair in the dark night he could only just be made out by the glow of the moon, "what the flamin hells going on here" Alf yelled, Peter Took a deep breath and told the pair earlier that evening colleen had been murdered in her mobile home and thats why she hadnt attended the diner were they awaited her, " Good lord" a shocked Morag gasped, " Hogans flamin ghost" said Alf " erm how" he asked, "Well we got forensics on it now but it looks like she was struck with an object such as an axe" explained Peter "Strewth" Alf said.

The shaken pair get in their car and head for the fletcher house where they break the news of Colleens demise, a sudden fear entered their minds as they realised it was on the premises of where they currently are meeting for the christmas pageant meeting.Beth suggested they all stayed in the one place until Peter told them otherwise, whilst Irene suggested they continue the pageant as a mark of respect to colleen's memory, they all shook heads in agreement " well darls i'll whack the kettle on" said irene, " i got the costumes in the uit i'll get them now" said Alf.The night went quickly as midnight approached they all decided to call it a night from setting up the pageant and call the remaining bay members to tell them to lock doors until they are sure this is an isolated incident and Peter has the purportrator.

Amanda stared strangely at Dan and Leah as she took Peter's phone call, " thanks" said Dan " yes Amanda it was a lovely dinner party" smiled Leah, " your welcome" said Amanda as she went on to explain Peter's investigation and the fact all residents were to stay inside tonight.Ryan made no attempt to be subtle in his listening at the door, Amanda placed him back in his bed and told him what he heard was a game mummy was playing with Dad and Auntie Leah.

"Oi baker boy you old sod how longs it been" said the voice from the entrance to Peter's office, " Tracy Thompson" he exclaimed as he approached the coffee machine, " hows life in the city" he asked " bloody busy" Tracy laughed, " so" she added " what we got so far on this smart womans demise?", " Not a brass razoo" angrily replied Peter. The morning sun was now rising over summer bay when Darren Mcgrath knocked on Peters office door " your in luck Pete the mongrel left a spot of blood at the scene running it through database now" " excellent" excitedly replied Peter.

Jack was shocked to find the blood was that of Peter himself at the scene as he approached Mcgrath with the results, " good god " replied Mcgrath " we cant ignore this" he added looking worried. Tracy looked into the filing cabnet as Mcgrath entered the office, " got something for me sgt?" she asked, " erm not exactly wheres Peter?" he answered, " Gone to get some shut eye for an hour told him id phone with the results" Tracy explained, 2 we need him in his our man as hard as this is we cant pretend we havent seen this forensic report" announced Mcgrath.

Morag stormed her way into yabbie creek police station slamming her briefcase on Mcgrath's deak " ERM tell me" she said " how on earth could such a mistake occur Peter a murderer most ridicolous thing i have ever heard" she snapped " Where is he then" she added, Mcgrath pointed towards the custody suite " thank you" Morag snapped as she stormed into the suite, " oh for heavens sake Peter how did you get set up for this erm indeed, do tell me you were set up yes"? she asked , " Of course i was set up Morag for heavens sake im a good cop i dont understand any of this" " indeed" she said " we better get started on your case and fast and pray this psycho strikes again or you are in a big mess".

Leah and Sally looked at each other in shock, How could it be Peter could never kill he was a fine man with a good life good job and great honesty,the pair were very nervous about breaking the news to Drew and Dan as well as Amanda. Back at the police station Morag informed Peter that events did not look good "Erm tell me as you was the first on the scene can you verify how you came to be there" Morag asked peering over her glasses at Peter "she wanted me to play a silly role in her play i simply went over there top tell her im going overseas for the festive season" Peter replied " Well your job is to convince them incompetant buffoons you work with of your innocence" said Morag.

Tracy demanded Jack tipped his coffee away and come out on call with her to prove Peters innocence, He nodded handing the cup to constable Fitzgerald, "There is a killer in this outback town and i intend to find them now we know they obviously have a grudge against Pete" Tracy announced to Jack as she stepped into the vechicle " where do you think our first port of call should be your from around here?" she added. Jack smiled at her and suggested they start with family, Tracy nodded and hit the accelarator.

Belle and Matilda decided it was time the boys had a taste of their own medicine, regarding all the pranks they had pulled recently, they headed up the steps to Peters empty apartment where they had planned to entice the boys for their prank, " sorry " said Matilda as she turned round to see she had bumped into a woman.. " watch where your going" said the woman, " havent i seen you somewhere before" ask Matilda " No now get out my way" angrily replied the woman. The woman was dressed in a light pink bordering purple skirt, White shirt and glasses, and Matilda guessed her age at around 22.The woman glared back with an evil stare as she entered the apartment next to Peters, as she stepped inside, Belle and Matilda listened in at the door they were sure she was acting strange and up to no good.

They peered carefully around the meeshed door to see the woman putting up her christmas tree, she put her hands on her hips as they heard her faintly say " merry christmas summer bay im back". Matilda told Belle she definetely looks familiar to her but she couldnt place it and it was bugging her. The woman then picked up her mobile phone and Mattie and Belle listened in " thats right TROOD,Maxine" " yes no i dont have a credit card i want to pay in cash just have the fertilizer ready this arvo ohhhh i will indeed find a use for that amount" she smirked as she hung up,, Matilda and Belle ran back down the steps as the woman barged towards the door of the apartment down the steps and into her car speeding off like a rocket.

Morag was desperately trying to pull Peter out of his dire situtation with little sucess, until Jack knocked on the door, " Pete, Justice Bellingham" he addressed the pair, " yes" they replied in unison, " your off the hook Pete" Jack informed the detective " there has been another murder" he added " who was killed and how" asked Peter "Macca" replied jack " i have cleared with mcgrath for the rest of the week off Martha will need a friend" " awww how sweet" Morag sarcastically replied " cant that good for nothing joker Nader comfort her erm no second thoughts id rather he stayed clear" added Morag. Peter signed his release form and went straight back to duty, Tracy came back into the station " i got a name" she said "Maxine Trood"

In the diner Leah was so pleased to see Peter standing in front of her after hearing the story " who in blue blazes is maxine trood" asked Irene, " dont know but im not resting till i find out" said Peter Grabbing his muffin and takaway coffee " all Tracy said was Matilda and Belle gave that name from an overheard conversation but no address must be another reason for that but thats not here nor there" " then how do you know this maxine womans the killer" asked Racheal as she approached the counter, " well" Peter answered " her car as described by the kids was seen driving off at speed from the vicinity of Micheal Mckenzies murder"

The community gathered the next day for the final pageant rehearsal in the surf club, there was much unease after the 2 murders and the mysterious Maxine on the loose, Peter decided to pull Belle and Matilda aside from the pageant and get them to look at some photos at the station in order to indentify Maxine but nothing came good of it. "You thought you recognised this woman" enquired Tracy as she sat on the desk " Yes" replied Mattie " i think it's best Beth Hunter was here for these questions just as an aire of caution" she added, Peter nodded " we need to catch this psycho before she strikes again" angrily snapped Peter, " agreed to murder people at random in a small seaside town is rather an unusual profile" said Tracy. Matilda suddenly froze in fear " is something wrong have you remembered something" asked Peter " it was Zoe McCallister" Peters face dropped to the floor as Tracy looked bewildered. Thats impossible Peter yelled jumping up and pushing his chair to the floor, "this isnt happening" he added punching the filing cabinet " are you sure Matilda you cant be wrong about this" Peter asked " 200% sure" Mattie answered.

"**** that bitch" Peter was angrily yelling " Pete for gods sake will you calm down and tell me who Zoe McCallister is" sharply dictated Tracy " last year ,Peter began Various members of the community were recieving anoymonous notes saying " TICK TOCK....TICK TOCK" or " BANG BANG....YOUR DEAD" " there was a murder mystery party and a bomb was planted it turned out to be the sweet bubbly nurse who had recently joined Northern districts Hospital only thing is she wasnt so bloody sweet she was an ex psych nurse with an obsession with bombs and scare tactics GOD DAMN THIS" " i should have guessed i was being framed and who by the clever bitch" he snapped " only thing was i saw her die with my own eyes"

" quite clearly she didnt though did she so we need to pinpoint where to focus our investigation" gently enticed Tracy. "Matilda this is vital " said Pete more calmily " i dont give a rats behing whatever you and Belle may or may not have done i need your help to Catch Eve " hang on hold the press" interupted Tracy " eve? i thought this fruitloops name was Zoe" " was an assumed identity Trace her real names Eve Jacobson"

" next door to you detective Baker announced Matilda" " oh my god" said a shocked Tracy

" Right" yelled Peter at Jack and Mcgrapth " i want Harper Rice Nader and Andrews in here now all of you are coming with me bring guns" " what is the operation" enquired mcgrath " 2 words yelled Peter Zoe McCallister"

Peter kicked the door down as Tracy and Jack charged ahead with guns pointing there was no sign of Zoe in the apartment just 3 bags of fertilizer and some news paper cuttings for death threats "DAMN" yelled Peter shes ahead of me again " oh pull yourself together Pete pull yourself together or go home" ordered Tracy " i want that laptops harddrive analysed by forensics right this minute" she continued pointing at the table before her, " needless to say the community must not hear of this womans survival" " Detective Thompson" Ken Harper called " yes Ken" she answered " take a look at this ghost files shes planning on playing games with Pete again shes already drafted an email to send to his office to meet him at the old abbatoir" " right you know what you got to do here Pete she said"

Back at the surf club the rehearsals were over and everyone was packing up to go home, Jack walked over to Beth and quietely informed her of Matties help in the enquirys and asked everyone if anyone matching " Maxines" description had shown up to watch the rehearsals that evening but no one was any help. Peter jumped out of his car grabbed his gun and entered the building after awaiting Zoes email, He kicked the door open carefully searching in all directions before proceeding, He stopped with a chill as a door slammed behind him and a familiar voice spoke over an intercom " merry christmas detective now stay where you are turn around did you miss me?" "so it is you you sadistic bitch" Peter answered " now thats not very nice detective" said the masked person before him, she removed her hood to prove herself as he knew her " now i got something to say game over get in there and admit u missed me" Before he knew it she grabbed Peters arm behind him and tried to throw him off the roof. Tracy and Jack managed to pin her down and arrest her in time.

A shocked community gets ready to celebrate Colleen's Memory with the pageant relieved Zoe has at last been bought to justice. Irene gets everyone in place to take their roles " whats wrong darl?" she asks Peter " nothing much just waiting for Tracy to ring to say Zoe is safely in the city so we can enter the new year with a fresh harmonous start" he replied.

Suddenly " surprise detective stay where you are" a voice screamed, on lookers were shocked to see Zoe with Sally at needlepoint " thought you had seen the last of me" she added " wrong answer merry bloody christmas i always said summer bay would pay" " now my very good friend here Sally has got a christmas present for you all too ohhhh Baker never ever relax it doesant become you" " whats the present" he demands " and how did you escape" " oh detective" she replied " i have got a very very good friend in the police force you may know her Tracy Thompson shes very kind to me you see Baker she let me go all i ahd to do was seduce her now back to here and now Baker" " where is Thompson now then Zoe" he demanded

" she overtsayed her usefullness she had to go ohhhh detective so quick so easy anyway SAL here has a surprise for you TICK TOCK TICK TOCK". Zoe lifts Sallys top to reaveal explosives strapped to her body,,, " WHERE ARE YOU GOING MR STEWART" blared Zoe "dont bother trying to exit all the walls have been electrified " you wont get away with this" Cassie said " too late sweety pie this is the end of the road" " you can thank our very good friend here detective Baker if he had kept his bloody nose out poor Sal would be ok..............

BANG.....................

to be continued in the new year when i write my 2007 season premiere

thats was great babes i loved reading it hope u make more sweetheart love u babes :D xxxxxx

Archived