Only You

Guest bay girl

Topic Title: Only You

Type of story: Long Fiction

Rating: A: Adult content or themes. Recommended 15+

Main Characters: Martha, Jack, Macca, my own character Megan, Kim, Kit, Lucas, Tash and Robbie

Genre: A mixture

Warnings: Sexual Content (SC) Coarse language/swearing (L)

Is Story being proof read: No

Summary: Martha and Jack have been together for siz and are happily in love. Someone from Jack's past arrives with a shocking surprise. Plus, Martha has a secret of her own!

ONLY YOU

SUMMARY - Sequel to ‘Complicated Love’. Martha and Jack have been together for just over six months. They are madly in love and extremely happy. Could an unexpected arrival with a shocking announcement/Secret change all that? And, Martha has a secret of her own.

NOTE - First chapter is basically just Martha's thoughts. It should pick up a lot more over the next couple chapters. Yes, you're probably all thinking, 'arghhh, another J/M fic'. Sorry but i've had the start of this fic written for a while and i couldn't 'not' post it. So let me know what you think.

CHAPTER ONE

Martha hummed happily to herself as she packed the freshly made muffins into her picnic basket. She looked at her watch to check the time; Jack would be there in ten minutes to pick her up.

They both had the day off work, so they decided to spend it together. Jack had suggested a picnic lunch and Martha had jumped at the chance.

Martha smiled to herself. Jack spoiled her, and she loved it. He made her feel like the most beautiful person in the world. He always wanted to make her romantic dinners and he always found a new secluded spot that he would take her, somewhere nobody could find them. Then they would just spend the day there, eating and lying in each others arms; taking each other in.

He’d taken her camping; of course they had spent most of their time in the tent. They’d even taken her grandad’s boat ‘The Blaxland’, out a couple times, and had spent the night together out on the water.

She and Jack had been together now for just over six months. They had probably been the best six months of her life. Martha never thought she could be this happy. If someone had asked her six months ago if she was happy; she probably would have laughed in their face.

Her life had pretty much sucked. She’d found out that she was adopted, her adoptive mother had died, leaving herself, her dad and her three brothers to look after the farm. She’d then decided to look for her real parents. When she did eventually find her real father; he had turned out to be a jerk, who didn’t want anything to do with her.

But her real mother, Roo, was amazing. When she found her, her life had gotten better again. She then met her grandad, Auntie Morag and Ric. And they’d introduced her to the beautiful place that she now called ‘home’.

Of course, life hadn’t been smooth sailing since then. Jesse McGregor had stuffed her around. Her father had arrived in town trying to buy her off with kisses and presents. She eventually saw through him and saw him for the man he really was, a money hungry creep who only cared about himself and his money, when he tried to destroy Summer Bay.

Then there was the car accident that had nearly destroyed her life. It had to have been one of the most horrifying times in her life. She had nearly died, and it was because of a man who she had once cared for. But she had forgiven him, as she knew it was an accident.

Then all of a sudden her life had taken a turn for the better. Jack Holden and that sexy smile came into her life.

It hadn’t been all fun and games to start off with. In fact she had nearly chased him away, and almost ruined the best chance of happiness that she had had in a long time. That stupid prank had nearly stuffed up everything, but he had forgiven her and they had been together ever since.

Jack was the best thing in her life and she would never give him up. He was her family. She was madly in love with him, and she knew he loved her back. She could see it in the way he looked at her, treated her, and most importantly the way he made love to her.

And it wasn’t only Jack that she had gained. Tony and Lucas had welcomed her with open arms. They too were like family to her. They were happy, because Jack was happy. Jack had also had a pretty rough life over the last couple years, and Tony and Lucas were glad that Jack had finally gotten something that he had wanted. Love.

Martha’s thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. Jack, she smiled to herself, as she stood up and quickly made her way to the door.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. New chapter. Hope you like it.

NOTE - This chapter contains some stuff that may not be suitable for younger people. Thank you.

CHAPTER TWO

“So, where are we going?” Martha asked as she and Jack walked hand in hand towards Jack’s car.

“Alf told me about this small secluded beach that’s about half and hour from here,” Jack started. “He said you’ve been there a couple times before,” he continued.

“Yes, it’s beautiful there. Very quiet; not many people know about it. And we hope to keep it that way,” Martha said, smiling up at Jack.

Jack laughed. “Well, I won’t tell anyone,” he said, leaning down and giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

“Come on, let’s go,” Martha said, giving Jack a playful slap on the bum and running off to his car before he could catch her.

“Those sandwiches were delicious,” Jack said to Martha after they had finished lunch. “You are definitely a keeper,” he teased her.

Martha laughed. “I have a confession to make,” she said.

Jack looked at her curiously. “What is it?” he asked.

“I didn’t make the sandwiches.” She paused. “Leah did. I went and got them from the diner this morning,” Martha confessed.

“You little cheat,” Jack said, pointing a finger at her. “And here I was thinking that you were trying to impress me with you sandwich making skills,” he continued with a laugh.

Martha pouted and moved herself until she was sitting in Jack’s lap.

“I’m sorry baby,” she started and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “But you know my specialty is sweet things,” she said.

“I like sweet things,” Jack murmured as he pressed his lips to Martha’s neck and started sucking on her pulse point.

“Good. Because I made Raspberry Chocolate chip muffins. Our favourite,” Martha said. “So let’s have one,” she suggested, trying to pull away from Jacks’ grasp.

“Not right now,” Jack said, pulling her back into his arms.

Martha looked up at Jack. “Why not? Don’t you like my muffins?” she asked, sounding a little offended.

“I love the taste of your muffins, but I love the taste of you more,” Jack replied, before moving his mouth over Martha’s neck again.

Martha smiled. “I love the taste of you too,” she said, pushing Jack onto his back and giving him a satisfying kiss.

Martha then quickly jumped up. “Come on. Let’s go for a swim,” she urged. “And if you want, we can fool around for a while in the water,” she flirted.

At the mention of ‘Fooling around’, Jack was standing up quick smart. Martha laughed at him; she knew exactly how to control him.

Jack pulled his shirt off and ran down to the water. “Come on,” he beckoned.

“I have to get changed,” Martha called out.

“You know, sometimes, when people fool around, they don’t wear clothes,” Jack hinted.

“Jack,” Martha scolded. “I am not getting naked”.

“Just kidding,” Jack laughed.

“Ha Ha, very funny,” she huffed, before walking off to get changed in the car.

“Stop it,” Martha said, trying to sound serious. But she couldn’t contain the laughter any longer. She burst out into a fit of giggles.

“Jack, I swear to god, if you don’t stop tickling me, you’ll regret it,” she threatened.

Jack pulled Martha down onto the wet sand. He laid her onto her back and leant over her; pinning her to the ground.

“Oh, I’m so scared,” he laughed, while tickling her belly.

“You should be,” Martha told him, trying to push his hands away. “You know what happens when you **** me off,” she continued.

Jack automatically stopped what he was doing. That was true. Jack knew very well what happened when he pissed her off. She wouldn’t let him kiss her, or even touch her. Then she would torment him so much that by the end of the day, he’d be begging.

“I’m sorry,” he smiled down at her.

“I knew you would say that,” she laughed.

Martha wrapped her arms around his neck; pulling his face closer to her own for a passionate kiss. Her hands ran down his back and Jack slid his hands up and down her waist, to her legs. Martha could feel chills down her spine at the feeling of his hands touching and caressing her skin. She let out a small moan and pulled him into a deeper embrace.

Realising things were getting a little too out of hand, Martha pulled away from him.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked.

“Newsflash, this is a public area,” she replied.

“So what. That hasn’t stopped us before,” he said, wiggling his eyebrows at her.

Martha knew what he was talking about. Just over two months ago, she and Jack had gone for a walk up to the cliffs. When they had gotten there, they found that they couldn’t keep their hands of each other, and couldn’t wait until they got home. Martha had spent nearly the whole act freaking out. She thought somebody was going to come along and catch them. But once they had finished, she’d admitted that it gave her a bit of a thrill.

“No,” she stated simply. There was no way she was doing it on this beach. Her grandad had fond memories of this beach and she didn’t want to add a Martha and Jack rendavouz to that list.

“Come on, it might be fun,” Jack tried to persuade her.

“You are so bad,” she laughed at him.

“You love it,” he smiled at her.

Martha stood up. “Come on, let’s go pack our stuff up and go home,” she started. “Then when we get home, we can have a nice hot shower together and spend as much time as you want in your room alone. Okay,” she reasoned with him.

He gave her a smile; the trademark Jack Holden smile that she loved so much.

Hey all. New chapter is here. Hope you enjoy.

CHAPTER THREE

A young women who was sitting in her car across the street, watched as the young couple stumbled up the drive way, practically ravishing each other. It was clearly obvious to her that they adored each other.

She wanted somebody to adore her, and she was going to make sure that that happened. She had come to claim what was rightfully hers and she would not stop until she got it.

She waited until the happy couple entered the house, and started her car. She’d decided to let them have a few more hours together; it was the least she could do. She felt a little guilty about what she was about to do, but her need for love and affection over-powered her feelings of guilt.

As she drove away she thought to herself how happy they looked. It was just too bad that their happiness wasn’t going to last.

Jack looked down at Martha’s sleeping form. He needed to wake her because it was almost time for dinner; but she looked so peaceful he didn’t want to disturb her.

He reached a hand out and gently brushed a lock of her hair away from her face. To him she was the most beautiful person in the world and he would never get sick of looking at her.

He loved moments like this; when he could just watch her and memorise all the things he loved about her. He was so in love with her; there was no doubt about it.

He was so glad that he hadn’t given her up those six months ago. It would have been the biggest mistake of his life if he had of walked away. The last six months had been the happiest days of his life; and it was all because of her.

Jack sat up and reached down the side of the bed to pick up his boxer shorts that had been discarded there a few hours earlier. He pulled them back on and turned back to Martha.

He leaned over her again and spoke softly trying to wake her. “Martha, wake up,” he said in a hushed voice.

No luck, she was in a deep slumber. He laughed; he didn’t blame her for being tired. The truth was that he was still pretty tired also. Especially after the tiring activities that they had embarked on over the last couple of hours since they had arrived home. He shook his head; trying to rid his mind of the thoughts that were starting to reignite the hot sparks that had coursed through his body earlier.

“Babe, wake up,” he said a little louder and gently shook her.

He heard a small sigh and her eyes slowly fluttered open. “Jack,” she said.

“It’s time to wake up sleepy head,” he told her. He moved down to the end of the bed and leaned over, picking up some of her clothes off the floor, and throwing them at her. “Come on, get dressed. I’m starving and ready to eat,” he said.

“I don’t want to,” she sulked. “I want to go back to sleep and finish the amazing dream that you just snatched me from,” Martha said while stifling a yawn.

“What sort of dream? Was I in it?” Jack asked.

She looked at him and gave him a wicked smile full of mischief. “It was a very sexy dream,” she teased.

Jack moved closer to Martha. “Really,” he smiled. He lay one of his hands on her arm and softly started caressing her.

“Mhmmm, and the guy was very attractive and very sexy,” she continued.

“Was he just?” Jack played along.

“Yep. Orlando Bloom makes me so hot,” she started. “You were there too. But you were the servant,” she continued, trying to hold in her laugh.

Jack looked at Martha in horror. “What? Orlando Bloom? Did you just sa………", he stammered.

Martha burst into a fit of laughter. “You are so easy,” she giggled.

She wrapped her arms around Jack and pulled him until he was lying on top of her. “Don’t worry, when I go to sleep you’re the only one I dream about,” she reassured him.

Jack smiled and looked down into her beautiful blue eyes. “I love you,” he whispered to her, running his thumb across her cheek.

“I love you too,” she said back to him.

Martha raised her head up until her lips met Jack’s in a tender yet passionate kiss.

Martha sat on the couch waiting for Jack to get back with their dinner. She had a major craving for Chinese food, and had begged for Jack to go and get her some.

Martha stood and walked to the kitchen to get her self a drink. Just as she was pouring herself a glass of water there was a knock at the door. She made her way to the door and was surprised when she saw a young woman with medium length blonde hair standing there with a smile on her face.

Martha opened the door and greeted the girl with a smile. “Hi,” Martha said.

“Hi, is this the Holden residence?” the girl asked.

“Yes it is. Who are you looking for?” Martha asked her politely.

The girl continued to smile. “Oh sorry, I’m looking for Jack. Is he home?” she said.

“Ah, no he’s just popped out for a while. He should be back soon,” Martha told her. Martha didn’t know why but for some reason she felt uncomfortable around the girl. And the smiling; the girl’s smile still hadn’t faded. And it was kind of freaking her out a bit.

“Oh, well do you mind if I wait? I need to speak with him, it’s very important,” the girl said.

Martha was a bit hesitant at first but pushed the uncomfortable thoughts out of her head. “Um, sure. Come in,” she said, moving away from the door to let the girl in.

The girl slowly made her was inside and sat herself down on the couch. “I’m Megan, and you are?” she asked.

Martha sat down next to her and smiled. “Oh, I’m Martha,” she started. “Sorry, but how do you know Jack?” Martha continued.

“We had a thing a while back,” Megan told her. “I’m guessing your Jack’s new girlfriend?” she asked Martha.

Martha nodded. No wonder she felt uncomfortable around the girl. She was Jack’s ex.

“So your Jack’s ex?” Martha questioned her.

Megan nodded her head. “Kind of. But there’s a lot more to it now,” she said.

Martha was confused. “What do you mean?” she asked.

Megan sighed. “I probably shouldn’t say anything until I’ve spoken to Jack first, but I guess it won’t hurt if I tell you now,” she started. “You’re going to find out eventually anyway,” she kept on.

Martha’s stomach was churning. She’d only known this girl for a few minutes, but already she didn’t like her. Martha could tell from the way Megan was talking, that she was about to say something big. Something that she wasn’t going to like.

“What is it?” Martha urged her on.

“The reason I’ve come to see Jack, is to tell him that he has a daughter,” Megan stated.

And it was at that moment that Martha felt like her heart had just been ripped out.

COMING UP - What is Martha's secret?

Here's a small chappie. Hope you like.

CHAPTER FOUR

Martha looked at Megan, still in shock. She’d just been told that Jack had a daughter. She didn’t know what to say; all she knew was that her stomach was churning and she felt sick.

“Jack has a daughter? With you?” Martha finally said.

Megan nodded. “Yes, her name is Grace. She’s one and a half,” she told Martha.

Martha stood up and walked into the kitchen. Megan got up and followed her. “I’m sorry. This has probably come as a huge shock to you,” she apologised. “I shouldn’t have even told you. I should have spoken to Jack first,” Megan continued.

“So, Jack doesn’t even know,” Martha asked her.

“No, he doesn’t. And I’m really nervous about telling him. I’m sure he’ll be angry with me for keeping it from him,” Megan replied.

“Why have you waited so long? How come you didn’t tell him straight away?” Martha questioned.

Megan sighed. “The truth is; Jack and I were never really together. He was friends with my older brother and I’d always had a crush on him,” Megan smiled. “There was a big party at our place one night. I was drunk, and Jack was drunk and I guessed it just kinda happened. Then a few days later the accident with the Chambers girl, the one that Jack shot, happened. Soon after that Jack and his family left town and I haven’t seen him since. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I knew Jack and his family were under a lot of stress and I didn’t want to put another load on him. So I never bothered getting in contact with him. Until now that is,” she finished.

Martha listened carefully to what Megan was saying; trying to take it all in. Just as she was about to speak, she heard Jack’s car pull into the drive way.

“That’s Jack,” she said. They waited in silence until Jack reached the door.

“Honey, I’m home,” he called, not noticing Megan at first. But when he saw her he stopped in his tracks.

“Megan,” he exclaimed. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

Megan rushed towards him. “Hi Jack,” she smiled and threw her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight hug.

“Um, hey,” he said, sounding confused. He didn’t know whether he wanted to hug her or not.

Martha had to look away. She wanted to cry. She couldn’t stand seeing Megan with her hands all over Jack; touching him. It was obvious to Martha that the girl still cared for Jack, and now to top it off; they had a child together.

Jack quickly pulled away from the hug when he noticed Martha turn away from them.

“Once again, what are you doing here?” he asked again.

It was at this point that Martha decided to leave. She had to get out of there before she broke down in front of them.

“I’ve already heard the story, so I’m going to leave and let you two talk,” she told them.

“No,” Jack shook his head. “You can stay. And besides we haven’t eaten yet,” he said to her, holding up the bag of Chinese food.

“To tell you the truth, I’m not really that hungry anymore. I’m sure Luc will eat my share when he gets home,” Martha started, and moved towards the door. “You and Megan have some important stuff to talk about and I don’t need to be here for that,” she continued.

“I want you to stay,” Jack said, taking her hand in his.

Martha gave his hand a squeeze and smiled up at him. “No, I have to go. But I’ll see you tomorrow,” she promised.

Jack sighed. “At least let me drive you home,” he urged.

“I can walk, it’s only five minutes,” Martha told him.

“Fine. But I’ll see you in the morning,” Jack said, and gave her a soft, but comforting kiss on the lips.

“I love you,” he whispered to her.

“Love you too,” she smiled at him.

Martha looked towards Megan. “Bye,” she waved to her.

“Seeya,” Megan said a little too cheerfully.

Martha looked up at Jack again. “Bye,” she said and walked out the door.

Jack turned around to look at Megan. “Why was Martha in such a rush to leave? What the hell is going on and why are you here?” he demanded.

Martha sat down on the couch in the apartment she shared with her grandad. He was closing Noah’s tonight so he wasn’t home yet. She was kind of glad he wasn’t home; she wanted to be alone.

What the hell had just happened? One minute she was enjoying her day off with Jack, and the next she’s walks out of his house leaving him alone with another woman. A woman who he once had a relationship with. A woman whom he now had a child with.

Martha lay her head down on a cushion and closed her eyes. She wanted to go to sleep and forget about what had just occurred.

Why did this have to happen? She and Jack were happy together. And now some girl had just come along and ruined everything. Martha wished that Megan would just go away and leave her and Jack alone.

Martha willed herself to stop thinking about Megan and what had just happened. Martha needed to think about herself. She had her own damn problems to worry about and now that Megan had turned up it made her problem turn from an okay problem to a bad problem. How on earth was she supposed to tell Jack now?

Hey all. New chapter here.

CHAPTER FIVE

Jack could not believe what was happening. He’d known for about half an hour now and he was still in utter shock. He didn’t know what to think or what to feel.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. I really am sorry,” Megan said.

“You’re sorry?” Jack scoffed. He was furious. He couldn’t believe that she had kept this from him, and now she expected him to just forgive her and be happy about it.

“It was a rough time in your life. I didn’t want to burden you,” she told him.

“So you decided to wait until I was happy, and had a new life, before you came and stuffed it up?” he asked.

Megan shook her head. “No. I would never purposely try and ruin your life,” she said. “I’m glad you got your life back, and Martha seems like a great person,” she continued.

Martha, Jack thought. Oh god, no wonder she was in such a rush to leave.

“I can’t believe you told Martha before speaking to me first. You had no right to do that,” Jack started. “Do you have any idea what this has probably done to her? Do you even care that she’s probably hurting right now?” he yelled at Megan.

“For god sake’s Jack. I’m trying to have a conversation with you about our daughter, and all you seem to be worrying about is some girl,” Megan snapped.

Jack glared at her. “Some girl? She’s not just some girl. Her name is Martha, and I love her,” he snapped back at her.

“Whatever. I’m just saying that this has got nothing to do with Martha. This is about us and our daughter,” she told him. “And from where I’m standing you don’t really seem to care,” she kept on.

“I’m so sorry that I’m not jumping around the room in excitement,” Jack said sarcastically. “You can’t just come here and expect me to be all happy about it, okay. It doesn’t work that way,” he continued.

“I know that. Look, all I’m asking is that you acknowledge Grace. I want her to have a father. Is it wrong of me to want the best for my daughter?” she started to cry a little.

Jack sighed. “No, it’s not. I’m sorry for yelling at you. I just need some time to get my head around it, that’s all,” he apologised.

Jack felt bad about yelling at her. Megan just wanted Grace to have a good life; he couldn’t blame her for that. He was her father and she needed him. He couldn’t just abandon her.

“I completely understand that you need time to come to terms with it all. And I’ll give you all the time you need,” Megan said softly and gently touched Jack’s hand.

Jack quickly pulled his hand away; not noticing the hurt look in Megan’s eyes.

“So, where is she?” Jack asked. He wondered if Megan had brought the little girl with her.

“She’s with my mother in the city. She’s bringing her down in a week or so,” she began. “I wanted to give you time to process it all before I brought her to see you,” she finished.

“Okay,” Jack nodded.

“Um, I’m going to head off now. I’m sure you have heaps to think about, but I’m sure I’ll see you around tomorrow perhaps,” Megan said, standing up from her spot at the table.

“Alright. I guess I’ll see you around then,” Jack said, and walked her to the door.

“Bye Jack,” Megan said, leaning up and giving Jack a soft kiss on the cheek, before walking off to her car.

Martha couldn’t sleep; there were so many thoughts going through her head. She kept thinking about Jack and Megan; and the child that they shared together. And she was still scolding herself for leaving Jack alone with her. She knew Megan wanted Jack and it was completely doing her head in.

Jack had already tried to call her a few times since she’d gotten home, but she didn’t answer. She didn’t know what she was supposed to say to him. Was she supposed to say that she was fine with it? Was she supposed to say that everything was going to be okay? Because honestly, she wasn’t fine with it, and she didn’t know if everything was going to be okay.

Everything had changed and it was going to continue to change. And there was nothing she could do to stop it. Why did this have to happen to us? She thought. Everything was perfect and now Megan had ruined it. It wasn’t fair.

Martha sat up in her bed and reached over to her bedside table. She opened up the top drawer and took out the item that had been taunting her for over a month now. Jack couldn’t find out; not right now anyway. It would just make things worse. She threw it back into the drawer; slamming it shut.

She laid her head back onto the pillow and finally let the tears fall. She turned to the side and felt the hot tears sliding down her cheeks. She knew her grandad would probably be able to hear her sobs; but she didn’t care.

Jack looked at the bedside clock. It was 3:00am and he still hadn’t fallen asleep. Martha was supposed to stay the night, so maybe that was why he was restless; she wasn’t there. Instead she was by herself probably worrying.

He was worried about her. He’d already tried calling about 10 times; but she wouldn’t answer. Eventually she had turned her phone off. She was obviously upset.

He should have went and seen her as soon as Megan left. He should have made sure that she was okay. He was tempted to jump in his car and go to see her right now. But he knew Alf wouldn’t appreciate him knocking on his door at 3 am in the morning.

He wasn’t the only one worrying about Martha. When he had told his dad and Lucas about his new found daughter; Lucas had immediately asked how Martha had taken it. He had even wanted to go and see if she was okay himself. Lucas loved having Martha around; they got on really well. Lucas looked up to her like a sister. Jack was really glad that Martha got on so well with his family.

Jack just hoped that she could accept his new responsibility. He loved Martha and he didn’t want to lose her; he needed her. And he could honestly say that he couldn’t live with out her.

NEXT CHAPTER – Martha’s secret revealed.

COMING SOON – Who will find out about Martha’s secret? And will they keep it to themselves?

Hello. Here's a new chapter.

I know i said before that Martha's secret would be revealed in this chapter, but it's actually the next one. Sorry.

CHAPTER SIX

“Good morning love,” Alf said as he walked into the kitchen the next morning. Martha was sitting on the couch flicking through the TV channels.

“Morning,” Martha said softly, not even bothering to look up at him.

Martha had been up since the crack of dawn. She’d hardly slept a wink and had cried most of the night. She’d gotten up early, hoping to clean herself up a bit before her grandad saw her. But a hot shower and a little bit of make-up had done nothing to make her look or feel better. She had dark circles under her eyes, and they still looked a bit puffy from the hours of crying. Nobody needed to tell her that she looked like crap; she already knew.

“How about some bacon and eggs for breakfast,” Alf suggested in a cheerful voice.

Martha shook her head. “No thanks. I’m not hungry. I’ll have something a bit later,” she replied.

“Since when do you pass up bacon and eggs?” Alf chuckled.

“Since now. I told you I’m not hungry. So stop nagging at me,” Martha snapped at him.

“Hey, I was just asking. There is no need to bite my head off,” Alf said.

Martha felt bad about snapping at her grandad. He didn’t deserve it. Just because she felt like crap, didn’t mean she could make everyone else feel like crap.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it,” she apologised, and got up from her spot on the couch and walked towards her grandad.

“You’re upset about something. What’s wrong?” he looked at her curiously.

“Nothing’s wrong. I’m fine. You know how I can be in the mornings,” Martha said to him.

Alf sighed. “You should know by now that I can tell when something’s wrong,” Alf started, and pointed to a chair; indicating for Martha to sit down. “And besides, I heard you crying during the night. So I know something is wrong,” he continued.

“It’s Jack,” Martha told him.

“Did the two of you have a fight?” he asked. Alf hoped they hadn’t. Jack made Martha happy, and he didn’t want to see his granddaughter in pain.

Martha shook her head. “No. But something did happen last night,” she began. Martha then proceeded to tell her grandad what had happened the night before with Megan. She saw the shocked look on his face, and she knew that he was sad for her.

“I’m so sorry love. But I’m sure everything will be okay. I know that Jack loves you; he would never do anything to ruin what the two of you have together,” he reassured her.

“I know. But I can’t help but worry. Megan clearly still has feelings for Jack. What if he leaves me for her?” she started crying again.

Alf scooped Martha up in a hug, trying to comfort her. “Jack is not going to leave you. Like I said; he loves you. The two of you will be able to work through this,” he said, giving her a kiss on the fore head.

“I hope so,” Martha sniffed.

Martha wondered if she should tell her grandad about her own problems. Would he understand and be supportive, or would he completely flip out? She decided against telling him. As much as she wanted to tell him; she couldn’t. She wasn’t ready to yet.

“Knock knock. Coming in,” a voice yelled through the door. Martha recognized the voice as Ric’s. She pulled away from her grandad and looked towards the door.

“Hey Ric,” she smiled at him when he entered.

“Good Morning,” Ric said cheerfully.

“You’re in a good mood this morning. It wouldn’t have anything to do with the lovely Belle would it?” Martha teased her cousin.

“It might,” Ric laughed.

“Hey, why don’t you give her a call and see if she wants to come to Yabbie Creek with us today,” Martha suggested.

“Really?” Ric asked, trying not to sound too excited.

Martha smiled. “Yeah, of course. I’d like to get to know her a bit better,” she told him.

“Okay. Thanks,” Ric smiled and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

Martha turned around to look at her grandad. “That was nice of you to invite Belle,” Alf commented.

Martha shrugged. “She’s Ric’s girlfriend, and she seems like a nice girl. I’d like to spend some time with her,” she told him.

Alf walked back into the kitchen. “Hey, if you’re not up for your shift tonight, I can get someone to fill in,” Alf suggested.

“No, I can do it,” she shook her head. “I’m totally fine. I promise,” she exclaimed.

“You ready to go? Belle said she would love to come,” Ric said in a happy voice. “I told her we would pick her up on the way,” he kept on.

“Yep, I’m ready. Let’s go,” Martha said, picking up her car keys and handbag.

“Make sure you have something to eat,” Alf called to Martha, as they walked to the door.

Ric and Martha looked at each other and laughed. “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day,” they said together in deep voices, trying to imitate their grandad.

“You cheeky mongrels,” Alf chuckled.

Martha and Ric walked to the car in silence. Martha pulled her phone out of her pocket and switched it on. There were 10 missed calls on there from Jack. They were all from last night. She wondered if she should call him. She still didn’t know what she was supposed to say, so decided against it. She switched her phone back off and chucked it back into her bag.

Martha looked at Ric and realised he was watching her. “What?” she asked.

“You feeling okay?” he questioned her.

Martha nodded. “Yeah. Why?” she asked.

“You just look a bit peaky,” Ric replied.

“I didn’t sleep much last night. That’s all,” Martha tried to convince him. “Don’t worry about me,” she smiled at him.

”You sure you’re feeling okay?” Ric asked again.

“Yes Ric. I’m totally fine,” she told him again.

I’m totally not fine, Martha thought to herself.

Jack practically leapt up the stairs towards Martha’s apartment. He’d thought about her all night, and he wanted to stop in and see her before he headed off to work.

He knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer; hoping that it was Martha. He was let down though when Alf answered.

“Hey Mate. Come in,” Alf smiled.

Jack walked into the apartment. “Good Morning. Is Martha up yet?” he asked as he closed the door behind him.

“Ah Yeah, but you just missed her. She’s already left,” Alf told him and sat back down at the table; drinking a coffee.

“What? Where did she go?” Jack asked, sounding confused.

“She’s gone with Ric and young Belle to Yabbie Creek,” Alf replied. “She didn’t tell you?” Alf then asked.

Jack shook his head. “No she didn’t. I really wanted to see her before I went to work,” Jack said.

“Sorry mate. But you’re 10 minutes too late,” Alf exclaimed, taking a bite of some toast.

“Did she seem okay to you before she left?” Jack wanted to know.

“She was a bit upset. But who can blame her?” Alf said.

Martha had obviously told him about Megan and Grace. “So she told you then?” Jack stated.

Alf nodded. “She was upset and needed someone to talk too”.

“I’m really worried about her,” Jack said, sitting down at the table across from Alf. “I tried calling her about a dozen times last night, but she turned her phone off,” Jack told him.

Alf sighed. “Look mate, she’s in shock at the moment. Just give her some time to get used to it,” he spoke to Jack.

Jack stayed and chatted to Alf for about ten minutes. He learned that Alf had been in his position a couple times before; long lost children were a very common thing to Alf Stewart. Alf even joked that it was about time that another one showed up.

On his way to his car he tried calling Martha again. It was still switched off. I guess I’ll just have to wait until later to see her, he thought to himself.

Hey. Here's a new chapter. It's a pretty long one.

CHAPTER SEVEN

Martha walked around Noah’s bar cleaning tables and collecting glasses. She had a fake smile plastered on her face; but on the inside she wasn’t happy. She really wanted to go home and just be alone. She didn’t feel well and she had a headache coming on.

She made her way to the bar where her Grandad was cleaning glasses and Beth was pouring drinks. Tasha and Robbie were sitting there chatting happily to Tony.

Martha all of a sudden felt a hot flush wash over her body. Her head started spinning and she felt like she was going to pass out. She quickly grabbed onto the bar and sat down on a stool.

“Are you alright sweet?” Beth asked; sounding concerned. Her Grandad, Tony, Tasha and Robbie all looked at her with concern aswell.

“I just felt a bit dizzy for a second. It’s nothing to worry about; I’m okay,” she tried to reassure. The last thing she needed was her friends and family asking questions and getting suspicious.

Tasha reached a hand out and placed her palm over Martha’s fore-head. “You feel really warm,” she said.

Martha pushed her hand away. “I’m okay, really,” she told them again.

“Have you eaten anything today? You promised me this morning that you would,” Alf asked.

Martha didn’t answer him; instead she quickly looked away from his probing eyes.

“I’ll take the silence as a No,” Alf answered his own question.

“I had an apple at lunch,” she told him.

She hadn’t eaten anything all day; except for an apple. Every time she thought about food she wanted to puke. And all the worrying about Megan had seemed to take away her appetite. She looked back at Alf, who didn’t seem very happy.

“The only thing you’ve eaten today is an apple?” he demanded.

Martha let out an aggravated sigh. “Look, I’m just not feeling hungry. So can everyone just get off my back,” she snapped at them and walked off.

“Poor thing. This whole thing with Megan must be really getting to her,” Tony said to the others once Martha was out of ear shot.

Alf nodded. “She wants us all to think that she’s okay. But she’s not,” he said.

“Hi Martha,” a voice said.

Martha looked up and came face to face with a smiling Megan. “Hey,” Martha said, trying to sound polite.

“How are you?” Megan asked.

“I’m okay,” Martha told her. She then looked away and continued wiping down the table.

“Look Martha, I want to apologise again about last night. I shouldn’t have been the one to tell you about Grace,” Megan started. “I should have known that it would have upset you. I really am sorry,” she continued.

I bet you are, Martha thought to herself sarcastically.

“I’m not upset,” Martha lied.

“Are you sure? Because you seem a little tense,” Megan asked.

Martha put on her fake smile again and nodded. “Yes, I’m totally fine”.

Megan smiled back at her. “Well if you say so,” she said. “Well I let you get back to work. I’m going to get myself a drink,” she said cheerfully.

“Bye,” Martha said as Megan walked off to the bar.

The next hour flew by quite quickly; although Martha wished it would go by quicker. She was still feeling a bit ill and really wanted to go home. Her grandad and Tasha kept asking if she was okay, and it was starting to grate on her nerves.

Martha was now standing at the bar, drying glasses. She looked up and saw Megan sitting with a group of guys; flirting outrageously with a couple of them. Martha couldn’t stand the girl; she couldn’t help but dislike her.

Martha took a look around the rest of the room and noticed that it wasn’t very busy; especially for a Saturday night. It was usually a lot busier than this. Not that she was complaining. She was glad that it was quiet.

Martha picked up a tray of glasses and walked off to the storeroom to pack them away. She placed them on a shelf and turned around to walk out when she crashed into a hard body that smelt really good. She gasped out loud in fright at first, but calmed down when she realised it was Jack.

“Don’t sneak up on me. You gave me a fright,” she said.

“Sorry,” he said softly.

Martha attempted to push past him to walk back out into the bar area, but he grabbed her, pulling her back into the small room and closing the door so they could have some privacy.

“What are you doing?” Martha asked him, trying to sound annoyed.

“I want to talk to you,” he replied.

“Well, I’m kinda busy,” she told him.

“Busy?” Jack scoffed. “Martha, there’s like half a dozen people out there. I’m sure Alf and Beth won’t mind if you take a little break,” he finished.

Martha sighed and nodded her agreement. They looked at each other for a short while; neither of them speaking.

“I’m so sorry,” Jack finally broke the silence. Martha didn’t have to ask what he was talking about; she already knew.

“It’s not your fault,” she told him.

“Then why wouldn’t you answer your phone when I tried calling?” he asked her.

Martha shrugged. “I didn’t know what I was supposed to say to you. And I guess I was scared,” she replied.

Jack looked at her confused. “Scared? Scared of what?” he questioned.

Martha looked away from him. “That you would leave me,” she told him honestly.

Jack laughed a little. “Are you crazy? I’m not going to leave you,” he started. “Look, I know things are going to be a little different. But we can get through this,” he told her, taking her hand and pulling her into his embrace.

Martha wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into the curve of his neck; inhaling his beautiful scent. It had only been 24 hours; but she missed his scent terribly.

“I love you so much, and I’m not letting you go. Okay,” he whispered softly.

Martha looked up into his eyes. “I love you too,” she smiled. He lowered his face closer to hers and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

“What time do you finish?” Jack asked.

Martha pulled away from him and walked towards the door. “About an hour,” she replied.

“I’ll wait around until you finish. Do you want to stay at my place tonight?” he asked her.

Martha looked at him. He had a hopeful smile plastered across his face and his eyes were practically begging her. “Okay.” She smiled.

Once they walked out of the room and into the lit up bar area; Jack noticed how pale Martha looked.

“Are you feeling okay? You look a bit off colour,” he asked her; worry filling his voice.

Martha smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “I’m fine. I promise,” she reassured him.

Unbeknownst to them, they were being watched carefully by Megan; who clearly didn’t look to happy.

Another half an hour passed and Martha was starting to feel even worse. She tried her hardest to hide it; she didn’t want anybody worrying. Her stomach was churning and her head was starting to spin. She looked over to Jack who was laughing with his dad, Robbie and Lucas; who had arrived a few minutes earlier. And she had noticed that Megan had now made her way over towards them and was trying to strike up a conversation with Tasha.

Martha looked at Jack again and gave him a smile when he snapped his gaze onto her. He smiled back at her and it made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. His smile always made her feel nice.

She picked up another tray of glasses and carefully carried them into the store room. When she walked back out she was horrified to see Megan gently placing her hand on top of Jack’s. She tried to calm herself down but her anger at seeing Megan touching Jack was so strong she couldn’t keep her mouth shut. She quickly made her way over to where everyone was standing.

“What the hell do yo…,” she started yelling on her way towards them. But then the nausea hit again. The room and her head started spinning; and she could feel herself falling. Everything started fading to black and the last thing she heard was Tasha crying out her name.

“Mac”.

Jack looked up at the sound of Martha yelling. But then he watched as she stopped on the spot and started swaying; and finally fell to the ground.

“Mac,” Tasha cried, jumping up from her seat and rushing over to Martha’s crumpled up form on the ground.

“Martha,” Jack called out. He quickly rushed over to her in a panic. “Somebody call an ambulance,” he cried out.

“What’s wrong with her?” Alf asked, clearly worried. He kneeled down beside Martha and picked up her hand.

Tony quickly fell down beside Martha and checked for a pulse. “She’s still breathing. She may have just fainted or something,” Tony started. “Come on Jack, help me move her onto the couch,” he urged his son.

Jack was shaking. He’d never felt more scared in his life. Martha was lying on the cold floor, completely lifeless and he didn’t know what was wrong with her.

“Is she okay?” Lucas asked. Jack looked up at his brother and could see the look of panic across his face.

“There’s an ambulance on its way,” Beth called and rushed over to see if Martha was okay.

Jack and Tony gently lay Martha down on the couch and Jack leaned over her; brushing her hair away from her face. “Come on Martha, Wake up,” he begged, holding her hand.

Jack then noticed her eyelids fluttering. “I think she’s waking up,” Tasha said.

Martha slowly opened her eyes; noticing a group of people watching her. Jack was leaning over her and he looked worried.

“Martha, are you okay?” he asked. This was when Martha noticed that his eyes were brimming with tears.

“What happened?” she said softly. “I think you might have fainted,” Jack replied.

“Hmmm. I didn’t feel very well and I felt dizzy,” Martha told him.

“Thank god you’re okay. You really scared me for a second there,” Jack smiled down at her.

“Sorry,” Martha whispered. Jack leant down and placed a kiss on her cheek. “Just don’t do it again,” he warned. “I promise,” she said back.

“The ambulance should be here soon. They can take you to the hospital to get you checked out,” Alf entered the conversation.

Martha perked up at the sound of ‘ambulance’ and ‘hospital’. “What? I don’t need to go to the hospital. I’m fine,” she argued with her grandad.

Alf shook his head angrily at her. “No, you’re going and that’s final,” he said.

Martha lay back defeated. When her grandad made a decision it was final.

Martha sat in the hospital bed, waiting for Flynn to come back with some blood and test results. Alf, Jack, Tasha and Robbie were sitting in the room with her.

“This is a waste of time. I already told you that I didn’t eat much today. So that’s probably why I fainted,” she told them.

“It’s better to be safe than sorry,” Tasha said to her from across the room.

She was about to speak again when Flynn came walking into the room. “Well, I have your results here. I’ll have to ask the rest of you to leave the room while I talk to Martha,” Flynn told them.

Jack gave Martha’s hand a reassuring squeeze before getting up and walking out with Alf, Robbie and Tasha. Once they had all left the room Flynn quietly closed the door behind them. He smiled at Martha and sat down in the chair next to her bed.

“Okay, so I ran some tests. It’s quite possible that you fainted because of lack of food,” Flynn began. “But it’s not because you needed it,” he continued.

Here it comes, Martha thought to herself.

“It’s because your baby needed it,” Flynn paused for a second and took a breath. “Martha, you’re pregnant,” he stated.

Martha let out the breath that she had been holding in. May as well be honest, she thought.

“Yeah. I already know,” she sighed.

Here’s a new chapter. Hope you like it.

CHAPTER EIGHT

“You already know that you’re pregnant?” Flynn asked Martha, wanting to make sure that he had heard right the first time.

“Yes,” Martha nodded.

“Why didn’t you say anything when you were first brought in?” Flynn questioned her.

Martha sighed and looked down at her hands. “Nobody knows yet, and I don’t want anybody to know yet,” she replied.

“What about Jack? Does he know?” Flynn kept on with the questions.

“No, he doesn’t,” Martha shook her head. “And it needs to stay that way for now”.

“He is the father, isn’t he?” Flynn asked hesitantly.

Martha looked at him in shock, surprised that he would even ask such a question. “Of course it’s Jack’s. I can’t believe you would even ask me that,” Martha said, sounding offended. “We’re family. You know me and you should know that I would never betray Jack,” Martha finished.

“You’re right. I’m sorry,” Flynn apologised.

“I was going to tell him last night. But then his ex-girlfriend showed up announcing that Jack is the father of her daughter,” Martha then told Flynn.

Flynn nodded. “I heard about that. That’s gotta be rough on you,” he said.

Martha felt comfortable talking with Flynn, so she didn’t hesitate in telling him how she was feeling. “Yeah, it is hard to accept. I thought Jack was all mine, and that we were going to have our own family together. But it turns out he already has one,” she explained.

Before Flynn got the chance to speak, Martha started again. “Look, can I trust you not to tell anyone about my pregnancy? Jack needs time to get used to the fact that he already has one child. I don’t want him worrying about me, okay,” she said.

“Of course. I won’t say anything. Doctor/Patient confidentiality, remember,” Flynn exclaimed.

“Thanks,” Martha smiled.

“Okay, now onto the baby. How long have you known you’re pregnant? And how far along are you?” Flynn then asked.

“Well, I found out for sure just over a month ago. I had suspicions for about two weeks before that. I’m pretty sure I know what day the baby was actually conceived,” Martha started.

She thought back to the day when her and Jack were at the cliffs. The day they couldn’t keep their hands to themselves. The day they had turned the cliffs from a make-out spot to something more. If only they had some self control and had waited until they got home; they wouldn’t be in this mess.

“If my calculations are right, then I’m two and a half months along already,” Martha told Flynn.

“I can’t believe that you have managed to keep it to yourself for so long,” Flynn said.

“It hasn’t been hard. I haven’t even really had any morning sickness yet. Today was the first day that I’ve actually felt sick,” Martha explained.

“Well, it looks as if the morning sickness is about to begin for you. Some women can get in earlier, but then some won’t get it straight away,” Flynn started.

“Great, just what I need,” Martha said sarcastically.

“Before you leave, I want to talk to you about your eating. What you did today was stupid,” Flynn scolded her. “You know you’re pregnant, and yet you still didn’t eat anything. You need to eat. Especially for the baby’s sake,” he continued.

“I know,” Martha nodded. “But this whole thing with Megan is getting to me. I completely lost my appetite,” she told him truthfully.

“That’s another thing; Stress. You need to stop worrying. Stress isn’t good for the baby. Or you for that matter; especially with the heart problems you’ve previously had,” Flynn explained to Martha.

“I’ll try, but there’s a lot of stressful stuff going on at the moment,” Martha promised.

Flynn stood up. “Just remember to put yourself and your baby first. Now, I’m going to let you get changed. I’ll let the others know you’ll be out soon,” he said, moving towards the door. “And don’t worry; I won’t say anything about the baby. You can tell them when you’re ready,” he smiled and left the room.

Martha gently placed her hand over her stomach. Sorry little one, she thought to herself.

Martha walked into the waiting room, and the first thing she noticed was Megan sitting with Jack. Why the hell is she here? She thought to herself. Remember what Flynn said; No stressing. But Martha couldn’t help it. Megan made her so angry.

Martha looked around the room. Alf was standing with Tony, and Lucas was talking to Tasha and Robbie. She stood on the spot for a few more seconds before anyone had even noticed she was there.

Lucas eventually looked up. “Martha,” he said, standing and rushing towards her. “Is everything okay? Flynn wouldn’t tell us anything,” he shot out.

By now everyone else was looking at her, waiting for her to explain. But Martha couldn’t talk; all she was thinking about was that Jack was still sitting next to Megan.

“Anyone in there?” Robbie asked, waving a hand in front of her face.

Martha quickly snapped out of her thoughts. “Sorry. What?” she asked shaking her head.

“Lucas asked if you were okay,” Alf said, walking and standing next to her. “Are you?”

“Yes. I told you it was nothing to worry about. It was just because I didn’t eat much today, and my blood pressure was a little low,” she lied.

“So I can take you home?” Jack said. Martha realised that Jack was now standing beside her.

“I think I should just go to my place,” Martha said to Jack, not even bothering to look at him.

“But I thought you said you wanted to stay at mine,” Jack asked.

“Well I’ve changed my mind,” she all but snapped, causing her to get strange looks from all the other visitors that were in the waiting room

Jack looked at her shocked. He wasn’t expecting her to bite his head off. He looked at his group of friends and family and smiled. “Would you excuse us for a second,” he said to them and pulled Martha away so they could talk privately.

“What’s going on?” He questioned her.

“Nothing,” she lied again, not looking at him.

“I know when you’re lying to me. What’s wrong?” he asked again.

“What is she doing here?” Martha eventually spat out.

Jack looked at her confused. “Who?”

“Don’t act dumb Jack,” Martha scoffed. “I’m talking about Megan. Every time I turn around she’s there. Sitting close to you, or touching you,” she said.

“What are you talking about?” he questioned.

Martha laughed sarcastically. “At Noah’s I walk into the storeroom, and by the time I walk out again; she’s practically holding your hand. And just now, she may aswell have been sitting on your lap,” she exclaimed.

Now it was Jack’s turn to laugh. “You are being stupid. There is nothing going on between me and Megan. I love you, remember?” He reassured her.

“Yeah, and I love you. So I don’t like her touching you,” Martha told Jack.

“I honestly didn’t even realise she was,” Jack laughed. “Look, let’s just go home. We can talk about this later,” he said. Jack grabbed Martha’s hand and pulled her in for a quick kiss. “Come on, everybody is waiting”.

Martha and Jack walked hand in hand back to the group. Once they reached them Tasha walked up and gave Martha a hug. “I’m glad you’re okay,” she said.

Before Martha could answer her, Megan walked up. She looked at Jack smiling. “Do you think I could get a ride home? My car is still at the bar,” she asked.

Martha quickly pulled away from Tasha and looked at Jack. Tasha, realising that Martha was uncomfortable around Megan and that this could turn into an awkward moment spoke before anyone else got the chance. “Actually, Rob and I can drop you off at Noah’s. We are going back there anyway to help Beth close up,” she offered.

“Um, okay. Thanks,” Megan said, trying not to sound disappointed.

“Okay, let’s go. I want to get out of here,” Martha exclaimed, and smiled her thanks at Tasha.

“So, are you staying at our place tonight?” Lucas asked Martha.

“Yes, she is,” Jack spoke up before Martha had the chance too.

“Good,” Lucas smiled. “When we get home I’m going to run you a nice hot bubble bath, and make you something yummy to eat,” he exclaimed.

Martha smiled at Lucas. He’s such a sweet kid, she thought. “You don’t have to do that,” she told him, as they started walking to the car park.

“I want to,” Lucas explained.

“If you say so,” Martha laughed.

Jack moved behind Martha and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Maybe I could join you in that nice hot bubble bath,” he whispered in her ear, and started placing tiny kisses on her neck.

Martha felt a tingle of pleasure course through her body. “I’d like that,” she answered.

“Can you two wait until you’re alone to talk like that? It’s gross,” Lucas exclaimed.

Everybody burst into laughter. Except for one.

Megan lagged behind the group, watching them all laugh.

She was angry. Jack had his hands all over Martha. His hands should be on me. She’d tried her hardest all night to try and make Martha jealous. And at one stage she was pretty sure it had worked. But then the stupid girl had to go and collapse. She hated seeing Jack fawn all over Martha. It disgusted her.

Megan thought that stealing Jack away was going to be easy. But she was wrong; it was going to be a lot harder than she had originally thought.

But I’m always up for a challenge, she smiled to herself.

COMING SOON- Who else finds out that Martha's pregnant? Will they tell?

Hey all. New chapter is here. Enjoy.

CHAPTER NINE

“What are you going to have?” Jack smiled across the table at Martha.

They’d gotten up early that morning and had decided to go to the diner for breakfast. Martha wasn’t hungry though. She was sure that if she did eat something she’d probably hurl. But if her eating meant that Jack would keep off her back and be happy; she’d at least attempt to eat something.

“Um, I might just have a bowl of fruit salad,” she told him.

“That’s not much. Are you sure you don’t want anything else?” Jack asked.

“No, that’s it,” she replied. “Just incase you’d forgotten, I was up at twelve o’clock last night practically being force fed by Luc. I ate enough food to feed an army. I still feel full from that,” Martha explained, trying to come up with a good excuse. At least her excuse was real.

“Okay,” Jack said, sounding defeated.

A few moments later Colleen rushed over and took their order; then quickly rushed back to the kitchen.

“What time do you start work tonight?” Martha asked, while they were waiting.

“Not until five o’clock. So we can hang out today if you want too,” Jack answered.

“Okay. But I don’t really feel like doing much. Maybe just hang at the beach or at home or something,” Martha smiled.

“Sounds good,” Jack nodded.

At that moment Irene walked past with a big plate of bacon and eggs. As soon as the smell of bacon hit her nose, Martha gagged. Please not now, she thought to herself.

She jumped up quickly. “I’ll be back in a sec. Just got to grab something from upstairs,” she shot out, before walking off. She was gone so fast that Jack had no time to react.

On her way past the counter, she almost knocked Tasha over. “Sorry,” Martha said, and kept on walking.

Once she reached the stairs to the unit, she bolted. She pushed open the door, and raced to the bathroom. She fell to the floor, and leaned over the toilet bowl; throwing up the entire contents that lay in her stomach.

“Hi Jack”.

Jack looked up and was greeted by a smiling Megan. “Hey,” he said, not sounding too pleased to see her.

“Mind if I sit down?” she asked. Before Jack could even reply, she was sitting down across from him.

“So, where’s Martha this morning?” she smiled.

“She’s just upstairs. She’ll be back soon,” Jack told her.

“Is that your way of telling me that I had better leave before she gets back?” Megan asked.

“No. But now that you’ve mentioned it; maybe you should go before she gets back,” Jack said. “I don’t want you upsetting her”.

“Upset her? Why would I do something like that?” Megan laughed.

“Stop being smart Megan,” Jack snapped at her. “I haven’t forgotten what type of person you were. Nobody else could see it, but I always could. You were conniving and nasty, and they were the main reasons why I disliked you so much,” he continued.

“That didn’t stop you from sleeping with me though, did it?” Megan scoffed.

“I was drunk and I don’t even remem….,” Jack started, but cut himself off halfway through. “You know what? I don’t want to have this conversation with you right now. I think you should go,” he finished.

Jack could feel his temper flaring. He was angry and wanted her out of his face right now.

“Okay. Okay,” Megan held her hands up in surrender. “Don’t get yourself so worked up. I’ll move to another table if it makes you happy”.

“That would be great. Bye,” Jack spat out.

Megan let out a little huff and stood up; sauntering off towards a table on the other side of the diner.

Martha looked at herself in the bathroom mirror while rigorously brushing her teeth. All she could taste in her mouth was vomit, and she wanted it gone. Even the smell of toothpaste was making her queizy. Although she didn’t think it was possible for her to throw up anymore. There was nothing else left in her stomach to bring up. Her throat was burning and her stomach felt really tight from all the heaving. She hated being pregnant.

She looked at her watch and realised she had been upstairs for nearly 15 minutes. If she didn’t hurry up, Jack would come looking for her soon. She picked up the cap full of Listerine and quickly washed her mouth out, and sprayed her self with some deodorant; just incase the smell of vomit had wafted into her clothes.

She rushed out into the kitchen and was surprised to see Tasha standing there.

“Oh my god. Tash. What are you doing here?” Martha blurted out.

“Well I was on my way to school and I thought I’d drop in to see how you were feeling after your fall last night,” Tasha started. “I walked into the diner, only to be nearly bowled over by you. I followed you upstairs, and I’ve been standing here for the last ten to fifteen minutes listening to you throw you guts up,” Tasha finally finished.

“Oh,” was Martha’s only reply.

“What’s going on Mac? You told us last night at the hospital that you were fine,” Tasha asked sounding concerned.

“I am fine. I promise,” Martha replied, trying to reassure her best friend.

“Then why were you just being sick?” Tasha said, not sounding convinced.

Martha’s brain was going into overload. She didn’t know what to say. Maybe she should just tell Tasha. But knowing Tash; she would convince Martha to tell Jack, and Martha wasn’t ready to do that just yet. So she used the same excuse she used on Jack just before.

“Um, well Lucas cooked up this great big feed late last night. And he seriously wouldn’t let me go to bed until I’d eaten it all,” She began. “I think I just ate too much, and my body couldn’t take it,” Martha explained.

“Are you sure you’re okay,” Tasha asked again.

“Positive,” Martha smiled. “Now, you better hurry up. You’ll be late for school”.

Tasha nodded and the two girls walked back out the door and down the stairs to the diner. When they entered Martha could see Jack scoffing down a great plate of food.

“That’s disgusting,” Martha laughed to Tasha.

“Tell me about it,” Tasha giggled.

“Hey, can you not tell anyone about me throwing up. I don’t want everybody worrying over nothing. Especially Jack,” Martha said to Tasha.

“Sure,” Tasha smiled. The two girls gave each other a quick hug goodbye and Martha walked back over to where Jack was sitting.

Jack looked up and smiled when he saw Martha walking back towards him.

“Hey, what took you so long?” he asked.

“Oh, just talking to Tasha,” Martha replied.

“Okay. Well sit down and eat,” Jack told her.

“Yes sir,” she joked. But before she sat down she noticed Megan sitting in a booth on the other side of the room. “Megan’s here,” she said.

Jack looked up at her with a frown. “Yeah, I know. But don’t worry, she’s not here to hassle us,” Jack said.

Martha looked back over at Megan and saw that she was looking at them. Not wanting to look rude, Martha gave her a small smile and wave. Megan copied the gesture.

Martha went to sit in her seat across from Jack, but quickly changed her mind. Not knowing what had come over her; she sat in beside Jack and gave him a soft kiss on the neck. She then looked back at Megan, knowing that she was watching, and gave her one of those ‘sucked in. He’s mine’ smiles.

The look on Megan’s face was enough to make Martha’s day.

“What was that for?” Jack smiled, gaining her attention.

“Just felt like doing it,” she said cheerfully.

Martha looked back over to Megan’s table. She was gone.

What a shame, she laughed to herself. At least I can eat in peace now.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s a new chapter.

NOTE: Here are a few things that you need to know.

*The Believers storyline never happened.

*Tasha isn’t pregnant.

*Tasha and Robbie have not married for real yet.

*Rachel and Kim are not together.

*Flynn is obviously alive and doesn’t have cancer.

CHAPTER TEN

ONE WEEK LATER

Martha clutched her stomach as she leaned over the toilet bowl; retching. Every morning for the last week, this had been a constant ritual. And she hated it. She never expected it to feel or be like this. It was at this moment everyday that she really wished Jack knew. She knew he would there with her; making sure she was okay. But she couldn’t tell him. He was still having trouble excepting that he already had a child. Martha didn’t want to add to the load.

Luckily for her, Jack had worked night shifts all during the week and she had been staying at her own place. She didn’t have to worry about Jack finding out, because he wasn’t there to hear or see her throwing her guts up. And by the time she saw him later on that morning or later in the day, she would be feeling okay again. Jack had absolutely no idea what was going on. But one thing was for sure; Martha hated lying to him.

The only other person that Martha had to hide her morning sickness from was her grandad. But he was usually gone by the time she woke up. Either out fishing or opening Noah’s for the morning rush. So he was never around either to hear her.

She actually couldn’t believe how easy it was keeping her pregnancy from everyone. But she knew she had to tell them soon. She was almost three months pregnant already, and it wouldn’t be long until her baby bump would start appearing. She’d already noticed that she had put a little weight on, and even her breasts felt different. She wouldn’t be able to hide the fact that she was having a baby for too much longer.

Once she had stopped heaving; Martha slowly lowered her back onto the cold floor in the bathroom. She loved the feel of the cold tiles on her back and arms. It soothed and cooled her down. And she always seemed to feel better when she was lying down.

After a few more minutes, Martha slowly pulled herself to her feet. She reached into the shower cubicle and turned the water on. She needed to freshen up; she was supposed to be meeting Tasha and Robbie in an hour, and she didn’t want to be late.

Martha sat herself down into the soft sand. It was a nice day, and the sun was shining brightly. If only her mood was as bright as the sun. She’d tried to make herself look presentable, and she had almost succeeded. The only thing she couldn’t get rid of were the damned black circles under her eyes, and no matter how much foundation she had put on her face; she still looked pale.

Martha looked at her watch. It was almost 10:30 am and Rob and Tasha were meeting her there soon. Perhaps she should have waited another hour or two to meet them; because usually by lunch time she’d be her perky self again and she wouldn’t be feeling like total crap. Ah well, too late now.

Martha looked out over the sparkling ocean. The water looked beautiful today and the waves were awesome. She wished she was out there. Over the last few months Jack had been teaching her to surf, and she loved it. But as soon as she had found out she was pregnant; she had stopped. She didn’t want to risk hitting herself in the stomach with the board.

“Hey Mac,” a cheerful voice from behind her sounded. Martha knew from the voice that it was Tasha.

She stood up and turned around; putting on her fake smile that she had grown accustomed too over the last week. She was surprised when she saw Jack walking towards her with Tasha and Rob. She thought that he would have still been at work.

“Hey guys,” she called out to them. Jack gave her the smile which she knew was reserved only for her. Martha then cast her eyes over Tasha and Rob, and as they got closer she could see that Tasha was beaming. He face was completely lit up with a smile, and her eyes seemed to have an extra sparkle. Rob’s face practically mirrored Tasha’s.

“Okay guys, what’s going on? Has Santa come early this year? Because you two seem a bit too merry,” Martha asked when they reached her. Tasha started giggling, and Rob just kept on smiling.

Jack smiled at her again; giving her a soft kiss on the lips. “Hey,” she said.

Martha then looked back at Tasha and Rob. “Well?” she asked again.

“Rob and I are getting married. For real this time,” Tasha exclaimed.

Martha felt a surge of excitement run through her body. “Oh my god. That’s great,” she squealed, throwing her arms around both Tasha and Rob. “Congratulations,” she finished.

“It is great. Tasha’s eighteen now, so we thought lets get married properly,” Rob smiled, once Martha had pulled out of the hug.

“Well, I think it’s amazing. So have you decided on the date yet?” Martha asked excitedly. She was so glad that her thoughts of the baby had gone. This was just the thing to take her mind off it.

“Yep,” Tasha said. “On this day next month I will officially become Mrs Hunter,” she continued.

“Wow, so soon,” Martha shot out.

“Yeah, but we don’t want to wait,” Rob told her.

“This is so exciting. We have so much planning to do,” Martha said, pulling Tasha into another hug.

For the next half hour the two couples sat on the beach, happily chatting about the upcoming wedding. Jack and Robbie were talking about the engagement party, and Martha and Tasha about the wedding dress.

Martha was in a happy mood; but it soon went away when Robbie opened his mouth.

“I hate to be the bad guy here, but Martha, you look like crap,” Robbie burst out.

“Rob,” Tasha scolded, and whacked him hard on the arm.

“Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence Rob,” Martha exclaimed.

“What? I was just saying,” Rob said, rubbing his arm.

“Rob’s right. You don’t look well. You look really pale and you’ve got dark circles under your eyes,” Jack spoke up, sounding concerned. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Grandad and I had some prawns for dinner last night. I think they were a bit funky,” Martha lied. God, this lying is getting bad, Martha thought. When I die, I’ll definitely be going to hell.

“Well as long as it’s nothing serious. After what happened to you last week; I’ve been worried,” Jack said rubbing her back.

“I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again. I’m fine, so stop worrying,” Martha huffed. “Now, let’s go to Noah’s and tell everybody the good news,” she finished.

The four slowly made their way up the beach. Martha of course didn’t notice the looks Tasha was giving her.

Something is definitely going on with Martha, Tasha thought. She hasn’t been herself lately, and it’s not just because of Megan. Martha was her best friend, and she was worried about her. Something was not right.

Martha sat at the small couch at Noah’s looking around at all the smiling faces. They had all just been told about the wedding; and were now celebrating.

“Are you feeling better?” Jack asked from beside her.

She looked at him and smiled. “Yeah, heaps. And good news always makes me feel better,” Martha replied.

“Good. But if you start to feel sick again, tell me, and I’ll take you home,” Jack told her.

“I’m fine, honestly,” Martha tried to reassure him.

“Okay,” Jack exclaimed, giving Martha a kiss on the cheek. “I’m just going to the bathroom; I’ll be back in a minute”.

Martha watched as Jack stood up and slowly made his way to the bathroom. When she looked back towards the group, she noticed Tasha watching her intently. When Tasha realised that she had been busted, she quickly made her way towards Martha.

“Do I have something on my face?” Martha asked, jokingly.

“I’m worried about you Mac,” Tasha said, turning the conversation serious.

“God, why can’t everybody just get off my back,” Martha began. “I’m fine. There is nothing wrong with me. Does it need to be spelt out?” she continued.

“Why do you get so worked up every time someone asks if you’re okay?” Tasha asked. “Maybe if you told us what’s wrong, we’d stop nagging you”.

“I did tell you. I ate prawns last night, and I think they were a bit funky. That’s it,” Martha snapped.

“I’m not just talking about today. You’ve been acting strange all week. Ever since you’re trip to the hospital infact,” Tasha exclaimed. “Is something wrong? Are you sick?” she asked.

“No, I am not sick. There is noth….,” Martha started, but was cut off by Tasha.

“Are you pregnant?” she asked.

Martha paused. Oh crap, she thought. Come on girl, get a grip. You can talk your way out of this.

“Don’t be stupid Tasha. Of course I’m not pregnant,” she hissed. “If I were, I’d tell you straight away,” she lied.

“You promise?” Tasha questioned.

Martha hated to lie, but it had to be done. “Yes, I promise,” she reassured. Out of the corner of her eye, Martha noticed Jack on his way back toward her. “Okay, let’s pretend that this conversation didn’t happen. I don’t want Jack back on my case,” Martha whispered to Tasha.

Tasha sighed. “Alright, but promise you’ll tell me if something is wrong,” she said.

“I just did,” Martha said under her breathe; just loud enough for Tasha to hear. “Now hush”. She then looked up at Jack smiling as if nothing had happened.

“What are you two whispering about?” Jack smiled down at them.

“Um, nothing,” Martha replied.

“Just wedding stuff. Nothing you’d be interested in,” Tasha explained. “Hey, are you two still up for dinner with me and Rob at the diner tonight?” she then asked, trying to change the subject.

“Yeah, of course,” Martha smiled. “I’m actually looking forward to it. The four of us haven’t really hung out in while. Besides, I could totally go for a burger and chips,” she said.

Martha was glad that the four of them would be hanging out tonight. She was in a good mood, and was starting to feel a lot better. At the moment she was sure nothing could ruin her day.

Archived