Happiness Is Real

Guest Home and Away Always!!!

In line with the new fan fiction rules we would appreciate it if you took 5 minutes to fill out this form.

Story Title: Give it a name, any name we can edit it later

Type of story: long fic/ short fic/one shot

Main Characters:

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance (here)

Genre:

Does story include spoilers: yes/no

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language

Summary: 5 lines max

Thanks, the librarians.

Hi I decided to start a new fic about Matilda and Lucas (my other fave characters). Please tell me what you think.

Happiness is Real.

Chapter One:

I slid my best diamond earrings into my ears and fixed the clasps. I studied myself in the mirror. Tonight was my 21st birthday party at the Surf Club. Lucas would be here to pick me up any minute.

I was wearing my best party dress, a blinding white halter neck dress that flowed just above my knees, my diamond earrings and my diamond necklace with an ‘M’ that Lucas had given me for my 18th. I had silver eye shadow and glistening pink lipstick with my strappy white heels and my hair flowing over my shoulders.

“Mattie,” I heard Lucas call. I walked out of my room.

“Wow, you look amazing.” He murmured, kissing my cheek.

“You look pretty handsome yourself.” I said. He was wearing a black pair of formal pants and a white shirt with his blue tie.

“Do you want to go a bit early?” Lucas asked. “We can stop by the beach on the way.”

“Okay,” I agreed. “As long as I don’t get any sand on me.”

“You won’t.” he promised as we left the house.

We walked slowly to the Surf Club, hand in hand. I sighed happily. These moments were the ones I loved, just me and him together. We didn’t have to say anything; just being with each other was enough.

We paused at a bench over looking the beach and the sunset. The sight was just breathtaking.

“Why are we stopping?” I asked.

“Can we just sit down for a minute? I want to talk to you about something.”

“Sure.” I agreed, wondering what was up.

We sat on the seat and he turned to me. He took a deep breath.

“Matilda, from the first moment I saw you, I loved you. You were the only one I ever wanted to spend the rest of my life with. You are funny and intelligent, you’re beautiful, you never give up and you are so full of life. All these things just made me love you even more. We have definitely had some rough times, but all of them just made me realise how strong you are, and made me even surer that I am so in love with you. So, Matilda Hunter,” he said, pulling a box out of his pocket, “Will you marry me?”

I gasped, looking at the pink diamond ring in front of me. I looked at Lucas, his face shining with anxiousness and love. Tears came to my eyes; I blinked them back as I nodded my head.

“Yes, of course I’ll marry you!” I sobbed happily. He pulled me into an embrace, and then slid the ring on my finger. I leaned forward and kissed him, never wanting to let him go.

We arrived at the Surf Club, both beaming with happiness. Everyone was already there. They noticed when we entered and they called out “Happy birthday Matilda!”

The place looked gorgeous. There were silver banners with ‘Happy 21st’ written all over them and silver tablecloths. The theme was obviously silver.

I looked at Lucas. “Do you want to tell them now?” He nodded.

“Only if it’s alright with you.” He said. I nodded back.

We went up to the microphone set up at the front of the room. I spoke into.

“Hi everyone.” They all turned to us to listen. “Thanks for coming to my party. It means a lot to me that I can have so many great friends and family that I can celebrate with.” They all clapped. “But speaking of celebrations, we have a bit of an announcement to make. Lucas proposed to me this afternoon. We are getting married.” The room burst into applause and cheers.

We went over to our parents.

“Oh Mattie!” my mum put her arms around me and hugged me. “My baby girl is all grown up now.” She sighed. “Twenty one and engaged.”

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your lovely comments guys, I wasn't actually sure if anyone was reading this one but since you've asked nicely, here's the next chapter for you.

Chapter Two:

The rest of the party was fun. We all danced and drank and enjoyed ourselves. The party didn’t end until after one in the morning. By then everyone was pretty much dropping and we practically had to get pushed out the door by the older adults.

Mum, Tony, Lucas and I all walked home together. I think we needed our parents with us to make sure we got home safely, and didn’t wander off since we were so drunk.

I had been given awesome presents from my guests. Luc’s present was my engagement ring, but I didn’t care, I told him it was the best present in the world. Ric had got me a massive photo frame with ‘21st’ written over the top in curly silver writing. Cassie had made me a big silver scrapbook that she must have spent ages on. Inside were pictures of the last seven or so years. There were photos of Cassie and I, Ric and I, Lucas and Ric, Ric and Cassie, Lucas and I and pictures of all four of us. Each page had been carefully decorated all girly and feminine. The last page had two pictures on it: one of us when we were around sixteen, just a few days before Ric quit school, where we were all in our uniforms, then one taken by Martha at the beach not long ago. The two photos looked so alike yet different. It showed how much we had changed since being friends. The inscription inside the book read, ‘To my bestest and dearest friend Mattie. Happy twenty first birthday. I hope we’ll be friends for the next twenty one years and even longer. Love your best friend forever, Cassie.’

Mum and Tony had given me a new digital camera and Robbie and Tasha had a photo of nearly everyone in Summer Bay that was taken not long ago, blown up. From other people I had mostly gotten jewellery and perfume.

When we arrived home it must have been around nearly two o’clock. I headed straight for the bathroom and washed my face and removed my makeup. Then I changed into my nightgown. I was heading back to my room when Lucas stopped me in the hallway.

“Come and stay with me.” He whispered. “I want to be with my beautiful fiancée tonight.”

“Okay.” I whispered back, following him to his room.

We lay down in each others arms in his bed. He held me tight and kissed the top of my head. I snuggled closer to him, and we were both asleep almost instantly.

The next morning I awoke to Lucas smiling down at me.

“Morning.” He said.

I leaned in to kiss him. “Morning to you too.”

I turned and looked at the clock. It was nearly 11:30. We had plans with Ric and Cassie at 1:00pm.

“I’m cooking breakfast.” Declared Luc.

“Sounds good to me.” I murmured, pressing my lips against his.

We had breakfast together and then got ready for the beach.

“So, do you and Luc have any ideas for the wedding, or when it’s going to be on?” Cass asked. We were sitting on the sand while the boys surfed.

“Not really, but we talked about it a bit at breakfast. We can’t wait to start the next part of our life together, so we want to get married soon. Maybe in a few weeks?” I said.

“That’s awesome.” Cassie grinned. “I’m so happy for you two. You guys definitely belong together.

I smiled. “Thanks. And you are definitely going to be my bridesmaid.” I told her.

She giggled and clapped her hands in delight. “Oh goodie.”

The boys emerged from the water, still wet. Lucas came and kissed me, but I didn’t care that I was still dry but I was now getting wet.

Tell me what you think, this just didn't feel as good to me when I was writing it.

Archived