Things Will Never Be The Same Again

Guest Babylove

Chapter One

Belle sat on the beach resting her head on her knees. She was all cried out; she didn’t think there was another tear left inside her anywhere. She thought about the event that happened just two days ago that had once again turned her life upside down. She knew that it would come one day but it didn’t lessen the pain of it now that it had happened.

She knew Ric would never want to know her again and the whole town now knew that she was a murderer.

Two Days Ago

“Ric, I’m sorry,” Belle cried.

“You’re sorry? You caused the fall that caused him to die sooner than he should have. And all this time you’ve said nothing, and all you have to say is sorry?” Ric yelled.

“I know I should have said something. I was going to when I first got back, but you were already hurting enough I didn’t want to add to it. And then as time went on it just got harder to say anything,” Belle tried to explain.

“And that makes it alright does it?” scoffed Ric.

“No, I’m just trying to explain,” Belle said.

“Well it’s not good enough,” Ric replied with a touch of finality to it. “I don’t want to see you anymore.”

“Ric, please,” pleaded Belle.

“Belle, you killed Flynn. How could you think we’d ever come back from that?” Ric asked. “I want you to go.”

With that Belle turned and left the Caravan Park in tears.

Back to the Present

Since then Belle had also had a confrontation Cassie since then. And ever since the whole town looked at her differently as word had spread of her confession. The only people who had been remotely kind to her since then had been Tasha and Irene, and even then every time she looked at them she saw their disappointment and sadness.

She consoled herself with the fact that at least a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. But in its place a new weight had been added. The weight of everyone’s varying degrees of anger. She wasn’t sure what she should do now. She considered taking Cassie’s suggestion of leaving town. She didn’t have much to stay for.

Somewhere In the Bush

Eve looked around the abandoned warehouse with an evil smile on her face. This place would be perfect. It wasn’t a huge place, but big enough for what she wanted and it had several rooms which would be handy. The door to the room she was particularly interested in was a big iron door with a strong bolt on the outside. She had also added several more. The room also had steady iron bars across the window that no one would ever be able to break. It was exactly what she needed.

And even better this warehouse was even more secluded than the last one she had blown up. It looked like no one had been here in years. She wouldn’t have to worry about being discovered out here, once she put her plan into motion.

She looked down at her checklist for her latest plan to terrorise the Bay. She marked off another item, and looked at what was next on her list. It was time. Everything was in readiness.

It was show time.

Later That Afternoon

Peter was in his office staring at the whiteboard. It contained a summarised version of the facts of the Stalker case. Ever since Eve had announced her return by planting a bomb in his apartment he had been even more urgent to find her before she was able to hurt anyone.

Unfortunately it was already too late for that. Eve had claimed her first victim, that of young Charlie. The boy who had lived out in the bush and had been trying to befriend Kim Hyde and Rachel Armstrong. He knew it was her, because in true Eve style, she had admitted it when she had sent him an email telling him where the body was. It was just another way for her to torment him. And now the word was out that Eve was back the residents of the Bay were beginning to panic more than a little bit, increasing the urgency even further.

Peter was interrupted from his thoughts by a knock at the door. He turned around to see Jack Holden, the constable assigned to help him on the case, standing there.

“Hi, detective. I just thought I’d let you know that I was heading home if you didn’t need me,” Jack said.

Peter could see that Jack was hoping he didn’t. He had to give Jack credit, he’d been working back late with him on this case almost every night for the last few weeks.

“Sure, go. I’ll see you first thing in the morning,” Peter replied.

“Thanks,” said Jack appreciatively. Before he closed the door, he said to Peter “You should try and get a good night sleep yourself. It might help.”

“Thanks for the advice. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Peter replied, before turning back to his whiteboard.

At the Bachelor Pad That Night

“So where are Kim and Dan?” Martha asked Jack as they sat down to dinner.

Martha had to admit it was nice to be able to sit down to a nice meal with Jack. It had been a while since they had been able too.

“Well Dan’s over at Leah’s and Kim’s working late at the gym doing paperwork,” replied Jack.

“Is he still blaming himself for what happened to Charlie?” questioned Martha.

“I think he is a bit, though he won’t say anything,” Jack responded, concerned for his friend and flatmate.

Martha could see the concern on his face and put her hand on his reassuringly. Jack smiled appreciatively at the gesture.

They ate the rest of their meal, just enjoying each other’s company.

At the Gym

Kim was just finishing the last of the paperwork. Ever since he’d found out Zoe, or Eve or whatever she called herself, was back and that she had killed Charlie, he had thrown himself into his work. That on top of what had happened to his dad had made it really hard to cope.

He had been made manager of the gym recently and he had been enjoying until recent events. He knew he wasn’t being fair to his girlfriend Rachel the way he was becoming a bit work obsessed, but he also knew that he didn’t want to take his emotions out on her. He felt, though, that he was finally coming out of the funk he had been in.

He decided he’d make it up to her tomorrow, when he had some time off. He’d already begun organising a picnic by ordering a hamper from the diner and calling Rachel and asking her to keep her day free.

Kim was disturbed when he thought he heard something out in the Surf Club. He walked to the door of the gym carefully and looked out. Despite all the lights except the gyms being off it was still fairly easy to see around. He didn’t see anything and berated himself for being so paranoid.

Kim turned and walked back to the counter. He laughed at himself quietly over his paranoia as he picked up his back pack. He turned off the lights, locked up the gym and began to head out. He didn’t hear the person walking up behind him quietly with big spanner in there hands. Before he even got to the entrance of the Surf Club the he was hit on the back of the head and fell to the ground unconscious. Eve stood over his body smiling evilly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my goodness! Poor Kim!!! I hope he's o.k. Zoe you know you shouldn't go around hitting people on the back of the head with big spanners! Tsk, tsk, tsk Bad girl, put the spanner down! Great start, lots of events happening, very good! Yay i'm first to post :D Please update soon.

Chapter Two

When Kim woke up he found his hands tied behind his back to a pole coming out of the ground. He looked around and judging from what he could see it was an abandoned building of some kind. He could see daylight from outside the window to the left telling him that it was clearly the next day. Movement to his left caught his eye and he turned his head to see Eve standing near the door with a gun in her hand, smiling.

“Well it’s about time you woke up,” Eve said casually.

Kim looked at Eve trying to get his thoughts together. “Where am I?” he asked.

“Where no one will find you, unless I tell them where you are,” Eve said, enjoyment clearly in her eyes.

“What do you want?” Kim asked, stalling for time.

“You really disappointed me, the way you just forgot I ever existed,” Eve said, the smile leaving her face.

“What did you expect me to wait for you?” Kim asked incredulously. “Even if I knew you were alive do you really think I would wait around for a psychopath like you?”

“Please, Kim. Flattery will get you nowhere,” Eve replied. “I mean first you shack up with Hayley. By the way did you enjoy my messing with the paternity results?”

“That was you?” Kim asked.

“It was just to easy, I couldn’t resist,” Eve confirmed. “And then you had to go get serious with your doctor friend. I wasn’t very happy the way I was just forgotten like I didn’t exist.”

“Yeah, well. You weren’t worth remembering,” Kim replied.

“Careful Kim. You wouldn’t want me to have an accident with this thing would you?” Eve asked, holding up the gun. “Well as much as I would love to stay and chat some more, I have other things to do. I’m a very busy person you know.”

And with a smile Eve turned and walked out of the room. Kim saw the door close and heard several bolts slam home and several more locks click into place.

At the Beach House

Belle came downstairs from her room, where she had been hiding most of the morning. She still hadn’t quite decided what she was going to do yet, but she was quite certain she didn’t want to see anyone.

She walked to the fridge and grabbed out some juice to pour herself a glass, when she heard someone coming up behind her.

“How are you going today?” Tasha asked.

Belle turned around to see Tasha standing by the counter. It was becoming obvious now that Tasha was several months pregnant.

“I’m okay I guess. I mean I have had enough time to prepare for this reaction,” Belle replied.

“Most of them are in shock. You need to give them some time,” Tasha tried to reassure her.

“Why don’t you hate me?” Belle couldn’t resist asking.

“It was an accident. And it couldn’t have been easy to live with. Besides I’m hardly a saint,” Tasha replied, looking at her stomach. Despite the fact that she already loved her baby, and that Robbie was starting to bond with it too, she still felt guilty about the whole situation with the Believers.

“That was hardly your fault, you didn’t do anything wrong,” Belle told her, knowing what Tasha had been referring too. “Beside you were the victim in all of that.”

“The point is, that it’s not like you meant to hurt Flynn. You just panicked. I hardly think that makes you a bad person,” said Tasha.

Tasha then walked over and gave Belle a hug. “You hang in there okay. Things will get better, I promise.”

At the Caravan Park

“I still can’t believe it,” Cassie said once more referring to Belle’s confession the other day. “She killed Flynn and thought it would be okay not to say anything.”

“Cass, will you just leave it!” Ric exclaimed annoyed that Cassie kept going on about it. He was both angry and hurt about the whole situation and didn’t need to deal with Cassie’s dramatics right now.

“I’m sorry Ric. I know this is especially hard on you the way she fooled you like that,” Cassie said sympathetically. “I knew she was a cow, but I didn’t think she was that big of one.”

“Cassie!” Sally said warningly from the kitchen. “That’s enough!”

“How can you be so calm about this? I mean we could have had more time with Flynn if it wasn’t for her!” cried out Cassie.

“I’m aware of that. But it was an accident Cassie, and I think she feels bad enough about it,” Sally replied.

Ric looked at his foster mother for a moment. “You knew, didn’t you?”

Sally nodded. “Flynn remembered the fall after he woke up. He said he had caught a girl sneaking into your room and when he asked who she was she panicked and tried to run past him but knocked him on the way down the stairs. It wasn’t hard to put two and two together.”

“My question remains. How can you be so forgiving?” Cassie asked.

“I’ll admit the first couple of weeks if I had seen her I probably would have lost it at her. But Flynn asked me to forgive her, and that it truly was an accident. And I figure it must be hard thing to live with, especially for a girl her age. So I decided to do what Flynn asked,” explained Sally.

She then heard her daughter crying for her upstairs and got up and left the room, leaving Cassie and Ric thinking over what she had said.

At the Bachelor Pad

Rachel walked into the house and found Martha there washing dishes. “Have you seen Kim by any chance?”

Martha turned around. “No actually, I haven’t. He didn’t come home last night I don’t think. Jack and I thought he must’ve done an all nighter at the Gym or else with you at your place.”

“No, he isn’t at either place. We were supposed to meet at the diner and go out for the day, but he didn’t show up,” Rachel said with concern.

“Have your tried Irene’s. I mean he’s been spending a bit of time there lately since his dad went away,” Martha suggested.

“No I haven’t. Thanks I’ll try that,” Rachel said. “In the meantime if you see him will you tell him to call me?”

“I will,” Martha replied.

With that Rachel left and Martha returned to the dishes. She hated doing them. In fact she hated doing any housework, especially at a place where she didn’t actually live. But she and Rachel found that they were often cleaning something when they were over. If they didn’t the place would wind up being declared a health hazard the way Jack and Kim in particular seemed to like to live.

It was a typical boys house she supposed, but although she loved Jack, she had decided that both he and Kim were complete slobs.

Martha was so engrossed in what she was doing, she didn’t hear the person walk into the house. Eve walked up behind Martha with a cloth in her hand. Then as quickly as a snake striking, Eve put the cloth over Martha’s nose and mouth. Martha struggled against the attack, but quickly grew weak as she inhaled the chemical on the cloth. Within minutes she was unconscious in Eve’s arms.

Martha nooooooooo. Damn that Eve. I;m dissapointed in martha for not using that move that Jack taught her after Corey. Silly girl! :P This is really interesting and quite funny,

“Please, Kim. Flattery will get you nowhere,” Eve replied. Can't wait till you update, looking forward as to who is next on Eve's list. Good work.

Archived