Misunderstood

Guest SfanS

In line with the New rules for fanfictions we would appreciate it if you would take five minutes to fill out the following information:

Topic Title – Misunderstood

Type of story: one-shot

Rating: G

Main Characters: SAlly/Peter/Colleen

Genre: A mixture

Warnings: 0

Is Story being proof read: No

Summary: A misunderstanding between the thre characters leaves someone to suffer heart ache.

In dedication to Jaguar Empress....

Merry Christmas!

Sally wished someone would come along and make her life perfect. Since Flynn had dies, almost a year ago, she had been lonely. It was late November already, and she could see the Christmas decorations, supplies and ads all around her. It was depressing.

Ric had been invited to the Hunter’s for Christmas, and Cassie was taking a holiday with Macca. That left her, Pippa and Alf. But Alf had changed his mind, was apologetic, but was going with Morag, Martha, and Jack to go and visit Roo, his daughter, in New York. She was going to be alone.

Ideas had been offered to her. She was going to visit Christopher, Pippa and Ian, but they had gone away as well, to have a lovely white Christmas. Sally felt as if everyone was running away because they didn’t want Christmas with her.

She took a walk on the beach that afternoon. It was a dreary, boring grey day, it suited her mood. She looked up to the sky, and saw a drop fall and land in the water, which was crashing madly against the rocks. Thinking of Flynn, and how she missed him, she was brought back to reality, when she bumped into Peter, who was only in his board shorts after a rough surf.

He was still wet, and they were close, only centimetres apart. “Sorry!” Sally apologised, as she realised what had just happened. “No, uh, my fault, wasn’t watching where I was going” Peter replied. An awkward moment, as they looked at each other, still close together, as the rain fell down, and thunder crackled.

Drinking hot chocolate that night, Sally curled up on the lounge, watching her and Flynn’s old favourite movie, but it just brought tears to her eyes.

Peter sat in his bed, reading, finding it hard to take in the words, but he couldn’t figure out what his distraction actually was.

And Colleen, in her small cosy motor home, thought of that morning, when she served the handsome detective Peter Baker, as he ordered a chocolate chip muffin. She remembered his blue eyes, how they sparkled, she sighed. How she wished Peter could be hers, all hers.

“Sal? Sally?” Alf’s voice woke Sally out of her daydreaming. She hadn’t realised it, but she’d been in another world, remembering her and Peter’s closeness the day before. “Oh, sorry Mr Stewart, I was, um, in another world, I guess” she replied.

“Eh, no kidding. Same as last night at dinner too…thinking about a particular person?” he asked her. “No…No, of course not!” she said defensively, but Alf just chuckled.

Peter had thought all night about his moment with Sally the day before and came to a conclusion. He liked her. He really liked her.

Peter walked into the diner, a strange smile on his face.

“Oh, hey Pete, what can we do for you?” Leah greeted him. Colleen saw Peter had come to the diner, and shooed Leah out of the way, saying to her “I’ll take care of this one” she said, and Leah, amused, walked away to serve someone else.

“What’s on your mind?” Colleen asked him, as Peter, like Sally, sat in a daze, eating his, yet again, choc chip muffin. Colleen reminded herself they were his favourite.

“Oh, a special woman, I guess. She’s real special” Peter told her. Colleen squealed with delight, running back into the Diner kitchen, thinking Peter was in love…with her!

“Oh Irene, Peter and I are in love!” she cried.

“Hah, right, Colleen, anything you say” Irene said, humouring her.

“Oh, you’re just jealous. I’ll show you on the day that Peter and I get married!” she cried, running back out to Peter, to discover he was gone.

At the end of her shift, she couldn’t wait to go and find Peter, and tell him she felt exactly the same way.

Peter walked over to Sally’s; he needed to tell her how he felt. He knocked on her door, and she answered, letting him inside. “Hi” he greeted her.

“Hey” she replied, nervously.

“Do you, maybe…want to go for a walk?” he asked her. She nodded, and they both walked out of the house, heading to the beach, one of both of their favourite places.

“I don’t know what’s happening, Sally, but I think…I think….” He tried to think of a way to put it, but he couldn’t. “You think, what?” she asked him.

“I think I might be in love with you!” he blurted out. Sally stood, in shock for a moment. “So…what do you think?” he asked her. There was only one thing Sally could do, as words didn’t make sense. She responded to his question by kissing him tenderly.

Colleen skipped out of the diner joyfully. In her old age, she couldn’t see very well, but from there, she could see two young figures kissing. “Ah, young love. That’ll be me and Peter soon” she said to herself, skipping back to the caravan park.

Later that day, she went over to Sally’s. She hadn’t been able to find Peter that afternoon, and she was so excited, she just HAD to tell someone that would understand about her and Peter. So she decided to tell Sally.

When she got there, Sally was daydreaming; she was doing that a lot lately. “Yoo-Hoo, only me!!” Colleen cried, coming through the front door. “Colleen, what a, um…nice surprise!” Sally said, as Colleen took a seat next to her. “Sally, you’ll NEVER guess what’s happened!” she cried.

As Sally listened to Colleen’s whole story, she became alarmed. “Pet, what’s wrong?” Colleen asked Sally, as she saw the look on her face. “Colleen, I’m really sorry, but there’s something I need to tell you…” Sally began.

Colleen was hurt and humiliated, and ran out of the house crying, as Peter came in. “What was that all about?” he asked sally, kissing her on the cheek first.

“Well, Colleen had this idea that you two were in love!” Sally exclaimed, and Peter burst out laughing. ”It’s not funny! Well, it sort of is, but Colleen’s really upset!” Sally cried, and Peter stopped. “Mmm, we need a way to make it up to her.” Peter said, deep in thought. “I’ve got it!” Sally cried, and told Peter her idea.

4 WEEKS LATER

“We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!” Pippa, Sally and Peter sang to Colleen. They had showed up at her mobile home, to invite her to join them for their Christmas as well. Pippa got up to try and place a Santa hat on Colleen’s head, like the she and the others were wearing. This was exactly the sort of thing Colleen liked. Christmas Spirit, that’s for sure!

They spent their day eating, laughing, talking and exchanging presents, which is exactly what Christmas should be about. Colleen had accepted she and Peter would never be lovers, but that Sally and Peter always would be....

THE END

Comments

Archived